kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
gosh, first time i ever saw moderators get involved at VU. this is monumental!

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
U MAD BRO?? LOL job done. You guys went from protecting Joe to talking about my living standards and I am a spammer ban me. Wooooo saaaaaw muthafuckaaaaaa!

I don't remember protecting anybody.. I just saw a vulnerable little child being jealous so I laughed at it...

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I work for a Vape shop myself that does internet business, but I don't conduct business here because I don't have permission to do so. If that permission were to happen then I would be putting adds on here as well.

Hit me up privately @VapingHippie. Unlike other forums, we won't slap your wrists for sharing info about your products, promotions or business. In fact, we encourage it.

Ok, my apology for not visiting this thread since JULY, but what is the current bitching and moaning about now? I see members that I respect participating in this thread so I'm hoping a summary of what has been happening can be furnished for me to understand why this thread still breathes. :rolleyes:

Drama begets drama ;)

But seriously, no, we won't step in. This thread is right where it belongs-- in the Mud Put-- and as such, folks can go ahead and have their say. I'm not going to go back in time and start editing posts, but I will request that any further mud-slinging remain racial epithet free. Other than that... speak your minds. This is the mud-pit not the sandbox, so we're not about to start refereeing adults who are more than capable of choosing how they want to interact. I will remind folks however that you have the power to ignore members that bring nothing to your forum experience, and that silence can sometimes be a stronger statement than responding. So... have at 'er!

I could care less about VJ making money. I still frequent his site just like the rest of you. JUST DONT LIE ABOUT IT.

And lastly..... @vapelyfe, where have you been for over a year now? That argument is so utterly exhausted, and older than dirt..... and it's been addressed so many times, I've lost count.... but allow me to reiterate it for you seeing as you've evidently been under a rock. Originally, @VaporJoes never made a dime from any of his vape endeavors. When that changed, so did his statement regarding such. Changing the way you do things isn't lying, it's adapting. Change is the only constant in life. And taxes. And evidently, trolls...... welcome to VU! Enjoy your stay ;)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So when did Vaporjoe say he wasn't making money on this shit?
Didn't this shit happen over a year ago?
I don't get it. Did you show up late to the internet or something?

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Not so long ago I believe that he made a statement that he hadn't made a dime off of VU. The forum was still very much in it's infancy..

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well as we all know, there are consequences for using such language!!! :D

Yes being labeled as a mentally challenged bigot... that is consequence enough in my book. :D I just wish people were more creative, it would make things more interesting. I feel really bad for people that always have to pick the low hanging fruit. I do enjoy a good troll bashing though.. just wish there were better trolls around here :p

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yep @5150sick..... over a year ago, @VaporJoes changed things up...... and some folks have been crying about it ever since, despite that it doesn't affect them in the slightest. And with how fast this industry and community move, a year in vaping is like dog years..... it's more like 7 LOL.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not so long ago I believe that he made a statement that he hadn't made a dime off of VU. The forum was still very much in it's infancy..

@MoFo - At the time that statement was made, that was absolutely true. I'm quite well-apprised of this. It puzzles and amuses me that some folks seem to really believe servers and bandwidth are free. Shhhhh... don't ruin the fun for them. While you're at it, don't so much as hint that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy aren't real.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did someone say penis.

9e0f2ff1bf15298ae7a299a3e2509bad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@MoFo - At the time that statement was made, that was absolutely true. I'm quite well-apprised of this. It puzzles and amuses me that some folks seem to really believe servers and bandwidth are free. Shhhhh... don't ruin the fun for them. While you're at it, don't so much as hint that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy aren't real.

they're not???? tantrum.gif

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No way! You're telling me that servers/bandwidth/domains all cost money? But it's true that Joe has a money tree that Santa Claus game him a few years back, right? So it's really all just pure profit. I also heard that he has an Olympic sized swimming pool full of money that he swims in every night before he takes a ride on his unicorn.

Anyway, yeah, just so many haters. It's mind boggling to me as to why people spend so much time and energy being envious. If they just put forth some of that energy into being creative they might actually make something of themselves.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am so very freaking sorry you feel that my self depreciative attempt at humour per the subject at hand has somehow been perceived as a threat to your manhood and has offended you.:(

If and when I do feel the need to offer you an insult, and I am actually inclined to take the time and expend the effort to purposely offend you, I will use small words with visual aids to make sure that I have accomplished the task at hand.:D

Just a quick edit here.

I don't wish to feed this fire more than it has been fed.

Been a very long day for me (8+ hours on the road) and I just wanted to check in with my VU family.

And I get to return to.................................................This.

Racist comments?

Really?

booger!

vapelyfe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hit me up privately @VapingHippie. Unlike other forums, we won't slap your wrists for sharing info about your products, promotions or business. In fact, we encourage it.

Drama begets drama ;)

But seriously, no, we won't step in. This thread is right where it belongs-- in the Mud Put-- and as such, folks can go ahead and have their say. I'm not going to go back in time and start editing posts, but I will request that any further mud-slinging remain racial epithet free. Other than that... speak your minds. This is the mud-pit not the sandbox, so we're not about to start refereeing adults who are more than capable of choosing how they want to interact. I will remind folks however that you have the power to ignore members that bring nothing to your forum experience, and that silence can sometimes be a stronger statement than responding. So... have at 'er!

And lastly..... @vapelyfe, where have you been for over a year now? That argument is so utterly exhausted, and older than dirt..... and it's been addressed so many times, I've lost count.... but allow me to reiterate it for you seeing as you've evidently been under a rock. Originally, @VaporJoes never made a dime from any of his vape endeavors. When that changed, so did his statement regarding such. Changing the way you do things isn't lying, it's adapting. Change is the only constant in life. And taxes. And evidently, trolls...... welcome to VU! Enjoy your stay ;)
no more racial slurs from me.

vapelyfe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
June 30 2014... page 1 of thus post... welcome to the party.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and even if he was.......so what??????????????????????

vapelyfe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would answer that question but it's already been adressed. Keep up with the conversation please... I shouldn't have to explain things more than once.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

He's trying to call Joe a liar... Since Joe did say he hadn't made any money from the ads. I don't think the ads generate as much revenue as he wants to believe. There are expenses.

Joe didn't say that he'll never make a dime from the site.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Kelli, my darling, thanks for remembering but you said it wrong.

To be correct..........................

BOOGER!:p

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The mods keep it to a minimum which is nice.

But they are indeed here and can be found if you look hard enough.

i think i just have an unhealthy fear of mods, thanks in no small part to the gestapo at the other place.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kelli, my darling, thanks for remembering but you said it wrong.

To be correct..........................

BOOGER!:p

i could never hope to do it as well as you do. ;)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He's trying to call Joe a liar... Since Joe did say he hadn't made any money from the ads. I don't think the ads generate as much revenue as he wants to believe. There are expenses.

Joe didn't say that he'll never make a dime from the site.

I would answer that question but it's already been adressed. Keep up with the conversation please... I shouldn't have to explain things more than once.

oh you've explained it ad nauseum.....we all know how you feel. do we care tho? doubtful.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
i could never hope to do it as well as you do. ;)

Or you could always say something like......................

Magic Nose Goblins!:p

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Touché to the lack there of. What other grown up things do you guys feel the need to belittle me about to make yourselves feel superior? I assure you that it's very mature of you guys btw.
Hey Motha Freaker you are the one to come to the battle with a racial gun sadly we have sanity guns and are just smarter... BANG! BANG!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
how about naughty nose nuggets? :p

Nicely done Miss Kelli!

However.

Something worth doing is worth doing well!

You need a larger font and bold letters...............

Such as........................

NAUGHTY NOSE NUGGETS!

Or if I can paraphrase.................

NASTY NOSE NUGGETS!:eek:

Please remember to respect you elders my dear.

Most likely I was mining for BOOGERS while you were still in diapers:D

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No way! You're telling me that servers/bandwidth/domains all cost money? But it's true that Joe has a money tree that Santa Claus game him a few years back, right? So it's really all just pure profit. I also heard that he has an Olympic sized swimming pool full of money that he swims in every night before he takes a ride on his unicorn.....

Hey! The Unicorn is real! :D :D :D

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm so tired of this Joe bashing bullshit.

Listen people. If you are on Vaping Underground you joined because you wanted a new and fresh place to discuss vaping and e-cig topics. Why anyone has an issue with Joe and his business model is beyond my comprehension. I take it people are jealous that he found a niche in the industry and cornered it? And to what harm to us? None! He goes out of his way every fucking day to find US deals and steals on otherwise expensive merch. He's part of a show that is MORE than generous in Giveaways to the community at large, regardless of what forums you participate in, than ANY OTHER vape show today. He has dedicated countless hours with others to bring a new forum to the table, and you guys are STILL bitching and moaning because the man makes a living?

I find this whole argument moot, obnoxious and frankly offensive. I've met Joe once in my life and he was a gentleman. But even if he was an arrogant prick why the fuck am I going to hate on a guy for running a business? If you have an issue with him, then jump off the forum and go spit your issues to people that care to listen, otherwise enjoy this community for what it is and stop being a cry baby because you didn't find your dream job.

When you attack the creditability of this forum you are attacking the credibility of every Moderator and on the site. So do your research into ALL of us before you get it even more twisted. I for one am disgusted and unlike the Senior Staff here I would have shut this nonsense down when it first popped up. But that is one of the many fantastic things about VU. We permit you to say what you want without censorship as long as you don't cross a line. So get a grip, do your research and post with educated diligence or shut your ignorant jealousy fueled nonsense and lets put this to rest so we can enjoy talking about todays trending hardware and which juice is the best this month. That's what I care about.
Well said too bad it was so late when I first replied to him I did not make as much since.. :) He just wants attention

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm so tired of this Joe bashing bullshit...... I for one am disgusted and unlike the Senior Staff here I would have shut this nonsense down when it first popped up. But that is one of the many fantastic things about VU. We permit you to say what you want without censorship as long as you don't cross a line.....

I hear you loud and clear @BugOut Machine ... you're a gentleman also. Thanks for understanding and for being part of our terrific and highly valued team of moderators. I like your style ;)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and please remember, mr. bug or mr. machine.....it's not "people" who have a problem here, it's just one asshat. the rest of us are hunky dory with what joe has done here. just to clarify. :)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well said BOM.

Well said indeed!

Personally I don't know VJ from Bob.

But I do know that he is a powerful advocate for the vaping world.

He takes his time and effort to find us deals and steals for our vaping gear.

He has gifted us this place to hang out and exchange our own personal viewpoints.

Here we have a place to help each other and share our opinions and discoveries with other vapers.

And to bitch about anything bitch worthy if need be.

Not an expert in what it takes money wise to run a forum like this.

Kinda guessing more than $1.00 per month.

Not to mention the time and effort of VJ and the assorted cast of moderators.

And as far as I am concerned, I hope that VJ ends up making a buck or two for his efforts!

Or even three or four bucks.

Before you think about condemning our host.

And considering WE ARE ALL HIS GUEST HERE to begin with......................

What if anything have YOU done for the vaping world?

Rant over now.

For the time being anyway:p

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
June 30 2014... page 1 of thus post... welcome to the party.
Actually Joe was replying to BrianJ who is a moderator of a dying Canadian forum about the ads.
Everyone was crying about not being able to use adblock plus and they couldn't understand how the revenue from the ads was going to the cost of maintaining the forum.
These ads you can barely see at the bottom of the page if you decide to scroll down there are by vendors who paid to have them put there.
Vendors can have their own section for free if they please.
B&M's can be listed here for free.
I listed 5 from my local area and 3 don't even know about it.
This shit costs money. Welcome to the real world.

What was your point again?

Does this guy think Joe is getting rich off of this forum and is going to change his last name to "Dotcom" or something???

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
and please remember, mr. bug or mr. machine.....it's not "people" who have a problem here, it's just one asshat. the rest of us are hunky dory with what joe has done here. just to clarify. :)
Remember, There is an asshole in every bunch.
We all know who today's asshole is!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
i think i just have an unhealthy fear of mods, thanks in no small part to the gestapo at the other place.

That's it!!!!

You said fear, mods. AND gestapo in the same sentence???

I am going to have no choice but to ban you for life from the forum!!!

You broke rule number 34,656!

Actually I am just butthurt and we make up the rules as we go.

Wait this isn't ECF? Never mind then...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors