Become a Patron!

Vape unit with timer?

Hello, I am currently in the MN medical [Edited by Staff] program and I am wondering if there is any such thing as a vape pen/unit that has an inhalation timer. To better explain...my prescription says to take 1-3 puffs up to 10 times a day and that the inhalations should be one second in duration and I would like to not have to pay such close attention to how much I am taking with each puff. So is there a unit where I can set it to cut power to the cartridge after one second? I know most have a max of eight seconds, but that duration cannot be changed. Thanks for reading.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sort off, there is quite a few mods that have power curves which could be made to cut most of the power that would basically stop the vapor production. You set the watt level second to second of a ten second curve. You could set it to drop the watts to the minimum after 1 or 2 seconds which would would do what you want. You may only be able to drop it to say 5 watts after a second or two of say 40 watts. So when it dropped to 5 watts the vapor production would basically stop. Best of luck

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hello, I am currently in the MN medical [Edited by Staff] program and I am wondering if there is any such thing as a vape pen/unit that has an inhalation timer. To better explain...my prescription says to take 1-3 puffs up to 10 times a day and that the inhalations should be one second in duration and I would like to not have to pay such close attention to how much I am taking with each puff. So is there a unit where I can set it to cut power to the cartridge after one second? I know most have a max of eight seconds, but that duration cannot be changed. Thanks for reading.

We can't really talk about what you are using it for on the forum because it's against the rules....
but I know what you have and what you are using it for and I think I can help you out without breaking the rules..

Since you are going to be using this for low power you'd want to find something that went by 1/2 watts so you can dial it in best.

Some devices go 0, 5, 10, 15, etc...
Some go by single watts: 1,2,3,4 etc...
You'd want one that went by 1/2 watts 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, etc...

You are working at low power high ohms.
Probably around 1.6 ohms and somewhere between 8 and 12 watts
If you are used to a pen you re probably used to volts.
at 1.6 ohms 9 watts is about 3.8 volts., 9.5 watts is about 3.9 volts, 10 watts is about 4 volts, etc...

A mod with a DNA board will work great for you.
The cart is going to look kind of dumb on there but I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker.

My old Hana V4s DNA40 mod works great at lower watts and they go down to 1/2 a watt.

Sometimes 10 watts is too much and 9 watts is too little so having the ability to dial it in to 9.5 watts is a huge plus.

Does anyone know if the DNA60 goes in 1/2 watts like the DNA40?

This is what the Hana V4s DNA40 looks like:

upload_2019-10-20_19-44-28.png

I'm not sure if the DNA60 goes by 1/2 watts but if it does they can be hooked to software called "escribe" which allows more control.

I'm not sure of a device that cuts off after a certain length of time.
Depending on the coil type with escribe you could set the preheat at whatever watts you wanted for 1 or 1.5 seconds and then just set the mod really low like at 3 watts.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure of the dna 60 but may be even cheaper. The innokin proton does half watt increments.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why not just use a variable output lab grade power supply and a timer controller to control how long the output is on. One could also use a raspberry pi or such to control the output to the atomizer and monitor and feed the results into a computer for compilation of the data for analysis.

That is assuming that I understand what is trying to be achieved here.

VU Sponsors