The Official #HandCheck Thread

inswva

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Morning
80fdee03d8ed1f8d4289021a989efbfc.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Silverado!

My 2003 just hit 250k miles. My wife tells me I should buy a new truck and doesn't understand why I like my current rig so much. It's just an honest truck and is very good at doing truck things. The little shorty beds on current production four door trucks make no sense to me.

I tried, for about 10 minutes, to see how many local dealers had a base Silverado with standard cab, 5.3L, 2WD, long bed in stock. The answer was zero. I guess no one other than fleet managers buy those anymore. I'm not spending $60k on a truck I'd be scared shitless to try and use like a truck.

And thus concludes my non-vape related rambling.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Silverado!

My 2003 just hit 250k miles. My wife tells me I should buy a new truck and doesn't understand why I like my current rig so much. It's just an honest truck and is very good at doing truck things. The little shorty beds on current production four door trucks make no sense to me.

I tried, for about 10 minutes, to see how many local dealers had a base Silverado with standard cab, 5.3L, 2WD, long bed in stock. The answer was zero. I guess no one other than fleet managers buy those anymore. I'm not spending $60k on a truck I'd be scared shitless to try and use like a truck.

And thus concludes my non-vape related rambling.
That's an 88, the cluster is out of a 91 454SS. I wanted real gauges and a tach!
2239c615fde09140d4158a96a1645c7e.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Very nice! Do you prefer the firing bar on the V5 or the bottom button?

I personally found the bar on the V5 stiff, but didn't keep it long enough to see if that would loosen up over time.
Personally, I don't really care for the bottom button. This one has been upgraded with the softer silver spring and it makes a world of difference.

I like the V5 better but in my opinion, the best fire bar on any of the Purges is the Guillotine style.
ffa7abdbb459be8789db6277b3cb7f88.jpg

Last edited:

wildleg

Member For 3 Years
Wishing you all Good Health in the New Year!
hhny.png

Every sunrise is fresh and new - no decrease in the brightness or temperature despite
burning for millions of years! The exhaustion of the past is not carried forward to the

present! Learn from the past but don’t live in it. -‘Message from the SUN’

VU Sponsors