Become a Patron!

The Final Deeming - FDA Releases Regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quote snipped for emphasis...

I try to stay out of political matters on social. But not today. And since you did manage to read THAT. Do us all a favor and read the other article where they withdrew their support of Trump, and threw it behind Hillary.

A book is an amazing thing. But only if you read all of it.
Actually, that's a different clan leader. The first (who backed Trump) refused to identify himself. The second (who endorsed Hillary because she might be Hitler in secret) is named Will Quigg.

The devil is in the details, as they say. And I have two English degrees and a master's in Mass Communications, so I'd wager a good sum that I've read more than 90% of the population. I'm also an editor, which means I read particularly closely for a job. The only books I haven't finished are the ones I didn't like, and I've even completed a good deal of those.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually, that's a different clan leader. The first (who backed Trump) refused to identify himself. The second (who endorsed Hillary because she might be Hitler in secret) is named Will Quigg.

A book is an amazing thing, but only if you pay attention to the details
As for Bernie Sanders any asshole that can get up and say that there are no poor white people in America is a lunatic and any party such as the DNC that doesn't denounce such racist claptrap cannot hope to be taken seriously.nor any candidate they run for president.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

A book is an amazing thing, but only if you pay attention to the details

I did. Words are an amazing thing. So is going public.

KKK.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess I am missing how a future president debate relates to the current FDA regulations and what effects that is going to have on us.
the war on vaping has been almost exclusively waged against us by the democrat party and with few exceptions are only defenders seem to be republicans. with a change in the whitehouse comes a change in the policies of the beuacracy hopefully.

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And call your local representatives and tell them to support HR2058. This is VERY important and it can change the predicate date, which would make a HUGE difference all the way around..

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr2058

Been sitting for a year. Thousands of people are calling and telling their representatives to get behind this bill. It's easy to do and only takes a few minutes of your time. Come on, Vapers. We can do this!!!!

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you think it isn't already monitored, regulated, and documented, Edward Snowden has news for you.
Prism in Utah for those that want to learn more.

A multibillion dollar industry about to get outsourced overseas into a grey area. Awful. If more people were upset this could be this generation's tea party. Tea party as in overthrow the elites (big tobacco) and burn their newly taxed products. This is just a straight up tax for those that can afford to pay the penalty. Nothing was banned, just over regulated.

Ace25

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most of the regulations do not take effect during the remainder of the current president's term.

A new president could easily tell a new FDA head: "Don't enforce this nonsense!"
What nonsense are we talking about? Guess that is my point. We don't even know everything in the regulation but we are already talking about how the next president can stop it. I think it's putting the cart before the horse.

First lets figure out exactly how each of us are affected. For me, I haven't found much that will affect me (the new California laws will have a much bigger impact on my vaping than the FDA regulations). I have already horded the items I think could be an issue (tanks, mods for me), the other things (VG/PG/Flavors) I don't see any worry since I DIY my juice and coils and don't use nicotine (which I haven't seen any issue with but I believe it will be the next target to go after for the gov't). I don't know how the gov't can label ingredients I can find at Wal-Mart and Michaels Craft stores as a tobacco product so I think my VG/PG/flavors are safe for a while. I understand that some people will be affected much more than others and that is something we should be discussing right now so we can have a united front instead of worrying who the next president will be and what they may or may not do with these regulations.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This isn't about YOU and YOUR ability to hoard shit.
What about the guy who is smoking right now?
Are these regs going to make it easier for him to quit smoking? NO
These regs make it so vape shops will not legally be allowed to say that vaping is safer than smoking,
A Vape shop won't even legally be allowed to tell users that ecigs do not contain smoke or tobacco!
How can that be helpful?

Read this:
http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/2016/05/fda-e-cigarette-deeming-regulations-are.html

a quote: "Sadly, the "deeming regulations" would better be called "The Cigarette Smoking Promotion Regulations of 2016."

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These regs make it so vape shops will not legally be allowed to say that vaping is safer than smoking,
A Vape shop won't even legally be allowed to tell users that ecigs do not contain smoke or tobacco!
How can that be helpful?

Read this:
http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/2016/05/fda-e-cigarette-deeming-regulations-are.html

a quote: "Sadly, the "deeming regulations" would better be called "The Cigarette Smoking Promotion Regulations of 2016."
Exactly. What about those who have smoked for many years and might have considered switching to vaping instead?

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The very existence of vape shops in the future is in question as far as I can tell.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What nonsense are we talking about? Guess that is my point. We don't even know everything in the regulation but we are already talking about how the next president can stop it. I think it's putting the cart before the horse.

First lets figure out exactly how each of us are affected. For me, I haven't found much that will affect me (the new California laws will have a much bigger impact on my vaping than the FDA regulations). I have already horded the items I think could be an issue (tanks, mods for me), the other things (VG/PG/Flavors) I don't see any worry since I DIY my juice and coils and don't use nicotine (which I haven't seen any issue with but I believe it will be the next target to go after for the gov't). I don't know how the gov't can label ingredients I can find at Wal-Mart and Michaels Craft stores as a tobacco product so I think my VG/PG/flavors are safe for a while. I understand that some people will be affected much more than others and that is something we should be discussing right now so we can have a united front instead of worrying who the next president will be and what they may or may not do with these regulations.

First of all @Rossum is absolutely correct that a change in president, as long as it is also a change in party, almost always stops pending FDA activities. Google it for yourself, there is lots of precedent for this. This would be business as usual for Washington. Part and parcel of a regime change in Washington.

Second, and most important, lets forget how we are individually impeded and focus on the value of fighting this for the benefit of the poor slobs that are still trapped in the death spiral of smoking tobacco. These folks are the biggest attack vector for these regulations... even if they don't know it yet. Think how different it would be if the FDA embraced vaping with the goal of extending life and improving quality of life of current smokers while at the same time reducing the staggering medical costs the government (you and me) spend to extend the lives of those dying from smoking.

I think you need to re-evaluate your selfishness with your response to this issue and think of the lives of the millions of folks that would benefit from our fighting this at every turn and every level. I'm happy that you will not feel the effects of this new regulatory attack on vapors because you have prepared well for yourself, and I'm saddened that you care so little for others.

I don't fight this for myself. Like you, I'm prepared. But I'll fight like hell for others that don't yet realize they need me to fight for them.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i'm worried about the backyard modders i buy mods from

i'm in australia, nic is illegal here, juice companies sell double flavour strength 0mg juice, we then import nic to mix with it

I read somewhere today that 0mg juice is covered by the FDA ruling.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How can that be helpful?

Read this:

On the fucking money 100%. Big Tobacco just got handed a monster bag of cash with this shit.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And call your local representatives and tell them to support HR2058. This is VERY important and it can change the predicate date, which would make a HUGE difference all the way around..

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr2058

Been sitting for a year. Thousands of people are calling and telling their representatives to get behind this bill. It's easy to do and only takes a few minutes of your time. Come on, Vapers. We can do this!!!!

I hate to burst your hope bubble, but even if congress and the senate pass the bill, Obomber will veto it. Hitlery and Slanders will veto it if president.

You have to also vote for a R for President, and pass the bill in the house and senate.

Last edited:

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I read somewhere today that 0mg juice is covered by the FDA ruling.

It's on page 222 of the deeming reg...

"Nicotine-free e-liquid that is intended or reasonably expected to be used with or for the human consumption of tobacco products in most cases would be a component or part of a tobacco product and, therefore, within the scope of this rule. These products will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. "

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think a real problem here is that the problems WE will encounter are not the problems that average vaper will.

I used to go through a 30ml a week when I used a clearo and an ego battery. $30 a week is still cheaper than smoking in the end. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that just because we care, doesn't mean the general public will care.

Unless laws truly affect the masses, the sheep don't give a shit and the idiocracy and BT will win.

All that being said, I'll do everything I can, but the outlook looks pretty bleak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have over 7 gallons of the purest grade of liquid VG based nicotine you can buy, extended shelf life argon gas treated, in the freezer. Flavorings, all that. I have over 60 rebuildables, hundreds of feet of different building wires. Over 10 DNA200 boards, a few SX boards. 100's of Mosfets, thousands of resistors, hundreds of diodes, almost 50 anti-vandals, a few hundred tactile switches, 555's for PWM wiring, PWM smart boards, battery sleds, lipo connectors, Hammond and 3D printed enclosures, around 30 510 connectors. Batteries of all kinds for days.

