Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Heard back from 2A. They are going to give me a $10 store credit, and told me to keep the Sichro rda. Not really thrilled with that, but better than nothing I reckon. The Sichro is not an RDA I will use, so that part is unfortunate. The post design just won't play well with the quad core coils that I use, it is clearly designed for smaller coils or round wire. At least I can salvage the drip tip and beauty ring from it. I am just gonna hold off on ordering the Flave from them again. I've recently gotten plenty of new toys that I am enjoying to keep me occupied anyway, plus I am trying to refill my emergency vape related "gotta have it" jar, as I have burned through that pretty fast recently.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FWIW, my 2F order for those Flaves appears to have hit customs....this should be fun...

Snap1248.jpg

Saw from 17track that they used Yun for shipping which is cool as they have pretty good tracking of their own...even shows the inward USPS tracking number. That is working on USPS site, but is in a 'not yet received' status. :)

Snap1249.jpg

Now to pray it ain't kicked back by customs...theirs or ours.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Otherwise, the little heat gun I'd bought from AMZ on recommendation from Gadget is out for delivery!

Snap1250.jpg

I don't trust UPS to find my Apt anymore, so having it sent to an AMZ Locker at a store that is open 24hrs a day about two blocks away where it'll be safe. Bonus: I get a $5 credit at Rite Aid for using it there. :)

I won't get the actual locker number and codes and shit until it's delivered though.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
FWIW, my 2F order for those Flaves appears to have hit customs....this should be fun...

View attachment 177166

Saw from 17track that they used Yun for shipping which is cool as they have pretty good tracking of their own...even shows the inward USPS tracking number. That is working on USPS site, but is in a 'not yet received' status. :)

View attachment 177165

Now to pray it ain't kicked back by customs...theirs or ours.

China Post has good tracking, too, with on-page links to the individual shippers' sites involved in the transport of a particular package.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A year ago I decided to collect blue and red mods. My first real dependable dual 18650 mod was a Blue and red Alien.. I buy blue mods with black or silver accents and convert them into blue mods with red accents. It's pretty much only Smok mods but I have a few others.

I bought the regular blue T-Priv a while back and fixed so it was red and blue. I stole the red parts off a red and gold t-priv.
20200724_134620_HDR.jpg

I saw Element Vape had Prism Blue and Auto Blue T-Privs but they were around $50 for a mod and $60 for a kit. I ain't spending that much so I thought I was done collecting T-Privs. Nobody else seemed to have them colors for cheap. Usually all the colors are sold out.

Wet Vapes only had two colors left for T-Privs (I'd checked on them often). I looked a few days ago and all of a sudden they have a bunch of colors! I like these mods and I've used one for a long time. Supposedly on the side is the face of a Transformer but I didn't know that for a long time. I ended up getting my missing blue T-Privs and a couple more to steal red parts off of.
20210127_144236.jpg
20210127_144922_HDR(1).jpg
20210127_145141(1).jpg

I got an Auto Blue one years ago.. It's been through the ringer. Here's some before and after:
20210127_145619_HDR(1).jpg
20210127_145632_HDR(1).jpg20210127_145641_HDR(1).jpg

I'll end up with two all black byproduct T-Privs ? .

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The goods.
It's actually bigger and more solid than I'd imagined. Really works amazingly well for $13.

Props to @gadget! for the recommendation and review.

IMG_20210127_150402.jpg

Robo-Mail Delivers.

IMG_20210127_150318.jpg

Input a code they e-mail you, a door pops open, and ya gotz zee mailz.
And, I get $5 off a purchase of $10 or more at Rite Aid. More 2-for-1 Supplements will be mine. ;)

Shipped for free and held safe and secure in a store open 24hrs a day. I love it.
Might just keep my Prime sub after all. THIS is how ya do online ordering. :D

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:D

ed7fedde292b064e86048dca8e56cb56.jpg
0030d21a3464bd3288e293b41102e0be.jpg
339dbfe3c8f07b94ca2eeb81925e0574.jpg

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Heard back from 2A. They are going to give me a $10 store credit, and told me to keep the Sichro rda. Not really thrilled with that, but better than nothing I reckon. The Sichro is not an RDA I will use, so that part is unfortunate. The post design just won't play well with the quad core coils that I use, it is clearly designed for smaller coils or round wire. At least I can salvage the drip tip and beauty ring from it. I am just gonna hold off on ordering the Flave from them again. I've recently gotten plenty of new toys that I am enjoying to keep me occupied anyway, plus I am trying to refill my emergency vape related "gotta have it" jar, as I have burned through that pretty fast recently.
Nice they gave you the credit, but that sucks they didn't send the right one to begin with. Boo 2a

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A year ago I decided to collect blue and red mods. My first real dependable dual 18650 mod was a Blue and red Alien.. I buy blue mods with black or silver accents and convert them into blue mods with red accents. It's pretty much only Smok mods but I have a few others.

I bought the regular blue T-Priv a while back and fixed so it was red and blue. I stole the red parts off a red and gold t-priv.
View attachment 177169

I saw Element Vape had Prism Blue and Auto Blue T-Privs but they were around $50 for a mod and $60 for a kit. I ain't spending that much so I thought I was done collecting T-Privs. Nobody else seemed to have them colors for cheap. Usually all the colors are sold out.

Wet Vapes only had two colors left for T-Privs (I'd checked on them often). I looked a few days ago and all of a sudden they have a bunch of colors! I like these mods and I've used one for a long time. Supposedly on the side is the face of a Transformer but I didn't know that for a long time. I ended up getting my missing blue T-Privs and a couple more to steal red parts off of.
View attachment 177170
View attachment 177171
View attachment 177172

I got an Auto Blue one years ago.. It's been through the ringer. Here's some before and after:
View attachment 177173
View attachment 177174View attachment 177175

I'll end up with two all black byproduct T-Privs ? .
Optimus Prime!!! :) Honestly I had NO idea that is what that design was supposed to be. Very cool

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Optimus Prime!!! :) Honestly I had NO idea that is what that design was supposed to be. Very cool
Yes me either lol. I tried to figure out why it was shaped like that when they were new. I didn't get any answers so I just got used to it. Someone posted about looking for one last year and mentioned about the Optimus Prime. After reading that, it's kind of obvious there's a robot face there.

They made so many of them in all kinds of different colors. I can't believe I have all three of the blue ones I wanted now. I've been known to collect weird things ?. I'm over flowing with Big Baby Beasts from all these kits I buy too.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wotofo Profile M today:
View attachment 177227
Same here, what are your thoughts? It's not a bad tank but I like the Kylin M from VV better. I don't know, I feel like Wotofo took a step backwards on this one. Their profile RDTA to me, much better. Obviously it's a different type of tank, but still. Oh ya, and the bubble "glass"? it's plastic. Huge con for me.

I will hang onto it for awhile and maybe do the wicking a few different ways but not a lot of flavor here. Of course the Kylin M was the same way until you told me how to wick it. I consider myself still a bit of a noob when it comes to mesh tanks. :)

Also hate the low profile tip. I changed it out first thing. But that's just me. I know a lot of people like that style

IMG_20210128_170015440.jpg

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My heat gun was delivered to the AMZ Locker a bit ago...off to get the access codes and stuff now..wooot!!
I got a bunch of batteries, some going back to 2015, that can use the help. :D
Caff?? you're a Stuart? Same here, Or did we talk about this already. lol my memory is total shit

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same here, what are your thoughts? It's not a bad tank but I like the Kylin M from VV better. I don't know, I feel like Wotofo took a step backwards on this one. Their profile RDTA to me, much better. Obviously it's a different type of tank, but still. Oh ya, and the bubble "glass"? it's plastic. Huge con for me.

I will hang onto it for awhile and maybe do the wicking a few different ways but not a lot of flavor here. Of course the Kylin M was the same way until you told me how to wick it. I consider myself still a bit of a noob when it comes to mesh tanks. :)

Also hate the low profile tip. I changed it out first thing. But that's just me. I know a lot of people like that style

View attachment 177232
I haven't used it yet but I dislike slider tops of this style. The airflow ring on mine is pretty loose too. I'm not going to use that little drip tip on there either.

Even the strait glass for this is pctg or whatever it's called. More companies are going to that style to reduce breaking I think? Ill try it out tommorow.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ya, I was adopted into the current fam at around 15-ish, but my birth mom's side was Royal Stewart. Dad was Irish...go figure, eh?

But, the first real tie I ever had Dad gave me and it was wool and that tartan. =)
aahhh okay and yes mine is Stewart too. I haven't pulled out my Tartan in quite some time. I should probably have it displayed somewhere. :) Scots are from my Father's side of the family. Mother's side are all from and most still live there, Amsterdam.

Now there's a combo ey? Scot and Dutch lol

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ya, I was adopted into the current fam at around 15-ish, but my birth mom's side was Royal Stewart. Dad was Irish...go figure, eh?

But, the first real tie I ever had Dad gave me and it was wool and that tartan. =)
Wondered about those colours myself..
My Fathers side, his Grandparents (my great Grandparents), came here in Australia in the Goldrush days looking for gold from Scotland. At the same time my Mothers, her Grandparents and again my Great Grandparent, came here and set up a fruit Orchard from the Isle of Wight.
Both sides were early Aussie settlers....no not convicts.. ?
Not sure of our Clans colours, I should have payed more attention when my Dad told me his history. :confused:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is great to hear! I really liked them, and was hoping you would too. I tend to only carry one battery in mine, and a small bottle of juice to refill my squonk bottle in the other compartment.
I always carry a mtl set up, so how much it is used really alters how many 21700's I use. But if it is not much, I get into a 3rd 21700,

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got it in today and had to build it you know how it works its a very nice mtl vape . Im using the 1.2 on both side you can make it tighter but for me this is fantastic. I never recommend anything but I do this tank and the flavor is amazing not 1 dry hit . I've been trying for the last hr lol this tank is for sure on par with my kayfuns ..give a great throat bump .. very very easy to build on .. opinions vary but for me I need to order a couple more before they disappear and I should mention using 60 pg 40 vg mix no leaking flooding so far ill keep you updated if I have any issues its silent and a smooth draw

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will hang onto it for awhile and maybe do the wicking a few different ways but not a lot of flavor here. Of course the Kylin M was the same way until you told me how to wick it. I consider
I'm using it now and it's not too bad. It's always been my opinion that the provided cotton for mesh rebuildables is way too much. I took a photo of how much I ripped off which was probably 1/3 of the piece.
Capture+_2021-01-29-17-04-21(1).png
Too much cotton under the mesh or in the wicking slots kills flavor.

After sliding the piece through, I cut it off right at the edge of the tanks base. Then, I fluff it all up.
20210129_124226_HDR.jpg

I imagine theres a top half and bottom half of the fluffed up cotton. I start taking from the bottom half, just lightly pushing it until it falls in the wicking channels. All's I want is enough for it not to leak. It should be able to move around a little in the slots.
20210129_124538.jpg
20210129_124434.jpg
Once there's enough in the channels, I just cut the rest of the cotton off with my little scissor.

Looking at the pictures, there seems to be enough cotton for the job. I have no idea why they want you to use the whole piece that they have measured. It's always been too much, no matter what brand. I've found that using just enough makes the whole experience better. When I first tried the Profile I used the whole piece. It didn't squonk right and the flavor was really muted.

One last thing. If a mesh rebuildable starts getting hot or burnt, I make an adjustment to the cotton. I just poke around from the side with the objective of forcing a bit more cotton under the mesh. A few little pokes usually stops it from misbehaving.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried using normal SS mesh like we used in Genny devices to rebuild this?

I got lots of that left from the old days, be pretty simple to cut a piece and fold the ends. I could even 'tin' the folded ends with dead soft .999 silver if it'd help with the clamps.

I mostly have 400 and 500 mesh, but I'd think 300 would be better perhaps?

I made SS mesh RDA builds in the past and Gennies are the OG RDTA, so seems workable, eh? :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone tried using normal SS mesh like we used in Genny devices to rebuild this?

I got lots of that left from the old days, be pretty simple to cut a piece and fold the ends. I could even 'tin' the folded ends with dead soft .999 silver if it'd help with the clamps.

I mostly have 400 and 500 mesh, but I'd think 300 would be better perhaps?

I made SS mesh RDA builds in the past and Gennies are the OG RDTA, so seems workable, eh? :)
Yeah, 300 is probably the most popular. Vandy Vape sells rolls of it. You can cut off a piece and throw it in there. It's just a bit too wide for this type of Profile deck. I've just trimmed it enough so it fits before. I prefer Kanthal mesh rolls myself.

It seems like a lot of people like to use SS mesh in temp control. The reason they say is to avoid dry hits or hot spot type hits. I never get dry hits the way I do it but sometimes the cotton needs to get pushed under just a little bit more. Cotton needs to be touching the entirety of the mesh strip. If it's not, that one little place will get hot before the rest can.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That Soulkeeper looks "fabulous"!
I love the Kilo Kiberry Yogurt. It was one of the first juices I became very fond of.
If you happen to see it in your vendor travels I'd appreciate the tip. ☺️

@Just Frank Do you do a similar build for the Zeus X Mesh? I did a great job the first time and can't seem to repeat it. I feel there is too much cotton under the mesh to properly saturate the juice. This current build seems a bit dry and the flavor is lacking.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, 300 is probably the most popular. Vandy Vape sells rolls of it. You can cut off a piece and throw it in there. It's just a bit too wide for this type of Profile deck. I've just trimmed it enough so it fits before. I prefer Kanthal mesh rolls myself.

It seems like a lot of people like to use SS mesh in temp control. The reason they say is to avoid dry hits or hot spot type hits. I never get dry hits the way I do it but sometimes the cotton needs to get pushed under just a little bit more. Cotton needs to be touching the entirety of the mesh strip. If it's not, that one little place will get hot before the rest can.
I only get dry hits when I run it empty, usually at night.... :giggle:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Just Frank Do you do a similar build for the Zeus X Mesh? I did a great job the first time and can't seem to repeat it. I feel there is too much cotton under the mesh to properly saturate the juice. This current build seems a bit dry and the flavor is lacking.
Yeah, I build all my mesh tanks the same. They work a lot better with less cotton in my opinion. When it's packed too tight under the mesh or in the wicking slots juice cant move around too well. When there's an overly thick wad under your coil, it just doesn't vape well. When the wicking ports are packed too tight, the cotton under the coil can't re saturate as efficiently.

Mess around with it next time. The Zeus X Mesh RTA can vape pretty awesome. I close the airflow down a bunch though.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Really taking a liking to the Clapton mesh
View attachment 177324
That stuff works well in subohm tanks too. I just sampled the nexMESH Pro and one of the coils was clapton mesh. Really good flavor and not as dry. Warm saturated flavor that comes from clapton wire, but fires fast like mesh.

I tried one of those clapton strips in an older Vandy Vape Mesh RDA while I was waiting for my Mesh V2. I'll have to try it again in the newer one or in a Hadar. I don't think wicking has to be as critical with clapton mesh either.

VU Sponsors