This or That - Game

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gas stove as you have more control over your cooking.

Home furnace, gas, electric, or wood/other?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wood

Do or don't you put butter on before putting jelly onto toast/biscuits?

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish I could but no butter for the bear

In the summer do sleep with or without a cover?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
With. Can't sleep at all without some type of cover.

Would you rather take training classes remotely or in person in a classroom? This can apply to either vocational training or regular education classes.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With. Can't sleep at all without some type of cover.

Would you rather take training classes remotely or in person in a classroom? This can apply to either vocational training or regular education classes.
My wife Jean is the same way with havin to have a cover

In person, if you have a question it seems easier to get the right answer

When listening to music or TV and you don't wanna disturb your partner would you wear headphones or ear bubs?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When listening to music or TV and you don't wanna disturb your partner would you wear headphones or ear bubs?

Headphones while not sleeping. On nights I'm unable too fall asleep, I'll wear ear buds.

When at home you've lost something, say a mod, do you look for it until you find it or just stop looking for it hope it shows up?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When at home you've lost something, say a mod, do you look for it until you find it or just stop looking for it hope it shows up?

:eek: Did I offend everyone with my question :question: :huh:

I'll try another one, hoping..... maybe, someone will answer.

Have or haven't you been bitten by mosquitoes this summer?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:eek: Did I offend everyone with my question :question: :huh:

I'll try another one, hoping..... maybe, someone will answer.

Have or haven't you been bitten by mosquitoes this summer?

I wasn't offended, but I didn't see the question :) Been working hard lately.

When I have lost something it keeps bugging me until I find it, unless I can remember and conclude that I left it somewhere away from home.

No skeeters on me so far this summer.

As a kid at school recess, did you prefer the jungle gym, monkey bars, or the see saw (teeter totter?) ?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't offended either, I have a hard time comin up with a question that is dumb or already been used.

When I lose stuff it drives me crazy till I find it so I haveta keep on lookin

I've been bite several times this year but they are always bad here in the summer.

My favorite was the monkey bars casue I like to climb :rolleyes:

See that's all the farther I get so this isn't an entry (play on)

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't offended either, I have a hard time comin up with a question that is dumb or already been used.

When I lose stuff it drives me crazy till I find it so I haveta keep on lookin

I've been bite several times this year but they are always bad here in the summer.

My favorite was the monkey bars casue I like to climb :rolleyes:

See that's all the farther I get so this isn't an entry (play on)
There was a dynamic I really liked about the see saw, though I didn't analyze it that much as a kid. With two on the see saw, it's a cooperation, and a circle of energy in which you are fully engaged with your partner at the other end, smiling, having fun, enjoying the up & down.

As for jungle gym vs monkey bars, I'm differentiating between these, monkey bars on the left, jungle gym on the right, in the playground parlance of the day.

monkey bars.JPGJungle gym.JPG

The jungle gym was conversational. People would climb up, choose their perch and sit chatting. A few kids used the monkey bars. I can remember a time when I could go from end to end, and then at some point I couldn't any more.

So back to the playground. I don't remember there being swings and slides at my school, but on the way home from school there were big swing sets with canvas sling seats at the ball park, where you'd linger if you were in the mood. And of course lots of suburban back yards had swings and slides, including mine.

So, swing or slide?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Swing, most definitely. I'm still crazy about a swing!

Keeping with the summer theme, out in the sun, do you burn or tan, or are you acclimated to it? Do you have that skin that Billy Connolly calls "a pale shade of blue," or skin like my daughters have, within which they can flop down, flip over, and be done like a piece of breakfast toast? Believe me, they have it thanks to my husband's DNA, because it sure didn't come from me.

Twice I've lived in Florida, plus Baton Rouge, LA and Savannah, GA - never a suntan. Never even a GLIMMER of one. I have, however, been burnt very nearly EVERYWHERE, including the part of my hair, the tops of my feet, and worst of all, the backs of my knees. Had sun poisoning quite a few times until I finally just gave up on the sun about a decade ago.

Burn or tan, or neither?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Swing, most definitely. I'm still crazy about a swing!

Keeping with the summer theme, out in the sun, do you burn or tan, or are you acclimated to it? Do you have that skin that Billy Connolly calls "a pale shade of blue," or skin like my daughters have, within which they can flop down, flip over, and be done like a piece of breakfast toast? Believe me, they have it thanks to my husband's DNA, because it sure didn't come from me.

Twice I've lived in Florida, plus Baton Rouge, LA and Savannah, GA - never a suntan. Never even a GLIMMER of one. I have, however, been burnt very nearly EVERYWHERE, including the part of my hair, the tops of my feet, and worst of all, the backs of my knees. Had sun poisoning quite a few times until I finally just gave up on the sun about a decade ago.

Burn or tan, or neither?

I have this memory that my dad was as interested in swings as any kid. When our swing set was kid oriented, he hung a porch swing on the patio, opposite my mom's telescope. When we kids were beyond the age of swing set interest, he removed the individual swings from the frame, and hung a second porch swing on it, to sit in the yard and look up at the stars.

Okay

Burn or tan, well you know, it's always a burn, like when you burn your finger in the kitchen, it's bright red that day, and the next day that burn spot is tan, but I understand what you're saying. Some people are so fair, almost translucent, they will always suffer from the sun. I used to love the way tanning made me look, the compliments it got me, and even that kind of feverish sun drenched feeling. The sharper the contrast at the swimsuit lines, the more thrilling, but as I got older I worried I was ruining my skin. Nowadays I don't really know about that. I feel like my diet shows up in my skin texture, but they say every cell in your body turns over in a certain length of time, so I'm skeptical of the theory that tanning causes wrinkles. In any case, I'm no longer interested in lying in the sun, though walking on the beach is lovely, or riding in a boat. I'm more likely to have a hat on my head and a t-shirt over my swimsuit for all except swimming. A midnight swim is my favorite, whether ocean or pool.

Next question. Need a new outfit for an occasion: shopping mall, local boutique, or thrift shop?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Burn or tan, or neither?
My wife is like that... just gets sunburn and her freckles get darker.
To answer your question (which I can't) I haven't been to the ocean (beach) for over 10 years. If I swim, it would be up in the pristine rivers in the CA mountains (oh... that's out, there are major fires up there) I don't like swimming pools because I hate chlorine. I already have a tan because I work outside a lot (triple digit temps) Thanks for reminding how much I hate my life right now (it's not your fault... just reminded me)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Next question. Need a new outfit for an occasion: shopping mall, local boutique, or thrift shop?
Well... the mall is still closed (COVID) except a few stores that have outside access. I'm a guy so what the heck is a "boutique"? I guess it's thrift shop for me (oh crap... they are still closed too) I give up.
Obviously, ordering clothing online is risky... will it fit?
Forgive me for this (I'm actually in a good mood but it may not seem so)
You only have $5... cheap booze or cheap malt liquor? (that wasn't a real question)
OK... I'll try: really good stereo or really good headphones?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well... the mall is still closed (COVID) except a few stores that have outside access. I'm a guy so what the heck is a "boutique"? I guess it's thrift shop for me (oh crap... they are still closed too) I give up.
Obviously, ordering clothing online is risky... will it fit?
Forgive me for this (I'm actually in a good mood but it may not seem so)
You only have $5... cheap booze or cheap malt liquor? (that wasn't a real question)
OK... I'll try: really good stereo or really good headphones?
Don't worry. Monkey pox (money pox) is next. Things will be shut down for a long long long long long time.

I'll confess to getting all of my clothes second hand on Ebay, and I love the whole ethic of buying what's already out there, someone else's cast offs, things you can use without having factories going or child labor in third world countries, doing business with fellow humans. It takes some practice, and I wasted some money at first, but I've been doing it for so many years, I never have fails anymore. You take your clothes that fit you best now, and measure them flat, across the chest, shoulder to hem, outer sleeve length from shoulder, pants in-seam and outer seam, and then you only buy from sellers who list with measurements. For the sellers who don't bother with measurements, you can message them and ask. Most of those who don't list with measurements are dipshits and won't respond. You have to skip them, no matter how much you like the item. Otherwise, look for "gently worn", "like new", "no flaws". Carefully read the whole description before bidding or clicking "buy now".

To answer your question, what is a boutique? A locally owned stand alone shop, not part of a national chain, not a big box store. It's good to support those if you have tons of cash to get rid of, or at least look for their clearance sales.

So, good stereo or good headphones? Gosh it hardly matters anymore. I used to be a stereo snob. Now I just want it to sound good without bothering my neighbors in my apartment building. I like my computer speakers, cheap Frisby brand. I can listen to music and podcasts with good sound quality, without setting off the dogs in the building.

I always write too much.

I'll take your question and change it up a little bit. You only have 5.00. A bottle of cheap wine or a bottle of malt liquor? To me it's a fair question. A while back when I had people over, I had a 22.00 bottle of wine and a 5.00 bottle. The 5.00 Beringer was way better than the other bottle. Also I really like malt liquor.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'll take your question and change it up a little bit. You only have 5.00. A bottle of cheap wine or a bottle of malt liquor? To me it's a fair question. A while back when I had people over, I had a 22.00 bottle of wine and a 5.00 bottle. The 5.00 Beringer was way better than the other bottle. Also I really like malt liquor.
Don't think I've ever had malt liquor :question:
So, gotta go with Cheap Wine.

Do or don't you let your food cool to room temperature before putting in the fridge?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The 5.00 Beringer was way better than the other bottle. Also I really like malt liquor.
I'm guessing it was the white zin (my wife likes that too) Cheap ML sucks... it really does. I think would prefer a bottle of wine. Sometime a $3 bottle of wine better.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wait a minute... I just realized this this is the this or that thread. In honor of the OP, let's get back on track...

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm guessing it was the white zin (my wife likes that too) Cheap ML sucks... it really does. I think would prefer a bottle of wine. Sometime a $3 bottle of wine better.
No, I never liked zinfandel. The Berenger 5.00 bottle was a dry white wine of some kind. I bought it because it had great reviews.

I used to love Elephant Malt Liquor but I never see it anymore.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't think I've ever had malt liquor :question:
So, gotta go with Cheap Wine.

Do or don't you let your food cool to room temperature before putting in the fridge?

I do let it cool before refrigerating. One time on America's Test Kitchen they tested whether or not it would heat up the inside of your fridge, and they said it didn't make that much difference, but what the heck, why add heat to the inside of the fridge at all?

Peppermint or spearmint in the garden? Or in your tea.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Peppermint We useta grow pepper mint, I love peppermint in tea

Milkshake or a smoothie on a hot summer day?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Peppermint We useta grow pepper mint, I love peppermint in tea

Milkshake or a smoothie on a hot summer day?
When I had space to garden, I found that if you have a part-sun-part-shade spot near a dripping faucet, you can grow peppermint, spearmint, lemon balm, pennyroyal, all next to each other, and I even bought and planted a start that was labeled "chocolate mint" at the nursery. It actually did taste kind of like mint chocolate chip. All of the mints are wonderful. Pennyroyal is good for fleas, but you never put the pure essential oil on a cat or it will stop breathing, so I would cut some pennyroyal, crush it in my hands and rub it all over the cats. It got to the point that they would see me fooling with the plant and come running for their treatment.

That's my rant.

Milkshake or smoothie on a hot summer day? Hah, the milkshake would just make me feel bloated and hot after its gone. I'd rather have a cold peppermint tea than either of the choices. Pure peppermint leaf tea is never very expensive, if you're not growing your own.

Clay pots or plasticotta for container gardening?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did (extra people in truck at the drive-in theater)... and of course (after the movie) forget to remove speaker from the side window LOL
Gas or electric blower? Soon we won't have a choice here in CA (gas will be outlawed)

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did (extra people in truck at the drive-in theater)... and of course (after the movie) forget to remove speaker from the side window LOL
Gas or electric blower? Soon we won't have a choice here in CA (gas will be outlawed)
Amazingly, there's was only one time we forgot to put the speaker back.
I'm kinda surprised that noone brought back the Drive In Theaters while Convid was/is still going on. I think they (could) would have made a killing (tons of money) from it. Really liked going to the Drive In to watch moves.

Gas, stringing out cord(s) is a PITA !
The powers at be.... want No gas in every state.
You Will Own Nothing and Be Happy :huh:

If It were possible for all of us to meet up somewhere; do or don't you think we would all like/ get along with each other?

Edit: Broke the thread again :(

So, I'll ask another question ;)

Would you or wouldn't you take in a stray dog or cat?

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The powers at be.... want No gas in every state.
You Will Own Nothing and Be Happy :huh:

If It were possible for all of us to meet up somewhere; do or don't you think we would all like/ get along with each other?
I'll answer that one.

I don't think I would get along with everybody. The reason why I like having forum friends is that I can think before I comment, consider peoples' feelings, gravitate to the people I admire, and stay away from the people I don't like, such as the lady who likes to start or participate in somewhat controversial threads, but then will be the first to call on the mods for censorship when she doesn't like the direction the thread is taking.

As for drive-ins, in this WEF era, "you will own nothing and you will be happy", we are bristling against those who fly around in private jets, live in villas on massive acreage, vacation on their yachts, but want to take away our fuel, our electricity, our a/c and heat, and cram us into highrise coffin apartments, to have bugs for dinner delivered by drones. And while we're promised rolling black-outs, we're now expected to pop a million electric cars onto the grid?

Though these psychopaths do not have the answers, I feel that we all have long been contemplating the real plight of the ecology of our only home planet, the pollution, the overconsumption, and how we can be more gentle on this earth, by our own initiatives, without psychopaths trying to turn us into serfs.

It's the perfect time for drive-in theatres to make a comeback. I guess they fell out of favor with the advent of the multiplex indoor theatres, but what if we traded air conditioning the multiplex for cool fresh night air, after traffic has died down, after the sun has gone down? What if electric car rechargers were available there while we watch a double feature? Would that be practical? I don't even know. I hardly ever have to gas up the Mini now that I work at home, but I know that electricity plants burn coal, much of it, in many places, dirty coal, so it somehow defies any logic of cleaning up this planet.

Okay, next question:

Would you rather lose all your hair, or all of your teeth?

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All my hair. I'd rather put on a wig than go to a dentist.

Have or haven't you heard about the new food that tastes like human?

(It won some kind of award :blech: )
(How freaking sick and sadistic of that individual who came up with human tasting food)

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

(It won some kind of reward :blech: )
(How freaking sick and sadistic of that individual who came up with human tasting food)

Do you mean this?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do you mean this?
I read that article from your health thread and it's nucking futs! Katy Perry is insane.

Katy Perry says human flesh is “the absolute best” and is “super healthy and good for you”​

Sorry for the derail...

(It won some kind of reward :blech: )

I have not heard of that food.

The question naturally follows: Would you or would you not eat human tasting food?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, I am not a soilient green eater
It's so ironic (have seen that movie many times)... they were getting water in jugs. We joked about that when we were young, we just got water from the garden hose. Not a joke any more (I won't go near tap water... buy gallon jugs now) There are so many other things about that movie... air quality, heat, plants all dying, corrupt police, people living on the streets, lack of (good) food, So called food made from processed crap (did you know McDonalds chicken nuggets have "silly putty in them?) Riots... I could go on all day about that movie.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
would you rather ride a four wheeler or a dirt bike?
I grew up riding "dirt bikes" and loved them. Never got to try a "four wheel" one (they call them Quads) so would have to say Quad. Three wheel one's were outlawed year ago... too prone to flipping over. But... if I had never tried either, I would choose dirt bike.
Cupcake with frosting (and I mean like most with 3/4 inch of frosting) or cupcake with no frosting? No in between... you have to choose.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If I'm a gonna eat a Cupcake....you betcha, it's gonna be with Frosting.

Do you or don't you know that you can add peanut butter to box cake mixes?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yes I do know (and add PB to chili and stew)
So... chili beans or stew?
Stew, more specifically, Brunswick Stew, my favorite!

If money was no object, what vehicle would you drive?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I read that article from your health thread and it's nucking futs! Katy Perry is insane.

Katy Perry says human flesh is “the absolute best” and is “super healthy and good for you”​

Sorry for the derail...

I have not heard of that food.

The question naturally follows: Would you or would you not eat human tasting food?
I've hardly had the humor to play this game since this came up, and I'm not playing at this moment. Human cannibalism is all the news lately, but if you search for articles, you see that the subject really began to ramp up in 2016-18.

They're raising that flag to see who will salute it.

New York Times

The post human era WSJ

Magnus Soderlund, a Swedish economist and asshole, wants us to eat each other. This goes back to 2019, but he was covered by the New York Post this year.

Wikipedia, leading with the "benefits" of cannibalism:

These parasites know that if you put it out there, people will start trying it, mostly weak minded psychopaths who are easily manipulated.

We have to hang onto our humanity. Even if you couldn't get horrid diseases from eating human flesh (you can), why are we here? Does it really come down to this, that we let our food systems be destroyed, modified, polluted, and then turn to each other for nutrition?

I really could go on and on, but it makes me sad and tired, so I'll leave it here.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
WTF? Can we please skip this subject and get back to the fun thread this was?
Microwave popcorn or old school on the stove (or air popper)? Keep in mind this is also related to artificial butter flavor vs real butter.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
WTF? Can we please skip this subject and get back to the fun thread this was?
Microwave popcorn or old school on the stove (or air popper)? Keep in mind this is also related to artificial butter flavor vs real butter.

I certainly agree with that!

Microwave popcorn made with old-school Orville Redenbacher's in my microwave popcorn popper using coconut oil, real butter, and fine popcorn salt

If you were on vacation in San Diego, would you choose to go to Sea World or the San Diego Zoo?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I'd go to sea world, don't know why :rolleyes:

You are having cheese popcorn do you want yellow cheese or white cheese popcorn?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think I'd go to sea world, don't know why :rolleyes:

You are having cheese popcorn do you want yellow cheese or white cheese popcorn?
I'll go with white cheese. Though, I really do like Carmel popcorn :)

After brushing teeth; do you rinse out with cold or hot water?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cold water, it gives me a refreshing feel

Would you rather have cherry pie alamode or chocolate cream pie?
Oh Jimi, lol....chocolate all the way :teehee:

If you were invited to a Indian sweat lodge would you go or not go?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love Indians (native american) but all I've done for weeks is sweat so it a no go.
High mountain peak or the beach? (and assume both don't have a bunch of people crowded around... like you have it just to yourself)

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mountains. Love hearing the thunder and it's like you're able to touch the clouds.

Do you or don't you think there are Sasquatches?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, by now someone woulda came up with positive evidence, IMO.

You are out for the night, would you drink mixed drinks or beer?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bourbon or Scotch on the rocks.

After that night on the town would you take an Uber/Lyft or have a designated driver?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After that night on the town would you take an Uber/Lyft or have a designated driver?
I don't go out a lot the way I used to, but I was almost always the voluntary designated driver. Two glasses of wine or three beers, and then I'd switch to coffee for the rest of the evening. If I got drunk enough to need a taxi, I'd be trying to kiss the taxi driver, so I'd rather play it safe.

So were we created de novo by God, or were we genetically modified from primates by ancient aliens? It was the Sasquatch question that got me engaged in this thread again. There's a Bitchute channel I watch, "Shamanic Garden", which carries all sorts of subject matter. I find it all stimulating to think about.

VU Sponsors