Become a Patron!

Todd's First Product... The HAAR RTA

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like a tight draw. Like your butt hole when you almost drive your lawnmower off a retaining wall. Lol. Looks good though. But I think he likes a tight draw

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Almost want to break my self-imposed no-more-vape-buying-ban --- mainly because I have loved every attie I ever got based on Todd's opinion; conversely, every attie I got despite his low opinion I regretted buying after trying for myself, lol

My biggest critique - the etching is distracting and not very attractive IMO

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Almost want to break my self-imposed no-more-vape-buying-ban --- mainly because I have loved every attie I ever got based on Todd's opinion; conversely, every attie I got despite his low opinion I regretted buying after trying for myself, lol

My biggest critique - the etching is distracting and not very attractive IMO

I feel the same way... when it comes to restricted or loose MTL, I find he vapes very similarly as I prefer...

His RTA looks interesting in design, but that lower cloud engraving... to much for me... the main one, I can live with, although In my opinion, I think the only places manufactures should emblazon their markings is the bottom, deck, and the top area near the drip tip... leave everything else clean.

mt01631

Member For 4 Years
I do wonder about having the air slot and the single hole only on one side though. I'm not sure of the logic behind that, but this is only an intro video.

It's dual sided though buddy and you can adjust anyway you like.

The one sided airflow is just another option on the AFC, mainly so people could take it down really tight.

Hope this explains it a bit better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I personally like the engravings. A little cloud is nice. The RTA looks looks really well made. I like thick glass tanks and e-juice level I can see until the bottom though.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I like the atty design, looks like the Rose :giggle: jokes aside think it’ll be a good vape, I’m on the fence and haven’t pre-ordered it yet, I like V&D products and like Todd and do like to support them, however

3 things

worried about the restriction on the draw...made that mistake before buying an atty and I hated the airflow afterwards, so until more get it in hand and are willing to compare it to other well known atties I’m not gonna take a punt at the price point....the theatro is borderline too tight on the draw for me so if this is more restricted I won’t get on with it.

Like many not overly fussed on the engravings around the bottom of it, it’s nice plain... let the atty do the talking, although it certainly isn’t a deal breaker

V&D have historically been against outsourcing (this being put together in Hong Kong), not sure why the change in tact announced at pre-order stage...it does lower the price of the unit to buy which is great for us, but to me it goes against the principles they stated historically somewhat...kind of liked investing in home growns so few of them these days.

mt01631

Member For 4 Years
Design, draw and waiting till actual users have it in their hands for "real" feedback, I agree with 100%

As for the Hong Kong thing, that was the decision from the start, we wanted to make something that would be more accessible but give the same performance and quality that people expect from V&D

It would have been an easy choice making this in the same location as the theatro but the cost would have been double for the consumer.

If folk buy it and like it, we'll be happy campers, if they don't, well there are plenty other options for them these days and as long as they are off the stinkie stick, I'm happy :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
as long as they are off the stinkie stick, I'm happy :)

completely agree

should state I’m not a vape snob, far from it, those who know me here know some of my favourite atties come out of China...perfectly happy vaping all sorts ....just getting at the V&D brand alignment, I do understand the accessibility and price point aspect....I dunno just not a decision I thought I’d see V&D make I guess

Still anyway it’s besides the point, it’s done, so I wish you all the best of luck with it Mark. May it be the start of a successful new journey for you :)

gonna be weird seeing other people review something you came out with right? Haha

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
completely agree

should state I’m not a vape snob, far from it, those who know me here know some of my favourite atties come out of China...perfectly happy vaping all sorts ....just getting at the V&D brand alignment, I do understand the accessibility and price point aspect....I dunno just not a decision I thought I’d see V&D make I guess

Still anyway it’s besides the point, it’s done, so I wish you all the best of luck with it Mark. May it be the start of a successful new journey for you :)

gonna be weird seeing other people review something you came out with right? Haha
Do t have to be Hemo to get this one. If it's not a knats ass draw I'll probably pick it up to support Mr Todd. I was recently kicked to my shed with my woodworking so I feel like we have that shed Bond. Lol

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Do t have to be Hemo to get this one. If it's not a knats ass draw I'll probably pick it up to support Mr Todd. I was recently kicked to my shed with my woodworking so I feel like we have that shed Bond. Lol
:giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
RTAs are normally not what I like. This one looks dandy. I might have to watch for it and save some nickles to buy it. :) It might fit on the Vindicator tube mod. Ah.

Psst, please make a squonky RDA. :) Wait, I take that back. My wife would likely nab it. All because you'd make it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Is this going to be available in the US?

I'm ready to give this one a shot :bingo:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks

Vapinart is not taking pre-orders on it but do have it listed

Might have to bend over and get it from over the pond anyway

This is my first hardware purchase in 2020 - though it was supposed to be a no purchases year, hahaha

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They are not accepting orders yet or even have a list price posted

Wanted to nail it down before I change my mind hahaha

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
They are not accepting orders yet or even have a list price posted

Wanted to nail it down before I change my mind hahaha

let me know what you think of the draw Lucy please :) can you compare to hadaly draw if you don’t mind as we both have that
:vino:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Since he can’t do himself and obviously wouldn’t anyway in here (gonna call it out) ...Mark is presently running a charity raffle with the very haar he used as his final prototype 0001, amongst some other awesome goodies (really pretty mod from milo mods, cloud 9 cotton, PC coils)...all monies always go direct to the great causes and nowhere near mark, charities are voted on by the shed FB group at the beginning of the year...details for this particular charity are on his YouTube page if you weren’t aware, and he runs them monthly (for the most part)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Since he can’t do himself and obviously wouldn’t anyway in here (gonna call it out) ...Mark is presently running a charity raffle with the very haar he used as his final prototype 0001, amongst some other awesome goodies (really pretty mod from milo mods, cloud 9 cotton, PC coils)...all monies always go direct to the great causes and nowhere near mark, charities are voted on by the shed FB group at the beginning of the year...details for this particular charity are on his YouTube page if you weren’t aware, and he runs them monthly (for the most part)

The charity raffles are flat out awesome - I won in one of Todd's charity raffles awhile back - thrilling experience

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The charity raffles are flat out awesome - I won in one of Todd's charity raffles awhile back - thrilling experience

I bet! not been fortunate enough to win one yet, doesn’t matter though good causes more important and what it’s all about, nice thing to do to give something back

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's called: alerts from Vapinart LMAO

Mine finally made it to Chicago International Distribution Center from SteamIsland - we'll see if it gets in my actual hand before Saturday
Hmm. I never got one and I've ordered from them before. :)

I'm gonna hate myself for this, but I ordered one from them. Really couldn't afford it right now.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't believe that Todd would associate himself with a product that he didn't really believe was worth the asking price. That's number one. It would undo a reputation that he's built over several years.

As for the Hong Kong thing? I really don't care. If it's made well then it's made well. Who cares where it was made well? There's no doubt that there are outfits over there that are fully capable of first rate manufacturing. And for a lot less money.

The design looks to be a nice combination of stuff to play with and ease of use.

The top juice flow took me aback at first. I was thinking to myself that that is either going to be awesome or be a gurgling leaking nightmare if you don't nail the wicking. I've not seen a single peep suggesting that it's an issue.

Everything I've seen so far says that the performance is WAY up there. If USPS can get it to me before the world ends, I guess I'll find out.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VapinArt is a great vendor for sure

I didn't want to wait to order in case stuff went wrong with the world situation being what it is

Plus, I stopped being on top of the game like I used to do, so this was a pretty big deal to me

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VapinArt is a great vendor for sure

I didn't want to wait to order in case stuff went wrong with the world situation being what it is

Plus, I stopped being on top of the game like I used to do, so this was a pretty big deal to me
Oh I totally get it. On both counts. I was going to hold off myself, but then thought it might sell out fairly quick and all bets are off for future purchases at this point. We don't know where we're going to be at Christmas time.

I need to get off the top of the game myself. At least for a while. I have bought some stuff lately that is well into the outta my price range... range.

But who knows what we're going to able to get and for how long. I see some shameless gauging in the future if things go like they're looking.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was going to hold off myself, but them thought it might sell out fairly quick and all bets are off for future purchases at this point.

This big time ^^^

I need to get off the top of the game myself.

I needed to also - was spending the equivalent or more as the price of a new car payment every month for awhile there - but, if you are in the US, you really need to stock up for the rest of your life if you haven't already

But who knows what we're going to able to get and for how long.

Really did want this one - Todd is my go-to reviewer, hands down

And as the clock ticks nearer to possible vapocalypse, the past year and a half, when something really potentially awesome comes along I feel left out :p

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Haar is already in Detroit. Which means I might see it by Halloween.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mine supposedly left Honolulu this morning - might see it by Tuesday at this rate

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mine is out for delivery as per USPS but still will have to wait for cruel and uncaring private PO Box people to give it up ?

VU Sponsors