Become a Patron!

To Date which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for & why?

Which US Presidential candidate will you be voting for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DCxhV8jW0AAE7LJ.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clint Eastwood rides off into sunset. Godspeed.

Isn't this like the third time people are saying he passed?

Last edited:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clint Eastwood rides off into sunset. Godspeed.

Isn't this like the third time people are saying he passed?
http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/06/clint-eastwood-dead-death-hoax-how-old-is/
Clint Eastwood Death Hoax Hits Twitter
A Clint Eastwood death hoax has hit Twitter. An apparent fake news site that is meant to look like CNN reported that the 87-year-old actor died after suffering a heart attack. The site claims that someone called 911 to report an “unresponsive male” at Eastwood’s home.

The actor, who just celebrated his birthday three weeks ago, is believed to be alive and well.

The site, called CNN-Global News, spelled Los Angeles incorrectly (“Las Angeles”) in its first line of reporting. At the bottom of the article, the site uploaded a variety of celebrity tweets, claiming that these were reactions to Eastwood’s passing.

The first one claims to belong to actor Tom Hanks. It reads, “I am lost for words. Some people you just assume with be with you forever. #ClintEastwood.” The date on the tweet is June 19, 2017. However, if you look at Hanks’ Twitter account, his last tweet was posted on June 15, 2017, and has nothing to do with anyone’s death.

The next tweet listed claims to be from Leonardo DiCaprio’s account. It reads, “The world just lost a remarkable savant. I will miss our all night conversations, sipping whiskey and smoking cigars until the sun came up.” Although Leo has been tweeting today, his posts have been focused on saving the ocean.

It appears as though the tweets posted by CNN-Global News have been fabricated in an effort to help validate and spread the rumors. A quick search of these celebrity Twitter pages, however, helps to debunk the story.

This is not the first time that Eastwood has fallen victim to an internet death hoax. Just last month, fake news that the actor “died of natural causes” at his home in Brentwood surfaced. That particular article referred to Eastwood as a “conservative icon” and talks about Eastwood’s “hatred for snowflakes.” Popular death-hoax-debunking site, Snopes, was quick to report that Eastwood did not die last month. It’s only a matter of time before the site posts an update to cover today’s bogus trend.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/06/clint-eastwood-dead-death-hoax-how-old-is/
Clint Eastwood Death Hoax Hits Twitter
A Clint Eastwood death hoax has hit Twitter. An apparent fake news site that is meant to look like CNN reported that the 87-year-old actor died after suffering a heart attack. The site claims that someone called 911 to report an “unresponsive male” at Eastwood’s home.

The actor, who just celebrated his birthday three weeks ago, is believed to be alive and well.

The site, called CNN-Global News, spelled Los Angeles incorrectly (“Las Angeles”) in its first line of reporting. At the bottom of the article, the site uploaded a variety of celebrity tweets, claiming that these were reactions to Eastwood’s passing.

The first one claims to belong to actor Tom Hanks. It reads, “I am lost for words. Some people you just assume with be with you forever. #ClintEastwood.” The date on the tweet is June 19, 2017. However, if you look at Hanks’ Twitter account, his last tweet was posted on June 15, 2017, and has nothing to do with anyone’s death.

The next tweet listed claims to be from Leonardo DiCaprio’s account. It reads, “The world just lost a remarkable savant. I will miss our all night conversations, sipping whiskey and smoking cigars until the sun came up.” Although Leo has been tweeting today, his posts have been focused on saving the ocean.

It appears as though the tweets posted by CNN-Global News have been fabricated in an effort to help validate and spread the rumors. A quick search of these celebrity Twitter pages, however, helps to debunk the story.

This is not the first time that Eastwood has fallen victim to an internet death hoax. Just last month, fake news that the actor “died of natural causes” at his home in Brentwood surfaced. That particular article referred to Eastwood as a “conservative icon” and talks about Eastwood’s “hatred for snowflakes.” Popular death-hoax-debunking site, Snopes, was quick to report that Eastwood did not die last month. It’s only a matter of time before the site posts an update to cover today’s bogus trend.
Thought I remembered something like that. Thanks for the update.

Guess someone really wants him to die already. More power to him.

We ought to send him out to arrest HRC, BHO & the rest!

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Tough to blame the container ship for not seeing a destroyer with the Fitzgerlad's radar signature designed to make it appear like a rowboat
I understand that Arleigh Burke class ships have a somewhat reduced radar cross-section, but "like a rowboat"? Color me skeptical.

until they were right on top of it in poor conditions.
What poor conditions? It was night time, but my understanding is that the weather clear.

Since they are playing at War tactics, the way the Fitzgerald would remain stealthy is to secure her radars so she was not emitting any EMF frequencies that would give away her position and rely on passive systems like passive sonar & LIDAR to track vessels in the immediate area. Both systems should have given them ample warning of a conflict within 150 miles, but with conditions being what they were, if the attention of only two crewmembers was diverted for any reason even for a short time it could have easily caused the disaster.
You seem to be contradicting yourself here. If they can see other traffic within 150 miles (sounds high to me, 'cause that's way, way, way over the horizon) then they'd have far more than a "short time" to react. :)

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand that Arleigh Burke class ships have a somewhat reduced radar cross-section, but "like a rowboat"? Color me skeptical.
You got me - that was an exaggeration. Supposed to appear approximately size of "a small pleasure craft" according to reports I read in Popular Science years ago.

What poor conditions? It was night time, but my understanding is that the weather clear.
Initial reports in Fox News Report I read mentioned poor visibility conditions. (I wasn't there, so don't know.)

You seem to be contradicting yourself here. If they can see other traffic within 150 miles (sounds high to me, 'cause that's way, way, way over the horizon) then they'd have far more than a "short time" to react. :)
I was referring to a combination of passive SONAR & LIDAR. Passive SONAR can easily detect & provide relatively accurate positions/ranging of vessels way, way, way over the horizon while at EMCON. As range closes to LOS, LIDAR is employed to more accurately paint a position for targeting/verification purposes.

Arleigh Burke class ships can also access satellites for real time look down Radar/Imagery/Positioning over the Horizon on narrow beam satcom that would be undetectable to an approaching vessel. Hell they could have gone to Marinetraffic.com to see if that cargo vessel was bearing down on them. Who are we kidding here?

So yes, the destroyer should not have been surprised by the approaching cargo vessel under any conditions if proper procedure was employed unless all these systems were off line for some reason. Cannot imagine what that reason would be under normal circumstances.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Donald is having a lyrics contest:

The Democrats went down to Georgia

They were looking for a house seat to steal

They were in a bind, 'cause they were way behind

They were willing to violate their ""ideals"".

When they came across this young man

Straight from Georgetown and quite the schmuck

And the Dems jumped up on a hickory stump and said

'Boy let me give you $30 million in californian bucks

The boy said, "My name's Jonnie, and it might be a sin,

But I'll take your funds, you're gonna be bummed

because there's no way in hell I'll win!"

Donald J, sharpen up your pen and play your congress hard,

'Cause hell's broke loose in Georgia and George Soros deals the cards

And if you win you'll get this shiny Country made of gold,

But if you lose, then Hillary gets our soul!

Soros opened up his case and he said, "I'll start this show"

And money blew from his fingertips and the billions that he blows

Then a band of demons joined in, Pelosi made an evil hiss

With a gang of crooked dems in suit And it sounded something like this

Fire on the mountain,

RUN JON RUN

Trumps in the house of the rising sun

Side 'o beef and Podesta Say NO

Drainin' the swamp, now Go TRUMP GO!

The Devil bowed her head because she knew that she'd been beat.

And she watched Monica blow Bill on the ground at Donny's feet.

Donny said, "Bitch, just come on back. If you ever wanna try again,

I done beat you once—you dirty old bitch—I'm the best that's ever been."

Podesta's in the shadows, run, kids, run.

Hillary's in a rage, liquored up on rum.

Bernie's still gotta chance, please say it ain't so.

Bill Clinton is a rapist, infowars.com.

They are tweeting it to Charlie Daniels to record.

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does seem like a sneaky move pushing Lynch's documents to the obummer liberry. Not sure it makes too much difference though, it blocks foia access but I don't think it blocks congressional subpoena or POTUS request.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does seem like a sneaky move pushing Lynch's documents to the obummer liberry. Not sure it makes too much difference though, it blocks foia access but I don't think it blocks congressional subpoena or POTUS request.
it blocks the people's access, it blocks access through the freedom of information act...it allows the political class to cover their own lies.

Tpat591

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It does seem like a sneaky move Blatantly Criminal Obstruction of Justice and a Violation of National Security Handling of Classified Material pushing Lynch's documents to the obummer liberry. Not sure it makes too much difference though, it blocks foia access but I don't think it blocks congressional subpoena or POTUS request.
Fixed that for ya!

Last edited:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So imagined this headline differently.
View attachment 84936
Poor woman..
800-x-419-Canvas-347-759x419.png

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/06/whipped-cream-can-instagram-model/

REPORT: INSTAGRAM MODEL KILLED BY EXPLODING WHIPPED CREAM CAN
[WTF is an instagram model?]
A French fitness blogger, Rebecca Burger, reportedly died from a cardiac arrest after a whipped cream canister exploded and hit her in the chest.
According to Business Insider, Burger – who had 160,000 Instagram followers and more than 55,000 Facebook fans – passed away at the weekend.

The BBC reports that she died of a cardiac arrest after the accident even though medics attended to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors