Become a Patron!

The Trident Kit

Hello guys im new to this forum cuz i was banned on other vaping forum so hopefully i can be happy here and get all the infos i need. So first im looking to buy the vandy vape trident kit since its regulated and look like a mechanical mod and its waterproof but i want to know if i can use an rda on it and which rda do you recommend on this kit since i never used rda before so i dont rly understand ohm and resistance but i know very well how to build coils on rda, so back to my question can i use rda on this kit and which one you guys recommend i need answers fast! Thanks.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello guys im new to this forum cuz i was banned on other vaping forum so hopefully i can be happy here and get all the infos i need. So first im looking to buy the vandy vape trident kit since its regulated and look like a mechanical mod and its waterproof but i want to know if i can use an rda on it and which rda do you recommend on this kit since i never used rda before so i dont rly understand ohm and resistance but i know very well how to build coils on rda, so back to my question can i use rda on this kit and which one you guys recommend i need answers fast! Thanks.
Do you have a link to what you have?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like you can use any rda you want. The most is 25mm diameter so, personally I wouldn't go larger than that.
If it were me, I would look at either the goon 25 or axial.
Now, its regulated for safety but you can't adjust power output. If that is something you want, you won't get it there. Additionally, you won't have the advantage of a larger battery than the 18650, so if you're running a lower build, you'll want to carry a few spare.
Other than that, it is a nice piece of kit.

Looks like you can use any rda you want. The most is 25mm diameter so, personally I wouldn't go larger than that.
If it were me, I would look at either the goon 25 or axial.
Now, its regulated for safety but you can't adjust power output. If that is something you want, you won't get it there. Additionally, you won't have the advantage of a larger battery than the 18650, so if you're running a lower build, you'll want to carry a few spare.
Other than that, it is a nice piece of kit.
So that mean i can use hellvape drop dead RDA 24 mm? And idc about the power output since it regulate itself and a vtc5a battery is enough right??

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So that mean i can use hellvape drop dead RDA 24 mm? And idc about the power output since it regulate itself and a vtc5a battery is enough right??

You will need either a regulated mod with a screen on it or an ohm reader to test your coils before you use them in an RDA you put on this stick. Even though there are some protections, the vape you get from the device will be governed by the coil(s) you put in that RDA. Since you can't adjust wattage or volts, you have to set the vape by your coil resistance.

The coils for the tank that comes with it go down to 0.15 ohms, which tells me that you'd be ok with an RDA that measures at 0.15 ohms, too. But I doubt you'd want to go any lower than that. Keep in mind too that the lower your coil resistance is, the faster you'll use up your juice and drain your battery. If I were using it, just personal preference for me would be a single coil at between 0.25 and 0.35 ohms.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes it will work... and yes the 5a is a good battery.. probably the best battery available in 18650

That said, I would repeat with everything @nadalama said above.

You will need either a regulated mod with a screen on it or an ohm reader to test your coils before you use them in an RDA you put on this stick. Even though there are some protections, the vape you get from the device will be governed by the coil(s) you put in that RDA. Since you can't adjust wattage or volts, you have to set the vape by your coil resistance.

The coils for the tank that comes with it go down to 0.15 ohms, which tells me that you'd be ok with an RDA that measures at 0.15 ohms, too. But I doubt you'd want to go any lower than that. Keep in mind too that the lower your coil resistance is, the faster you'll use up your juice and drain your battery. If I were using it, just personal preference for me would be a single coil at between 0.25 and 0.35 ohms.
I know i ask alot of questions, but which single coil rda you recommend and what coils

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A single coil Recurve wouldn't be a bad choice, or a Blitz Ghoul, an Asmodus C4, Drop Solo. The Recurve is going to come with a couple of Wotofo's N80 fused Clapton coils, which are really pretty decent. It's also an easy RDA to build.

A single coil Recurve wouldn't be a bad choice, or a Blitz Ghoul, an Asmodus C4, Drop Solo. The Recurve is going to come with a couple of Wotofo's N80 fused Clapton coils, which are really pretty decent. It's also an easy RDA to build.
Hmm so the n80 fused clapton coils work well on my vape without the need for ohm reader? or still i need to check the ohm

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hmm so the n80 fused clapton coils work well on my vape without the need for ohm reader? or still i need to check the ohm
N80 is just another metal that we use to vape with
Kanthal A1
SS316
NI200
NI80
NI90

Are the more popular wires we use. My advice to people is to always check your builds on an ohm meter or a regulated mod. If for no other reason than to check for shorts, make sure the post holes have a good hold on the coil, check to be sure the coil isn't touching the topcap and to ensure the installation is not wonky in general.
The simple ohm meters are not that expensive, and certainly cheaper than a doctors bill or cost to replace a good mod. If you opt for a regulated mod to use as an ohm meter, you've done double duty. You get a backup mod, which you may quite possibly enjoy using, and a building station.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
N80 is just another metal that we use to vape with
Kanthal A1
SS316
NI200
NI80
NI90

Are the more popular wires we use. My advice to people is to always check your builds on an ohm meter or a regulated mod. If for no other reason than to check for shorts, make sure the post holes have a good hold on the coil, check to be sure the coil isn't touching the topcap and to ensure the installation is not wonky in general.
The simple ohm meters are not that expensive, and certainly cheaper than a doctors bill or cost to replace a good mod. If you opt for a regulated mod to use as an ohm meter, you've done double duty. You get a backup mod, which you may quite possibly enjoy using, and a building station.

Yes, ^^^^^^^ This! You still need to check the coils. Even with bought coils things can sometimes go awry.

VU Sponsors