Become a Patron!

Titanium Coil on IPV 4S Question

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been building with Kanthal for years and tried Nickle for a little but found it difficult to work with. I went to Titanium and found it much easier to work with, however my question is what is a good ohm range to shoot for with titanium if there is any, i have been going around .08 dual coil, and the IPV 4S has Ti mode for Temp but I need to get the temp over 400 most of the time to get any decent hit out of it, I am confused because someone told me a few weeks ago that if i vape nickel at 400 I should set it to 300 for Ti even in Ti mode, I have also noticed the coils have black residue build up after a few days, is this normal the sweetness of the juice or did I not clean the wire enough before I wrapped the coils? any help and advise would be greatly appreciated, what temps do most people use for Ti coils ? The Ti wire I use now is spider silk 26g. I have some more coming from Lightning Vapes

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was running my ti coils at 500 to 525 with 60 to 70 joules on my ipv4s .It would blow clouds like drippers .

packers2430

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was running my ti coils at 500 to 525 with 60 to 70 joules on my ipv4s .It would blow clouds like drippers .
Thank you for your reply, what ohm were you building the coils too, also do you know if the reason my Ti coils have black residue on them after a day or two of vaping is due to not cleaning the wire enough before making the coils?

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the blackness could be from your juice it could be from not cleaning good enough but who knows if it is worry some just build new coil and start over. When you clean the wire before building do you use rubbing alchol? If you do just keep wiping the wire till there is no residue coming of the wire.

VU Sponsors