Become a Patron!

Too Little Flavor

Hello. I've been vaping for only two months and not very heavily. I'm finding it unsatisfying because the flavor is so muted. I'm more interested in big flavor than a nicotine hit. I've tried a few tobacco-flavored e-juices, one with 6 mg of nicotine and a couple with zero. I added menthol e-juice to one, but it didn't help much. The local shop attributed the lack of flavor to my device, an Aspire Breeze. Can that be the problem? With so little flavor, I find myself trying to compensate by vaping more, but that really isn't helping.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't have the experience with pod systems, but I can tell you that it took a bit for my taste buds to wake up, after I quit smoking. Hopefully that's all that's going on. Be sure to drink plenty of water, vaping can really dry out your mouth, which can also affect taste.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Will be a third voice in congruence. It takes some time for returning of tastes. Not tried pod systems either. Noticed a vast difference in flavor in switching to RDAs versus using Evod style and other kinds of tanks, RDAs for me seem to offer more flavor. Currently, alternating between Gorge & Wasp Nano RDAs. Both of these have their respective pros and cons, both though provide flavorful vaping.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello. I've been vaping for only two months and not very heavily. I'm finding it unsatisfying because the flavor is so muted. I'm more interested in big flavor than a nicotine hit. I've tried a few tobacco-flavored e-juices, one with 6 mg of nicotine and a couple with zero. I added menthol e-juice to one, but it didn't help much. The local shop attributed the lack of flavor to my device, an Aspire Breeze. Can that be the problem? With so little flavor, I find myself trying to compensate by vaping more, but that really isn't helping.

Thanks for any suggestions.
You're not going to get big flavor with pod devices/kits. You need more power, bigger/better coils to get better flavor. Most of the newer kits come with a tank that has mesh coils. Most of the mesh coils I've used have been good on flavor (if not great), and I've tried a lot. You just need better equipment.

Thanks, all of you. I'm trying a 3mg spearmint juice, and I can taste some mint. I'm not a cigarette smoker but pipe smoker. Pipe tobacco can have very big flavors. So maybe that plus the limits of AIO systems is what's keeping me from really enjoying vaping. I'll keep trying

Thanks again!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU Schwenck. Maybe try a fruit or fruit/menthol to see if that wakes up the taste buds a bit.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome. I also have a breeze. It's convenient but lives in a drawer because of it's lack of flavor. If your set on a small decvice and/or not ready to move to a box mod style and more advanced atomizers try the (can't believe I'm saying this) Smok Nord or the Lost Vape Orion. The Nord is a device similar to the breeze but the flavor is night and day different. The Orion is like a really small box mod and very well built.

Can anyone recommend something that will deliver really big flavor without being one of those large complicated units? I'd like to keep it simple. Thanks.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can anyone recommend something that will deliver really big flavor without being one of those large complicated units? I'd like to keep it simple. Thanks.
You can get a tube kit.
  • OBS Draco
  • Smok Stick V8, V9
  • Eleaf IJust 3
  • Vaporesso makes one with a Cascade baby se or something.
  • Freemax makes a new one called the Twister. I bet big flavor.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Please nobody yell or call me names. Prince Stick with a mesh coil. I know it is a Smok. But at like $30? I aquired one by accident and I use it alot. I use the tank on all my mods and the stick to go out. Really the prince tank imo is the best Smok product to come about.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
maybe a MTL unit would help too, like an aspire zelos kit?
I have the aspire breeze2 and the flavor is s little mild compare to the zelos. I also notice the breeze coils doesnt have a consistent quality..

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
An option to consider IMO would be something like the Horizontech Falcon sub-ohm tank with the M1 mesh coils, and a reasonable quality dual 18650 battery mod to go with that. The M1 coils contain 30% wood pulp so you don't have to wait as long between consecutive drags to prevent getting dry hits, when compared to using other types of drop-in (i.e., factory premade) coils. One of the downsides is that you need to "prime" your new coil, after which it takes 10 minutes of patience before you can start vaping on it but, on the plus side, it's really easy to do, and the coil should last a really very long time after that, giving you a pretty huge flavor upgrade over the setup that you currently are using. But another downside IME is that flavor can, and does, get even much better if you are willing to get and learn how to properly use a good quality RBA (i.e., rebuildable atomizer) with (a) good quality coil(s) that just about any person can learn to build, with a bit of patience and a basic set of tools and building materials. As for the size and portability, that might be yet another downside if you prefer to keep it really small. Pod systems tend to fit in that category better, so... if that's how you want to vape, then the Lost Vape Orion DNA Go is what I'll recommend for flavor despite its fairly high price tag (that is, for a pod system). But I probably should add that, to a lot of people, size and portability don't always matter all day long. So if that's your case, then you might want to consider going for both of the aforementioned options/choices excepting of course if you don't like to sub-ohm because, after all, vaping preferences are subjective. (All I'm saying is, you could decide to sub-ohm during those moments when your choice of vaping style isn't limited by the size and portability factor nor is limited by the social acceptance of producing a bigger cloud factor, and then just live through the gaps in between by using the Orion DNA Go pod system.)

Would someone clarify for me when I should use a sub-ohm coil and when I should use an above-ohm coil with an AIO device? I see contradictory information on YouTube.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Some are starting to offer airflow options and will generally offer at least 2 coils. Most dl subohm and mtl above ohm.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Above-ohms are for nic salts, am I correct? What is the advantage of nic salts?
For either freebase or salts. The only real difference between the two is throat hit. Salts are very smooth so can be used at a higher percentage. Generally above ohm vaper's use higher nic mg which is why some are using salts. I mix with salts because I dislike th but love citrus juices. I drip 3mg salts and mix 8-9mg salts in rtas and tanks. My builds are usually .3-.42 resistance and dl/rl draw.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well it seems you are chasing the same flavor you got from pipe tobacco...if that is the case you might wanna try NET juices,Naturally Extracted Tobacco juices...or give up on tobacco flavors and just stick to non tobacco flavors for awhile...but I gotta say for alot of people.. one of the hardest things you come up against as a new vaper is finding a juice you really like. don't get discouraged you'll crack this nut.

Last edited:
well it seems you are chasing the same flavor you got from pipe tobacco...if that is the case you might wanna try NET juices,Naturally Extracted Tobacco juices...or give up on tobacco flavors and just stick to non tobacco flavors for awhile...but I gotta say for alot of people.. one of the hardest things you come up against as a new vaper is finding a juice you really like. don't get discouraged you'll crack this nut.

I think you are right. I'll check out NET juices, but I'm inclined to leave the tobacco-flavored juices alone for now and move in another direction. I picked up a watermelon/grape juice, which tasted pretty good at the vape shop. I'll see how that goes. Menthol juice also seems promising. I believe I should not think in terms of replicating the pipe-smoking experience but should take vaping on its own terms. Using an above-ohm coil seems to be helping. Thank you.

VU Sponsors