Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got it second hand, $100. No way would I pay rrp. It's very nice, but like the mech way better.
Cthulu 1928 rsa. Hands down my favorite mtl rsa.
What is your go to build in the 1928? I have been trying it out, but it sure seems fiddly with that tiny deck. I am using round wire 26ga, I think 5 or 6 wraps can't remember which one fit.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What is your go to build in the 1928? I have been trying it out, but it sure seems fiddly with that tiny deck. I am using round wire 26ga, I think 5 or 6 wraps can't remember which one fit.
26g kanthol, 6 or 7 wraps. What do you mean by fiddly? When trapping the leads, wrap them all the way around the screw head, so they trap on both sides. Makes Life so much easier 👍

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today's work crew.
377dd8e4a2d513104c7ec12b115f325e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Crusades RDA clone with a single 0.5Ω microcoil on a Wismec P80 using Artic Fox firmware.

ggUdeFul.jpg

PS: If ya wonder how I did a single coil in that atty, it is simples: a piece of black electrical tape covering the extra airhole. Ya can't even see it. ;-)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Work check
Work reminder check
View attachment 195779

Man, I should break out one of my old Picos....great little mods.

Looks like a lot of cable work ya got there..yikes..I can appreciate it. Looks like Fiber?
(be glad BNC and things like Token Ring and NetWare aren't aren't still a common thing. <shivers> )

Last edited:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man, I should break out one of my old Picos....great little mods.

Looks like a lot of cable work ya got there..yikes..I can appreciate it. Looks like Fiber?
(be glad BNC and things like Token Ring and NetWare aren't aren't still a common thing. <shivers> )
They just fit perfect and take a beating.
I don't need Metamucil, get fiber all day every day, lol
20220817_135411.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@CaFF @BobsHere

I have a Pico Resin that was one of the first box mods I bought, in about 2016 I think. I still use it, with a Wasp Nano RTA. Have a Pico Mega that's still going, too, but it's not as old as the Resin. They can't be beat, especially for what they cost. Best buy ever.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@CaFF @BobsHere

I have a Pico Resin that was one of the first box mods I bought, in about 2016 I think. I still use it, with a Wasp Nano RTA. Have a Pico Mega that's still going, too, but it's not as old as the Resin. They can't be beat, especially for what they cost. Best buy ever.
Had a 21700 exact same form but it left the house a couple months ago, as in one of my daughter's friends took it, I'm still unhappy about it. Perfect for the 25 mm attys, of course can't find them anymore.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Crusades RDA clone with a single 0.5Ω microcoil on a Wismec P80 using Artic Fox firmware.

ggUdeFul.jpg

PS: If ya wonder how I did a single coil in that atty, it is simples: a piece of black electrical tape covering the extra airhole. Ya can't even see it. ;-)
I've thought about putting artic fox on the Pico but the TC actually works quite well as is on SS. About all I use it for now anyway is MTL and K1 coils.

VU Sponsors