nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Not a hand check, just a request for info, and I know all the info hangs out here! :)

Used a 40% off code last night in the middle of the night to buy a purple Atocha. Anything specific I need to know about it? Some suggestions perhaps for an atty that works well on it? (I have no 30mm attys except a Doc RDA and a VC Glacier, both SS.) Preferred battery? Any special cleaning needed?

It's at least one tier up from the mods I usually buy, so I'd like to know what I need to know when I use it.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not a hand check, just a request for info, and I know all the info hangs out here! :)

Used a 40% off code last night in the middle of the night to buy a purple Atocha. Anything specific I need to know about it? Some suggestions perhaps for an atty that works well on it? (I have no 30mm attys except a Doc RDA and a VC Glacier, both SS.) Preferred battery? Any special cleaning needed?

It's at least one tier up from the mods I usually buy, so I'd like to know what I need to know when I use it.
Only thing I have found with mine is after putting a battery in, when screwing back on the bottom, the nub on the fire bar wants to catch on the locking part of the cup. I simply pull lightly on the bottom of the fire bar when screwing back together. NBD, and love it otherwise. Extremely easy to clean, very little contact surfaces. As far as RDA, whatever you want. I prefer 28mm or 30mm, but that is just for looks. Hope you enjoy as much as I do :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Only thing I have found with mine is after putting a battery in, when screwing back on the bottom, the nub on the fire bar wants to catch on the locking part of the cup. I simply pull lightly on the bottom of the fire bar when screwing back together. NBD, and love it otherwise. Extremely easy to clean, very little contact surfaces. As far as RDA, whatever you want. I prefer 28mm or 30mm, but that is just for looks. Hope you enjoy as much as I do :)

Thanks a bunch. I appreciate the advice! I might rebuild the Doc and try it - last time, I was brand spanking new at rebuildables. Believe I could do a better job now, and the shiny stainless will look good.

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor

It has no quirks, fire bar is buttery smooth, silver coating hits like a damn champ, you'll enjoy it! I like to use a asgard mini with beauty ring on mine, or a violator rta. I posted this pic a while ago but here you can see what it looks like again ~

One tip I would say unscrew the atty a bit each time you go to remove your battery, or the silver contact will get swirl marks dug into it over time from turning against the battery when you unscrew the bottom.

20210618_154751.jpg20210618_154824.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It has no quirks, fire bar is buttery smooth, silver coating hits like a damn champ, you'll enjoy it! I like to use a asgard mini with beauty ring on mine, or a violator rta. I posted this pic a while ago but here you can see what it looks like again ~

One tip I would say unscrew the atty a bit each time you go to remove your battery, or the silver contact will get swirl marks dug into it over time from turning against the battery when you unscrew the bottom.

View attachment 184043View attachment 184044

Now you're making me think of pulling my huge Voopoo Rimfire RTA out of mothballs to use on the Atocha. Terrific RTA, just mighty big for most mods that I'm currently using.

Thanks for your comments! I'll just have to see which one works best. I can only drip for a few minutes at a time before it starts to get on my nerves, so the Rimfire might be just the thing.

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Now you're making me think of pulling my huge Voopoo Rimfire RTA out of mothballs to use on the Atocha. Terrific RTA, just mighty big for most mods that I'm currently using.

Thanks for your comments! I'll just have to see which one works best. I can only drip for a few minutes at a time before it starts to get on my nerves, so the Rimfire might be just the thing.
Lol I'm the same way, I have to squonk or use rta on tubes, dripping gets old fast for me 😅

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I hated dripping untill i found the ez dripper bottles.
See thats great for the car, but still having to have a bottle in my other hand and pump instead of squeeze doesn't fix it for me. I do still drip sometimes at home, but lately the defiant TS has been all I use... handles low builds and lasts all day, huge winner for me!

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
See thats great for the car, but still having to have a bottle in my other hand and pump instead of squeeze doesn't fix it for me. I do still drip sometimes at home, but lately the defiant TS has been all I use... handles low builds and lasts all day, huge winner for me!
I mainly squonk as well. But dont mind dripping at home. I had a defiant ds and still regret selling it. I will hopefully end up getting them again

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No clue, lol. Years ago. I might have some more though if you are looking for some?
I’ll take a couple of them if you can spare them.
I’ll trade you Pirate Chick wraps for them.
I was organizing some stuff and came across another box of Athena silicone bottles if you want them. I have some for @nadalama too but I keep forgetting to send them.
And I remember having the original Coppervapes bottles in a box somewhere also. They’re yours because I can’t stand them.
We’ll have to do wings again someday when neither of us has to work.
Take care

VU Sponsors