Become a Patron!

TOP 10 REASONS ECIGS ARE BETTER THAN SMOKING

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm gonna make my own top 10. Most of the OP's top 10 can be categorized into health benefits and personal presentation....

1: Plainly obvious health benefits from not smoking (cardiovascular, pulmonary, dental, anti-carcinogenic, etc)

2: Plainly obvious personal presentation benefits of not smoking (smelling like crap, tooth yellowing)

3: You can vape indoors at home, or in the car, which certainly matters when it's 10 degrees or 100 degrees outside. No need to crack a window.

4: Flavor selection. Anyone seen Marlboro Strawberry Cheesecake Cigarettes? I didn't think so :).

5: As long as you don't go crazy with hardware, it's a money saving enterprise.

6: Big clouds are fun. 'Nuff said.

7: No calories! Instead of finishing that bag of Doritos that will only make you hate yourself, why not go for a vape?

8: As long as the nicotine level is appropriate for you, you can vape all day!

9. Cigarettes aren't cool anymore; that was soooooo 1990's. High technology and nerdy electronic equations are cool now. Have you seen Glee and High school Musical? :p

10: Here's the big kicker... Nicotine on its own is considered to be neuroprotective. Whaaaa? That's right, just like a glass of red wine a day provides antioxidants for heart health and cancer prevention, nicotine (preferably not from cigarettes) has been shown to slow the rate of neural apoptosis (translation: Brain and nerve cells essentially killing themselves), and therefore prevent the worsening of cognitive impairment, Alzheimer's Dementia, and generalized dementia.

So, not only is vaping (versus smoking) linked to undoing the damage of smoking, it can actually be beneficial in and of itself.

I like this list better than the OP's! lol. #10 especially. I drip 8mg's of nic and I'm staying right there. I need to work on the munchies and work on the hardware spending. I'm under control when it comes to mods, but I keep wanting a new dripper ever 3-4 weeks lol. The messed up part on that, I'll use the new dripper for a bit, find something wrong with it, and go back to my daily driver.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like this list better than the OP's! lol. #10 especially. I drip 8mg's of nic and I'm staying right there. I need to work on the munchies and work on the hardware spending. I'm under control when it comes to mods, but I keep wanting a new dripper ever 3-4 weeks lol. The messed up part on that, I'll use the new dripper for a bit, find something wrong with it, and go back to my daily driver.

Haha, hey bro, we're all imperfect. I myself could stand to lay off the pretzels and pasta myself. And who doesn't cave in to an impulse buy now and then.

I just wrote a post specific to the neurological benefits of nicotine in the health section of the forum. There, you will find a link to a well written article (not terribly long, would take 10 mins of your time) that explains all this. It's fascinating... Tobacco is still the Great Satan, but nicotine in and of itself is not.

HazeKraze

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I totally agree. Vaping has a lot of benefits, but I still wonder why most of the people are stick to smoking like anything. Most of them haven't even considered leaving it. I found out wrote about a recently revealed study on it conducted by US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention which included 21 counties, clearly states that a least percentage of smokers is ready to quit it. You can read details here: http://hazekraze.com/smokers-say-no-to-quit/

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They need the right coaching and the right information, and a lot of them don't get it.

Many vapers start out with those garbage cigalikes from the gas station, hate them (understandably) and forsake their whole endeavor. Or, their local vape shop is run by kids who don't give a hoot, and they wind up with cheap/inappropriate equipment for their needs, again leading them down a road of failure.

I got the right coaching. Not only here, but also the chat reps on the site I use for e-Juice. Yeah, their job is to sell juice, but they were also more than happy to recommend hardware and accessories (even though they don't sell that). Also got info about priming coils, steeping, building coils (coming soon), and just friendly vape conversation.

This is why I am the self-dubbed Vape Crusader. I hit my "victims" with a lot of information, and offer to help them search online or in store for good products. Heck, I even let some of them hit my mod first :).

Get out the rubbing alcohol :p

Vaping is healthier than smoking. E-Cigarettes have the potential to reduce the risk from smoking. E-cigarettes are designed and made to look like cigarettes. You can put it in your mouth, puff through, and inhale/exhale the vapor. They give you the same feeling and taste as smoking cigarettes but without the harmful ingredients.
Yeah the health benefits are just night and day. I hate when I'm at work and I go outside to vape and co-workers try to tell me "you know its still the same as smoking..." Man!! That really pisses me off when people do that shit. I just say to them "BULLSHIT! AND SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH!" Then I share with them how my health has turned around since I started vaping, and I wish a year ago I had quit and went all vape before. I was diagnosed with bronchitis that wouldn't go away. The doc I saw tried to pin it down as chronic bronchitis or COPD. I didn't quit smoking as I didn't feel it was fair that my wife could smoke all she wanted and I was left with a damn respiratory issue. I was put on Advair twice a day and a rescue inhaler which I would use 6 - 8 times a day.

44 days after I've quite smoking and gone 100% vape, I'm weening myself off the Advair (that shit fucked me up more than smoking and wasn't necessary); I'm down to 1 puff a day of that and hopefully next week I'll have the balls to go once every other day with it. I use my rescue inhaler only once a day. I read some bad shit about Advair that the samburterol in it will cause your airway to tense up and constrict more if you don't use it or stop immediately. That scared me... I'd rather be on my vaporizer for the rest of my life than some jacked up steroid that could potentially cause me more serious problems. But, it sure is nice to wake up from a nap and not feel like I'm about to die fumbling around for my rescue inhaler, or wake up first thing in the morning with the same feeling.

Now I just have to get my wife to quit... thats a completely different story.
Yeah the health benefits are just night and day. I hate when I'm at work and I go outside to vape and co-workers try to tell me "you know its still the same as smoking..." Man!! That really pisses me off when people do that shit. I just say to them "BULLSHIT! AND SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH!" Then I share with them how my health has turned around since I started vaping, and I wish a year ago I had quit and went all vape before. I was diagnosed with bronchitis that wouldn't go away. The doc I saw tried to pin it down as chronic bronchitis or COPD. I didn't quit smoking as I didn't feel it was fair that my wife could smoke all she wanted and I was left with a damn respiratory issue. I was put on Advair twice a day and a rescue inhaler which I would use 6 - 8 times a day.

44 days after I've quite smoking and gone 100% vape, I'm weening myself off the Advair (that shit fucked me up more than smoking and wasn't necessary); I'm down to 1 puff a day of that and hopefully next week I'll have the balls to go once every other day with it. I use my rescue inhaler only once a day. I read some bad shit about Advair that the samburterol in it will cause your airway to tense up and constrict more if you don't use it or stop immediately. That scared me... I'd rather be on my vaporizer for the rest of my life than some jacked up steroid that could potentially cause me more serious problems. But, it sure is nice to wake up from a nap and not feel like I'm about to die fumbling around for my rescue inhaler, or wake up first thing in the morning with the same feeling.

Now I just have to get my wife to quit... thats a completely different story.
Yes,i can't agree more than that.

drackeo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Just have an issue with No. 9.....

Yah you could do it in public places but that doesn't mean you ALWAYS should. Time and place people.... Its people who do this that give the majority of us a bad name. I mean whats worse for our image then a guy or gal walking into the local grocery store exhaling massive billowing clouds right in someones face. The cherry is berating the employees when they ask for you to please go out side to do it. And before you ask this happens in my local stores all the time, also its illegal in my state so theres also that. Your not the only person in the store..... Just saying.

I've been thinking about doing a full topic on this. It happens a lot around me.

Also im all for vaping in your buddy's house (if he/she allows) or in your own house or your local shop. Im talking ONLY about public places indoors. But shout out to OP for the asking permission part of no.9 when in doubt ask the owner.... even if it was a copy paste it still needs to be said ever now and then.

"I like your reasons. I agree with your reasons. Basically vape pen is better than smoking because it is not harmful to our body & as well as to our environment for the air pollution. The main reasons of vape pen is to decrease the habit of smoking."

I started vaping about 2 and a half years ago primarily due to the cost of cigarettes in the Chicago Illinois metro area with the corrupt taxes they charge. after vaping for a few weeks and trying the awesome flavors...mostly vape strawberry custard or strawberry cheesecake flavors I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it. now I have an ipv4 with the tobeco super tank mini... the super tank mini I just got yesterday from my local shop... was using a dripper but that is kind of a pain when out walking the dog or driving. I don't think I will ever go back to cigarettes again..... however I do like my occasional Cuban cigar or my hookah

Ecigclopedia

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
About 6th point we can argue.
It depend on habits and how often do you vape.
Sometimes it can get even more expensive, but health improvements are indispensable.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I recently had a slip and fall which resulted in a broken hip. When I was speaking to the surgeon before my operation he asked about smoking. I said that I had started vaping. He congratulated me on quitting smoking and pointed out that it was a healthier option as I was no longer lighting up tobacco and inhaling the smoke into my lungs. Some medical professionals do support vaping.

My doctor is also in favor, as it's the only thing that could possibly have helped me quit smoking -- he was resigned to the fact that I was never going to quit, and looked all-out electrified when I marched in and announced that thx to vaping, I had FINALLY quit smoking.

But as for the residual smell... they actually do leave a residual smell, it's just fainter and better (by a factor of about a million) than the funk of stale smoke -- in the morning, if I put on the same shirt I was wearing the day before, it smells like a bakery, and the inside of our truck smells like a bakery now, instead of a filthy ashtray, even when I haven't been in it in days -- my husband is delighted with it, since he drives it everyday back and forth to work.

Andria

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My doctor is also in favor, as it's the only thing that could possibly have helped me quit smoking -- he was resigned to the fact that I was never going to quit, and looked all-out electrified when I marched in and announced that thx to vaping, I had FINALLY quit smoking.

But as for the residual smell... they actually do leave a residual smell, it's just fainter and better (by a factor of about a million) than the funk of stale smoke -- in the morning, if I put on the same shirt I was wearing the day before, it smells like a bakery, and the inside of our truck smells like a bakery now, instead of a filthy ashtray, even when I haven't been in it in days -- my husband is delighted with it, since he drives it everyday back and forth to work.

Andria

The surgeons were on board. My GP, not so much, and it was an issue when I went to an osteoporosis clinic but I was firm in that this is not something I am willing to give up at the moment. I will take the supplements they have recommended and go for my next follow-up with the hope that no further bone loss has happened. Life is stressful enough. This works for me and is nowhere near as harmful.

As for the smell, I sometimes shut my office door at work and will vape discreetly. My CEO walked in the other day and thought the amazing smell was from the blend of tea I was sipping at the time! I wasn't going to tell her it was my vape.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The surgeons were on board. My GP, not so much, and it was an issue when I went to an osteoporosis clinic but I was firm in that this is not something I am willing to give up at the moment. I will take the supplements they have recommended and go for my next follow-up with the hope that no further bone loss has happened. Life is stressful enough. This works for me and is nowhere near as harmful.

As for the smell, I sometimes shut my office door at work and will vape discreetly. My CEO walked in the other day and thought the amazing smell was from the blend of tea I was sipping at the time! I wasn't going to tell her it was my vape.

Yeah my doctor knows me well enough to know... it's either vaping... or smoking -- one or the other. He's actually been advocating Harm Reduction for many years, telling me if I couldn't quit smoking, to try and cut down as much as I could -- I went friom 3.5 pks a day, to about 3/4-1pk a day, at the time I started vaping. When I was telling him all about vaping, he did ask if it was something I would quit after a while, like other NRT. I told him I didn't know, but if I ever did, it wouldn't be for years, given that I smoked for 39 yrs, and he thought that was probably wise, not to try and quit it too soon. It takes a long time to change a habit of such long standing.

Andria

serenity219

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah my doctor knows me well enough to know... it's either vaping... or smoking -- one or the other. He's actually been advocating Harm Reduction for many years, telling me if I couldn't quit smoking, to try and cut down as much as I could -- I went friom 3.5 pks a day, to about 3/4-1pk a day, at the time I started vaping. When I was telling him all about vaping, he did ask if it was something I would quit after a while, like other NRT. I told him I didn't know, but if I ever did, it wouldn't be for years, given that I smoked for 39 yrs, and he thought that was probably wise, not to try and quit it too soon. It takes a long time to change a habit of such long standing.

Andria
For me, it was 35 years. The most I ever smoked was a pack a day, although before I quit I was at half a pack. At the time I quit a pack was about $17 (you could get cheap brands for $14) so it was really expensive. Vaping just made more sense to me. You don't expose yourself to the hundreds of chemicals in a lit cigarette, it tastes better and the list of reasons goes on.

cloud9city

Unlisted Vendor
The future is here! combustion smoking days are going to die and the e-cig revolution will start! Which is now!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The future is here! combustion smoking days are going to die and the e-cig revolution will start! Which is now!

AFTER we convince our gov't bozos.

Andria

SantosPerea

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like ecig is better option than smoking.. I hope I could find more reasons with my own experience..

cloudking666

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
10 reasons electronic cigarettes are better than smoking

1) Electronic cigarettes don't produce any second hand smoke. In fact they don't produce any smoke. They produce a propylene glycol based vapor, much the same as theatrical smoke machines, but in lower quantities of course

2) E-Cigs don't create cigarette butts. The Instead ECigs use eliquid to refill the plastic cartridges over and over again to reduce waste even further

3)No Tar! As mentioned, e-cigarettes produce vapor, not smoke, so they don't contain the tar that burning tobacco creates

4)No more yellow. E-cigarettes won't turn your teeth or fingers yellow.

5)Smokey Bear thanks you. Electronic cigarettes don't burn

6)Cost. E-cigarettes can save you money, specifically if you use eliquid to refill cartridges. Do the math. One bottle of eliquid is approximately equivalent to 300 tobacco cigarettes.

7)Vapor doesn't give you bad breath. Smoke does.

8 )There is no hydrogen cyanide in e-cigarette vapor

9)You may be able to smoke your e-cigarette where you can't normally smoke. Please ask permission before e-smoking in non smoking areas

10)The smell. E-Cigarettes do have some smell when they are actually being used...but it is very minimal and often not noticeable. There is no smell on the esmoker after esmoking, unlike tobacco smoke which sticks to hands, clothes, and everything else

100% agree with this

hollynorth

Member For 4 Years
Electronic cigarettes is best for smoking. You can save your money. Your teeth & mind will be fresh after using this. E cigarettes has no hydrogen vapor. Don't take permission when you smoke e cigarettes. Don't use lighter. We produce various flavour e cigarettes flavour which is very healthier.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Electronic cigarettes is best for smoking. You can save your money. Your teeth & mind will be fresh after using this. E cigarettes has no hydrogen vapor. Don't take permission when you smoke e cigarettes. Don't use lighter. We produce various flavour e cigarettes flavour which is very healthier.

If you're SMOKING an e-cigarette, you're doing it wrong; there's not supposed to be any smoke. Just vapor. So if you're doing it RIGHT, you're VAPING. Not smoking.

NOTsmoking.jpg

Andria

LouieAbouassali

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
E-cigarettes are more effective than nicotine patches and gum in helping people to quit smoking.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bit of an anecdote offering the reason that e-cigs/vaping is sexy. Recently, due to me having one of those days I wound up going to the emergency room of our local hospital. I had gotten a nip bite from a dog because I had tried separating dogs from fighting. Well, the E.R. was running slowly as other area hospitals were booked up and not accepting transfers readily. Our local hospital is more of feel good clinic, or basic life support staging and way station you see?

I had time to set in the waiting room. The intake nurse had told me I could not go on home. I stepped outside to go vape. Here comes the intake nurse, chiding that I had better stay. She then saw me taking a drag. "Oh, out smoking are you?"
I started saying I was vaping but wound up agreeing that it was about the same as a smoke. She stood outside with me a few minutes. "You know, you drawing on that is getting me turned on to wanting a smoke or vape. I better go back in. Have some papers to get sorted."

So, to me that enforces vaping as being a sexy act. I suppose up to a point smoking cigarettes could be seen as sexy, until you have the ash, the stink.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bit of an anecdote offering the reason that e-cigs/vaping is sexy. Recently, due to me having one of those days I wound up going to the emergency room of our local hospital. I had gotten a nip bite from a dog because I had tried separating dogs from fighting. Well, the E.R. was running slowly as other area hospitals were booked up and not accepting transfers readily. Our local hospital is more of feel good clinic, or basic life support staging and way station you see?

I had time to set in the waiting room. The intake nurse had told me I could not go on home. I stepped outside to go vape. Here comes the intake nurse, chiding that I had better stay. She then saw me taking a drag. "Oh, out smoking are you?"
I started saying I was vaping but wound up agreeing that it was about the same as a smoke. She stood outside with me a few minutes. "You know, you drawing on that is getting me turned on to wanting a smoke or vape. I better go back in. Have some papers to get sorted."

So, to me that enforces vaping as being a sexy act. I suppose up to a point smoking cigarettes could be seen as sexy, until you have the ash, the stink.

I just thought vaping was better because you can sneak a vape a lot more easily than sneaking a smoke -- hospitals around here, you can't even smoke outdoors if you're on their property; when I got parked into an ER cubicle for 9 hrs before my appendectomy, I just vaped in there -- nobody knew. When we were camped at the hospital when my mom was dying, I just went into the bathroom there in the waiting area and vaped in there; nobody knew -- except my husband, and one of my cousins who kept telling me how great I smelled, "like vanilla," she said. ;)

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just thought vaping was better because you can sneak a vape a lot more easily than sneaking a smoke -- hospitals around here, you can't even smoke outdoors if you're on their property; when I got parked into an ER cubicle for 9 hrs before my appendectomy, I just vaped in there -- nobody knew. When we were camped at the hospital when my mom was dying, I just went into the bathroom there in the waiting area and vaped in there; nobody knew -- except my husband, and one of my cousins who kept telling me how great I smelled, "like vanilla," she said. ;)

Andria

:) Well, I think maybe said nurse might have just had a minor shine on toward me & also just wanted to get out and get a breath of fresh air. It seems when people comprehend you freebase testosterone daily they presume you to have a high rate of sexual virility, and most people do quite enjoy sex. ;) :) "Ah, he uses testosterone. I bet he can go all night long ...' I will be honest, that for me is one those open ended subjects, it all depends on various factors. :) Not that anyone needed to know genuinely, merely saying what is fact for me.

Darn you and your vanilla. I have to find a good Ry4 blend yet in order to enjoy some nice, sweet vanilla. Need a blend that does not linger in the air as the odor aggravates my wife. For now I'm switching out to fruit flavors, without menthol. Sure the menthol might be safer in the vaping form but I am still drawing away from it simply for risk reduction.

Well, off to attend laundry and fetching down another wheelbarrow load of firewood. :) Run 'er slow.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
:) Well, I think maybe said nurse might have just had a minor shine on toward me & also just wanted to get out and get a breath of fresh air. It seems when people comprehend you freebase testosterone daily they presume you to have a high rate of sexual virility, and most people do quite enjoy sex. ;) :) "Ah, he uses testosterone. I bet he can go all night long ...' I will be honest, that for me is one those open ended subjects, it all depends on various factors. :) Not that anyone needed to know genuinely, merely saying what is fact for me.

Darn you and your vanilla. I have to find a good Ry4 blend yet in order to enjoy some nice, sweet vanilla. Need a blend that does not linger in the air as the odor aggravates my wife. For now I'm switching out to fruit flavors, without menthol. Sure the menthol might be safer in the vaping form but I am still drawing away from it simply for risk reduction.

Well, off to attend laundry and fetching down another wheelbarrow load of firewood. :) Run 'er slow.

Well, it's actually strawberry & cream, but one of the ingredients is TFA Vanilla Swirl, plus also DX Bavarian, so apparently the vanilla scent is more lingering than the fruity scent. Once I mentioned the strawberry to her, she became aware of it too, but it wasn't the top note. And I think that's valid, since my strawberry & cream is really more like strawberry custard; during the holidays, we've been drinking a lot of egg nog, and now everytime I fill up my Achilles, I smell the same thing as I smell from the egg nog; I guess it's the custardy smell.

Andria

hollynorth

Member For 4 Years
The electronic cigarette has no smell, no second hand smoke and none of the 4,000+ chemicals you find in a tobacco cigarette. It won’t stain your teeth, the cost after initial purchase can be much lower than traditional cigarettes and they can usually be used in non-smoking areas. The e-cigarette it self is not healthy nor is it unhealthy; as it is just an electronic devise for vaporizing the liquid.

There are so many benefits of using e-cigarettes

No flame, so no burning tobacco
No unpleasant smells clinging to your clothes, or lingering in your home
No more dirty ashtrays, or looking for lighters /matches
Take a puff where and when ever you want
Satisfies your craving for nicotine, as with a cigarette
Controllable nicotine intake, or even no nicotine at all
Not banned under the smoking ban
No passive smoking
Less expensive

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Its true. Vaping are better than smoking. Vaping was first viewed as the most recent transitional and precise strategy to help stop smoking cigarettes. These days however it is viewed as to a greater degree a pattern, and has accumulated faithful supporters from everywhere throughout the world. In more specialized terms, vaping is he breathing in of vapors of warmed enhanced fluid.

It is thought to be a significantly more beneficial contrasting option to cigarettes since it doesn't have any tobacco, tar or other unsafe added substances.

Vaping requires different segments: a fueled gadget to encourage this procedure, the e-fluid and an atomiser. The atomiser contains a loop that warms up the e-fluid, transforming it into a vapor. The e-fluid is comprised of four fundamental compound segments: vegetable glycerine (that creates the vapor), the seasoning, the flavor bearer; propylene glycol, and little hints of nicotine.

With vaping, you don't possess a scent reminiscent of tobacco smoke as there is no genuine burning, and the vapors which dissipate inside a couple of moments in the wake of breathing out, aren't hurtful to everyone around you.

It is a direct result of this that vaping does not fall under an indistinguishable limitations from cigarettes or smoking zones in broad daylight spots and eateries. You can essentially vape anyplace without dread of mistreatment or being pursued out some place.

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
This is not "other" vaping communities, this is our community and it is a good one. It is full of good people of all race, religious and ethnic descent, we should hope to see it stay this way. We don't need racist young men like yourself, working against our common goal. Grow up @bbybee.
why is it "chinglish"?

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
There are many other methods available to help you quit this bad habit but the problem is that not every method works for the other. One of the methods which have become very popular lately is vapour cigarette kits or E Cigarettes.

For me vaping is an absolutely healthy substitute to quit smoking.
thank for your reply.

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
has no smell, no second hand smoke and none of the 4,000+ chemicals you find in a tobacco cigarette. It won’t stain your teeth, the cost after initial purchase can be much lower than traditional cigarettes and they can usually be used in non-smoking areas. The e-cigarette it self is not healthy nor is it unhealthy; as it is just an electronic devise for vaporizing the liquid.

There are so many benefits of using e-cigarettes

No flame, so no burning tobacco
No unpleasant smells clinging to your clothes, or lingering in your home
No more dirty ashtrays, or looking for lighters /matches
Take a puff where and when ever you want
Satisfies your craving for nicotine, as with a cigarette
Controllable nicotine intake, or even no nicotine at all
Not banned under the smoking ban
No passive smoking
Less expensive
thanks a lot for your share. i see that there are so may benefits of using e-cig, but is there any harm for health or habit?

Last edited by a moderator:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks a lot for your share. i see that there are so may benefits of using e-cig,
but is there any harm for health or habit?
The truth is... we don't know everything 20 years up the road...

What we do know is that vaping is a much muuuch safer alternative to smoking.

CactusCutie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love you guys! I'm so happy I found you.:bliss:
I'm new here so be nice to me if I don't quite get all the lingo right to start. I'll go back and re-read the glossary (thank you for that btw) and post an intro and pic but I was just cruising around and started reading to get a feel for things and landed here. Couldn't resist commenting. This is great!

I found you guys by accident because I just started vaping on a regular and consistent basis and now only rarely smoke. Down to 4 or maybe 5 tobacco cigs a day as opposed to a pack and a half. My goal is to quit completely. I had been on a different forum but they are hard core antis and don't want to hear it about vaping. To them if you put anything in you're mouth your 'smoking' and the only way to 'quit' is to grit your teeth, and go about it hyperventilating and white knuckled making a daily 'Nope' pledge.

My reaction to that logic is ....:crazy:. They all sound like a bunch of dry drunks. Miserable because they can't smoke and trying to convince me I have to be just as miserable as they are. Even if I vape with NO nicotine (my ultimate goal) I'm still smoking in their opinion. That logic doesn't jive with me. I like how you guys think much better.

So to make a long story short I'm here with you. :vino:

So please make me welcome, be nice to me and patient and I'll come an play and have nice things to say about vaping and all of you and your forum. AND YES....I'll post an intro and a picture. Right now though gotta go get some dinner.

Hugs,
Cactus Cutie in Arizona

OMG !!! I am a smoker and my girlfriend dislikes me smoking and she hates the smell..... E-Cigs really do not have the smell and not harm to our health ? I really want to try one!! Where do you usually buy from? From shop or online? Any suggestions and experiences can share ? I am a beginner ><

CactusCutie

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Ray! :wave:

Welcome. My suggestion would be to first do some research and reading on the forums. Spend some time on it. There's a lot to see and learn. The section where they suggest the new people start out is most helpful!
Second ask some questions of others. They're a wealth of information and have been super kind. .
Once you do this you can perhaps get a mental picture of what it is you want and maybe take a field trip to your local vape shop to check stuff out and maybe sample some things. Go to a shop where they will spend the time talking to you not at you! Get them to educate and teach you about the devices and how to use them properly.

Your research will also allow you to have a price point in mind. You'll know how much things should cost so you know if you are getting ripped off if/when you decide to finally make a purchase. Where and when and on what type of device would be up to you. Just a suggestion----my opinion only, I'd start off with something super easy to use and relatively inexpensive to begin while you continue to learn the ins and outs of vaping. You can always upgrade to a more expensive, fancier and nicer model with more bells and whistles if you enjoy vaping and you see it working for you. But nothing sucks more or would be a bigger waste then spending a ton of your money all at once in the beginning and not being happy or enjoying it.

VU Sponsors