Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First let me say, I didn't want to come off as if I was patronizing, you like the Opus, I am no one but an avid vaper who owns both the chargers in conversation.

I would like to ask you what the Opus does that the ALL-44 doesn't for you?

I can infer, from the previous chat that you liked the total mAh charged and I will guess you like the internal resistance function to help determine a cells worthiness.

I will say, that the charge-discharge-charge function of the Opus is lacking... it read many of my 30Ts as replenishing 3500mAh... which is funny, since they are only 3000mAh batteries.

I also found the battery charge termination better on the ALL-44 than the Opus... and read on lyte forums the reviews of both, which the main reason I got the ALL-44 besides being a sub $30 charger, was for the termination and charge algorithm was better than the Opus... two things as a mech user I find beneficial...

I also found the internal resistance test on the Opus to not be at all accurate... it was nice to use as a base line the first two times, but when I test my cells, and then a few months later test them and their resistance is lower, I know its fubar ;) ( I vape .08-.10Ω aka 52a or 42a)

Which is why I said, voltage was really only thing needed to know... and I'll explain why.

If I know the cells new are 3000mAh... I care less <ok thats the summation> reason being, even if in a regulated vaping away at 40w or double that at 80w... I am not worried about mAh, I worry more about amp rating and or voltage rebound.

80w/2 batteries = 40w

40w/3.2v cutoff = 12.5a

12.5a/ efficiency (most mods are generalized at 85% unless a DNA200/250+ which is 97%) .85 = 14.7a per battery.

If I chose a higher mAh battery over amp capable at the above wattages, I will never utilize the full mAh before I get the "Check Battery" prompt, which if I stick on the charger at that point, it would more than likely be above the 3.2v cutoff... which is where I said, what else besides voltage do you need to know? Sort of goes hand in hand with the amp rating using watts law above.

And as you wanting to know if using your older batteries in higher wattage settings safely... the rested voltage is a good indicator at cell degradation... Charge up some cells, see where they land a few days later... if its significantly lower than 4.19v, good sign its lost some of its oompf, but regardless, a regulated mod will draw the voltage its wattage call is asking for to the cutoff value set or preset... which the mod doesn't care about the mAh its rated or the total mAh its recently charged... mod only cares about the voltage call at the wattage set, Which is why I always suggest the higher amp rated battery over the total mAh...

Now the other side of the spectrum are those that vape low wattages... there is no real benefit to getting lets say a Molicel P26A 2600mAh 25a battery, vs lets say a Sanyo NCR-GA 3300mAh 10a battery... if you know you are vaping sub 15w... you will probably benefit from that extra mAh, although still probably not the total 700 extra due to voltage sag.

No need to get new batteries, unless you abuse them, or their way past their prime cycle life... which to me, rested voltage can help tell you.

I am sure there are other ways, from those more entrenched in the intricacies of batteries... but vaping where I do on mechs... rested voltage is a strong indicator on top of how warm they get and lastly their age on how I utilize them...

I cycled out 20+ 30Ts cause they abnormally heat soaked the mechs I used them in... and they all sit at 4.17v+... and just a lil patronizing ;) I didn't need my Opus to tell me it was time for them... 42a+ abuse and the heat generated was more than enough.

Wish I had a dual/triple regulated mod that was worth a shit... I use those cycled out 30Ts in them since the duty call would be so low... but for single cell mech use... pass
I have an opus, the bt3400 i think. I got it for "reconditioning". I will say, it has prolonged some batteries I would have otherwise chucked...

txgirl3eb

Member For 4 Years
It's a magnetic soldering mat. $9 at Amazon.
Here's a larger one for $17.99
View attachment 181055
gosh, Thanks so much, this looks like a dream come true for me, i have all kinds of worn out storage bowls, Tupperware boxes and an old cutting board lol and i drop every thing all the time crawling around trying to find it. Thanks so much for this, I'm gonna order it for sure!

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nothing fancy. Got my order of replacement tactile switches. Perfect fit in my once broken skillet. Cheap $7 for 20 switches repair.
b6382de4c6a63a6b2aa76144efd8c4c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Purge Detonator came today! Button is so ungodly stiff it destroys your finger... luckily I had a perfect size silver spring laying around to swap into it, works like a dream now! Fatality 28 on there 🔥🔥
Nice! They haven't fixed the photo 'attach files" button so you need to use the photo icon at the top. A PITA since you can't upload multiples. You can also copy and paste a pic right into the post.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Nice! They haven't fixed the photo 'attach files" button so you need to use the photo icon at the top. A PITA since you can't upload multiples. You can also copy and paste a pic right into the post.
Hey Trix, on my phone I can attach the first photo and hit the icon again and it allows another to be inserted. Not sure about a third pic, haven't tried, but figured I'd let you know so you could give it a whirl to see if it works for you next time you want to put something up in the hardware section or whatnot:)
My phone is a Samsung s20 FE fyi

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Just Frank blessed me too with some of their amazing coils. There was also a insert for my Mongrel RDA, that I already installed and forgot to put that in the pic. Amazing work and oh so yummy! Thank you JF!

IMG_20210426_104130404.jpg

IMG_20210426_104257053.jpg

Lil hand check while I'm at it :)

IMG_20210426_104330678.jpg

Last edited:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I got it today....The Reactor clone and the if-it's-a-clone-I-can't tell LostArt Goon. :D

This is the authentic Reactor mod from MCV Phillipines.

They are frakkin' gorgeous IMO.

Mod could use some 0000 steel wool to fix/even the slightly glazed finish a bit, but otherwise they are flawless.

Mad props to Doris at 2F for helping me get these very hard to find babies. :D

IMG_6317.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6322.jpg

IMG_6336.jpg

Did the usual disassembly to check for burrs and etc.
The only thing I found was a bit of rubber debris from the screws under the Goon's clamps in the screw chambers. I also had to adjust the length/depth of the squonk pin as it was set a bit off and was not mating well with an atty. EZ fix.

It's very Coppervape-esque...just totally simple mechanically. No firing lock though.
With my slight modifications it has maybe a 3mm throw now...pretty dang awesome.

Goon is soaking, so I put the biggest RDA I could find OTTOMH to test with: The 'ol MACE RDA.
It's pretty massive...but not on this thing. ;)

(The Mace isn't darker, it's just reflecting what's in front of it while the the brushed aluminum mod doesn't as much)

IMG_20210427_171524.jpg

It's temporarily sporting a Molicel P26-A and a big single clapton at 0.4 ohm and it's happy about it.
Scared Milly when I vaped it...haha!

Credit the Moli too, but it fires instantly. The business end(s) of the mod are all copper.

IMG_6327.jpg

Can't wait to build out that Goon though... :D

Attachments

• IMG_20210427_171524.jpg
    IMG_20210427_171524.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I received 3 like new attys yesterday from @VaporGroh -Thank you, thank you, thank you, kind Sir!
Recurve Dual, Mjolnir & Passage. The Recurve has a nice set of Badazd Coils installed.
View attachment 181251 View attachment 181252

I hope you like the Mjolnir as much as I like mine. I have a second one on the way from FT, it's somewhere between Compton, CA and Raleigh, NC right now, apparently. They are a perfect fit to go on the eLeaf iJust-S batteries (3000 mAh) so it makes a great tube match, with safety regulation and micro USB charging. I love it!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got the goods. It's pretty dark for fresh nic, is that normal for 250mg salt nic in VG?
It did come all the way from TX and was just in a bubble mailer in a bag...been rather warm in 'dem parts of late.

(bubbles 'cuz I'd shaken it up)
IMG_20210429_145129.jpg

First time I ever had any nic salts. Stuff has no big smell, just barely a cardboard-ish smell.

Haven't tried any yet. If I've read correctly about it, ya mix it just like freebase just that it's more efficient and etc.

Seeing as I vape at a 'monstrous' level of 14mg anyways.
Sometimes I drip a little old-school 24mg juice in a RDA for fun. I think i'll be fine. ;)

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Got the goods. It's pretty dark for fresh nic, is that normal for 250mg salt nic in VG?
It did come all the way from TX and was just in a bubble mailer in a bag...been rather warm in 'dem parts of late.

View attachment 181298

First time I ever had any nic salts. Stuff has no big smell, just barely a cardboard-ish smell.

Haven't tried any yet. If I've read correctly about it, ya mix it just like freebase just that it's more efficient and etc.

Sometimes I drip a little old-school 24mg juice in a RDA for fun. I think i'll be fine. ;)
My 250mg free base nic is clear

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

View attachment 181298

33236b5ad018940534d3fc8d05e150b7.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awesome, so is most of my freebase nic. You aren't helping.

I've never had any salt nic before and so I'm not sure if it is normal or not for THAT.
Nor have I had any 250mg nic of any kind for comparison.
I use salts 99% of the time and its rather clear like water.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK, thx. It smells fine so not gonna worry about it.

Hell, I have nic from like 2015 that is dang near brown, but still vapes.
Doesn't really matter to me all that much as most of it goes into RY4 anyway.
I've only had two bad bottles of nic... one from River a few years ago which they remedied immediately and one from Liquid Nic Wholesalers, which was just trash. So friggn harsh even at 1.5mg...

Mix with it, and give it a go!

My current juice I am vaping in my Billetbox is just 2 flavors... Sweet Guava at 5% and Arctic Winter at .25% lol Getting lazy with my mixes lately haha

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
That is funny...but 12mg wouldn't even faze me.
I started on 48mg, then 24mg, and didn't go down to even 18mg until about 2013 or so. ;)
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I started vaping about 5 years ago and didn't know anything about nic. I started at 3mg and it worked for me, still on 3mg.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had to do it!
Glad I did, this thing is awesome
6c89f83f85445bc698fbee2d022add49.jpg

They are awesome. I have two now and haven't put them down yet. Typically with the BB I get almost a day out of a tank of juice and about the same with a 18650. This will last me almost a day and a half on juice and two days on a 21700.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got in one of the orders I've been looking forward to: my flavorings from the contest win here thanks to @jj2 , Vapers United, and Dawn at DIYFS. 😃

All packed in lovely black Gorilla bottles, plus I got some extras for actual juices.

IMG_1038.jpg

Love this stuff, I've been a fan of hers for a bunch of years now...the Clove, Holy PoPo, Holy Vanilla, BlueberryMuffin, etc. SO good.

Plus, I got a few things on my own dime just because I wanted to try new things too...can't have too many! 😄

Thanks to everyone involved in the contest, I'm really glad to get these.👍

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Dibs lol - is it basically a billet box or totally different. I know we both tried and sold the BB so I thought I'd ask.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I personally think the Abyss is a little easier to work with. That and it will take a 21700 battery.
A simple twist of the top and the tank and the battery are easily accessed.
I'm still playing around with it, I want to get an RBA for it but nobody has them in stock.
I'm using the pnp bridge and it puts out some great flavor.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't posted my vape mail in a while.

Half Moon drip tips:
qNjyouD.jpg

There's some good ones on there.
L4BfcmO.jpg

I got some n80 high gauges ad ribbon from Coil Society:
bT6zd1P.jpg

I've had a coil master jig set for years but got it in a kit. It never had the little rubber organizer block for the sizes. I've always been a bit mad at that so I ordered another jig set from Ebay:
uCL95cH.jpg

Ordered some wire working tools from Home Depot:
nOYnYZ4.jpg

The two on the left are Hakkos which are great tools but they have teeth. I use the Crescent branded needle noses a lot though.

Krok swivels per n.devine83's recommendation.
VY0qj1c.jpg

I have tons of swivels that work well but curiosity always gets me.

Didn't realize that this was the training wheels version but that's okay.
auvoIzV.jpg

In my short time using mech tubes the Keen has been my favorite. I got two more of those with extention tubes.
2Db6Awb.jpg

I ordered a Tauren pro mech mod or whatever they're called a few weeks back. About a week later I ordered an extension tube for it. The stack piece showed up first, go figure. .. It fits on my standard Tauren mech:
Wreqhd7.jpg

I got another one of these too:
059PqID.jpg

My first one is brass and I've just been stealing parts off of it lol. I took the insulator contact thingy and put it in my brass Keen. It shortens the throw to a nice setting IMO. I took the button off and already put it on my new one:
0kLmy67.jpg

That's it for now I think. @debinnv sent me so flavors that I forgot to photo. There's some really good ones in there I can tell from smelling. She's awesome :hug: .

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had to do it!
Glad I did, this thing is awesome
6c89f83f85445bc698fbee2d022add49.jpg

The only complaint I have is when using various boro rbas, I keep over tightening the drip tip then when I go to change the battery, you must unscrew the drip tip to swing the bar over and the rba comes up with the drip tip. Kinda frustrating. I seem to over tighten to eliminate the gap.

VU Sponsors