Become a Patron!

Updates on the IPV4????

vapingmechanic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I figured that would start happening but hopefully I can still catch them while they're cheap

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just received this email from gearbest. Not exactly sure what they are trying to say with this. Sounds like I got a similar message that others have

Thank you for your time and

understanding.

We are sorry to let you know that we have problem with following product(s).It can not meet demands.We are afraid that we can not offer you recently.
sku * quantity * productName:
122777201 * 1 * Genuine PIONEER4YOU IPV4 100W Variable Wattage Box Mod

In order to provide the maximum benefit for each of our valued customers and to build a long-term relationship with you, we are able to refund the amount for the unavailable item(s), We offer you following two options:
A: Refunds to your GB wallet, we also offer worth 5 times points with the price of the out of stock product(s) (e.g. 1usd = 5 points 3usd=3*5 points)
B:Exchange for product(s) of equivalent value.
Which is your preferred option (please choose only one)?

Refunds to your GB wallet will occur automatically without your reply, you will not need to do anything. However, if you wish to receive the refund via your original payment provider instead, then you must contact with us within 5 business days.

For your reference,please check this link http://www.gearbest.com/m-article.htm?id=111 for more information about GB wallet.

GB wallet is a fast and secure payment tool, making it easy to stay up-to-date with all your account transactions.

There are just some of the advantages of using GB wallet:

1)Secure Payment: your financial information always remains 100% private and secure
2)Easy-to-use Operation: It takes under a minute for you to learn how to use the user-friendly interface.
3)Smart Management: GB wallet is designed to help you manage and control your money easily and conveniently. Checking your transaction details, order history and more is effortless.
4)Free GB Points: If you choose to keep any refunds in your GB wallet, you will receive the corresponding amount of free GB points to save even more money.
5)Fast Refunds: Refunds are prioritized for wallet holders and will be issued to your GB wallet within 1-2 business days.

If you have more requests, please do not hesitate in letting us know so we can resolve the issues to you to the best of our ability.

Best Regards
Support Center

That is strange, as they still have up for pre-order, they are still going to get orders unless they take it down, unless of course they are leaving it up on purpose, so then people will just buy something else from them.

vapingmechanic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is strange, as they still have up for pre-order, they are still going to get orders unless they take it down, unless of course they are leaving it up on purpose, so then people will just buy something else from them.

Yeah I dont get it either. I'm guessing the people that haven't bugged them with an injury haven't received anything like this. So time will tell i guess

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I dont get it either. I'm guessing the people that haven't bugged them with an injury haven't received anything like this. So time will tell i guess

I ordered on the 10th, so hopefully I ordered early enough, I have no doubt the prices will go up, once the pre-orders are done.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
OK friends. Sorry for the delay in this post. I drove to Atlanta today to pick up my MiniCooper Countryman S. I got home and YAHOO my ipv4 was waiting for me. So very excited about today's surprises.
Here are the quickest shots i could take and post. I will do more (better quality and a video review) as soon as i can. (if you have a specific question or close up photo request let me know)
I will say this unit feels VERY good in the hand (compared to ipv3). This one has a real nice curve, nice weight, and solid construction. The battery "door" cover is not metal but high density plastic of some sort and has a really nice texture/touch to it. The inside is clean as a whistle and the battery trays and connections look much more solid. The screen is very nice and chip seems faster in scroll. There is a new setup button combination that allows for change to temp mode (both C and F). Just bought a hex shaped aromamizer to try a nickel build. Stay tuned. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 2015-04-28 21.29.18.jpg
    2015-04-28 21.29.18.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 55
  • 2015-04-28 21.28.33.jpg
    2015-04-28 21.28.33.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 2015-04-28 21.28.10.jpg
    2015-04-28 21.28.10.jpg
    721.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 2015-04-28 21.27.46.jpg
    2015-04-28 21.27.46.jpg
    707.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 2015-04-28 21.26.08.jpg
    2015-04-28 21.26.08.jpg
    655.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 2015-04-28 21.24.58.jpg
    2015-04-28 21.24.58.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 2015-04-28 21.24.09.jpg
    2015-04-28 21.24.09.jpg
    992.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 2015-04-28 21.20.48.jpg
    2015-04-28 21.20.48.jpg
    695.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 2015-04-28 21.23.04.jpg
    2015-04-28 21.23.04.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was wondering if that batt strap could be cut off...I mean do you guys think we really need it?
I cut both of mine off in my IPV3's ... Don't know if that would be a good idea when I get my IPV4.... ?
624323901b3516ae989ebf436765d186.jpg

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That taco shell is held on by friction(ball bearings).

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That taco shell is held on by friction(ball bearings).
I hope the shell doesn't bend or wear out .. When I placed my pre order I thought it had a metal door with magnets as viewed on YouTube... Do you have this mod?

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I also thought it was going to be metal with magnets as first discussed. But recent youtube videos and a post by Smog GB showing pics of his sample mod shows its made of high impact rubberized or coated plastic. I was in a on a pre-order from Smog GB still awaiting shipment. so hope fully it will ship out soon.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I also thought it was going to be metal with magnets as first discussed. But recent youtube videos and a post by Smog GB showing pics of his sample mod shows its made of high impact rubberized or coated plastic. I was in a on a pre-order from Smog GB still awaiting shipment. so hope fully it will ship out soon.
Thanks, I just hope this mod is worth our wait... :)

Dave Sak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man a a few of you guys have me all freaked out. I have never used gear best before. I ordered my ipv 4 two months ago. I have been impatiently waiting,, wondering, worrying the hole time. I truly hope that this all works out.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As far as I know gearbest is still good for go. The pre-sale ends may 1st. They should be shipping out after that. I'm still emailing back and forth with them. So I will let you guys know.....sorry for not responding lately...there was a major glitch with tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man a a few of you guys have me all freaked out. I have never used gear best before. I ordered my ipv 4 two months ago. I have been impatiently waiting,, wondering, worrying the hole time. I truly hope that this all works out.
Holy Moly! That's a long time for sure!
Hope you hear from them soon, like today maybe...

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I wonder if GearBest kept seeing the P4Y delays from the factory, and figured they could extend presale time, thus being able to order more units, and make more profit. Would make sense, the larger your order, the cheaper each device is. Doing so might have delayed the preorders more, but they're making more money. Just a thought.

I want people on VU to start using these. I'm needing, I mean wanting one, more every hour, let alone every day. I've waited this long, so I might as well wait for reviews. I'm thinking it's gonna be a winner. I love both of my P4Y devices, the SX330 is a great chip in it's various iterations, and temperature control is ever more appealing now that I understand what it really is. I think the silver and black combo is pretty slick, too. I would guess they will release colored battery doors, or at least someone in China will, too. It could be easily customized, Plasti Dip one the sleeve might be nice.

Hope everyone starts to get these in soon.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if GearBest kept seeing the P4Y delays from the factory, and figured they could extend presale time, thus being able to order more units, and make more profit. Would make sense, the larger your order, the cheaper each device is. Doing so might have delayed the preorders more, but they're making more money. Just a thought.

I want people on VU to start using these. I'm needing, I mean wanting one, more every hour, let alone every day. I've waited this long, so I might as well wait for reviews. I'm thinking it's gonna be a winner. I love both of my P4Y devices, the SX330 is a great chip in it's various iterations, and temperature control is ever more appealing now that I understand what it really is. I think the silver and black combo is pretty slick, too. I would guess they will release colored battery doors, or at least someone in China will, too. It could be easily customized, Plasti Dip one the sleeve might be nice.

Hope everyone starts to get these in soon.
Thanks!
Vape NW sent me an email stating they should be shipping pre orders out next week..
I own the IPV3 and know the quality of the Yihi chip is great...been vaping builds as low as .12 without a problem...and the .25-.5 ohm coils in my subtanks vape just as good...
I ordered the V4 because it doesn't look as bulky and has a batt door (taco shell)
that doesn't use those pesty little screws..also it might be cool to fool around with the Temp Control option that the V3 lacks... and for only $79.99 I think it'll make a great back up.... I do hope they ship on time..

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm ordering a second one for my brother. I'll try vapenw and see what happens first gb or vapenw. Everyone is saying they are fast so what the hell

-Free shipping at vapenw????-

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks!
Vape NW sent me an email stating they should be shipping pre orders out next week..
I own the IPV3 and know the quality of the Yihi chip is great...been vaping builds as low as .12 without a problem...and the .25-.5 ohm coils in my subtanks vape just as good...
I ordered the V4 because it doesn't look as bulky and has a batt door (taco shell)
that doesn't use those pesty little screws..also it might be cool to fool around with the Temp Control option that the V3 lacks... and for only $79.99 I think it'll make a great back up.... I do hope they ship on time..

Yeah, the price is a steal, and I love my iPV's. I hope it's like the Mini 2, and saves presets after a battery swap, unlike the iPV3. I'm shocked a Sigelei hasn't been announced yet. These are good times for vaping tech and options, despite the fact that a new model arrives almost daily it seems.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
TC is definitely a game changer. I know its been out for some time now. But these things keep advancing each model that comes out. I mean just imagine the next couple years what they will have next!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TC is definitely a game changer. I know its been out for some time now. But these things keep advancing each model that comes out. I mean just imagine the next couple years what they will have next!
Haha! My brother and I was just talking about that very thing...its a good time to be vaping for sure!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, at first I had no idea what TC truly did, when the Evolve board released that is. Now that I actually understand it all, it sounds like a drippers dream. Not even the cell phone or computer industry moves this fast, it's nuts.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I watched a couple rip tripper vids with the hana...which I have...just never tried the ni200....and he definitely is right about no dry hits....frickin fantastic!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Trip the vape fantastic Y'all! Hope this mod is a keeper.

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive ordered one too from my b&m. Tc. Can anyone explain. I dont drip.. but thinkin bout doin it

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats the reason i ordered the ipv 4... for the temperture control. Guess i dont need the tc if i dont drip??

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

If the regulations continue we'll have Blu's and their prefilled cartos only. :p

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thats the reason i ordered the ipv 4... for the temperture control. Guess i dont need the tc if i dont drip??
You don't need to drip, you just need to build using Ni200 wire, not Kanthal. Set your temp, as your wick drys out, a lack of liquid will cause the coil to get hotter, and it will cut it off once it reaches your max temp, presumably prior to running dry. Dry hits can happen with tanks, too. I've had them with Kayfuns. Also, the Subtank and Atlantis both make Ni200 heads, so if you get some, and you have those tanks or tank, you can use them.

I think it's a bit more valuable for dripping, dry hits are much easier to come by with one, but it has it's place with tanks, too. I don't currently own a TC mod, yet, so anybody feel free to correct or elaborate my words. Point is, it's useful with tanks, too.

I used RTAs until I got my iPV3, and now I basically drip always. You might start to get into dripping with the iPV4, might not, but RDA's are cheap, so no huge investment to try.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If the regulations continue we'll have Blu's and their prefilled cartos only. :p
Yeah, I worry about this, but I don't think mechs will disappear. They can't IMO, sell them with a 510 flashlight attachment, and it's a flashlight. At worst, mechs will stay around. China will probably still at least attempt to keep making regulated devices, but customs could become an issue. That's why it's kinda good that tech is advancing so fast. We can get the new stuff, in case there ceases to be new stuff in a couple years.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I worry about this, but I don't think mechs will disappear. They can't IMO, sell them with a 510 flashlight attachment, and it's a flashlight. At worst, mechs will stay around. China will probably still at least attempt to keep making regulated devices, but customs could become an issue. That's why it's kinda good that tech is advancing so fast. We can get the new stuff, in case there ceases to be new stuff in a couple years.
They will still have them....many people nowadays have them for either nostalgia, a spare battery laying around, portability, and for that collection.

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tbac mor... thanks for the reply. I will probably use my tanks at work... but when home thats when i want to drip. How long do builds last before having to redo

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think sigelei has tc

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No. It doesnt. Thats why i ordered the ipv 4

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I assume you mean dripping with tc and ni200...because you can still drip with a sigelei 150 just with cotton and kanthal

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes. Im all new to the dripping scene. All say much better flavor dripping. I need to learn how 2 build as well

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I got you. I hear varying things between rdas and subtanks. Both parties are going to argue either way. You can find tons of tutorials on YouTube

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got the vct pro tank. Its awesome. But always wanted to build and drip.

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeh. Utube has been my best friend on vaping. Lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys were getting way off topic on the IPV4 update thread...just sayin

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When i got into sub ohm tanks.. i started with the kangertech.. it was good.. but then got an artic.. its really good.. then got a starre.. its pretty good... now the vct pro... its the best so far.. now on to building and dripping.. lol

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok. My b&m said the ipv 4 i ordered from them would ship friday and i would have it next wednesday

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no willpower at all LOL I've been reading this thread for ages, and today I pulled the plug and preordered from VapeNW. I was going to get one from Gearbest and save a bunch of $$ but reading the cancellations made me realized I should go for the tried and true!

mntman09

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Agreed. But with 2 mods.. i wont need another

VU Sponsors