Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Love this little dude. Really like the 520 rba in it. I'm thinking it's a tad better than the snail. More flexibility in air flow and nowhere near the condensation under it. Size is like the dot which I liked but wasn't adjustable wattage like this.
b285d80aab33a5bef25158b2026a21b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love that. Odin is one I always wanted, never ended up with for whatever reason.
I had 3 75Cs at one point and sold one of the black ones, which I now kind of regret. If there's one setup I use more than any other it's the black Odin 75C with the black DLC Kayfun Lite [Plus] with the improved 2021 deck.

That combo is close to perfection for a mtl setup. Actually I got the first Odin 75C from @gadget! as I recall.

You would love that mod. Whether the DNA version or not.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did that with a Timekeeper. Ditz that I am, I ventured forth and took the switch apart. That little debacle taught me a thing or two about rare earth magnets. I have two Timekeepers, but only one that works now, because I cannibalized a magnet from the other one to fix the one I broke.

These Voopoo RTA Pod tanks have those magnets, too. I have a bunch of those tanks, but one is unique in that, when I remove the rebuildable part from the fitting where it sits, the magnets stay in the fitting, rather than coming away with the rebuildable part. Then I have to get in there with my thumbnail and basically slide the magnet to the edge and capture it before it can fly off somewhere and attach itself to another magnet or to metal somewhere else in the fitting. It is a PITA. Have thought of super-gluing the magnets in place, but didn't know if that would be safe. I'd really rather not vape super glue. I also have no confidence whatsoever that super glue is stronger than the magnets.
Yeah, those rare earth magnets ain't no joke. The bigger ones will draw blood if you get your skin between them. Seriously.

I would use JB WELD for that. Guaranteed to work if you do it right and will not break down and shouldn't produce toxins at vaping temps. Unless maybe if it was put right on the coil. I wouldn't want super glue in my RTA either.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had 3 75Cs at one point and sold one of the black ones, which I now kind of regret. If there's one setup I use more than any other it's the black Odin 75C with the black DLC Kayfun Lite [Plus] with the improved 2021 deck.

That combo is close to perfection for a mtl setup. Actually I got the first Odin 75C from @gadget! as I recall.

You would love that mod. Whether the DNA version or not.
You offered one to me back when, should have grabbed it, regret that. They have both at a local shop, should just go grab the non dna, I won't care about the chip. Perfect for a black Dvarw fl mtl as well I think.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You offered one to me back when, should have grabbed it, regret that. They have both at a local shop, should just go grab the non dna, I won't care about the chip. Perfect for a black Dvarw fl mtl as well I think.
It would be awesome with a Dvarw. Which I have in one of my Supboxes at the moment. Actually that would be great with the silver Odin 75C. You know I love twiddling with Escribe :cool:

It has alot going for it. Good build quality, all the benefits of a 21700 and the shape is great in the hand, but slips in and out of a pocket easily.

Mine is holding up well too. I've used it every day since I've had it, which must be like a year and a half now. It's been out and about with me a fair bit too.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I did that with a Timekeeper. Ditz that I am, I ventured forth and took the switch apart. That little debacle taught me a thing or two about rare earth magnets. I have two Timekeepers, but only one that works now, because I cannibalized a magnet from the other one to fix the one I broke.

These Voopoo RTA Pod tanks have those magnets, too. I have a bunch of those tanks, but one is unique in that, when I remove the rebuildable part from the fitting where it sits, the magnets stay in the fitting, rather than coming away with the rebuildable part. Then I have to get in there with my thumbnail and basically slide the magnet to the edge and capture it before it can fly off somewhere and attach itself to another magnet or to metal somewhere else in the fitting. It is a PITA. Have thought of super-gluing the magnets in place, but didn't know if that would be safe. I'd really rather not vape super glue. I also have no confidence whatsoever that super glue is stronger than the magnets.
I have some Purge magnets, I think they are the same size.
If anyone can confirm that they will work I would be happy to send you a couple.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks @dubya314 and @gadget! for the offer of magnets. I probably would not be using the other Timekeeper anyway, which is why I didn't feel bad using it for spare parts. It's a pretty awful piece, thin and cheap, not nearly as nice (or safe, most likely) as the SJMY Revolver clone I fixed.

I have no intention of ever taking that switch apart again. I'd rather stop using the tube than deal with those magnets.

Appreciate your generosity, though. You fellas are the best! :vino:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Boring but delicious Saturday check, waiting for BB drop :facepalm:
View attachment 188839

Harry Potter movie marathon on SyFy today. Chamber of Secrets has maybe 30 minutes left.

Perfect time of the year. I really was depressed when there were no more new HP movies to go see with my family around Christmas.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Harry Potter movie marathon on SyFy today. Chamber of Secrets has maybe 30 minutes left.

Perfect time of the year. I really was depressed when there were no more new HP movies to go see with my family around Christmas.
Bowling alley marathon for me, lol. Oldest has a tournament. Started at 1, 9 games, and they are only on 5 :eek:
I would have always told you HP is not for me, but both my girls are nuts about, which has equated to me seeing them all. I have to admit, I enjoyed them waaaaay more than I thought I would. That's my daughters mug, but it is perfect, and has become mine :devil::teehee:

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, I know everyone has been dying for more Spade hand checks, lol! Built two new attys yesterday and put them in service on a couple of my Spades. The purple NM looks matchy matchy... not sure about the green Asgard Mini but I think I like it.

View attachment 188933
I see hints of that green color in the panels.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Reconstructive surgery on fingers...hands were locking up allot..feard it can happen on a bike..and thats not good.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Omg, I was afraid you'd been in a wreck. I guess this was to keep that sort of thing from happening, eh?

I had something once, caused by inflammation of tendon, would stick (lock up) inside the sheath that encases the tendon. Had to immobilize for a while, but after rest it went away on its own. Also heard of a condition called Depuytren's Contracture that causes similar symptoms, although perhaps wider effects of multiple digits. Supposed to indicate Viking DNA. :) A friend/coworker has it, and I'd vouch for his curmudgeon ass being descended from Vikings (as am I). Takes one to know one, I guess. lol We should get ourselves a matching pair of helmets with horns on 'em, eh?

Hope you're all better soon. I'm glad you aren't actually injured. <3

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Omg, I was afraid you'd been in a wreck. I guess this was to keep that sort of thing from happening, eh?

I had something once, caused by inflammation of tendon, would stick (lock up) inside the sheath that encases the tendon. Had to immobilize for a while, but after rest it went away on its own. Also heard of a condition called Depuytren's Contracture that causes similar symptoms, although perhaps wider effects of multiple digits. Supposed to indicate Viking DNA. :) A friend/coworker has it, and I'd vouch for his curmudgeon ass being descended from Vikings (as am I). Takes one to know one, I guess. lol We should get ourselves a matching pair of helmets with horns on 'em, eh?

Hope you're all better soon. I'm glad you aren't actually injured. QUOTE]Ty...hopefully this solves everything.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors