Become a Patron!

This setup and build is it safe?

I recently bought the set up from beyond vape which is:
  • Black Beacon Mod
  • Mako RDA
  • AW IMR 18650
I was just wondering if it would be safe enough to do a 0.1 ohm build on it, I have had experience in building in a 0.1 ohm range but I was just wondering would it be safe for this mod and rda. I'm a broke ass college student so I would like to see how this setup works out, I mean for 100 dollars! Breh.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm no battery expert but I believe at .1ohm you would be playing with fire using that battery. You would be pulling almost 40amps and that battery is rated at 10 or 24 amps depending on which one you have. Stick to .4 or above

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
  • Black Beacon Mod
  • Mako RDA
  • AW IMR 18650
I was just wondering if it would be safe enough to do a 0.1 ohm build on it, I have had experience in building in a 0.1 ohm range but I was just wondering would it be safe for this mod and rda. I'm a broke ass college student so I would like to see how this setup works out, I mean for 100 dollars! Breh.
.2 and above is safe if you have a 20+ amp battery. Remember vaping is a pulse of the battery. Not a continuous run which is how most 18650s are rated. The shorter the pulse, the higher the amperage the battery can handle. But that's the electrician in me talking. Research the pulse rating of your batteries.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Seconding that.. If the battery is a 20a cell, don't drop below a 0.2

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
  • Black Beacon Mod
  • Mako RDA
  • AW IMR 18650
wolfe.jpg

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any one vaping below a .15 ohm with a good battery - rated 25 amp - is running with scissors. With that battery nothing below .2 ohm is safe. Don't believe your battery cannot explode. It can. Use steam engine and check charts for your the true output of your battery. On mech mod tubes I only use Sony or Samsung - preferably Sony.

Battery safety IS a big issue. Don't sub ohm if you are not aware of how to build.

VU Sponsors