Status
Not open for further replies.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3hjy.jpg

ALL HAIL CUMULUS MAXIMUS (by MaxVapes) !!! Behold the fogginess that is my bedroom. BEHOLD! (The fury of an unhappy wife.) I shall go forth, to the barren and cold wastelands known by the locals as "THE GARAGE" to put MIGHTY CLOUDS IN THE AIR out there so I don't keep getting in trouble, kinda want to sleep in a bed tonight

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3hpq.jpg

Big Haul for Big Poppa Burley today - three packages decided to arrive at the same time! (So this'll be it for a hot-minute or two)

We've got Flavorah sending some delicious smelling Wild Melon and Milk & Honey - can't wait to see what horrible, wrongly-thought but well-intentioned mixes I can come up with these in the rotation. Got some clapton wire and a stash of kanthal in various gauges. Friendly folk 'round here have pointed me towards Liion Wholesale Batteries (thank you!), so I picked up a pair of LG HE4's and a pair of (not pictured, but receiving initial charge right now) LG HG2's - time to retire some old, old VTC4's.

Last but certainly not least, I snagged a Haze dripper tank by Tobeco. This thing is pretty fun to play with - got a good little 26g 0.8ohm single coil in there with some of that elfwick, and I've managed to go through two of those "tanks" full without either seeping or leaking juice once, nor a dry hit to speak of. Off-set drip tip is nice and functional, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't gotten any spitback. Airflow is adequete and I think just fine for single coils, if a little on the airy side. Once again, I figured 'why the hell not,' jumped on a "gimmick" and found out that I like it. If I had a dollar for every time I've done that. Yeah, this thing is churning along nicely. I... I kind of want to... go look at gennies. Like... I could do that... right?

Anyways, thanks for taking a minute to take a look - have a good one!

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hit CountryPami up about it, I know I never ordered anything like that or even anything from CM so all I can think is someone was in a rush when labeling packages. I know somewhere someone is scratching their head saying this ain't no cable.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's a great collections bro, wow

VAPE ON
LOL thats just my Velocity style RTA's/rda....you havent seen but a scratch of my collection :D:p I try not to have them all in the open, my wife might find out how much gear I actually have...:rolleyes:

Im still waiting for my VCMT 25mm to arrive and then Ill have all the popular Velocity style atomizers to compare, I dont think Ill end up getting the Geekvape Advacado or Ivogo Velocity RTA, Im not a fan of the Genny Design

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL thats just my Velocity style RTA's/rda....you havent seen but a scratch of my collection :D:p I try not to have them all in the open, my wife might find out how much gear I actually have...:rolleyes:
Oh shit... Eh man do a review of the Griffin, I have been eying it, I just wanna hear a review from VAPERS like you...

VAPE ON

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh shit... Eh man do a review of the Griffin, I have been eying it, I just wanna hear a review from VAPERS like you...

VAPE ON
Click HERE for the review/comparison...I was on a search for a "Builders RTA" and until now I have been left with RTAs that failed the test, this tank and Im sure the VCMT (basically a 25mm Griffin) are what I was looking for.....

A quote from the review:
I made some 2x22K/42N80 Fused Claptons just to see if I could manage fitting something that is the same size as the real rda. I wrapped the wire on a 3mm bit and made 6 wraps (.13 Ohms). The wire slipped into the post holes easily and with enough room for staging wire if I chose to next time. The coil fit perfectly but the wicking would have been a bit tight if I left them at 6 so I dropped a wrap and wicked the build. I felt I didnt use enough cotton as the cotton seemed very loose on the shelf system for it, I decided to leave it and Im glad I did. The cold weather here thickens liquid and using 80/20 liquid doesnt help but the amount of cotton used seems to be working very well for now.

Update:
Its been about 4 hours of vaping with this setup and Im not a fan of ramp up time so I tend to use higher wattage to balance the wait out.I broke in the cotton vaping it at 90w for around a half hour or so. I started stepping up the wattage since it took forever to ramp up, first I bumped it up to 110w and it was still a cool-ish vape with 2-2.5 seconds to full tilt and I have had set at 130w for the last 2 hours and I can say this is the highest Ive vaped a RTA and not got a dry hit so far. I dont feel the need to go higher but Im sure it could do 150w easily, I find that insane for a tank with a user made build. Normally with RTAs my builds dont exceed 90w and usually I run them around 70-75w. This RTA is a RDA in every way, it can be turnt' up and gives the identical performance to one of my favorite RDAs including the airflow which most have airflow but getting vapor to be as warm and full will normally lead to dry hits....This is my new favorite tank and Im sure the VCMT wont be much better, I think RTAs will plateau in performance after trying this Griffin....how much better could it get??

