Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine too Dave

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just checked, my pre-order for the black is now in processing too!

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But who knows it can be in that status for another month hahhahaha....fingers still crossed

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No kidding. I'll just continue to casually wait and then be surprised when it shows up.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now I have to decide if I want silver or black. The silver is a few dollars cheaper on Gearbest and I will probably be painting the battery sleeve anyways so I'll probably be going with that. With the coupon Gearbest and Smokstore are roughly the same price, but which would be the better site to buy from?

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Whatever you think is best. I chose gearbest cause I've used them before....

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Was thinking more along the lines of whichever has less issues lol.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly who knows with this product.....I know gearbest delivers promptly...I don't know what smokstore is so I couldn't vouche for you whether or not which one will be better for getting an ipv4. With the delays in shipping and what not no one out there is really reliable when it comes to that

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's all I need to know. Will be ordering on Gearbest tonight

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Now I have to decide if I want silver or black. The silver is a few dollars cheaper on Gearbest and I will probably be painting the battery sleeve anyways so I'll probably be going with that. With the coupon Gearbest and Smokstore are roughly the same price, but which would be the better site to buy from?

Well I will say 1 thing about the black. If is the same paint as the ipv mini v2 it sucks. My black flaked off in like 2 weeks on the spots that aren't covered by the vaporskinz. Tho on the ipv4 the metal is silver and only sleeve is black which looks to be some type of plastic/ rubberized material so hopefully it's not paint

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The main reason why I chose gearbest overall is because both vaporjoes and brokevapers post links to them often. So when a link came up with gearbest to the ipv4 I chose them. Before that I ordered a coil jig through them...took a while but it came as expected overseas. Mind you all of these ipv4s are coming from overseas so don't pass judgement on sites

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think us that have ordered from China sites like Gearbest will be waiting longer than people who bought from US stores, but at eciggity the IPV4 is $95, I'd rather wait a week or 2 longer and save $30, I do want it, but not worth paying a 3rd more to get it a little earlier.

This comment could bite me in the ass, if takes 2 months longer, but the saving would still be worth it to me though, not like I haven't got other mods to use anyway.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Exactly nailz great point man

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Origin Vapes: "....and as of 4/13/14 we have heard from Pioneer4You that the IPV4 chipset can handle up to 250 watts. No news was released yet whether a firmware upgrade will be offered to allow the mod to go to 250 watts."
4/13/14?

Why did they wait a year to tell us? Lol!

Last edited:

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tho on the ipv4 the metal is silver and only sleeve is black which looks to be some type of plastic/ rubberized material so hopefully it's not paint
This is false. The silver with black door has been confirmed as NOT a production unit. P4Y confirmed black is a painted black body AND black battery door. But Evan over there has confirmed things which have not been true in the past (according to some). So let's just say that's the best info available.

Last edited:

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If
This is false. The silver with black door has been confirmed as NOT a production unit. P4Y confirmed black is a painted black body AND black battery door. But Evan over there has confirmed things which have not been true in the past. So let's just say that's the best info available.
If you go to the P4Y site it shows the IPV4's on the front page. It shows a silver with silver sleeve (looks more like gunmetal) and silver with black sleeve. There is no full black IPV4 on their site. Not saying it doesn't exist, just saying that's what their website shows.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have no clue what the colors are except the silver /black silver/grey that are shown. I did see a pic of a black painted 1 somewhere. All I am saying is don't buy the black painted 1 because paint comes right off and it's the same silver under it.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yikes! doesn't look like the black holds up well on those

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
TqtcXLS.jpg

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got the silver with black sleeve which in my opinion looks the best.
Hmmm... not sure how this correlates with the above email from P4Y. I think we can all agree its going to be a crap shoot. Some will be happy, some wont. I just hope mine's not pink. (That was not my correspondence in the image above btw, just a repost from the reddit thread I linked to)

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In all honesty I'll be happy just to get it. If it's something else and I don't like the color. I'll just eventually by a skin wrap lol

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok Im in on the waiting game ,just ordered the black from GearBest too and expedited shipping so hopefully will come little faster :)

Hoekakes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i hope they stop delaying it ... wasnt it supposed to come out like march 10th or something?

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just ordered the silver one with expedited shipping on GearBest. Its in the processing phase so maybe it'll ship soon. Got 4 25R's, a Turbo RDA, and some 22 gauge waiting for it lol.

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My order from Gear best has updated to processing
Everytime I order something it says processing. I ordered one from Vapenw on 1-16-15 and this whole time is has said processing so I don't think that means much!!

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My contact rep at P4Y just came back from the big ecig convention in Shenzen and just got in touch with me. He told me that NO vendor has been shipped the ipv4 yet. NONE of the retail units (with exception of a couple test units) have left factory yet. The latest delays were not related to color or chip issues (as some thought) but instead the battery door cover manufacturing. Apparently it was causing scratches on the box in putting it on and taking it off. The vendors shipments will go out as early as april 20th. Just passing it on. (i am waiting on my test unit to come as well so we are all in the same boat i guess)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think presales should end all they do is cause stress to the buyers and vendors. We should just wait till thy stock it then attack lol

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My contact rep at P4Y just came back from the big ecig convention in Shenzen and just got in touch with me. He told me that NO vendor has been shipped the ipv4 yet. NONE of the retail units (with exception of a couple test units) have left factory yet. The latest delays were not related to color or chip issues (as some thought) but instead the battery door cover manufacturing. Apparently it was causing scratches on the box in putting it on and taking it off. The vendors shipments will go out as early as april 20th. Just passing it on. (i am waiting on my test unit to come as well so we are all in the same boat i guess)
This sounds about like what I expected to hear. Thanks for posting. Please let us know how the test unit works when you receive it.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just got email that payment has been processed and it should ship in next 3-5 days.I paid expedited shipping so hopefully get it little earlier than normal wait.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From where Vash? If it's from gearbest I got that same email well over a week ago

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think us that have ordered from China sites like Gearbest will be waiting longer than people who bought from US stores, but at eciggity the IPV4 is $95, I'd rather wait a week or 2 longer and save $30, I do want it, but not worth paying a 3rd more to get it a little earlier.

This comment could bite me in the ass, if takes 2 months longer, but the saving would still be worth it to me though, not like I haven't got other mods to use anyway.
I am an impatient person plus I worry about having to deal with exchange units which is why if I had bought this and did not roll the dice on the 65.00 dollar deal I would spend a few extra bucks. Eciggity with their 10% code that makes it 85.00 and VapeNw is 80 so at current prices I would spend the extra 7 bucks and get it from a US vendor but that is just me. Now if Gear Best has a US return address like FT does I might be less reserved.

With that said I hope you guys get these buggers soon I am eager to hear some in the trenches real people reviews on the ipv4.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hahaha sorry folks. I think the presale is over though. Maybe something will happen soon? Lol

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Last I saw on gearbest for the black, they was not expecting shipping to start till the end of the month.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Bump^ well the presale on gearbest extended once again...now it is may 1st.....lol

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No matter when it releases, I so enjoy seeing any kind of update. I check in at Smog every morning to read the same "No date provided" "Shipping soon".

Dave Sak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't understand why gear best charged my account if thay are going to keep extending this

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't understand why gear best changed my account if thay are going to keep extending this
What do you mean changed your account?

Dave Sak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I to am going crazy. I check this thread, gear best, and many other dealers every day. I wait for the date posted only to be let down as they come and go.

Dave Sak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[QUll check sorry OTE="CTFX, post: 426163, member: 20006"]What do you mean changed your account?[/QUOTE]
Spe

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm guessing with the flood in of people preorderjng that it over exceeded their expectations and now they are backed up....this is just a guess but it seems logical? Lol

VU Sponsors