Become a Patron!

Vaping and working out

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't do any weightlifting. However, I will say that I am a whole lot more active since vaping than I was when smoking. Cleaner lungs make a big difference. Plus, it takes just seconds to puff versus 5 to 7 minutes to smoke a coffin nail. That gives more time to get stuff done.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not nearly as much as cigarettes, anytime you draw in anything but clean air it effects your health. Vaping isn't any worse for you than a walk in most any town.

SandwichSD

Member For 4 Years
I have done no research, but I also train 6 days a week (3 on, 2 off), and have been for many years, at the Gold's here in Mesa. In my experience so far, there is no noticeable effect in regards to weight-lifting pro or con, with the exception of appetite.

For those who are eating in a surplus for weight gain, the nicotine can have a slight effect on damping down their appetite, but I honestly don't believe the effect is enough to be an issue.
I'm also a member of the forums on bodybuilding and vaping has been discussed before....but no real adverse effects have been brought up and can suggest you only to take a look at Vawoo to buy something and get more sets .

On a lighter note, think of the strange looks you would get if you started vaping in between sets....lol.

Last edited:
I have done no research, but I also train 6 days a week (3 on, 2 off), and have been for many years, at the Gold's here in Mesa. In my experience so far, there is no noticeable effect in regards to weight-lifting pro or con, with the exception of appetite.

For those who are eating in a surplus for weight gain, the nicotine can have a slight effect on damping down their appetite, but I honestly don't believe the effect is enough to be an issue.

I'm also a member of the forums on bodybuilding and vaping has been discussed before....but no real adverse effects have been brought up.

On a lighter note, think of the strange looks you would get if you started vaping in between sets....lol.
Kind of randomly came up to my mind that do you stop vaping an x amount of hours before working out? My friend told me about this a while ago that he does this about 3 hours before going to the gym.

VU Sponsors