Become a Patron!

Tobacco w/Vanilla Hint Recipe Test

Hello,

This is my first attempt to DIY i have been reading reviews and looking up at descriptions and just to let you know i am mainly looking for a mild smokey woody tobacco flavor mixed with a hint of vanilla as i don't really know what to do put on what and the percentages as well as local stores does not have all the flavors although i come up with a recipe. I would much appreciate your notes on the percentage and the mix.

Hint: i am more of a simple recipe ingredients 2 -3 Max :)

FA Maxx Blend @ 4%
FA Cuban Supreme @ 3%
TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato @ 2%

Thanks

Edit: After the notes what do you think at a starting point:

FA - Cuban Supreme @3%
FA - 7 Leaves Ultimate + FA Maxx Blend @1% each.
FA - Vanilla Bourbon @1%

Last edited:

richu75

Member For 4 Years
I'm not into tobacco's, more of a desert type myself.

But for the recipe I'd suggest cuban supreme and vanilla bourbon, both fa. VBG is more like a 'safe' VBIC.

I think HIC made something along this line of flavour profile, try a search on these forums.

I'm not into tobacco's, more of a desert type myself.

But for the recipe I'd suggest cuban supreme and vanilla bourbon, both fa. VBG is more like a 'safe' VBIC.

I think HIC made something along this line of flavour profile, try a search on these forums.

Thanks for your reply so what is the % should i use when using vanilla bourbon so i don't overpower the tobacco flavor and only get a vanilla note. And yea i am still looking but thanks for your help.

richu75

Member For 4 Years
I'd start with 3 cuban and 1 or 1.5 bourbon. But that is personal.

Just make small batches with 4/1, 3/1 and 2/1 and taste. Find the right mix and than you can up the percentages if you'll find the flavours underwhelming.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can tell you for sure that you will not get any vanilla in that. The maxx blend will drown that out. Start with a low percentage of that one and about half of the Cuban. You'll need a stronger vanilla essence, maybe TFA vanilla swirl or a combination of FA vanillas.
One of the best recipes I've ever tried involving tobacco uses maxx at 1%, and it's definitely noticeable.

@richu75 : Yea i will probably swap the TFA VBG with 1% FA Vanilla Bourbon and keep supreme at 3%.

@Teresa P : Thanks for your note and yea i will be swapping the VBG with stronger one. What do you think of "7 Leaves Ultimate" at 1.5% instead of maxx blend.

@Heabob : Thanks for your note and yea i think i won't be using that anymore :)

I have just edited the recipe at the top :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@richu75 : Yea i will probably swap the TFA VBG with 1% FA Vanilla Bourbon and keep supreme at 3%.

@Teresa P : Thanks for your note and yea i will be swapping the VBG with stronger one. What do you think of "7 Leaves Ultimate" at 1.5% instead of maxx blend.

@Heabob : Thanks for your note and yea i think i won't be using that anymore :)

I have just edited the recipe at the top :)
Actually, maxx and 7 leaves compliment one another perfectly at equal percentages.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INW Vanilla for Pipe is the best vanilla tobacco flavor I've found yet. I'm a sucker for the "pipe" tobacco flavor notes, though. You might get some good results starting with a tobacco base like Flavorah's Cured Tobacco, or Red Burley. Both of those lend to sweetening up with vanillas well.

Besides the Vanilla for Pipe, 10% Vanilin is useful. As is TFA Vanilla Swirl.

I have no love for 7 Leaves, personally, so you're on your own with that one. :)

Shameless plug for a recipe concoction I posted a little ways back, maybe it'll get an idea or two in your head: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/pale-repose-synth-pipe-tobacco-blend.291881/

Good luck, happy mixing!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Teresa P : Thank you very much for your help and i will give it a try and use both of em. I'll post an update as soon as i get the ingredients with and without steeping.
As far as these two particular tobaccos, I've found that they are pretty much vape ready. The maxx and 7 leaves don't really change after steeping. That's one of the reasons I like them together as I'm impatient. ;) ...the vanilla additions, however, may require a little time to "shine."

VU Sponsors