Become a Patron!

UWell Crown -- no flavor?

hi guys,

my Uwell Crown was performing nicely until the last week or so. good flavor, no real leaks, coils (1.2 ohm) were holding up for at least 1 week, etc. etc. -- all the good things you hear about this tank.

I cleaned the tank out to change flavors, re-assembled everything properly, and went about my day. later on in that day, I noticed there was a very tiny o-ring on my kitchen counter near where I had cleaned my tank. I disassembled my tank again and tried to pinpoint where exactly this may have come from, but I could not find anything. I chalked it up to it being an o-ring perhaps from older hardware, or unrelated to me completely.

however, ever since then, my Crown has been producing sufficient vapor but little to no flavor. note also that there is no leaking occurring, either.

• I have re-washed and re-assembled the tank a few times.
  • I have looked through review videos on youtube, where they show a close-up of the tank. all of my o-rings matched the ones displayed in the videos - none appeared to be missing
  • I have tried the 1.2 ohm and 0.5 coils.
  • I repeated the steps shown in everyone's favorite wicking video:
  • I have even resorted to sticking a sewing needle through the coils to see if it was a matter of insufficient wicking.
as I said, the vapor production is there. but no matter the coil strength or wattage I pump into it, the flavor is absolutely muted. the tank is sucking in juice like normal but not producing taste (60VG BX Vapor juice, other 50/50 blends from different vendors).

could this tiny, rogue o-ring (if it is related) have created such chaos that it destroyed the vacuum in my tank? am I doomed until I buy a new tank?

TLDR: Crown performed well. noticed small, misplaced o-ring but unsure if it was even a part of my tank at all. coils produce no flavor.

any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might try the .25 coil.. At 60-65w it produces awesome flavor and plenty of thick, milky white vapor..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Might try the .25 coil.. At 60-65w it produces awesome flavor and plenty of thick, milky white vapor..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Using both 0.5 and 1.2 coils within their respective power ranges have produced similar results: fine vapor but little to no flavor. Thank you for your suggestion.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
HAVE YOU TRIED DIFFERENT JUICES
OR THE SAME JUICE IN A DIFFERENT ATTY
you may have vapors tongue

HAVE YOU TRIED DIFFERENT JUICES
OR THE SAME JUICE IN A DIFFERENT ATTY
you may have vapors tongue
Yes. I have tried different flavor profiles from different vendors with various PG/VG levels. The coils are all functioning the same: little to no flavor, but decent vapor production.

How about post a pic of said o ring...
@ work currently so no picture available but I could post one when I get home. it was incredible small, maybe the 1/4th of a dime (coin). looked like an o-ring for a drip tip, almost. but I have the proper o-rings on my drip tip.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok dumb question for clarification
did you wash the coils as well? or just the tank parts?

Valkyrie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
just some insight fom my prospective...alot of the coils dont have a small clear o ring thats supposed to be placed at the top of the threads just below the pan that houses the coil and wick...if that o ring isnt there it wont wick properly...if you want to know if its there and coil head is in tank, close off air flow and dry pull, if you can get air flow, the o ring is missing, if its a tight pull, the o ring is there...might not be your issue but, folks may need to know if its going on with theirs...cheers

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find if I soak the tank in anything other than pure water, the flavor is lost.......unless I soak the coil separately in water only. This also happens if I remove gunk from the coil manually.

Maybe there is a way to clean coils that retains flavor?

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where the top and the bottom chimney meet, the bottom has threads that screw into the top, the bottom has a tiny o-ring that goes just below the threads.

VU Sponsors