Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAZZA1962

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was so undecided between mods a few weeks ago, and that Zero mini was in the running til the very end. Seeing it again, I really want to get one now. Damn this addiction to shiny new toys!
It'a a really nice little mod!!! there's a few things on it I prefer to the full size version and a few that I don't!!! the pro's are the spring loaded 510 the fact that the mini remembers what setting you were on when you change the battery whereas the full size used to go to 50 watts when it restarted, and you can also switch the mini off with the five clicks as opposed to just locking the screen!!! The con's for me, not really a big deal but I preferred the screw adjustment on the battery on the full size compared to the spring loaded on the mini!!!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A few goodies arrived today, some vaping, some music related.

Here is a Kanger Nebox, A IPV D3, 5 new drip tips, and to the far right the IPV D2 for comparison.

qdddWKNl.jpg

Front of IPV D2, a slight difference but thats it, and its about 1.5-2MM taller-
kddA8Zhl.jpg

Kanger nebox front:
cUUabVkl.jpg

Kanger nebox juice capacity, massive 10ML:
2F0ezpml.jpg

And side of the nebox:
AxLSMeGl.jpg

EDIT: I FORGOT to add the door, the IPCV D3 has a new door. I actually prefer it, as with juicy fingers the OG could be hard to get grip on, this one is a lot easier, especially for people who may have issues such as arthritis. :
BIjreNTl.jpg

My music stuff was a Focusrite scarlett 2 in 4 out interface, as I qualified at the British academy of new music doing my CMP level 2 (Music production). So expect some new tracks in the next few months-I haven't made music since I was 19 (I have, but not recorded any or made any in a DAW, but I am using logic 10 for producing tracks and recording vocals and instruments).

IMPRESSIONS-The NEBOX is fantastic, I love it in fact. The only reason I would not recommend it as a starter kit is due to the tank not being changable-but to me the tanks is great, and I find its compact size plus 10ML capacity fantastic. TC also is very good.

The IPV D3. Looks wise, not much has changed. But inside is what matters. It is running a Yihi SX150H, which this time round has step down in Wattage mode! Also TC is butter smooth, just as good, if not better than the originals.

Now-I must admit the menus are a bit confusing on the NEBOX-but maybe thats because they are TOO simple. I am used to a lot more control.

But, the NEBOX offers full wattage control of your TC vape.

Now-to see how long the battery life lasts in them both.

For a beginner-I still suggest the EVIC VTC mini due to interchangeable tanks, TC that works fine, wattage mode, and it has the longest battery life out of ANY of my single battery devices.

I don't know what witchcraft is going on-but if I take that out, I know I don't need a spare battery. With the others, like the D2 and such, I did.

Time to find out if these two match the EVIC battery life.

One last thing-are you calling this kanger the KNEEbox, or the ANY box-I am calling it the Any box as I just think this sounds better. If there is a correct pronunciation though, I would like to know :).

Last edited:

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
More Vape mail today. Some SS wire, two LG HG2's, A black silicone sleeve for my Sigelei 50w V2, a par of rounded nose ceramic tweezers and some usb port covers to help keep the dirt out of my mod ports.

nvm.jpg

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, this turned up yesterday-

01DFZMCl.jpg

eed65yUl.jpg

Fantastic dripper. airflow is NOT adjustable, but it is very airy, and the way it is designed you CAN easily block it to what you like with your lips as you vape if you want less airflow, as its on the top, and has a cool drip tip that stops spitback. I honestly recommend this dripper highly. Genuine for about 8 quid.

Should have the KOOPER 200W tomorrow. Will upload pics when it arrives, got it in white :).

And for my music, this came a few days ago, I don't think I posted, its non vaping but expect some tracks from me in the next few months :)

7BZ3bgcl.jpg

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More Vape mail today. Some SS wire, two LG HG2's, A black silicone sleeve for my Sigelei 50w V2, a par of rounded nose ceramic tweezers and some usb port covers to help keep the dirt out of my mod ports.

View attachment 36240
I find that wire, I guess its 317L with the TMC on it, to work the best out of all the SS I own. It actually works great in temp mode on my DNA200's and Xcube 2, it actually works SMOOTHLY on the Xcube 2. (not tried the EVIC VTC mini yet with it) 316L for some reason works, but not to the extent of 317L (And yes, that is with a custom CSV, and coefficient set on the Xcube).

