Become a Patron!

Unregulated Parallel 26650 box build

I'm building a 26650 box mod, I have the wiring, button, 510 connector, battery tray, and a IRLB3034PBF mosfet. What else do I need, I plan on running builds from .15 to .05

(UPDATE): I won't be using the box for anything lower then .1 I've already got a 18650 box for lower builds. But with a wooden box, am I in danger of setting it on fire if I leave the inside unfinished wood? Thanks for all the replys.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How much soldering and electronic experience do you have?
Lots of potential for lots of back outcome.
Already shows Ohm's law and Murphy's law are hard at work on lobbying for a Darwin Award.

How much soldering and electronic experience do you have?
Lots of potential for lots of back outcome.
Already shows Ohm's law and Murphy's law are hard at work on lobbying for a Darwin Award.
I have enough experience for this project, but I'll be having a more experienced friend doing most of the work.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just for my information, you can go that low on ohms with 26650 mech mod boxes?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well I assumed you could cause I'm running a .08 build on a dual parallel 18650 no problem at all
The internal resistance of a 18650 surpasses the 26650 by a great margin. the 26650 has a high internal resistance and that's the reason it never became popular other then its size. Although it has good Mah/Wh ratings they are not the best for higher drain applications, similar to what your want to go down to. I would instead try a triple or quad 18650 box as you will be safer and have a smaller overall box.
26650 Chemistry is not up to the 18650 Chemistry...Use 18650's instead.
Add a Fuse to your plans, a Mosfet and same 14G wiring, use the least amount of solder as you can and make sure that any metal surfaces are insulated. Do not half ass any part of the box...it wont end well if you do.

The internal resistance of a 18650 surpasses the 26650 by a great margin. the 26650 has a high internal resistance and that's the reason it never became popular other then its size. Although it has good Mah/Wh ratings they are not the best for higher drain applications, similar to what your want to go down to. I would instead try a triple or quad 18650 box as you will be safer and have a smaller overall box.
26650 Chemistry is not up to the 18650 Chemistry...Use 18650's instead.
Add a Fuse to your plans, a Mosfet and same 14G wiring, use the least amount of solder as you can and make sure that any metal surfaces are insulated. Do not half ass any part of the box...it wont end well if you do.
So then if I used the 26650 box for builds as low as .1 would it be practical? Because I already have some 26650 batteries, and trays lying around.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So then if I used the 26650 box for builds as low as .1 would it be practical? Because I already have some 26650 batteries, and trays lying around.
.1 would be fine, anything lower then .08 (2x26650) I would jump to 18650's (2-3x18650)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What a vast majority do not understand there is a point of diminishing returns vs. safety.
While the 26650 rock the mah and amp the internal sag sucks for the application you are going for. Below .1 IMHO for clouds is pointless you are getting nothing for dancing on that razor edge of safety, it does not bring anything more to the table other than vapepeen bragging rights that common sense has fled the building.

@raymo2u is correct multiple 18650 is the answer you seek.

What 26650 are you wanting to abuse in your quest for fire?

What a vast majority do not understand there is a point of diminishing returns vs. safety.
While the 26650 rock the mah and amp the internal sag sucks for the application you are going for. Below .1 IMHO for clouds is pointless you are getting nothing for dancing on that razor edge of safety, it does not bring anything more to the table other than vapepeen bragging rights that common sense has fled the building.

@raymo2u is correct multiple 18650 is the answer you seek.

What 26650 are you wanting to abuse in your quest for fire?
LOl, they're samsungs

VU Sponsors