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, wife took one look at it and said she wants it. I still have no idea what it is but apparently she does.
Charging cable for both an iPhone 5 and above and mods. Zips down the middle so you can charge you iPhone and mod while still using it without having to take up to outlets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Click HERE for the review/comparison...I was on a search for a "Builders RTA" -snip-

That's a review that'll sell a Griffin or two - thank you for posting your thoughts. I'm a fan of the Crius (got two of 'em, actually) and this is looking like it takes every qualm and issue that the Crius had and takes care of them properly. Plus, that big ol' deck - thassa gorgeously big, spacious deck. I may have had a wandering eye at the Griffin before, now I'm looking at how many days 'til payday. Nuts to it, $35-40 won't break the bank. Now to find it...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's a review that'll sell a Griffin or two - thank you for posting your thoughts. I'm a fan of the Crius (got two of 'em, actually) and this is looking like it takes every qualm and issue that the Crius had and takes care of them properly. Plus, that big ol' deck - thassa gorgeously big, spacious deck. I may have had a wandering eye at the Griffin before, now I'm looking at how many days 'til payday. Nuts to it, $35-40 won't break the bank. Now to find it...
I own 2 Authentic Crius V3's and a clone and TBH the clone is much better quality all around but its still lacking for a reliable vape and its not for people wh like bigger coils like me. I had to drill all the posts out and then the juice inlets on them all and both my Authentic Crius's threads went to shit in a handful of days and the clone is still going but its not for me. I own the Authentic and Clone of the Aromamizer also, its more of a 1:1 then anything except it doesnt come with a 2 hole AFC ring.
The griffin is around the same price as the crius and its cheap for such a great RTA, I paid $68 for my VCMT 25mm and if its as good or better then Ill feel its money well spent...I wanted a 25mm version of the Griffin and I think thats exactly what it will be. I picked mine off ebay (The Griffin Tank) and with a $10 off coupon it was $29 with 2 day shipping :D

When Im not using the Griffin all I can see myself using is my TFV4 with the TF-R2 RBA (built with 22g 6 wraps/2.5mm Diameter [.2 Ohms]). The other tanks Im afraid to go out with as they dry hit even with mods easily...

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How's the taifun GT?

VAPE ON

Not built it yet, but not got high hopes to be honest, the whole tank is just held together with orings, it does not screw together, so can see problems with leaking as no solid connection and could easily come apart and dump juice everywhere, I will give it a try, but think it will more than likely end up in the junk draw, but have higher hopes for the hurricane though :)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think done that way so they could use a glass tank section, as most people prefer glass tanks, just think they should've thought of a way to have it screw together, even if was through the chimney.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was the original built the same way, I loved my taifun before MTL all day... Sometimes I feel like TAIFUN ADV non of the current tanks are like the taifun no more one of the best flavor RTA after KAYFUNS

VAPE ON

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No the original has a metal tank section with glass that screws down, similar to this -
XYOKYvp.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
12540938_994116143959910_5842225141345197568_n.jpg

Got some juice in today that just smells so awesome from just opening the package.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice tank....After that upgrade to the Griffin or VCMT :rolleyes::D
What do I suggest I put on this???
I was gonna get the crius but the I was turn off by the post holes, and vapor DNA still don't have the Griffin so I settled with this, and it was highly recommended by staff???

VAPE ON

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Any suggestions?

VAPE ON
If you have some 22g make 6 wrap 3.5mm diameter coils on it, if you have more types of wires throw some fused claptons on for the best experience. I personally would go with some 2x24g/42g Fused Claptons at 3mm inner diameter but not everyone has those high gauges that make fused claptons great with no ramp up time.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have some 22g make 6 wrap 3.5mm diameter coils on it, if you have more types of wires throw some fused claptons on for the best experience. I personally would go with some 2x24g/42g Fused Claptons at 3mm inner diameter but not everyone has those high gauges that make fused claptons great with no ramp up time.
Dude, 22g NICHROME 5/6 wraps
Omg..... Damnnnnnnnn 70 watts geeez it's a chucker FLAVOR

VAPE ON

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some Vape Mail for Today :D
20160111_122231.jpg 20160111_122237.jpg

Most of this stuff I bought because my friend was in need and Im going to surprise him later on. I ordered a Griffin from another place at the same time as the one I ordered previously but it took longer for this one to arrive for whatever reason. A TFV4 Mini and Big Brother becuase I love that tank...Its way to reliable and good in every way...
20160111_125241.jpg 20160111_125132.jpg
The best Cotton Cutters Ive Ever Used!
20160111_130718.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors