Become a Patron!

vaping, is it as bad as regular cigarettes or not as bad?

Hello guys,,
I'm considering taking up vaping because my bank account is too full /s
I've heard conflicting reports about vaping saying it is or isn't the same as regular cigarettes. Any insight would be appreciated.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
per many studies vaping is around 95% safer than smoking.
I know that after i switched I felt 95% better. Much better wind within a month and was able to drop blood pressure meds in a few months.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Hello guys,,
I've heard conflicting reports about vaping saying it is or isn't the same as regular cigarettes. Any insight would be appreciated.
According to a peer-reviewed study that has been ongoing for a decade, vaping is at the very least 99% safer than smoking. We are still collecting data so I want to leave that one percent out there but all evidence suggests it’s 100% safer. In fact if I just took the current data from the study vaping may in fact be healthier than not vaping! I know that’s a big step to take and it’s not official yet but we’ve found evidence that suggests it can slow the progress of many ailments and diseases and further more it has shown, in some vapers, to actually cure their ailment or disease. So in this scientists humble opinion you should definitely start vaping to quit smoking, that too has proven to be a very effective way to stop. Our tests have shown it to be at least 70% more effective than all other methods combined. Best of luck to you and don’t buy into the propaganda organizations like “the truth” initiative and certain doctors that are on the take from these anti-vaping lobbyists.

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vaping is very different from cigarettes. Financially up front in perspective, if I spent $1,000 US dollars per year smoking, I would only spend $100 US dollars vaping per year. That overlooks all the extra back end costs from health. I've greatly reduced harm to my health by vaping.

Some may say you swap one habit for another. I rather have a habit that's less harmful to me. Granted lithium batteries are seeming difficult, expensive to recycle. I keep suggesting the industry try innovating incentives to properly recycle, including swapping five old batteries for a fresh new one. So far no luck it seems but I'm hopeful.

So, vaping is different than smoking. I cannot tell you if it is better or worse. That is a subjective creature we each decide for ourselves. One sure thing, you won't know until you try.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Hello guys,,

My own personal experience is all I can share with you. After smoking for 42 years, I quit smoking and started vaping. Next month will be two years. With smoking I got to the point that I absolutely despised it, and it was hurting my health to the point I was terrified. I started with a Juul, and within 3 days, I knew I would never smoke again. After about a month of researching where else the vaping world could take me, I got a couple of mods and tanks. I started off with low wattage tanks, using 50mg salt nic. After about a month of that, I reduced the nic to 24mg. About a month and a half of that, I switched from salt nic to regular base nic e-liquid at 6mg. All along the way, I started collecting different mods, tanks, and AIO's(all in ones). I used the the 6mg nic for about two months, and then reduced it to 3mg, which is where I'm at now. My goal is to get to 0mg by the end of the year, but keep vaping because I enjoy the hell out of it. I also love the vaping community. I have never experienced a community like it, and I have made a ton of friends. People love to help you, not only to help keep you off the death sticks, but how to spend your money on vaping wisely. Ok, just help you spend your money. :teehee:

Today, I have my breath back, my sense of smell back, and my taste back. I also run 3 miles a day now, and haven't felt this healthy since I can remember. I agree and appreciate all the above input from the great members that have shared with you. My recommendation to you, is if you are smoking, drop it immediately,, and pick up vaping. You will not be sorry. :)

I forgot to mention that I tried patches, pills, and gum....none of which worked for me. Attaching a picture of my current collection after almost two years. I need to update it, but there are only a few things missing, and some of what I've had, I have passed on to others to help them quit the death sticks.

Collection as of May 31, 2020

Desk Collection.jpg
Desk Collection 5-31-2020b.jpg

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hello guys,,

Yea, We are done here.

We can't keep playing these stupid games.

it's pretty slick how you made all of your accounts start with a semi informative post just knowing that many of the great people in this wonderful community would answer you.

That way when we find you we'd have to delete all of those wonderful member posts in order to clean up your mess.

