https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've heard the bad taste thing, most that Say that dont wipe the wire with alcohol first. I use an alcohol wipe like the ones theynuse before you get a shot.

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great idea thanks for the tip on that. I guess not being able to dry fire it like you do with kanthal you need to get the crap off the wire before you inhale it.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, it does two things really. While you're wiping it with the alcohol pad, you're also straightening it;which, makes it easier to wrap.
Another trick for dual coil attys is to make a parallel coil and just slide them apart. You're left with 2 perfectly spaced coils

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This will be a first haven't use to many spaced coils before. I have a ton of kanthal so if the NI200 works out then I might have to have to just throw it in box with all the silica wick never to be used again:eek:.

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered one thru my b&m shop. Shes telling me they have told her the 30th for her shipment to arrive

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$65? Where?

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Gear Best with the code... IPV4100W

Only good during the pre-order phase I believe so you would have to pull the trigger in the next couple few days, unless another extension is made lol. I am not sweating the wait but then again some jumped into the pre-order in January and obviously that is a long wait since I just got in last week.

EDIT: My bad I just looked and it was 65.99

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gear Best with the code... IPV4100W

Only good during the pre-order phase I believe so you would have to pull the trigger in the next couple few days, unless another extension is made lol. I am not sweating the wait but then again some jumped into the pre-order in January and obviously that is a long wait since I just got in last week.
Thanks for the heads up... The cheapest I've seen it was from Vape NW in WA state for $79.99, also a pre order, but they say it will be in stock by April 30...

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the heads up... The cheapest I've seen it was from Vape NW in WA state for $79.99, also a pre order, but they say it will be in stock by April 30...

np.

Originally I had little to no interest in this one but for the price and the chance to compare the tc to other devices I said what the hell. If it is a hit the price will jump to what the ipv3 was selling for (just speculation) and if so I figure I got a great deal. I figure it will probably get one maybe two upgrades before the ipv5 and (again speculation) it will be a 125-165w device.

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think your right on with that. I have a segelie 150 and i wanted a 100 watt for a spare. This was cheaper than the segelie 100 and tc too. Im waiting patiently like everyone. Lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
np.

Originally I had little to no interest in this one but for the price and the chance to compare the tc to other devices I said what the hell. If it is a hit the price will jump to what the ipv3 was selling for (just speculation) and if so I figure I got a great deal. I figure it will probably get one maybe two upgrades before the ipv5 and (again speculation) it will be a 125-165w device.
Yeah, I've got the IPV3 but figured I could fool around with temp control on the IPV4..
BTW, I see your in Alabama... One of my favorite truck stops is in Tuscalooa... .always liked Alabama, and they don't call it "Alabama the Beautiful" for nothing...its downright gorgeous, especially near the Tenn line off I-65..
Now I'm stuck in CA!! Lol

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Everyone who ordered through GearBest might want to check your email or the message center on GB. They just sent me this message:

Ticket: AT516385661
Post by: Admin(tess)
Order Number: W1504150016249568
Subject: Follow up your order W1504150016249568

Thank you for your time and understanding.

We are sorry to let you know that we have problem with following product(s).It can not meet demands.We are afraid that we can not offer you recently.
sku * quantity * productName:
122777202 * 1 * Genuine PIONEER4YOU IPV4 100W Variable Wattage Box Mod

In order to provide the maximum benefit for each of our valued customers and to build a long-term relationship with you, we are able to refund the amount for the unavailable item(s), We offer you following two options:
A: Refunds to your GB wallet, we also offer worth 5 times points with the price of the out of stock product(s) (e.g. 1usd = 5 points 3usd=3*5 points)
B:Exchange for product(s) of equivalent value.
Which is your preferred option (please choose only one)?

Refunds to your GB wallet will occur automatically without your reply, you will not need to do anything. However, if you wish to receive the refund via your original payment provider instead, then you must contact with us within 5 business days.

For your reference,please check this link http://www.gearbest.com/m-article.htm?id=111 for more information about GB wallet.

GB wallet is a fast and secure payment tool, making it easy to stay up-to-date with all your account transactions.

There are just some of the advantages of using GB wallet:

1)Secure Payment: your financial information always remains 100% private and secure
2)Easy-to-use Operation: It takes under a minute for you to learn how to use the user-friendly interface.
3)Smart Management: GB wallet is designed to help you manage and control your money easily and conveniently. Checking your transaction details, order history and more is effortless.
4)Free GB Points: If you choose to keep any refunds in your GB wallet, you will receive the corresponding amount of free GB points to save even more money.
5)Fast Refunds: Refunds are prioritized for wallet holders and will be issued to your GB wallet within 1-2 business days.

If you have more requests, please do not hesitate in letting us know so we can resolve the issues to you to the best of our ability.

Best Regards
Support Center
Ticket Status: Processing

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im in indiana. 65 does run thru indiana too. My best friend from the army lives in nashville tn. And yes its beautiful there

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I've got the IPV3 but figured I could fool around with temp control on the IPV4..
BTW, I see your in Alabama... One of my favorite truck stops is in Tuscalooa... .always liked Alabama, and they don't call it "Alabama the Beautiful" for nothing...its downright gorgeous, especially near the Tenn line off I-65..
Now I'm stuck in CA!! Lol

I am minutes from the TN, AL line by the I-65 Huntsville area. I am from the PNW the Eugene Or area.

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont know much bout the temp control. Can it be controled on the mod i wonder.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ fictious character.. Do you drive a truck, or just made a move down south..
Another coincidence is my terminal was in Decatur...small world. Lol

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone who ordered through GearBest might want to check your email or the message center on GB. They just sent me this message:

Ticket: AT516385661
Post by: Admin(tess)
Order Number: W1504150016249568
Subject: Follow up your order W1504150016249568

Thank you for your time and understanding.

We are sorry to let you know that we have problem with following product(s).It can not meet demands.We are afraid that we can not offer you recently.
sku * quantity * productName:
122777202 * 1 * Genuine PIONEER4YOU IPV4 100W Variable Wattage Box Mod

In order to provide the maximum benefit for each of our valued customers and to build a long-term relationship with you, we are able to refund the amount for the unavailable item(s), We offer you following two options:
A: Refunds to your GB wallet, we also offer worth 5 times points with the price of the out of stock product(s) (e.g. 1usd = 5 points 3usd=3*5 points)
B:Exchange for product(s) of equivalent value.
Which is your preferred option (please choose only one)?

Refunds to your GB wallet will occur automatically without your reply, you will not need to do anything. However, if you wish to receive the refund via your original payment provider instead, then you must contact with us within 5 business days.

For your reference,please check this link http://www.gearbest.com/m-article.htm?id=111 for more information about GB wallet.

GB wallet is a fast and secure payment tool, making it easy to stay up-to-date with all your account transactions.

There are just some of the advantages of using GB wallet:

1)Secure Payment: your financial information always remains 100% private and secure
2)Easy-to-use Operation: It takes under a minute for you to learn how to use the user-friendly interface.
3)Smart Management: GB wallet is designed to help you manage and control your money easily and conveniently. Checking your transaction details, order history and more is effortless.
4)Free GB Points: If you choose to keep any refunds in your GB wallet, you will receive the corresponding amount of free GB points to save even more money.
5)Fast Refunds: Refunds are prioritized for wallet holders and will be issued to your GB wallet within 1-2 business days.

If you have more requests, please do not hesitate in letting us know so we can resolve the issues to you to the best of our ability.

Best Regards
Support Center
Ticket Status: Processing
I have not got anything like that yet. Which color did you order? Maybe p4y cut them off for selling below their projected price.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I ordered the silver. I told them I want the item I ordered and they sent this reply:

Dear Dylan,

I feel so sorry for that.
Now this item have out of stock now and it can't restock anymore.
So do you like to choose other item instead it?Or do you like to refund the money to your GB wallet.

Best regards
Tess

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered the silver. I told them I want the item I ordered and they sent this reply:

Dear Dylan,

I feel so sorry for that.
Now this item have out of stock now and it can't restock anymore.
So do you like to choose other item instead it?Or do you like to refund the money to your GB wallet.

Best regards
Tess
Oh I see. You essentially said I have waited long enough send me what I paid for? If so then they offered you a refund because they are unable to meet your request.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I accidentally ordered the silver and felt it was to much of a hassle to change it. Wait and see I suppose.
I'm still wondering if it will be all black or silver with black door ,hoping the latter but I'd just be happy getting it lol

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I told them I wanted the item I ordered 2 weeks ago. Did not say I want it shipped asap, I don't mind waiting as I have a God Mod for the time being.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still wondering if it will be all black or silver with black door ,hoping the latter but I'd just be happy getting it lol
That is why I think I absentmindedly went with silver. If I knew it was silver with a black door I would have made the conscience effort to go with black but I did not want a black body.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That is why I think I absentmindedly went with silver. If I knew it was silver with a black door I would have made the conscience effort to go with black but I did not want a black body.
Twice the fun now lol When will it come and will we get color we want !

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I told them I wanted the item I ordered 2 weeks ago. Did not say I want it shipped asap, I don't mind waiting as I have a God Mod for the time being.
Sounds like maybe there was something lost in translation with your request and their fallback was a refund. The site is still showing as taking orders for the ipv4. So far I have not received anything like that and I figure it would be a bit longer.

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The one i ordered thru my b&m store was told it will ship the 30th

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We can only hope huh. I ordered mine 1 month ago

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ fictious character.. Do you drive a truck, or just made a move down south..
Another coincidence is my terminal was in Decatur...small world. Lol

Nope not a truck driver. I had a meager but decent inheritance in the late 90's and took my gf at the time and we traveled the country for a few months and when the money was drying up her family was from this area and we popped in and one thing led to another and next thing you know you are almost 20yrs older have a house and three kids lol. We have plans to move back to the PNW but I fear it has gotten to expensive to live there in comparison.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope not a truck driver. I had a meager but decent inheritance in the late 90's and took my gf at the time and we traveled the country for a few months and when the money was drying up her family was from this area and we popped in and one thing led to another and next thing you know you are almost 20yrs older have a house and three kids lol. We have plans to move back to the PNW but I fear it has gotten to expensive to live there in comparison.
Well you settled in my favorite part of the country..the south! Lol
My brother lives in WA and says the cost of living has gotten really expensive this past year...I might move down south myself someday... I miss it! Thx for your replies

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well you settled in my favorite part of the country..the south! Lol
My brother lives in WA and says the cost of living has gotten really expensive this past year...I might move down south myself someday... I miss it! Thx for your replies

Where at in WA? I got three brothers in the Spokane area.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They initiated the original conversation? Hmmm I don't know what is going on then. I figured you made contact and then this was the outcome after a couple back and forth's. Maybe you got a pissed off CS rep lol.

Who knows? I read a thread somewhere about this happening to someone else. I was just sitting here on hold with Paypal (trying to order a Freemax Starre tank) and I get the email saying they sent a message. Maybe it was in response to my message to them last week about the "presale gifts" they had on the IPV4 page for 22 hours.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who knows? I read a thread somewhere about this happening to someone else. I was just sitting here on hold with Paypal (trying to order a Freemax Starre tank) and I get the email saying they sent a message. Maybe it was in response to my message to them last week about the "presale gifts" they had on the IPV4 page for 22 hours.
Sounds like a hassle and I will make sure I keep a lookout for any similar email. Hope you get it all worked out man.

VU Sponsors