Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got me a new to me toy this morning. Threw my vape snail in it and a drip tip.
96b47442f33989b2f926aacdc89158e0.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just set up another mod out of boredom, still working out the coil I want in it though. The .25 is a little too rowdy for this RDA, so I am going to shoot for a .3-.35 on the next one and see if that tames it down a bit. Can't run the sewing machine this late since it is a bit loud and I don't want to wake the wife, so I can't wrap any more clapton wire until tomorrow sadly. It is a full stabwood VA spade with a GR1 on top.
View attachment 176037
Sewing machine?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't be able to do it anyway, but I never even thought of that :)

There's probably a way to wire a sewing machine pedal directly to a drill motor. I'm sure all it is is a potentiometer in a pedal. They might even be in the same range electronically.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Checked them out. The ones I found were for the Slam and sold out. Saw they had a silver pin for the Nightmare, sold out. Shitty! They do however have silver pins for the Asgard/Asgard Mini. I'll be grabbing a few of those. Thanks again for the link

Vapingdelights is the discount code for 10% off

The silver he has is the same as if buying from Eric Simpson, just a few bucks more, but without the long wait.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just picked up another mod a few hours ago. I was trying to figure out a way to break it to the wife, and this is one I have not used yet. I'm gonna give it a shot, pretty excited to see how it works out.
You actually tell her? I just open the box in the car and put them on a shelf. Until 9 come in one day. Ha ha. No really only joking. She was pretty supportive as well just could never get her on the vape train. Too bad she loved the scents. My cloud of lies cuz there was no muffins. Lol

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You actually tell her? I just open the box in the car and put them on a shelf. Until 9 come in one day. Ha ha. No really only joking. She was pretty supportive as well just could never get her on the vape train. Too bad she loved the scents. My cloud of lies cuz there was no muffins. Lol

My wife wised up and took a pic of my shelf. I hate it when she gets clever.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh man. Don't let any other wives know that secret. Yikes. I'd have been fired long ago if mine had thought ahead like that. Ha ha

That should tell you how many times I got caught slipping new mods in. She didn't notice a new mod here and there after I had about 25 up there, but started catching on to my tricks.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BTW, @Syythe ..if you had not mentioned it, I would not have searched when I did and found MOAR FLAVES. I hope u got some as well.

I can always find squonkers, or make them..good atomizers I cannot.

I thank u sir. :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sure did! Thanks again for the heads up. I just hope I like it as much as you do!
You will. It's called the Flave for a reason. Nearly ANY build that fits works in it. The steel is thick...nvr gets hot.

I preferred the Tank version for lazy squonking, but the RDA is the same thing minus the reserve tank.

SImple single wire, NI80 mtl-wire, claptons, etc...done 'em all in those. I got my RDA from a person here with a 0.5 simple contact coil in it, I left it there and it rox....

I'm happy I could spread the Flave luv.... :D

If you hate them, I will buy them ...there were only 9 left after all.... they are no longer being made. ;)

Last edited:

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You will. It's called the Flave for a reason. Nearly ANY build that fits works in it. The steel is thick...nvr gets hot.

I preferred the Tank version for lazy squonking, but the RDA is the same thing minus the reserve tank.

SImple single wire, NI80 mtl-wire, claptons, etc...done 'em all in those. I got my RDA from a person here with a 0.5 simple contact coil in it, I left it there and it rox....

I've been running a .16-.18 fused clapton in my B2K on a mech squonk mod. Someone told me that the flave has a similar amount of airflow as the B2K, and that is what I have been searching for. As long as it isn't too restricted, it should see some heavy use.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been running a .16-.18 fused clapton in my B2K on a mech squonk mod. Someone told me that the flave has a similar amount of airflow as the B2K, and that is what I have been searching for. As long as it isn't too restricted, it should see some heavy use.
It is not restricted, it is a r-dl to dl atty...

JCASH had one: https://vapingunderground.com/threads/sold-flave-22-rdta.577560/

I am selling an authentic Flave 22mm batch #1 RDTA. This makes a 2ml add on for squonkers with the squonk pin installed and is one of the most flavorful 22mm RDA's I own.

That is saying something coming from him.

I tend to run them around .4 or so, but im not a super-low ohm guy and don't do much mech anymore.

If ya need any help with it, lemme know. :)

Last edited:

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

If you hate them, I will buy them ...there were only 9 left after all.... they are no longer being made. ;)
Crazy... The only ones I can find available cost over 105 euros.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very good to hear. I saw that one a little too late, and when I ended up asking if he had any more, he didn't. I even tried to buy the one he was giving away with a mod he had for sale. If the mod wouldn't have sold so fast, I probably would have just bought it and resold it, and kept the rda.
AND they say vaping will end after zee bans...it will not!
Vapers united, do not get in our way of the shiney!!!!! :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not on my budget. For that price, I better get a couple mod kits.
I spent like $38 bucks for two of them from 2Fdeal ...shipped....whut?
Yer in the USA too..I dont get it dear....I'm in WA, a nanny state from hell that many shops wont even ship to anymore.

You must be looking at the authentics..they were always cray prices.

Hint: the clones are identical. Both were made in China.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I used to run a framed staple in the Flave 24. Phenomenal

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It Definitely is. And thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I haven't posted anything of it cuz well, IDK...if you didn't vape back then and know how amazing this was, ya wouldn't quite understand? The mod and atty were great, but you made them legendary.

Silly I know, now with all the Purge mods and coatings and all...but this was ground breaking shit then. Many peeps did it back then, but few of those mods remain from that era. :)

Anyone can Cerakote a mod, this was an act of chemistry gone beautifully well.

I remember. It's not just a pretty thing, it's vaping history.

And it hits like a truck too.

In this era of bling mods and pods....some things need remembering.

Like this:

nWRc0.jpg

Amku1gB.jpg

vzAl7yH.jpg

iYBv1cu.jpg

uIbhc8g.jpg

cukr0zQ.jpg

PuaWJ6n.jpg

VyrPPYp.jpg

nXNHOWz.jpg

dBkcQ.jpg

An H-atty..$150 back then. Best Genny I ever had. Still is if for being verrry MTL.

9HxGIKd.jpg

June 2012, and the kit that got me off cigs. The company (Crystal Clear Vaping) that sold to me it is gone, and the owner is dead. But they saved me. And that mod still works on it's original 14650 batteries to this day.

bsStb.jpg

That was vaping. Before the social media, before the hype machine.

Not many of ya will remember all these things, but if not for them and other things like them, none of ya would be here. ;)

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't posted anything of it cuz well, IDK...if you didn't vape back then and know how amazing this was, ya wouldn't quite understand? The mod and atty were great, but you made them legendary.

Silly I know, now with all the Purge mods and coatings and all...but this was ground breaking shit then. Many peeps did it back then, but few of those mods remain from that era. :)

Anyone can Cerakote a mod, this was an act of chemistry gone beautifully well.

I remember. It's not just a pretty thing, it's vaping history.

And it hits like a truck too.

In this era of bling mods and pods....some things need remembering.

Like this:

nWRc0.jpg

Amku1gB.jpg

vzAl7yH.jpg

iYBv1cu.jpg

uIbhc8g.jpg

cukr0zQ.jpg

PuaWJ6n.jpg

VyrPPYp.jpg

nXNHOWz.jpg

dBkcQ.jpg

An H-atty..$150 back then. Best Genny I ever had. Still is if for being verrry MTL.

9HxGIKd.jpg

June 2012, and the kit that got me off cigs. The company (Crystal Clear Vaping) that sold to me it is gone, and the owner is dead. But they saved me. And that mod still works on it's original 14650 batteries to this day.

bsStb.jpg

That was vaping. Before the social media, before the hype machine.

Not many of ya will remember all these things, but if not for them and other things like them, none of ya would be here. ;)
man you should be an inspirational speaker you damn sure know how to pump somebody up I appreciate it man. Science is an awesome thing

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Finally caved and ordered one of these mods this morning. The Lime Green. Been looking at these ever since they came out saw it on sale and figured, what the heck. Everyone needs a little color in their life and people seem to really like them.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally caved and ordered one of these mods this morning. The Lime Green. Been looking at these ever since they came out saw it on sale and figured, what the heck. Everyone needs a little color in their life and people seem to really like them.
I love them mainly for two reasons. Hand feel and VV! I was as sad as anybody when VV started to go away. Much prefer it to VW. Hand feel is second to none. You won't believe how light it is. Heard some gripe about the TC, I don't know anything about that.

VU Sponsors