Instead i'll just use the regular ban feature.;)

That way the wonderful members can continue to chat in this thread as well as your two others but you, as well as your other account won't be posting any more.

STOP making new accounts and posting old shit from Reddit!!!

You get one account per the rules.
This is yours: https://vapingunderground.com/members/jinesh.167833/

1596652804121.png
1596653240509.png

1596654547671.png

Every time I think I've already seen the dumbest shit that I'm ever going to see on this forum some even dumber shit comes along :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

According to a peer-reviewed study that has been ongoing for a decade, vaping is at the very least 99% safer than smoking. We are still collecting data so I want to leave that one percent out there but all evidence suggests it’s 100% safer. In fact if I just took the current data from the study vaping may in fact be healthier than not vaping! I know that’s a big step to take and it’s not official yet but we’ve found evidence that suggests it can slow the progress of many ailments and diseases and further more it has shown, in some vapers, to actually cure their ailment or disease. So in this scientists humble opinion you should definitely start vaping to quit smoking, that too has proven to be a very effective way to stop. Our tests have shown it to be at least 70% more effective than all other methods combined. Best of luck to you and don’t buy into the propaganda organizations like “the truth” initiative and certain doctors that are on the take from these anti-vaping lobbyists.
99% safer wow! So good to know as a smoker, is there a limit to vaping before it gets dangerous?

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
99% safer wow! So good to know as a smoker, is there a limit to vaping before it gets dangerous?
Like with anything overdoing it is never wise. Moderation is the way to go. As for long term effects I’ve yet to see any reliable information saying it’s seriously detrimental. Having said that our bodies have evolved to breath fresh air and inhaling anything else is less healthy. I’ve been vaping for 8 years, at a higher than normal nicotine level, and haven’t had any detectable detriment to my body. So for me, at least, it seems my body is handling vaping fairly well unlike smoking which surely would have caused problems had I continued. This is my personal opinion, based on my personal experience, from data read and the personal experiences of other vapers I’ve interacted with.

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As for long term effects I’ve yet to see any reliable information saying it’s seriously detrimental. Having said that our bodies have evolved to breath fresh air and inhaling anything else is less healthy. I’ve been vaping for 8 years, at a higher than normal nicotine level, and haven’t had any detectable detriment to my body.

Been roughly five years for myself at 18 mg nicotine per ml. I used roughly two ml per ml day when using pen style vaping devices. Roughly two to three years ago I switched to mods and RDAs, I started using about four ml per day.

As you, I've not noticed any adverse detrimental effects from vaping. Once in a while I may feel a bit dried out. Always good to keep hydrated at any given, vaping may see I drink more water. So no, nothing too adverse or detrimental.

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I was a smoker for 30 years, and I finally quit when I woke up every morning with a horrible smoker's cough that lasted for about an hour.

I currently vape around 10 ml of 3 mg nicotine juice per day, and I never have any cough at all.

That's just my own personal experience, but I know that I am in better shape now, due to the fact that the cough has long disappeared.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
People love to help you, not only to help keep you off the death sticks, but how to spend your money on vaping wisely. Ok, just help you spend your money. :teehee:

We need to introduce you to our monkey named "Shinyitis". *grin* He keeps tell us, "ooh, buy that shiny new mod", "ahh, gotta have a matchy rda for that shiny new mod". *chuckles*

Presently, I have eight different mods with six in rotation. Got maybe ten rda or so. About half think a Wasp Nano is my favorite rda. Not sure yet if I'm buying the double coil versions. Like a good single coil deck too well. I also like an Advken Gorge rda.

Prolly my favorite mod would be a Coppervape squnker, a metal one not the plastic ones. I also like the Eleaf Picco Squeeze squonker. Pair a Squeeze and Wasp rda and you got a real nice little kit for around $40 to $50. Though finding the Squeeze mods is getting a bit difficult. I like the originals, not the second version that's regulated. I can live with a Mosfet but put a screen on it, nah.

VU Sponsors