Become a Patron!

This or That - Game

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't like either Sushi or Sashimi.

I'll go with Sashimi.

Would you rather have food taxes cut or property taxes cut?

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
We essentially don't have food taxes here in Virginia, so I'd love to see property taxes cut. They have tripled in the 20 years we've been here.

For those of you who are visually impaired, part 1, glasses or contacts? Part 2, optometrist or ophthalmologist?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glasses, can't stand to put anything in my eyes, even drops are tough.

Its a rainy day would you rather watch a sports advent or a movie?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A movie, definitely, or binge watch a great series on one of the streaming services.

Do you eat what some people call "seasonal" foods, out of season? Ice cream in the winter, soup in the summer, for example...

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you eat what some people call "seasonal" foods, out of season? Ice cream in the winter, soup in the summer, for example...

Sure. It makes more sense to eat ice cream in winter if you consider that people drink hot coffee in summer. Soup in summer is one way to use all the great summer season veggies that come in, when a gardener may be drowning in tomatoes and zucchini.

Next question, I'll pick up your previous question that was missed: optometrist or ophthalmologist?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Next question, I'll pick up your previous question that was missed: optometrist or ophthalmologist?
In most cases an Optometrist is good enough.

Keeping on the eye theme, laser surgery or continue with glasses/contacts?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Can't do the laser surgery because of an eye condition I have, so continue with glasses.

Do you consider yourself an introvert or extravert?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm an introvert.

Stay home for Memorial Day or head out somewhere?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stay home, well unless the fish are bitin

Would you rather have fruit or cake?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
:teehee: That's an easy one.... CAKE YUMMY !

Would you rather go back to the past or go forward to the future?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:teehee: That's an easy one.... CAKE YUMMY !

Would you rather go back to the past or go forward to the future?

That's a tough one. Some would say go back and don't do what you did to hurt someone, make it all better. Others would say go to the future, see what the stock market is doing, then come back and buy accordingly. I don't know. I'd have to spend at least three weeks thinking about it before choosing. Wow.

With your bestie, go to a concert, or go to a movie?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Bliss Doubt , I wouldn't go back to the past. I would go to the future.
But, if I had the opportunity, I wouldn't do either. Don't want to travel back to the past, it could be better or it could be worse. The future, could be good or maybe bad, either way, I just don't want to know.

Movie, I'm not into big crowds anymore :huh: , and my bestie (besides my Guy) lives in another state :(

Would you rather go on a Safari or go to a Zoo?

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Bliss Doubt , I wouldn't go back to the past. I would go to the future.
But, if I had the opportunity, I wouldn't do either. Don't want to travel back to the past, it could be better or it could be worse. The future, could be good or maybe bad, either way, I just don't want to know.

Movie, I'm not into big crowds anymore :huh: , and my bestie (besides my Guy) lives in another state :(

Would you rather go on a Safari or go to a Zoo?

I should have said, "your bestie is visiting from out of town", which was what I meant with that question.

So for the safari vs. the zoo, safari, OMG definitely safari, photo safari, not hunting. But either way, it's become kind of sad, that pride of lions being encircled by gasoline powered vehicles several times a day every day. The small group or private, out of the way, 10k per person per day kind of tent safari arrangement (that I can't afford in this lifetime) would be what I would wish for. Zoos are just too sad always, fabulous wild animals in confined spaces, fed instead of exercising their natural abilities to get their own food, giving birth in confinement (too rarely), denied their real lives.

Breakfast for dinner, or dinner for breakfast? I like both. Leftover pizza for breakfast, scrambled eggs for dinner.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Safari. Our small local zoo is a joke (don't even know if it's open since COVID)
On the other hand, went to the San Diego zoo as a kid and it was great! Still... I like the outdoors so safari it is.
This question doesn't have to be totally doable (just pretend it is):
Outer space or deep ocean?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Breakfast for dinner, or dinner for breakfast? I like both. Leftover pizza for breakfast, scrambled eggs for dinner.
I'm not into having breakfast, but I'll take Dinner for Breakfast :)

Safari. Our small local zoo is a joke (don't even know if it's open since COVID)
On the other hand, went to the San Diego zoo as a kid and it was great! Still... I like the outdoors so safari it is.
This question doesn't have to be totally doable (just pretend it is):
Outer space or deep ocean?
I'll go with Deep Ocean. Seeing living creatures in their own habitat is the way to go for me.

Have you or haven't you ever been in such a rush that you put your underwear on inside out ? :teehee: I have :facepalm: :teehee:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No on the underwear question but... one day I was at the gas station (wearing old faded jeans with tears and fraying) this younger girls says "OMG, he has BonJovi jeans! ( probably could have sold then for $50 bucks... for jeans I bought for $15)
Swimming pool or nature (river, creek, lake, ocean)? This might have been asked before...

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
William Shatner (captain Kirk from Star Trek) went on one of those space flights... was blown away made the news. You didn't actually choose so I assume space was the response (but have you ever noticed some of those deep sea creatures look freakier than sci fi aliens?) Some people claim that octopus are alien creatures.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
William Shatner (captain Kirk from Star Trek) went on one of those space flights... was blown away made the news. You didn't actually choose so I assume space was the response (but have you ever noticed some of those deep sea creatures look freakier than sci fi aliens?) Some people claim that octopus are alien creatures.
I wasn't playing the game when I replied, because I haven't thought up the next question yet. I was just replying to you because your question indicated it was pretending, or not doable.

I've never done snorkeling or scuba diving. One time I swam out so far, my dad and uncle had to get in the boat and go find me. I was really scared by the time I saw them. I love swimming in the surf, where I can see people. I've jumped off a boat to swim in the middle of the ocean, where you couldn't see the shore, but that gets boring if you're not snorkeling, with just water all around you. I opened my eyes under water, didn't see anything. I know deep ocean swimming is good in Puerto Rico because the main island is at the top of a really high mountain, most of the mountain being underwater. People who like snorkeling will tell you that occasionally a fish will become your best friend, will follow you around, and clearly likes you.

But I think I would much prefer a beach/ocean vacation to an outer space vacation. If someone offered me one of those 450,000.00 tickets, I would take it though.

I already forgot my next question, so: Oil painting or watercolor?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't playing the game when I replied, because I haven't thought up the next question yet. I was just replying to you because your question indicated it was pretending, or not doable.

I've never done snorkeling or scuba diving. One time I swam out so far, my dad and uncle had to get in the boat and go find me. I was really scared by the time I saw them. I love swimming in the surf, where I can see people. I've jumped off a boat to swim in the middle of the ocean, where you couldn't see the shore, but that gets boring if you're not snorkeling, with just water all around you. I opened my eyes under water, didn't see anything. I know deep ocean swimming is good in Puerto Rico because the main island is at the top of a really high mountain, most of the mountain being underwater. People who like snorkeling will tell you that occasionally a fish will become your best friend, will follow you around, and clearly likes you.

But I think I would much prefer a beach/ocean vacation to an outer space vacation. If someone offered me one of those 450,000.00 tickets, I would take it though.

There is many times I have come here and couldn't think of a good question :facepalm: Stupid Alzheimer's

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If, it was me doing the painting, Watercolors by numbers :teehee:

If, your downtown offers community bicycles.... Would you ride one to go shopping or walk ?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Easier to carry stuff on a bike (besides... I already have one)
Fruit pie or cream pie (like chocolate, coconut, ect)?
I'm all for Chocolate Cream Pie
( though, I really don't like 'em :huh: )

You're at home relaxing, don't want to be bothered, you get a phone call, the person on the phone wants to come over...
Do you say No or Do you say Come on Over ?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're at home relaxing, don't want to be bothered, you get a phone call, the person on the phone wants to come over...
Do you say No or Do you say Come on Over ?

I ALWAYS don't want to be bothered, and I don't want to cultivate last minute "come over" friends, or encourage people to do that, so unless the person is a friend who really needs me, needs a shoulder to cry on, needs to borrow something immediately, NO.

Next question: You were gifted with a spa certificate. Massage or facial (or other?)

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Facial.... Personally, I wouldn't do either. Really don't like strangers touching me anywhere.

Have you or haven't you ever had a "friend" tell another friend that you had sex with their significant other ? When it was actually the "friend" that did the deed.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Facial.... Personally, I wouldn't do either. Really don't like strangers touching me anywhere.

Have you or haven't you ever had a "friend" tell another friend that you had sex with their significant other ? When it was actually the "friend" that did the deed.

Well, I did the deed, but it was before my time of actually doing "the deed". I had a friend (using the term loosely) who adopted me aggressively as a friend, but she turned out to be a snake, so I played a handy game of "boom I got your boyfriend", and I made out with her boyfriend. As soon as she found out and got mad about it, I released him back into the wild. I didn't want him anyway, but it got rid of her.

Next question: Wash your car yourself, or drive it through the car wash?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wash myself, I can do a better job than the car wash places

On a summer day would you rather wear long pants or shorts?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am kinda of odd... short pants are great (but I'm fine with long pants) For me, it's all about my feet. Barefoot is great for me (in hot weather) BUT... it is going to be 105 deg F Thursday so short pants it is.
I would rather wear long pants and be barefoot than short pants with shoes. Short pants AND barefoot and I'm there.
Going for a nice drive in the country... motorcycle or car (SUV, truck, ect)? Assume if it's a motorcycle, it has has a passenger seat with a backrest.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Going for a nice drive in the country... motorcycle or car (SUV, truck, ect)? Assume if it's a motorcycle, it has has a passenger seat with a backrest.
Hmm, I like a good motorcycle ride, however, if it's on back roads with gravel NO Thank you.
On paved roads, I'm all in for a motorcycle ride :)

If, you had to choose which nightmare you would be in....would it be your Own Nightmare or Freddy Krueger A Nightmare on Elm Street?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If, you had to choose which nightmare you would be in....would it be your Own Nightmare or Freddy Krueger A Nightmare on Elm Street?
I would have said my own... but one night I had a really disturbing dream (actually too much to even say here) so Freddy it is.
Gas or electric stove?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would have said my own... but one night I had a really disturbing dream (actually too much to even say here) so Freddy it is.
Gas or electric stove?
Most definitely Gas. It cooks more evenly and if electricity goes out still able to cook.

Do or don't you use ceiling fans?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do use ceiling fans (in fact, one in every room and two on the back patio)
For cooking: Crisco (trans fat) or lard (saturated fat)?
Related question: "vegetable oil" (polyunsaturated fat) or olive oil (monounsaturated fat)?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Camp fire, just seems right

would you rather have a spider or a wasp in the car with you if you had to deal with one or the other?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Camp fire, just seems right

would you rather have a spider or a wasp in the car with you if you had to deal with one or the other?

I fell asleep in my big chair, so here I am at 230am, shutting down the computer, saw your reply.

You would think the camp fire on the beach is the more inviting thing, but... It could depend on how many are present, and the occasion:

Beach dinner tent.jpeg

Your question is super easy because if it's a wasp, my vapor will either kill it or chase it out. Seriously (here come trolls), nicotine for insect control, and you crack the window in case it wants to flee and survive. A spider would probably just cause me to have a wreck.

Next question: Blankets, quilts or comforter on a really chilly night?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a really nice comforter for that, plus an electric mattress pad to warm up the bed.

You paint a room in your home... do you choose bright loud colors, or something more earth-toned?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You paint a room in your home... do you choose bright loud colors, or something more earth-toned?

I actually think a black painted room could look very handsome, if it's a room with plenty of tall windows for warm natural light. Then with crisp white paint on the doors, trim and moldings, especially if there's crown molding. Then with furnishings in oiled light tone woods or gilt. But I've never been brave enough to try it. I like peaceful colors, flat finish, like dove grey or taupe.

It occurs to me I'd better edit the question, to avoid having the multinational thugs release a 4am SWAT team on me, so: For the bureaucratic tyrants who try to squash our access to vapes, after being tried in a court of law and found guilty of crimes against humanity by corrupting science and suppressing a life saving technology for their own profit motives, should the judge sentence them to hang, be shot, be drowned, be skinned alive, or be locked in a room listening to "Bidi Bidi Bom Bom" in a continuous loop, over and over for the rest of their life?

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I say the whole works, everything, and after that the right to take a whiz on them to boot

Do sleep with a fan on you can get the feel of wind blowing on you while you sleep or have it blow away from you on a warm night?

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I say the whole works, everything, and after the right to take a whiz on them to boot

Do sleep with a fan on you can get the feel of wind blowing on you while you sleep or have it blow away from you on a warm night?
Ceiling fan and the HEPA air purifier. Actually, both run all year. Ceiling fan blows down in summer, up in winter... to circulate the air.

VU Sponsors