Become a Patron!

mikeybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Has anybody tried pairing an rda to this mod? Or any rda that would pair nicely to it?

I love the looks of tube mech mods, but I don't want to constantly worry about it exploding on my face.

Last edited:

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anybody tried pairing an rda to this mod? Or any rda that would pair nicely to it?

I love the looks of mech mods, but I don't want to constantly worry about it exploding on my face.
If you learn your ohms law (or use a calculator), and use and care for batteries appropriate to your build, mechs will not explode in your face.

That said, the Nunchaku would work well with any 24-25 mm RDA. I have the black and gold Nunchaku, and have used a brass Kennedy 25 on top.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

mikeybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
If you learn your ohms law (or use a calculator), and use and care for batteries appropriate to your build, mechs will not explode in your face.

That said, the Nunchaku would work well with any 24-25 mm RDA. I have the black and gold Nunchaku, and have used a brass Kennedy 25 on top.

Could I see a pic of them? :) Torn whether I should get the black/gold or the rainbow one. Black/gold looks more like a mech mod but rainbow is beautiful, just looks like a smok stick.

Also, I found those things too much of hassle that's why I tend to stay away from mechs.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not with the RDA, but here's the black & gold...
7125449399a7c478fff56d28f70c1545.jpg

mikeybee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

If I were to use a single batt mech mod and use a steam engine calculator and say, used a 0.20 ohm pre built coil, use a 20a batts with 3.7v (as said in the calculator), or stay below it, i should be safe right? Also, as the battery dies down and need a charge, it wouldn't be dangerous using it right? Would it just lessen the effectivity of the mod?

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I were to use a single batt mech mod and use a steam engine calculator and say, used a 0.20 ohm pre built coil, use a 20a batts with 3.7v (as said in the calculator), or stay below it, i should be safe right? Also, as the battery dies down and need a charge, it wouldn't be dangerous using it right? Would it just lessen the effectivity of the mod?
Yup. You're on the right track...

A 0.2Ω build with a 20 Amp cell will, at most, draw 21 Amps at 4.2 Volts. Since there WILL be some voltage drop, it will certainly be less than that, and should be perfectly safe (assuming your battery is in good shape and is authentic). As the battery drains, the voltage drops further, therefore the amps drawn decrease, but the CDR remains the same...

VU Sponsors