Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown Taste

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just used all 3 coils that was included no they have had the burnt rubber taste for the first tank. How's your experience
If you're referring to the stock coils, I only had the off taste till the coils and cotton was set. It went away after around 10 minutes usually. It is a process to get these coils primed and set, but really worth it.
And in regards to the pre made coils with the RBA head...I had my own SS wire, so I never used them. I have been building mine around .6-.7

Last edited:

PremiumVapeSupply

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Just an FYI, I've had an issue with a customer that said that his tank tasted "oily" and had a residual sickening flavor to him. I've experienced it myself after mixing several different fruit flavors after juicing with dessert flavors. The residue build up in the chimney can cause flavors to not respond properly causing nasty flavors. If you're going from dessert to fruit, I'd definitely suggest cleaning out your tank completely with alcohol and q-tips. And another easter egg: I hate honeydew flavors.

ailgaz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just an FYI, I've had an issue with a customer that said that his tank tasted "oily" and had a residual sickening flavor to him. I've experienced it myself after mixing several different fruit flavors after juicing with dessert flavors. The residue build up in the chimney can cause flavors to not respond properly causing nasty flavors. If you're going from dessert to fruit, I'd definitely suggest cleaning out your tank completely with alcohol and q-tips. And another easter egg: I hate honeydew flavors.
That sickening oily taste did go away after a few tanks. I have a feeling it was because the original coils that came with the tank were sitting in the same packaging and the smell from the brand new tank seeped into the coils? I tried a new coil and that taste was very faint, nothing compared to the original coil head. I switch coils when I go from dessert to fruity/candy flavors. In any case, the original coil also gave me dry hit issues and I ended up putting a few holes through the cotton with a needle and the flavor is better than ever. The tank is just awesome paired with an ipv4s. .25 coils running at 57w guzzling Milk Man and Gello. Can't be happier right now.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just rewicked another stock coil head a couple days ago and it worked beautifully again. Getting the head out can be a bitch with all of the cotton in it. I use normal (not pointy) tweezers to remove a good bit of the cotton from the top. Once it's thinned out you can push the coil out of the bottom. Even though I use way less cotton to re-wick the head than it comes stock it wicks perfectly. No flooding or dry hits at all.

awoodby

Member For 4 Years
I put a drop of juice on each wick hole, then run it around the top, maybe twice, to let it soak down, then usually let it sit in juice for a few minutes to be sure (or prime a bit more if i'm in a hurry)

The first, I don't know, dozen hits ARE going to be not so good... so blow instead of suck! No point in tasting THAT right?

The crown has some seriously great flavor, I just ordered some stainless wire to try to get that much flavor from my drippers actually.

The rebuildable atomizer for the crown? Hrm, it's OK, but single coil and not nearly the wicking of the purchased coils. Yet, when I've tried... But I'm sure I'll pull them out again and try again!

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put a drop of juice on each wick hole, then run it around the top, maybe twice, to let it soak down, then usually let it sit in juice for a few minutes to be sure (or prime a bit more if i'm in a hurry)

The first, I don't know, dozen hits ARE going to be not so good... so blow instead of suck! No point in tasting THAT right?

The crown has some seriously great flavor, I just ordered some stainless wire to try to get that much flavor from my drippers actually.

The rebuildable atomizer for the crown? Hrm, it's OK, but single coil and not nearly the wicking of the purchased coils. Yet, when I've tried... But I'm sure I'll pull them out again and try again!

Once I learned how to wick it, the rba is awesome. More flavor than the stock

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Instead of stuffing it in there. Fluff the cotton into the sides. If that makes sense lol

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe I'll rebuild it tonight with some ti wire I bought. Right now I'm loving the twisted 30 gauge nickel.

awoodby

Member For 4 Years
Hrm, I will just have to play with that more. My wicking-foo is weak. Getting coils down finally, next to learn is wicking!

awoodby

Member For 4 Years
Hrm, thus far I only made one. I used a (cheated) purchased clapton coil, .3 ohm, probably 2.5mm diameter. I really think wicking is what I need to get better at (I've gotten making my own coils down fairly well). I've only started really trying this week, for months I'd make one here and there, rebuilding a few kanger subtanks and their rba was fine.

I've watched a lot of wick videos and read a lot, just need to make more. Last night I speed tested a few different types by dipping in water and letting them race. I'll get it!

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hrm, thus far I only made one. I used a (cheated) purchased clapton coil, .3 ohm, probably 2.5mm diameter. I really think wicking is what I need to get better at (I've gotten making my own coils down fairly well). I've only started really trying this week, for months I'd make one here and there, rebuilding a few kanger subtanks and their rba was fine.

I've watched a lot of wick videos and read a lot, just need to make more. Last night I speed tested a few different types by dipping in water and letting them race. I'll get it!
I have had phenomenal results with rip trippers pancake wicking

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ef7d25fedcb4a1e192dafce155e51546.jpg

Just did a ti build. 8 wraps around a 2.5mm. Anyways this is how fluffy I stuff the cotton. Once I put the head in a fluff it some more. Titanium definitely tastes a lot better.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still waiting for Uwell to replace my RBA - they've been sitting on it for 9 days and don't seem to return my emails anymore:(

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
However, I enjoyed the taste of my twisted nickel build. Seems to have better flavor

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What was wrong with it

It made no connection on either of my crown bases, either with the stock coil, or with three others I tried making. I did read on the other forum about someone who had two with the same issue. I emailed Uwell and they said send it in (they're in California), so I did. Then nada!

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sucks. I did notice though that if I screw in the base super tight to my mod, it won't read

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sucks. I did notice though that if I screw in the base super tight to my mod, it won't read
I tried it on three different mods, and my USA Ohm meter - however, I did just call them, and they're going to call me back in half an hour (we'll see!)

Aye P

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am curious to see if my ni200 coil head on the Crown is functioning correctly. When I fire it off my temp, resistance and wattage go bezerk. They constantly change. I am using it on my Snowwolf 200w box mod. Anyone experience this as well and is it normal?

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am curious to see if my ni200 coil head on the Crown is functioning correctly. When I fire it off my temp, resistance and wattage go bezerk. They constantly change. I am using it on my Snowwolf 200w box mod. Anyone experience this as well and is it normal?
Is it dry?

Aye P

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it dry?
No, I saturated the coil very well and it feels like it is working fine but I noticed the digital display on my mod going crazy so I took it out and switched to the .25 coil head for now.

Aye P

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dang it, I just bought it yesterday and was excited to try the temp control. I'll just buy another one I guess lol.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
it could be a bad connection some where
make sure everything is screwed together well
make sure all the connection points are clean and free of dirt and juice
make sure you lock resistance in at room temp

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I should get my SX mini tomorrow. In preps for some comparison testing on coils, I took my two crowns apart to clean up and change coils. I was still on the 2 originals I put in when I got them a month ago.

The new nickle this time didn't have that nasty taste. Like at all. I blew out the first 3 though. The. 5 SS had it, but didn't take half a tank to get rid of. I blew out a few with that one. The nickle was pretty good from the start. But I know both will get better.

Tomorrow I'll get to try both in TC off the same mod. Then I'm going to try the .5 and .25 side by side on same mod to see what I like better.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think some of these issues may come from not taking enough time to prime the coil. These have a ton of cotton, and I prime mine with the care I would give one of those old cartos - it takes a few minutes. I'm afraid if you boil it it will compact the cotton and won't taste as good - I could be wrong, but I boiled a bunch of nasty old used coils, and while the first tank was ok, the flavor was slightly muted and not nearly as good as a brand new coil. So let us know how it turns out ! That said, I don't find the Ni200 coils as flavorful as the 0.25 coils.

ironman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll try it with a bunch of coils I bought. But since I love the rba I won't really need it. I've tried soaking the entire coil in juice, and it still had that nasty taste. It taste like oil tbh.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya, same here... Tastes like oil. Which is slightly odd since all the Crown stuff is squeaky clean. But what can you say... Tastes like oil. Like they don't clean the wire.

Maybe you could try soaking it in alcohol. But that would just dissolve it and allow the cotton to soak it in. I'm going to continue to blow out the first few burns. Breathing in "stuff" made in China doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy.

I suppose if I get bored, I could pull a new one apart and dry burn it and see what it looks like.

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my crown tank a couple of days ago, took my time priming the coils and breaking them in, slowly increasing the wattage. I got no bad oily taste, but my big mistake, after all that, was letting my wife try it. I haven't seen it since, except in passing. Looks like I'm gonna have to order another one for myself. Does anyone know of a good deal? The vendors with low prices seem to have trouble keeping the crown and related items in stock.

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm still waiting for the flavor everyone is raving about. Even at 70w on the .5, there's nothing I would brag about. Still using the coils that came with it as well.

awoodby

Member For 4 Years
I get lots of vapor at high watts, but not the flavor. I stick to the 30-40w range for flavor.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still waiting for the flavor everyone is raving about. Even at 70w on the .5, there's nothing I would brag about. Still using the coils that came with it as well.
I found awesome flavor with the .25 at 60-65w.. very happy with my crown being both a flavor and cloud blowin' tank, lolol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After the fourth day of vaping, the flavor has really picked up. Cotton is still pristine. Had some leaking issues but solved them for now.

Enjoying the Crown if this keeps up.

Any place to get verified authentic replacement coils?

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After the fourth day of vaping, the flavor has really picked up. Cotton is still pristine. Had some leaking issues but solved them for now.

Enjoying the Crown if this keeps up.

Any place to get verified authentic replacement coils?
Ebay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They quite often go on sale at either code3vapor or ecig.com - I've bought lots from both places.

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The leaking issues return. It's so unfortunate because it's such a beautiful tank. All the O rings seem to be in place and not damaged. Seems to be a common thing with this tank, more so with the black ones it appears.
I just got the new Horizon Arctic V8 and I'm in love.

Mlsacre82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i use my crown on a tesla nano at about 80w on the .25 coils.the crowns best flavor comes from higher wattage in my opinion

VU Sponsors