Become a Patron!

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

'On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assurance for after all God gave us brains to use. Or thought-life will be placed on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives.'
page 86 fourth ed.

With that thought here are todays Meditations:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

'On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assurance for after all God gave us brains to use. Or thought-life will be placed on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives.'
page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just found this thread in the "new posts" section. Love it.

On the first day, egomama said "This thread is for all of us who have been addicted to something. Who have fallen down a dark hole and have climbed back out or are just learning to how to start the climb. This is for those of us who are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel."

Obviously I'm a member of VU because I quit cigarettes by vaping, but vaping is an addiction, one that I don't worry about at all, other than having it banned.

It took me many decades to figure out that overeating is an addiction, a form of self-medication, self-abuse and self-isolation, a dependency. Like many overweight people I just thought I was undisciplined, unmotivated, greedy, gluttonous, loaded with bad character traits. I still deal with food addiction every day, and it's tricky because we have to eat. What really turned on the light for me was a YouTuber who was trying to lose weight, posting vids of walks with her dog, of herself creating delicious low calorie recipes and cooking tricks, her workout routines. I found all sorts of little things, like the hot dogs that are 45 calories each, like how chalupas and tacos will usually be under 200 calories apiece. She did a video of herself sampling chocolates, to present the idea that you enjoy and savor a bite of chocolate with a strong coffee or a brandy, rather than gobbling it down. These are obvious things, but as you watched her videos over weeks and months, you saw her succeed with her weight loss. She made it all fun and interesting, not about dieting, but about life.

I hope everybody is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm still battling the "gooey" middle between knees and waist, but feeling wonderful about life, friends, food, adventure and vaping.

I'm enjoying reading bigdaddybrink1 .

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
This is a test post for my great friend @bigdaddybrink1
Im gonna fill in for this great guy as he has a very well deserved holiday and break.
I will say I feel privileged to do so as he has tirelessly posted here to help others with issues and done so through thick and thin.
He deserves full respect. Have an awesome break mate/bro, you deserve it.

Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

Devotion for Day of October 29, 2021 | Daily Prayer

Christian Morning Devotion for October 29, 2021. Today’s Scripture: Matthew 6:1-4 (ESV), “Sermon on the Mount - Giving in Secret”. “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.” |...
dailyprayer.us

Just for Today Meditation

Alcoholics Anonymous : Daily Reflection

Daily, Reflection, quote of the day, daily quote, daily
www.aa.org

Thought for the Day | Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation.

301 Redirect

301 This page location has permanently moved follow the link to the new url address
www.step12.com

Last edited:

bigdaddybrink1

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

Christian Morning Devotion for October 29, 2021. Today’s Scripture: Matthew 6:1-4 (ESV), “Sermon on the Mount - Giving in Secret”. “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.” |...
dailyprayer.us

www.aa.org

301 Redirect

301 This page location has permanently moved follow the link to the new url address
www.step12.com

I want to say it is with a heavy heart that i pass the reigns to another friend of Bill. It had been a true pleasure posting and hoping that these posts reach at least one person. Please welcome my friend and yours to the new postings daily.
God bless you everyone.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

dailyprayer.us

www.aa.org

301 Redirect

www.step12.com

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning ya'll.

page 86 fourth ed.

dailyprayer.us

www.aa.org

301 Redirect

www.step12.com

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning to all.

page 86 fourth ed.

Mathew 11 v 28-30 KJV
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Just for today meditation...

https://www.jftna.org/jft/

Alcoholics Anonymous daily reflection...

https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/daily-reflection

Thought for the day Betty Ford Foundation...

https://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/thought-for-the-day/the-language-of-letting-go

Step 12...
https://step12.com/aa/promises-a-a-big-book-1039/

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning to all.

page 86 fourth ed.

Mathew 11 v 28-30 KJV
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

https://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/thought-for-the-day/the-language-of-letting-go

Step 12...

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning to all.

page 86 fourth ed.

Mathew 11 v 28-30 KJV

Step 12...

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning to all.

page 86 fourth ed.

Mathew 11 v 28-30 KJV

Step 12...

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning to all.

page 86 fourth ed.

Mathew 11 v 28-30 KJV

Step 12...

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning to all.

page 86 fourth ed.

Mathew 11 v 28-30 KJV

Please to anyone reading this, reach out and click onto these links below.
You will get help. You are also welcome to PM me here on this site.
You are not alone.

Step 12...

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good morning to all.

page 86 fourth ed.

Mathew 11 v 28-30 KJV

Please to anyone reading this, reach out and click onto these links below.
You will get help. You are also welcome to PM me here on this site.
You are not alone.

Step 12...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No disrespect intent here.

All of this is great for those willing & able to believe in a "higher power". I'm sure that does offer comfort.

What is there for those unwilling &/ unable to believe in any "higher power"? We simply trudge on in living without comfort?

Again no disrespect intent, merely pondering "aloud".

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No disrespect intent here.

All of this is great for those willing & able to believe in a "higher power". I'm sure that does offer comfort.

What is there for those unwilling &/ unable to believe in any "higher power"? We simply trudge on in living without comfort?

Again no disrespect intent, merely pondering "aloud".

I know of no organisation that believes in God that would refuse help to non believers. Nor any that would require someone to become one in order to get help.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know of no organisation that believes in God that would refuse help to non believers. Nor any that would require someone to become one in order to get help.
No and not claiming such either. Although there is the ever present sense of exclusion, weather anyone asserts it or not. A clique is a clique, is a clique. That kind of then in turn leaves one feeling well, ... out in the cold. Starting to accept and believe my wife's joking expression, I'm beyond help.

It's not only the religious issue either. People just cannot fathom some of what I "handle" nor can they really offer any kind of advice, help. I see that in them and feel terrible making them feel as helpless as myself. Why ask for help if it'll not be there?

Not saying I've any worse issues than anyone else. It's simply the things going on with myself are quite particular to myself. And yes a good portion is literally "all in my head". There's nothing to help that even if I take up free will and choice.

What is has been, is and will be for me. Damned to attempt damned to not. Talking I'm afraid really doesn't help either. Go see someone Monday (Sunday here now) just for that and really not "feeling" it. And it's because well, I know there's no real advice to be offered.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors