Become a Patron!
One of the most exciting new technological products to hit the marketplace in a while is *****. Many people are unaware of what Vapes really are. Basically, a vaporizer looks like a pack of cigarettes but does not include the ash or nicotine. Instead, it consists of a coil, an electrical power source for the vapor, and an outer container like a tank or cartridge.

Since ***** are an alternative to smoking, they have been viewed as an alternative to regular cigarettes. The main concern for many health experts is the fact that vapor from ******contain highly addictive nicotine, which is much more highly addictive than regular cigarettes.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The Myth of Nicotine Addiction

Is Nicotine Really All That Addictive

More

First let me say it is better to let people have facts and adequate information to decided what is or isn't. Presenting the pros and cons on equal grounds lets one try to remain objective and objectivity helps clarify a lot of things.

Second the general consensus among most vapers here is that nicotine is addictive as caffeine. My wife notes that I often go up to two weeks between cups of coffee at times. Other times I might drink three cups a day for weeks on end.

My friend @Lady Sarah makes an excellent point about leading horses to water but not making them drink. I think that is my stance as well as relates to addictions. Addiction/s like much in life ultimately come to being a choice we each make.

Third and speaking of choices, I think you likely ought to go see the rules of the forum. You might want to give the vendor rules some consideration. If you got questions on that I'm sure @5150sick, @KingPin! can help you out.

Fourthly, you don't mention RDAs. You're information is very outdated or incorrect, or both. It would seem your intention may lie in disinformation or misinformation & hawking your wares. I just have to keep walking right on by you without breaking my blank stare off into space. Figure lots will be the same.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
E5vpmtjWYAIttko.jpg

nethanpaul

Member For 2 Years
According to an article published in New Scientist “Those who ditched cigarettes and vaped instead saw their blood vessel function increase by around 1.5 percentage points within four weeks compared with those who continued smoking.” That same article continues to explain that for every 1% in improvement in vascular health, you lower your risk of cardiovascular events by 13%.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
According to an article published in New Scientist “Those who ditched cigarettes and vaped instead saw their blood vessel function increase by around 1.5 percentage points within four weeks compared with those who continued smoking.”

Which article, or is it in "offline" print? Welcome to the information age. Here we can be directed via links to research articles that are peer reviewed independently. That's about as close to being objectively factual we can get.

You post something like this we cannot verify, confirm. It leaves some to wonder if you're trying to misinform, or dis-inform. Either way it seems you're trying to deceive on some level. Thought you ought to know, or maybe you do.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Which article, or is it in "offline" print? Welcome to the information age. Here we can be directed via links to research articles that are peer reviewed independently. That's about as close to being objectively factual we can get.

You post something like this we cannot verify, confirm. It leaves some to wonder if you're trying to misinform, or dis-inform. Either way it seems you're trying to deceive on some level. Thought you ought to know, or maybe you do.
:slowclap:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It usually works without quotes too.

ba2394a2a43cc0e177f87714e3e65bb9.jpg
Uh huh, I was just meaning as in the act of quoting whatever. I often had trouble with Google as it quit using boolean and reg ex. Also their results were always skewed to whatever was promoted with the most cash, or earned most advert revenue.

Google and by extension the NSA went evil. Alphabet, Google's parent company is indeed owned by the NSA. They also make killer soldier robots as well. Which makes me laugh a bit. The robots as far as I'm aware are not waterproofed. Imagine the fun one could have with a car battery, pool of water and such robots.

Killer for sher! :D :)

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I think this is the exact article, November 2019:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe I'm missing something, but that link from Carambrda doesn't take me to the article. It takes me to a search engine.

Yes, and the first link from the results leads directly to that article. Click the first link and it takes you to this next search results page. The first link in that page's results is a link to the article.

It's two clicks away, which isn't terrible, too buried. I just don't use Google and didn't bother to quote the words to search. Fair enough to say it was laziness on two parts. I was too lazy to go chase it down. The OP was too lazy to supply a direct link.

It happens, just human nature and always will be.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, and the first link from the results leads directly to that article. Click the first link and it takes you to this next search results page. The first link in that page's results is a link to the article.

It's two clicks away, which isn't terrible, too buried. I just don't use Google and didn't bother to quote the words to search. Fair enough to say it was laziness on two parts. I was too lazy to go chase it down. The OP was too lazy to supply a direct link.

It happens, just human nature and always will be.
Sorry if I'm being irritable, but I don't understand the point of taking the circuitous route when you can post a link to the actual article. As I looked through this thread I was seeing google google goo goo goo. Google is famous for suppressing information to promote narratives, so if they change the algorhythm, future readers of this thread may get something else when they click that search engine link.

But whatever. Now the thread has the google search link and the actual article link, so people can do what they like.

I think I'm irritable because yesterday I had to have the "vaping is as bad as smoking" conversation with a friend I'd not seen in a while. "What makes you think that?" "I just know, I hear about it and I read about it". Then the conversation, and you have to bear down, because your antzy friend will often want to shut it down, in the midst of which I am willing to raise my voice just a little, "NO. I'm only asking for critical thinking":

1. Vaping is to quit smoking, is tobacco harm reduction, is not a fun thing like makeout parties and pink punk cosmo drinks for college kids to take up, and for teens to want to emulate, and sales of vape materials to underage are not allowed.
2. Propylene glycol is the carrier liquid in asthma inhalers and other inhaled medications. It is not anti-freeze.
3. Vegetable glycerin has internal medicine properties in suppositories, eye drops, ear drops and other things, is used in toothpaste and bath products, and is widely consumed in candies, ice cream and other foods
4. Pure pharmaceutical grade liquid nicotine, divorced from burning dried tobacco leaves and tobacco company additives, is a mild stimulant like caffeine, and no more harmful, though it is more addictive than caffeine. In considering it vis a vis heart conditions, blood pressure issues and so forth, it should only be compared to caffeine, not to cigarettes, and those with health issues whose doctors forbid them caffeine, are probably forbidden nicotine, but again, IT IS TO STAY OFF CIGARETTES.
5. Vaping is the only widely successful method of sustained smoking cessation in the history of the world
6. In the UK, vape shops are allowed to operate in hospitals.
7. There have been scandals with vitamin E oil and other things in vapes causing severe harm. Never buy your vape liquid from a guy in a nightclub.

Fortunately I've had this conversation so often with friends and family, I have it down pat, but it still leaves me irritated because they're going back to their mainstream media brainwash and convince themselves I'm wrong. I guess I'll just have a nice vape now.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry if I'm being irritable, but I don't understand the point of taking the circuitous route when you can post a link to the actual article.
Google is famous for suppressing information to promote narratives, so if they change the algorhythm, future readers of this thread may get something else when they click that search engine link.
I quite agree with your point & if the OP had posted a direct link we'd not have gotten the Google link. As it is, "it'll be what it'll be". *smh*

Fortunately I've had this conversation so often with friends and family, I have it down pat, but it still leaves me irritated because they're going back to their mainstream media brainwash and convince themselves I'm wrong.

Yep. That's the way "she be". Yes, got more but not worth the electrons to share. Suffice to say, yes, know well how it goes.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
...got more but not worth the electrons to share. Suffice to say, yes, know well how it goes.
If you've got more I'd love to see it. I'm always trying to refine my spiel, make it more understandable to people, fill it with information they can easily verify on their own.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you've got more I'd love to see it. I'm always trying to refine my spiel, make it more understandable to people, fill it with information they can easily verify on their own.

I apologize. That was misspoke.. What I meant was there's more on other subject matters. Find I face similar brick walls you face like with vaping. Some of what I've got can be verified easily. Some not so much so. A lot of requires thinking, research and ultimately people aren't bothered to do either.

So, as I said not worth going into here.

VU Sponsors