I've been ready for this day for a long time, I was as FDA-Doomsday Prep as they come but I still can't shake this lingering feeling of dread and doom. Think of the country we live in, think of what our government does. I know I'm a native Serbian from Europe but, I still served in the USMC and THIS kind of shit is not what I fought for. This kind of shit is not why I was glad to end up here compared to what I lived in back home. Do you think back in the 13 Colonies, when the American Revolution was won, this is what the forefathers of this country envisioned? The USA is losing freedoms every year, this country is practically already a police state.

This isn't about how to get ready, who will survive. Not for me, this is about the state of the country we live in and this FDA shit speaks clearly about it.

The country we live in is fucking decaying from the inside out and the majority of its citizens are either oblivious to it or straight up don't care. This is just the symptom of an even bigger problem and we as a whole need to do something before the last of our freedoms die out and we literally cannot.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have over 7 gallons of the purest grade of liquid VG based nicotine you can buy, extended shelf life argon gas treated, in the freezer. Flavorings, all that. I have over 60 rebuildables, hundreds of feet of different building wires. Over 10 DNA200 boards, a few SX boards. 100's of Mosfets, thousands of resistors, hundreds of diodes, almost 50 anti-vandals, a few hundred tactile switches, 555's for PWM wiring, PWM smart boards, battery sleds, lipo connectors, Hammond and 3D printed enclosures, around 30 510 connectors. Batteries of all kinds for days.

I've been ready for this day for a long time, I was as FDA-Doomsday Prep as they come but I still can't shake this lingering feeling of dread and doom. Think of the country we live in, think of what our government does. I know I'm a native Serbian from Europe but, I still served in the USMC and THIS kind of shit is not what I fought for. This kind of shit is not why I was glad to end up here compared to what I lived in back home. Do you think back in the 13 Colonies, when the American Revolution was won, this is what the forefathers of this country envisioned? The USA is losing freedoms every year, this country is practically already a police state.

This isn't about how to get ready, who will survive. Not for me, this is about the state of the country we live in and this FDA shit speaks clearly about it.

The country we live in is fucking decaying from the inside out and the majority of its citizens are either oblivious to it or straight up don't care. This is just the symptom of an even bigger problem and we as a whole need to do something before the last of our freedoms die out and we literally cannot.
Damn fuckin' straight!

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The government LOVES to regulate shit. They regulate our freedoms, they regulate our firearms, they regulate our income, they regulate our education, they regulate our overall power, now they're regulating everything we put in our bodies vaping included.

They don't give the slightest, smallest fuck about the fact that vaping is a form of harm reduction. They fucking know it's safer than tobacco, anyone with half a brain knows. Like I said, this is just a symptom of a much bigger disease. A disease that's infesting this country and MANY others across the world.

I don't mean to take the anti-government conspiracy theorist stance, because that isn't the kind of person I am. That being said, look around you, even just ten years ago, is this the same country now as it was then? Twenty, thirty years ago? The more time passes, the more the integrity of value and meaning this country clings to corrodes.

It's a fucked up situation, and while I definitely feel like we need to do everything we can to fight in order to keep vaping alive, we need to fight to keep a lot more than vaping alive. Like our fucking freedom. This country, no, this WORLD, needs a revolution. I know signing petitions feels good, but in the grand scheme it's not going to solve all our problems. Sign it, yes, don't just avoid responsibility because you think it won't make a difference. Just don't limit yourself, do as much as you can. Bitch at a congressman until he hangs up the phone, use the last fucking remnants of your freedom left, like the power to vote, to let politicians know YOU ARE a single issue voter. Write letters, make phone calls, hell go above and beyond the call of action and do whatever it takes because at this point we are about to be in the phase of sounding retreat and once that happens WE ARE ALL FUCKED. DO SOMETHING.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The issue is the ruling entity doesn't care. Read some of the 449 pages. "The FDA disagrees" is not an answer. A circus court is what it is. This whole thing pissed me off pretty good and it's hard to shake. I retired from the Air Force because I didn't like the direction it was going. You can't very easily retire from the USA. Too many have done that and that is why this crap is happening.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just tried to buy a mod on a site in South Carolina and got this message after going through the whole check out process:

Due to FDA regulations our ONLINE STORE is currently disabled - NO PAYMENT WILL BE PROCESSED!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
That's an omen for the end. It'll be small vendors like that who die out first. If you have ANY purchases you've been debating pulling the trigger on, DO IT NOW. Regardless of how this fight plays out, you don't know how many vendors are going to flee in terror at the first sign of something going wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors