The Official #HandCheck Thread

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I love them mainly for two reasons. Hand feel and VV! I was as sad as anybody when VV started to go away. Much prefer it to VW. Hand feel is second to none. You won't believe how light it is. Heard some gripe about the TC, I don't know anything about that.
If a mod has the option of VV that's what I use. :) So that is great to hear they have that. I had gotten a LV GRUS not long ago and really don't care for the weight of it but it has VV so I may as well hang onto it for now. That's the ONLY reason I'm keeping the thing. People love the GRUS but I am not a fan honestly

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
vzAl7yH.jpg
I think that's an authentic copper Panzer.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just rediscovered this Vauban RDA when I was trying to find an elder dragon for someone. I completely forgot about it. Dropped in a fresh build. I can't remember why it fell out of my rotation, it is a pretty airy vape and has a nice condensed deck. Exactly what I look for in an RDA.

bOc43RX.jpgSDW0uMN.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty decent kit. Especially for 14 bucks. Pico Squeeze 2 and Coral RDA. Put Arctic Fox on it first thing like usual. This rda ain't half bad at all. Definitely an open dtl vape for sure though.

Only real con here is I do not like the fire button placement which is on the other side directly opposite the logo. .
20210110_011946_cr.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty decent kit. Especially for 14 bucks. Pico Squeeze 2 and Coral RDA. Put Arctic Fox on it first thing like usual. This rda ain't half bad at all. Definitely an open dtl vape for sure though.

Only real con here is I do not like the fire button placement which is on the other side directly opposite the logo. .
View attachment 176169
I actually like the fire button placement. I was able to fire with the inner side of my thumb

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Double vinegar and lime juice bath, idk how many rounds of Neverdull, but yeah, cleaned up and vaping great :cool:
I know this may sound silly but tomato ketchup also works for this if you just let it soak long enough. It's what the custom loop OC'ers over at overclockers.co.uk forum website use for cleaning their copper waterblocks, and, the upside is it lets you avoid that penetrant vinegar smell. Same reason I never use Nevr-Dull or brasso (or Mothers Billet Metal Polish, or etc....) the petroleum smell keeps propagating into the next room until finally it stinks up the whole house and ruins the flavor of my vape.

Cape Cod is what I like to use instead, as that one only has a really very mild smell to it, and, as a bonus it keeps the mods shiny for almost twice as long in comparison, due to the invisible protective layer that it gives. But I don't let any kind of 'protective' stuff get onto the screw threads because else it speeds up corrosion after it breaks down gradually over time. At least, it breaks down in those areas where the capacitive coupling between the two metal surfaces causes micro arcing to occur on a relatively frequent basis when you fire the mod.

That also includes any type of contact cleaner that contains a bit of electric grease or lube the purpose of which is to help prevent oxidation and slow down corrosion. That is, it's supposed to slow it down, but the reality is that, for a mech mod, in the long haul it ends up speeding corrosion up. And besides, it actually increases the voltage drop of the mod like I have been saying for quite some time─AND immediately I got flamed like no tomorrow just for telling it how it is despite the measurements are still obviously backing that up so, just tell the non believers to hold their breath till face turns all purple and green... jump to 19:55 in the video below:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know this may sound silly but tomato ketchup also works for this if you just let it soak long enough. It's what the custom loop OC'ers over at overclockers.co.uk forum website use for cleaning their copper waterblocks, and, the upside is it lets you avoid that penetrant vinegar smell. Same reason I never use Nevr-Dull or brasso (or Mothers Billet Metal Polish, or etc....) the petroleum smell keeps propagating into the next room until finally it stinks up the whole house and ruins the flavor of my vape.

Cape Cod is what I like to use instead, as that one only has a really very mild smell to it, and, as a bonus it keeps the mods shiny for almost twice as long in comparison, due to the invisible protective layer that it gives. But I don't let any kind of 'protective' stuff get onto the screw threads because else it speeds up corrosion after it breaks down gradually over time. At least, it breaks down in those areas where the capacitive coupling between the two metal surfaces causes micro arcing to occur on a relatively frequent basis when you fire the mod.

That also includes any type of contact cleaner that contains a bit of electric grease or lube the purpose of which is to help prevent oxidation and slow down corrosion. That is, it's supposed to slow it down, but the reality is that, for a mech mod, in the long haul it ends up speeding corrosion up. And besides, it actually increases the voltage drop of the mod like I have been saying for quite some time─AND immediately I got flamed like no tomorrow just for telling it how it is despite the measurements are still obviously backing that up so, just tell the non believers to hold their breath till face turns all purple and green... jump to 19:55 in the video below:

Thanks, I have hear that about ketchup, just never tried. Believe it or not, the thought of a ketchup bath repulses me more than the smell of vinegar, lol.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, I have hear that about ketchup, just never tried. Believe it or not, the thought of a ketchup bath repulses me more than the smell of vinegar, lol.

I don't know of many things that are more repulsive to me than the smell of vinegar.

I have a brass tube that needs cleaning, and hubbs told me to use vinegar. I think not. It might just have to stay dirty if that's the only thing that will clean it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ivenused ketchup a couple time on my drum cymbals some years back. Works in a pinch when I was out of cleaner. Gotta keep them Zildjian's clean man. That oxidation definitely makes the pitch different when dirty vs clean

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
For some reason I am getting the dreaded red x on pic's tonight, but thanks. I will try that. I have a few copper and brass knurled DT's, and I can't get them back to looking good.
If it has a lot of patina, you can use a polish with the toothbrush first then soap and water.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ketchup works. I've used it before with good results.

The reason I like the vinegar/lemon (or lime) juice bath is because of the fluidity of that solution. Particularly for Vaporz Cloud type mech switches, but also any mech parts that have harder to reach areas, like between the spring thing contacts and the body of the housing. Of course this is good for engravings or patterns too. (As is ketchup)

I leave deeply tarnished pieces in a glass jar with a cover on it overnight. That does the heavy lifting which then turns a regular cleaning/polishing back into a regular cleaning/polishing.

I use quick dry non-residue electronic contact cleaner in the VC switches to flush out the vinegar and juice from the spring things. Yes, you do want the kind that doesn't leave residue. High quality isopropyl alcohol will work for this too.

Recently I put my XXX switches in the ultrasonic using the vinegar/juice as the solution. Right over the transducer in the middle. Of course by itself a USC does nothing for patina, but using the vinegar/juice for the USC solution this was the surprising result for the brass one after 4 180 seconds cycles. Like I say I had it positioned right over the transducer pointing the u s waves straight into the housing. It got the outside too :)

brass.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors