Become a Patron!

vaping, is it as bad as regular cigarettes or not as bad?

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
i would rather be paying $3.00/day than $30.00 a day (in australia it is 30 bucks/25fags). plus i never run out of smokes, i can change the taste, feel healthier enjoy diy recipes and me and my clothes dont smell. if i spend 50 bucks i can puff all day for a month. so bottom line is 30bucksx7=210/week so i can get 2months instead of a few days, plus i get to know and talk to great new friends, yes there are f!!kwits but thankfully i have only met 3 of them.
vape, enjoy taste,great hobby and cheap how can it get better?

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
*clears throat, pauses to compose*

On one hand I would love to spew vitriol of a vaping zealot all over you. On the other hand I can actually see where you might logically conclude as you have. Vaping does require use of batteries which may be a danger in their use. The batteries also present environmental issues.

Can only address the argument batteries may be a danger with use. Education defeats ignorance in this case. Help people understand and develop habits of safe battery use. This assists in mitigating that risk.

There's also black market juices which can be a danger. Again, education is the key. Teach people to be better consumers and to buy only from reputable vendors, ones that value having a good image in the vaping sector. Yes, black markets will still exist. You will though create a consumer base more aware of the risks entailed.

There's really nothing more which can be done unless in government, of course it is causing more black markets. Consumers & the industry was regulating itself. Then, government got involved. Thanks Big Tobacco, Big Pharmacology.

So yes can see your rationale. Still feel strongly that vaping is of less risk than cigarettes. Would that you come to share that view great. If not, enjoy your merry way.
good one

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you should be able to tell by the fag ash and brown fingers,
He was lurking about at 6:08 AM. I take it that he is looking for ammo to use in his anti-vaping thesis due next week. I hope his professor throws the book at him for wasting valuable time thinking vapers intelligent enough to do what we do ... will feed him with anti-vaping propaganda that they haven't already made up.

What's he expecting? If you vape, your ears will fall off?

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
He was lurking about at 6:08 AM. I take it that he is looking for ammo to use in his anti-vaping thesis due next week. I hope his professor throws the book at him for wasting valuable time thinking vapers intelligent enough to do what we do ... will feed him with anti-vaping propaganda that they haven't already made up.

its better he keep his mouth shut and let people think he is stupid,than to open it and prove it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Oh, figure he expects we're all mutant idiots who know not what we do.

Point of fact, as far as aware I'm the only actual certified mutant on this forum. Often I do not know what I am doing. Learned a long time ago, as a boy from a U.S. Army Ranger, it is far better to not know what you're doing.

First of all if you're captured by an enemy and get tortured you've got no valued information. You're not a liability to your forces and not an asset for an enemy. You can easily then pass for a non-threatening entity. That means the enemy will divert attention away from you. You can then raise hell tearing their shit up.

Secondly, if you actually know what you're doing you'll think and that is often the first and last mistake. Thinking can cause paralysis. You'll start by wondering why the "planners" create this plan the way they did. You'll then start second guessing, doubting, fear sets in ... you get paralyzed. You'll not let your basic training carry you through what needs done to follow the "general order". That general order likely includes phrases such as Adapt, Escape, Evade, Survive, Calm, Never Surrender.

If not the militant type this knowledge still applies because you need to live. Living can at times seem a form of combat. Still better to not know what you're doing. Life often screws up plans anyway. That's life for us though, absolutely absurd, no rhyme or reason to it. There's no destiny, fate ... these are simply lies we tell ourselves to try staying sane.

*hears radio advertisement voice over*

"Suffer insanity? Stop. Enjoy it instead." Remember to :). Run 'er slow y'all.

"What you on about, @MyMagicMist ?"

"Ah, that a be me just a using a my kidney, eh! Whatsa matta you?"

Odd factoid for you. According to various disciplines in science, medicine we're all, all of humanity actually mutants. Our species like all animals and even plants have adapted to keep living. Adaptation, change keep us mutating. Change is the only eternal and constant. All the rest is transient.

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Oh, figure he expects we're all mutant idiots who know not what we do.

Point of fact, as far as aware I'm the only actual certified mutant on this forum. Often I do not know what I am doing. Learned a long time ago, as a boy from a U.S. Army Ranger, it is far better to not know what you're doing.

First of all if you're captured by an enemy and get tortured you've got no valued information. You're not a liability to your forces and not an asset for an enemy. You can easily then pass for a non-threatening entity. That means the enemy will divert attention away from you. You can then raise hell tearing their shit up.

Secondly, if you actually know what you're doing you'll think and that is often the first and last mistake. Thinking can cause paralysis. You'll start by wondering why the "planners" create this plan the way they did. You'll then start second guessing, doubting, fear sets in ... you get paralyzed. You'll not let your basic training carry you through what needs done to follow the "general order". That general order likely includes phrases such as Adapt, Escape, Evade, Survive, Calm, Never Surrender.

If not the militant type this knowledge still applies because you need to live. Living can at times seem a form of combat. Still better to not know what you're doing. Life often screws up plans anyway. That's life for us though, absolutely absurd, no rhyme or reason to it. There's no destiny, fate ... these are simply lies we tell ourselves to try staying sane.

*hears radio advertisement voice over*

"Suffer insanity? Stop. Enjoy it instead." Remember to :). Run 'er slow y'all.

"What you on about, @MyMagicMist ?"

"Ah, that a be me just a using a my kidney, eh! Whatsa matta you?"

Odd factoid for you. According to various disciplines in science, medicine we're all, all of humanity actually mutants. Our species like all animals and even plants have adapted to keep living. Adaptation, change keep us mutating. Change is the only eternal and constant. All the rest is transient.
little bit heavy my friend all i used to hear for 12 years the word "snafu". i guess you know where thats from,
take it easy buddy.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
little bit heavy my friend all i used to hear for 12 years the word "snafu". i guess you know where thats from,
take it easy buddy.

Aye, that I do mate as well as the meaning. Not an FNG here.
You're correct too, SITREP reads snafu.

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Aye, that I do mate as well as the meaning. Not an FNG here.
You're correct too, SITREP reads snafu.
i still have a bullet inside. funny thing was, when it happened it was just like a kick in the back.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i still have a bullet inside. funny thing was, when it happened it was just like a kick in the back.

No bullets inside fortunately. Come close once, or few times. Real fun stuff. Fair bit not worthy of print.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No bullets inside fortunately. Come close once, or few times. Real fun stuff. Fair bit not worthy of print.
Still enough to make the adrenaline flow. Hear the bullet before the report, know exactly where to look for the shooter whether or not you can see the person. It still sucks.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Still enough to make the adrenaline flow. Hear the bullet before the report, know exactly where to look for the shooter whether or not you can see the person. It still sucks.
you dont hear it, or know where it comes from or who did it. it is weird in that its only later that it really hurts.
take care my friend

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
you dont hear it, or know where it comes from or who did it. it is weird in that its only later that it really hurts.
take care my friend

Indeed. Had an incident with rock salt in the bum. Never really felt it until after I stopped running. Grandfather had let both shotgun barrels fly. Got grazed / burned by the rock salt. Next day it hurt because he hug dug it out with a dull knife edge using whiskey to clean knife & wound.

Us grand kids didn't tip cattle at night after that. *chuckles* Pawpaw taught us a lesson. He meant business against something he thought might have been a threat.

Another time I faced down a loaded gun pointed into my forehead. There were a few other times I was engaged in other stuff. Have even been the side wielding. Either spot isn't anything I care to feel any pride over.

The comparison between vaping and smoking regular cigarettes is complex, and it depends on various factors.
Harmful Chemicals,
Nicotine Addiction ,
Secondhand Exposure
Youth and Non-Smokers
while vaping is generally considered less harmful than smoking traditional cigarettes

VU Sponsors