You should be happy with that wire, I use 26 gauge and its great. It is softer than 316L but just works, so I like it.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The three most beautiful words in the English language : Out For Delivery. Pics later tonight when I get a chance to open and play with new toys

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More vape mail today. Uwell Crown, RBA for the Crown, a new set of cutters for coil making and some Tally Ho that I won.
View attachment 36311
Ahh, good choice. You can now tell the difference between 316 and 317L, If your results are the same as mine, the Uwell crown coils work in SS TC mode, but your own 317L will work better. I use the RBA in the crown now, I have loads of standard and ni200 coils for it, but I personally prefer a lower power vape that does not drink juice fast, and the RBA is perfect for that :)

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
image.jpeg This just in! Super excited for these. Got jwraps for the IPV d2 I was expecting, but got impatient and ended ups with a d3. I don't suppose the d2 jwraps will fit the d3?

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You are going to like the Crius, I have it and the Crown. The Crius is easier to build on and has more air flow, I prefer it over the Crown.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope so. I have the Aromamizer so I don't know; it's gonna be tough to beat that. We shall see though!

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are going to like the Crius, I have it and the Crown. The Crius is easier to build on and has more air flow, I prefer it over the Crown.
Do you have and pics of your build with the Crius? I wanted to do a vertical build but I don't know how I'd wick it. It seems made for a horizontal build...

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No christmas delays in my area-shipped yesterday, arrived today :).
Using it with a ni200 coil in a freemax starre pro currently.

First time I have taken a pic with the wrapping still on lol:

IIi8AHFl.jpg

left side:

96qckSMl.jpg

Right side(Lots of vent holes, I like):

PjDXclgl.jpg

Bottom, even more vent holes:

0XLWTGGl.jpg

510 Connection feels solid-and this mod is HEAVY:

KJHBfgrl.jpg

Working like a charm with NI200. Will test TI and SS later today. :)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You seem to be very similar vape wise to me, which I like lol. The crius is fantastic, It is my top rated tank, I have two-and even though you can't get the black one apart due to the rubber finish, they are fantastic. My top 3 are aromamizer, Crius, and freemax starre pro(I got two of each of them as I liked them so much as well, one black one silver). The TFV4 is OK with standard coils, same with the crown, but I feel the Crius really beats it.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh nice, you went for the red! Same day :)-how you finding it? At first I thought there was an issue-then realised it was ME that was confusing my atty's causing TC to work incorrectly. I think its a great value bit of kit, heavy beast though isn't it! :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My Crius V3 just arrived and I found the holes a tad small for what I like...Drill them out to 2.5mm and smoothed the edges but one screw doesnt seem to want to go in(Ill look into it more later).
20151223_115630-jpg.36412
20151223_120019-jpg.36416

I made a small build for now so see what it vapes like but its smaller then I thought it would be...the TFV4 has change my tank view, they all look and feel small now. The drip tip popped off easy so I cut up a TFV4 Coilhead Gasket and now its much tighter...Ill find something to replace that fucking tip I swear! Edit: I found you can remove the metal peice under the glass tip (Its the rest of the drip tip) nd place a new 520 tip on it!!
Build Info-
2x24K/46N60 Fused Clapton
20151223_131556-jpg.36414
20151223_131533-jpg.36415

For now its a decent vape and when I try some other builds I will have a better grip on how I feel about this tank, hopefully I can re-tap that thread for that one screw and do some crazier builds. Wicking is super easy, as Dawn said Fluff your cotton and put the tips on top of the holes (Not force it in them). Ill compare this to the Aromamizer with the same build when they arrive to see where they each differ and how they size up.
20151223_113845-jpg.36413

Also my Snow Wolf Condom Arrived with it.

Last edited:

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Crius V3 just arrived and I found the holes a tad small for what I like...Drill them out to 2.5mm and smoothed the edges but one screw doesnt seem to want to go in(Ill look into it more later).

I made a small build for now so see what it vapes like but its smaller then I thought it would be...the TFV4 has change my tank view, they all look and feel small now. The drip tip popped off easy so I cut up a TFV4 Coilhead Gasket and now its much tighter...Ill find something to replace that fucking tip I swear!

For now its a decent vape and when I try some other builds I will have a better grip on how I feel about this tank, hopefully I can re-tap that thread for that one screw and do some crazier builds. Wicking is super easy, as Dawn said Fluff your cotton and put the tips on top of the holes (Not force it in them). Ill compare this to the Aromamizer with the same build when they arrive to see where they each differ and how they size up.

You get that condom of amazon? Looks like the same one I got the way it fits.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I made a small build for now so see what it vapes like but its smaller then I thought it would be...the TFV4 has change my tank view, they all look and feel small now. The drip tip popped off easy so I cut up a TFV4 Coilhead Gasket and now its much tighter...Ill find something to replace that fucking tip I swear!

My go to tanks are the aromamizer, crius and freemax star, and my Lemo V2 for lower power and flavour-I think you will like them both. I have tried to wick the crius wrong, but it still works, even if you do force it in them juice holes.

I have replaced both of my crius's drip tips with a couple from my box of bits, but it is definitely in my top 3 so I got two of them.

I am glad you went for the SS-the black is impossible to get apart, my SS one takes apart easily for cleaning, the black one I have to rinse out and allow to dry.

Hope it works great for you :).

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh nice, you went for the red! Same day :)-how you finding it? At first I thought there was an issue-then realised it was ME that was confusing my atty's causing TC to work incorrectly. I think its a great value bit of kit, heavy beast though isn't it! :)
I like it, quality, for the price
There's a delay though 0.2 second.. It's not a big deal but it's noticeable.. GEARBEST ran out of the silver, I told them to give me the red one, it's powder coated not shiny red, so far it's good, heavy? Yes!! There's a little bit over hang, but it doesn't get warm at all unlike the RX... But overall, it's a BUY!
I don't use TCMODE, this thing is pack of options...

VAPE ON

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My go to tanks are the aromamizer, crius and freemax star, and my Lemo V2 for lower power and flavour-I think you will like them both. I have tried to wick the crius wrong, but it still works, even if you do force it in them juice holes.

I have replaced both of my crius's drip tips with a couple from my box of bits, but it is definitely in my top 3 so I got two of them.

I am glad you went for the SS-the black is impossible to get apart, my SS one takes apart easily for cleaning, the black one I have to rinse out and allow to dry.

Hope it works great for you :).
I have the Aromamizer, the VCMT 25mm and a few others Im waiting to arrive and see which is a "Builders RTA" I think the VCMT and Indulgence MT will be the top competitors...
I only buy SS when shopping fr RDAs/RTAs/Tanks, I dont trust paints/coatings for something Ill use everyday with moving parts around vaporized material to inhale...not okay in my book.

I've yet to try out FT, I HATE the waiting game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then make sure you pay for Epacket to USPS like I do, it took less then 9 days from purchase to revieving it today. Dont order Batteries though..

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasn't sure if royal mail delivered on Christmas eve, luckily they do! I got my second steam crave aromamizer, this one is a 3ML black version with the velocity deck, my SS 6ML is 3 post.

Also included are 100ML of Melon and Cola concentrate from a brand I like, called solub arome. The little bottle is a freebie from rainbow vapes of a flavour called 'monster' which tastes extremely nice, but I have no idea of what lol!

Tlyg2KTl.jpg

The steam crave:
foD5NORl.jpg

So, thats the last bit of post/mail I will be getting for a good few days now. Time to make up some melon and cola :)

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They're freaking great. $1.03 each from errybody's favorite, Fasttech lol
Not bad I use a vendor on Ebay for wire and can get 1000ft spools of almost every gauge wire for $8 (Kanthal D in 22g-36g and N60 in 38g-52g when its in stock)

*Kanthal D wire is Identical to A1 in all properties except top max temp rating 1700 Degrees, which you will never exceed anyway...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I received the Aromamizers about an hour ago. One I am giving to a friend with a build for a Xmas Present and one I am using to compare with the Crius V3. I am glad to have purchased this for 13.99 and it seem well worth the price. It comes in a nice case with all the colored bands, spare glass and extras.
20151226_122058-jpg.36627

The tank itself seem well machined on both, they are lighter then I expected but seem well crafted (Im not a fan of the AFC Bands). The Chromed Plated Chimney is the only thing that could worry others, Im not worried as I almost never take the area apart besides rinsing flavors out. The deck is spacious, much more then the Crius V3 and the postholes are much bigger to start with (I didnt need to drill them out). The knurling helps when disassembling the tank, this is a big plus as the Crius sometimes is a pain to take apart. The chamber is also very large compared to the Crius, builds can be bigger diameter and further from the posts.
20151226_132126-jpg.36625
20151226_132314-jpg.36628

People complain about the way it wicks, I find the method very nice when building for our type of builds. I use the Scottish Roll Wicking Method for everything and see the holes as points of where my wicking tips should end like in a RDA. Using tht wicking method also make the deck cleaner and bigger as the wick doesnt take much of the usable area up.

Ive used the same build I did in the Crius (2x24K/46N60 Fused Clapton) and one with a 9 Wrap 22g both builds on a 2.5mm bit. They fit and still have room, plenty of room enough for 3mm coils if you moved them closer to the posts then I did.
20151226_123852-jpg.36629

I am still breaking them in at 55w and will add to this review as I continue to use them, so far the flavor is on point when half-closed off but with some higher wattage Im sure Ill enjoy wide open airflow on the Aromamizer. Thank you for wasting your time to read my comparison........
20151226_132500-jpg.36626

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors