Become a Patron!

Totally, miserably desperate. Please help.

sunshine24

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,
My story is a long one so I will try to shorten it.
I gave up smoking 3 weeks ago and started vaping. I smoked 25 cigarettes a day, medium to strong strength. I use a CE4 clearomiser. My problem is, vaping is making me nausea, to the degree that I'm miserable. I did some research on-line. I've tried different juice vendors, came down from 24mg to 18mg. tried 70/30%, 60/40, 50/50 and yesterday 20%PG/80%VG. Each time I have been so hopeful, now I'm getting desperate. Its so hard to explain how I feel. Immediately after I vape I get a strange taste in my mouth and I find the nausea coming on. Yesterday for example I had in total 8 puffs of 20PG/80VG% in 8hrs. Today I cant put it near my lips as I feel so sick. Please if there is anyone out there that can help, what else can I try.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you still feel sick today and you haven't vaped since yesterday, I would suspect something else. I've never had nic sickness last more than a few hours! Perhaps someone else can chime in?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One or the other PG or VG your sensitive to or maybe even the brand nicotine. have you tried 0 nicjuice yet, you need to go through process of elimination I think to get the correct juice type that will work for you, also maybe even 18mg could be too high, are you using an RBA or subtank?

sunshine24

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you still feel sick today and you haven't vaped since yesterday, I would suspect something else. I've never had nic sickness last more than a few hours! Perhaps someone else can chime in?
Thanks for replying. I have to correct something, I had 2 puffs earlier today. It is now 8hrs. later and I'm starting to feel slightly better.

sunshine24

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One or the other PG or VG your sensitive to or maybe even the brand nicotine. have you tried 0 nicjuice yet, you need to go through process of elimination I think to get the correct juice type that will work for you, also maybe even 18mg could be too high, are you using an RBA or subtank?
Hello Whiskey, thanks for replying I'm using the standard first time one, its tall and slim, like a biro with a CE4 Clearomizer.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for replying. I have to correct something, I had 2 puffs earlier today. It is now 8hrs. later and I'm starting to feel slightly better.
18mg is still pretty strong. I smoked a pack a day for 40 years, and as soon as I went from a cartridge (cheap cigalike) to a clearo I went to 12mg. Why don't you pick up some 6mg and see how you feel with that? If that works, try mixing your 6mg 50/50 with your 18 (to give you 12mg) and see how that goes. If you get the same flavor you can just mix the two together.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The tank your using now is the older versions and don't work as well as the ones available now, they are cheap and well....not very good

Sugardonut

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sorry you are going through all of this. I use to smoke a pack a day been vaping for 3-4 months now. I started vaping sub ohm right away and so I went down to 6mg Nic. I would get nausea and feel sick so I went down to 3 my and it works! I have yet to touch a cig. Also try getting a better set up. What others have mentioned a kanger set up isn't at all expensive and is a good upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One thing you may want to consider is the reaction your body is having to stopping smoking. When I went cold turkey a few times when I smoked, the first two days my stomach was touchy. Nausea is one of the many symptoms of withdrawal. Your body is clearing out the crap and toxins from the cigs.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
18mg is still pretty strong. I smoked a pack a day for 40 years, and as soon as I went from a cartridge (cheap cigalike) to a clearo I went to 12mg. Why don't you pick up some 6mg and see how you feel with that? If that works, try mixing your 6mg 50/50 with your 18 (to give you 12mg) and see how that goes. If you get the same flavor you can just mix the two together.

Did you try this?

sunshine24

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you all, I will start by reducing the nicotine level, maybe that's the culprit. Oh I'm exhausted from all this. Three weeks of trying different liquids and days of abstinence inbetween as I wait for products in the post. My poor head and body don't know what's going on.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I felt sick after vaping 18mg nic when I first started. Dumped 150 bucks worth of juice down the drain and re-purchased it all in 6mg. Stayed at 6 for a while, at 3mg now and feeling fine, and still no urge to smoke

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you all, I will start by reducing the nicotine level, maybe that's the culprit. Oh I'm exhausted from all this. Three weeks of trying different liquids and days of abstinence inbetween as I wait for products in the post. My poor head and body don't know what's going on.
Are you in the USA?

sunshine24

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I felt sick after vaping 18mg nic when I first started. Dumped 150 bucks worth of juice down the drain and re-purchased it all in 6mg. Stayed at 6 for a while, at 3mg now and feeling fine, and still no urge to smoke
Thats my problem also, dumping juice down the drain but I guess I would be spending it on cigarettes anyway.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stop! Don't dump it. You can thin it out with VG to the point it won't matter anymore. Check the juice thread!

Or as I suggested above get some zero nic juice in the same flavor - if you mix that 50/50 with your 18mg you will have 9mg. Or get 3mg or 6mg to mix.

As Saddletramp says, though, adding some VG (which you should be able to find at a drug store) will allow you to vape this weekend!

tatty29

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi. I had ordered by mistake 18mg nic juices for my kanger subtank and oh it felt like a bear was clawing it's way down my throat and into my chest but I didn't get the feeling sick part. To solve this I tried thinning out ejuice both by using same flavour juice but zero nicotine and by just adding vg to it. Maybe try giving it a go. You don't need to waste juice if you like the taste. I found the same flavour worked really well and I still had the same taste but with my stronger flavours the plain vg also worked well. Let us know how you get on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sunshine24

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I tried the 0% nicotine and I could find that nausea feeling coming on. I notice from all my experimenting that it takes only a few puffs to cause a problem. It leaves me nausea, very tired and with a horrible metallic taste in my mouth, which lasts for about 8 hours. Thats a long time without a puff, I'm going crazy slowly. What in the world am I made of, other people don't have any problem vaping.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear your having difficulties..
Like others have mentioned I would try a any of the protanks or the Nautilus maybe and see if that helps.. In any case don't give up vaping and go back to those nasty analogs... Wish you good luck and hope you feel better soon when you vape.. :)

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I tried the 0% nicotine and I could find that nausea feeling coming on. I notice from all my experimenting that it takes only a few puffs to cause a problem. It leaves me nausea, very tired and with a horrible metallic taste in my mouth, which lasts for about 8 hours. Thats a long time without a puff, I'm going crazy slowly. What in the world am I made of, other people don't have any problem vaping.

I can only think that you might actually have a true sensitivity to PG. The cheapest way to test is to buy some VG from a drug store, add 20% distilled water to it, and try vaping that. (I say to add the distilled water so it will wick).

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It could be your CE4 clearomizers.

Way back when, I tried them and discovered that some of them were contaminated with machine oil from the manufacturing process.

Get one of the Protanks, clean before using and give that a try.

A comment on the liquid, when I first used a ce4 I was on 36mg and would have gone stronger if I could get it. It took me about eight months to switch from paper only to vape (almost) only.

The ce4's really are quite bad. I just tried one of my old ones, and it tastes vile, really dirty, but I never noticed it untill I had used some better quality stuff. I'm supposed to be giving them to a friend, but not sure if I should, it feels like giving an empty beer can or something.

Once I got a decent setup, I stopped smoking by accident. I smoked less and less, then one day I just forgot to smoke any cigs.

EDIT: Used a ce4 for a while when typing this, now I feel sick too. I think that could well be your problem!

Last edited:
It might be u are allergic to the vg there have been people that are try to find juice that is made with palm vg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ce4 tanks are lame any way you cut and slice it.. Plastic tanks will crack and actually melt using certain juices.. I would think
a much better way to judge if allergic to either PG/VG is to get a decent VW mod and use a glass tank with the replaceable heads..try VG max and see if it works for you..same way when adding PG to your mix......But
I still think your feeling sick is because of the poor performing equipment your vaping with...just sayin

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It could be your CE4 clearomizers.

Way back when, I tried them and discovered that some of them were contaminated with machine oil from the manufacturing process.

Get one of the Protanks, clean before using and give that a try.
Protank3 is a damn good Atty. Piss cheep also. Have a 1/2 Tupperware container 3/4 full of rubbing alcohol. All my attys take a bath there. CE4 has a use. Party party, ;) If you loose it, so what. Stick battery's are so cheap. :cool:

sunshine24

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well today I purchased what is called an Aspire, it has pyrex glass with a bottom coil.
I hope and pray that's the answer. I will know by tomorrow if I'm going to feel sick, at least that's the way the pattern has gone all along.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It sounds like you either have too much nicotine, you're intolerant/allergic to pg or vg, intolerant/allergic to a flavor, or are just sick in general.

Being a former smoker, I first started vaping at 12mg, and the first day I vaped so much that I started feeling dizzy from the nicotine. Also, I once tried a primarily VG juice and it made me feel so sick.

Now I use 6mg nic and only PG juice and I'm fine.

Also, are you only using one flavor of juice? If it's not the nicotine or vg/pg, it could be a flavoring. Try switching up some things before giving up.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well today I purchased what is called an Aspire, it has pyrex glass with a bottom coil.
I hope and pray that's the answer. I will know by tomorrow if I'm going to feel sick, at least that's the way the pattern has gone all along.
Aspire what? Nautilus maybe? If so that's a pretty good tank..hope it works out for you!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Protank3 is a damn good Atty. Piss cheep also. Have a 1/2 Tupperware container 3/4 full of rubbing alcohol. All my attys take a bath there. CE4 has a use. Party party, ;) If you loose it, so what. Stick battery's are so cheap. :cool:
Really??
When we party we blow clouds! No tootle puff newbie vapers allowed..
Its not a party if we can't fog up the room, lol.. we can't do that with ce4 plastic tanks and throw away stick batteries either...just pokin a little fun at ya' tramp... Lol
9517b6e2af651aaa8f3649c1e83b2e0d.jpg

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been lookin in my windows again. Ya pervert, that's my cloud. How can something so much fun be wrong? :cool:
Yes I have fallen into making fog banks. I will most likely die, but Not from smoking. :D

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Name calling is so old school..Instead try posting a cloud yourself....then you don't have to claim one of mine for your own..lol
4f4822c8b92095c8ae0acaa2fb6d57fe.jpg

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it's a start anyway..
The best way we've found to post a cloud is to shoot a video then take a screenshot..it makes it easy to edit the video for that perfect screenshot of a good cloud worthy of posting...my little sister does a good job shooting my cloud videos.. She calls it fun too, lol

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My arm is not long enough to show it right. I am not that self absorbed. I can push some serious clouds. Because I don't smoke, my lungs are back. :cool:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it's a start anyway..
The best way we've found to post a cloud is to shoot a video then take a screenshot..it makes it easy to edit the video for that perfect screenshot of a good cloud worthy of posting...my little sister does a good job shooting my cloud videos.. She calls it fun too, lol

I was showing you, I talk the talk, I walk the walk. I'm not sure why? :cool:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was showing you, I talk the talk, I walk the walk. I'm not sure why? :cool:
Oh I don't know.. I guess it's because pics don't lie... After all I don't believe most posts when they aren't backed up with pics... But that's just me I reckon..lol

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,
My story is a long one so I will try to shorten it.
I gave up smoking 3 weeks ago and started vaping. I smoked 25 cigarettes a day, medium to strong strength. I use a CE4 clearomiser. My problem is, vaping is making me nausea, to the degree that I'm miserable. I did some research on-line. I've tried different juice vendors, came down from 24mg to 18mg. tried 70/30%, 60/40, 50/50 and yesterday 20%PG/80%VG. Each time I have been so hopeful, now I'm getting desperate. Its so hard to explain how I feel. Immediately after I vape I get a strange taste in my mouth and I find the nausea coming on. Yesterday for example I had in total 8 puffs of 20PG/80VG% in 8hrs. Today I cant put it near my lips as I feel so sick. Please if there is anyone out there that can help, what else can I try.
You need to lower your nicotine level! If you are SubOhm vaping the nicotine gets very strong. I went down from 24mg to 3mg nicotine. Why not buy your favorite eliquid in 0mg Nic, and another bottle in 18mg; try vaping the 0 first. If it doesn't make you feel sick then it's your nicotine level that's too high. Then you can gradually go up on your nicotine. I get ill if I vape high nicotine ejuice now.

VU Sponsors