Become a Patron!

vaping, is it as bad as regular cigarettes or not as bad?

Hello guys,,
I'm considering taking up vaping because my bank account is too full /s
I've heard conflicting reports about vaping saying it is or isn't the same as regular cigarettes. Any insight would be appreciated.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
per many studies vaping is around 95% safer than smoking.
I know that after i switched I felt 95% better. Much better wind within a month and was able to drop blood pressure meds in a few months.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Hello guys,,
I've heard conflicting reports about vaping saying it is or isn't the same as regular cigarettes. Any insight would be appreciated.
According to a peer-reviewed study that has been ongoing for a decade, vaping is at the very least 99% safer than smoking. We are still collecting data so I want to leave that one percent out there but all evidence suggests it’s 100% safer. In fact if I just took the current data from the study vaping may in fact be healthier than not vaping! I know that’s a big step to take and it’s not official yet but we’ve found evidence that suggests it can slow the progress of many ailments and diseases and further more it has shown, in some vapers, to actually cure their ailment or disease. So in this scientists humble opinion you should definitely start vaping to quit smoking, that too has proven to be a very effective way to stop. Our tests have shown it to be at least 70% more effective than all other methods combined. Best of luck to you and don’t buy into the propaganda organizations like “the truth” initiative and certain doctors that are on the take from these anti-vaping lobbyists.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaping is very different from cigarettes. Financially up front in perspective, if I spent $1,000 US dollars per year smoking, I would only spend $100 US dollars vaping per year. That overlooks all the extra back end costs from health. I've greatly reduced harm to my health by vaping.

Some may say you swap one habit for another. I rather have a habit that's less harmful to me. Granted lithium batteries are seeming difficult, expensive to recycle. I keep suggesting the industry try innovating incentives to properly recycle, including swapping five old batteries for a fresh new one. So far no luck it seems but I'm hopeful.

So, vaping is different than smoking. I cannot tell you if it is better or worse. That is a subjective creature we each decide for ourselves. One sure thing, you won't know until you try.

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello guys,,

My own personal experience is all I can share with you. After smoking for 42 years, I quit smoking and started vaping. Next month will be two years. With smoking I got to the point that I absolutely despised it, and it was hurting my health to the point I was terrified. I started with a Juul, and within 3 days, I knew I would never smoke again. After about a month of researching where else the vaping world could take me, I got a couple of mods and tanks. I started off with low wattage tanks, using 50mg salt nic. After about a month of that, I reduced the nic to 24mg. About a month and a half of that, I switched from salt nic to regular base nic e-liquid at 6mg. All along the way, I started collecting different mods, tanks, and AIO's(all in ones). I used the the 6mg nic for about two months, and then reduced it to 3mg, which is where I'm at now. My goal is to get to 0mg by the end of the year, but keep vaping because I enjoy the hell out of it. I also love the vaping community. I have never experienced a community like it, and I have made a ton of friends. People love to help you, not only to help keep you off the death sticks, but how to spend your money on vaping wisely. Ok, just help you spend your money. :teehee:

Today, I have my breath back, my sense of smell back, and my taste back. I also run 3 miles a day now, and haven't felt this healthy since I can remember. I agree and appreciate all the above input from the great members that have shared with you. My recommendation to you, is if you are smoking, drop it immediately,, and pick up vaping. You will not be sorry. :)

I forgot to mention that I tried patches, pills, and gum....none of which worked for me. Attaching a picture of my current collection after almost two years. I need to update it, but there are only a few things missing, and some of what I've had, I have passed on to others to help them quit the death sticks.

Collection as of May 31, 2020

Desk Collection.jpg
Desk Collection 5-31-2020b.jpg

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hello guys,,

Yea, We are done here.

We can't keep playing these stupid games.

it's pretty slick how you made all of your accounts start with a semi informative post just knowing that many of the great people in this wonderful community would answer you.

That way when we find you we'd have to delete all of those wonderful member posts in order to clean up your mess.

Instead i'll just use the regular ban feature.;)

That way the wonderful members can continue to chat in this thread as well as your two others but you, as well as your other account won't be posting any more.

STOP making new accounts and posting old shit from Reddit!!!

You get one account per the rules.
This is yours: https://vapingunderground.com/members/jinesh.167833/

1596652804121.png
1596653240509.png

1596654547671.png

Every time I think I've already seen the dumbest shit that I'm ever going to see on this forum some even dumber shit comes along :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

taylorwilkes1990

Unlisted Vendor
According to a peer-reviewed study that has been ongoing for a decade, vaping is at the very least 99% safer than smoking. We are still collecting data so I want to leave that one percent out there but all evidence suggests it’s 100% safer. In fact if I just took the current data from the study vaping may in fact be healthier than not vaping! I know that’s a big step to take and it’s not official yet but we’ve found evidence that suggests it can slow the progress of many ailments and diseases and further more it has shown, in some vapers, to actually cure their ailment or disease. So in this scientists humble opinion you should definitely start vaping to quit smoking, that too has proven to be a very effective way to stop. Our tests have shown it to be at least 70% more effective than all other methods combined. Best of luck to you and don’t buy into the propaganda organizations like “the truth” initiative and certain doctors that are on the take from these anti-vaping lobbyists.
99% safer wow! So good to know as a smoker, is there a limit to vaping before it gets dangerous?

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
99% safer wow! So good to know as a smoker, is there a limit to vaping before it gets dangerous?
Like with anything overdoing it is never wise. Moderation is the way to go. As for long term effects I’ve yet to see any reliable information saying it’s seriously detrimental. Having said that our bodies have evolved to breath fresh air and inhaling anything else is less healthy. I’ve been vaping for 8 years, at a higher than normal nicotine level, and haven’t had any detectable detriment to my body. So for me, at least, it seems my body is handling vaping fairly well unlike smoking which surely would have caused problems had I continued. This is my personal opinion, based on my personal experience, from data read and the personal experiences of other vapers I’ve interacted with.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As for long term effects I’ve yet to see any reliable information saying it’s seriously detrimental. Having said that our bodies have evolved to breath fresh air and inhaling anything else is less healthy. I’ve been vaping for 8 years, at a higher than normal nicotine level, and haven’t had any detectable detriment to my body.

Been roughly five years for myself at 18 mg nicotine per ml. I used roughly two ml per ml day when using pen style vaping devices. Roughly two to three years ago I switched to mods and RDAs, I started using about four ml per day.

As you, I've not noticed any adverse detrimental effects from vaping. Once in a while I may feel a bit dried out. Always good to keep hydrated at any given, vaping may see I drink more water. So no, nothing too adverse or detrimental.

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a smoker for 30 years, and I finally quit when I woke up every morning with a horrible smoker's cough that lasted for about an hour.

I currently vape around 10 ml of 3 mg nicotine juice per day, and I never have any cough at all.

That's just my own personal experience, but I know that I am in better shape now, due to the fact that the cough has long disappeared.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
People love to help you, not only to help keep you off the death sticks, but how to spend your money on vaping wisely. Ok, just help you spend your money. :teehee:

We need to introduce you to our monkey named "Shinyitis". *grin* He keeps tell us, "ooh, buy that shiny new mod", "ahh, gotta have a matchy rda for that shiny new mod". *chuckles*

Presently, I have eight different mods with six in rotation. Got maybe ten rda or so. About half think a Wasp Nano is my favorite rda. Not sure yet if I'm buying the double coil versions. Like a good single coil deck too well. I also like an Advken Gorge rda.

Prolly my favorite mod would be a Coppervape squnker, a metal one not the plastic ones. I also like the Eleaf Picco Squeeze squonker. Pair a Squeeze and Wasp rda and you got a real nice little kit for around $40 to $50. Though finding the Squeeze mods is getting a bit difficult. I like the originals, not the second version that's regulated. I can live with a Mosfet but put a screen on it, nah.

vapeju

Member For 4 Years

Hello, by any chance is this review available?

Last edited:

vapeju

Member For 4 Years
I saw a lot of online comments saying smoking is better because it doesn’t kill you right away (uhh… false I know someone that got a stroke in their mid 20s). I didn’t believe them but just out of curiosity I tried to find a study that actually says smoking is better.. Found a few that say vaping is better including the UK and Canadian govt. But not a single study saying cigs are are harmful. A lot avoid the actual question and just say both are bad.. If the study rooster mentioned is available to the public i would like to add it to my collection if anyone has seen it. :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I saw a lot of online comments saying smoking is better because it doesn’t kill you right away (uhh… false I know someone that got a stroke in their mid 20s).

Reminds me an incident in boot camp. A young twenty year old now man at that age in Islam, went out and smoked his first cigar. He returned to base the next day. He felt a bit off and went to the "doc's". Got back to our compartment, he had all the paperwork backing it, he got lung cancer. He moaned, "one cigar I smoke my whole life and didn't inhale, but there it is." He was medically discharged.

Of course, I've also seen folks smoke 30-50 years on and not ever have any health issues. Cigarettes are like that, life and entropy too. I stopped using tobacco after 35 years smoking, 40/45 years total use. Did so because of my wife's words, "I might want to keep you around longer."

Sure, I merely switched a habit. Rather enjoy the nicotine without excessive risk, found in vaping. Vaping helped me get away from tobacco and hopefully keeps me away.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Quick side question... How soon after ya masturbate do you go blind?
...Asking for a friend. :banana:
It depends. If you already are blind before you masturbate, then it takes forever to go blind after you masturbate.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I saw a lot of online comments saying smoking is better because it doesn’t kill you right away (uhh… false I know someone that got a stroke in their mid 20s). I didn’t believe them but just out of curiosity I tried to find a study that actually says smoking is better.. Found a few that say vaping is better including the UK and Canadian govt. But not a single study saying cigs are are harmful. A lot avoid the actual question and just say both are bad.. If the study rooster mentioned is available to the public i would like to add it to my collection if anyone has seen it. :D
AFAIK there exists no study that has concluded that vaping is at the very least 99% safer than smoking. In April 2016, Royal College of Physicians (RCP) published a paper of nearly 200 pages long, saying that there is overwhelming evidence to support the claim that it is unlikely that the harm caused by vaping exceeds 5% of the harm caused by smoking. Here is a link to this paper:
There also was an update to explain the fact that this 5% figure already includes the potential risk of long-term inhalation of food flavorings (non oil-based), sweeteners, and additives commonly found in commercially available e-liquids that are regulated by legislation in the UK (and in the EU, as April 2016 was still before Brexit). The "long-term" here is referring to the fact that vaping hasn't been in existence long enough for those long-term scientific studies to have been completed yet, and that, therefore, not enough is known about the risks caused by vaping flavored e-liquids compared to vaping unflavored ones.

Public Health England (PHE) publishes annual updates to their evidence review of the risks of vaping vs the risks of smoking, as they address the impact on public health. Clive Bates (clivebates.com) also continues to publish interesting blog articles about the matter. Perhaps one of the most interesting articles IMO is the one in which he called for a debate on the question of whether anti-tobacco lobbyists are aiming to create a nicotine-free society purely for the sake of being a nicotine-free society, or whether their priority is to help to improve public health. Because, when talking about what's been happening in the US, there is overwhelming evidence to support the claim that it is unlikely that the latter priority exceeds 0% of what the anti-tobacco lobbyists are hoping to achieve with what they are FACTUALLY doing........

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
AFAIK there exists no study that has concluded that vaping is at the very least 99% safer than smoking. In April 2016, Royal College of Physicians (RCP) published a paper of nearly 200 pages long, saying that there is overwhelming evidence to support the claim that it is unlikely that the harm caused by vaping exceeds 5% of the harm caused by smoking. Here is a link to this paper:
There also was an update to explain the fact that this 5% figure already includes the potential risk of long-term inhalation of food flavorings (non oil-based), sweeteners, and additives commonly found in commercially available e-liquids that are regulated by legislation in the UK (and in the EU, as April 2016 was still before Brexit). The "long-term" here is referring to the fact that vaping hasn't been in existence long enough for those long-term scientific studies to have been completed yet, and that, therefore, not enough is known about the risks caused by vaping flavored e-liquids compared to vaping unflavored ones.

Public Health England (PHE) publishes annual updates to their evidence review of the risks of vaping vs the risks of smoking, as they address the impact on public health. Clive Bates (clivebates.com) also continues to publish interesting blog articles about the matter. Perhaps one of the most interesting articles IMO is the one in which he called for a debate on the question of whether anti-tobacco lobbyists are aiming to create a nicotine-free society purely for the sake of being a nicotine-free society, or whether their priority is to help to improve public health. Because, when talking about what's been happening in the US, there is overwhelming evidence to support the claim that it is unlikely that the latter priority exceeds 0% of what the anti-tobacco lobbyists are hoping to achieve with what they are FACTUALLY doing........

they are creating a black market

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
i read that and i found it interesting. my doctor is all for vaping, she would rather i put nothing into my lungs but she said to me that patches, lozenges etc are a waste of time.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i read that and i found it interesting. my doctor is all for vaping, she would rather i put nothing into my lungs but she said to me that patches, lozenges etc are a waste of time.
She's a keeper!

Vaping isn't smoking, and doesn't include the most common way of consuming a substance like tobacco. Vaping is utilizing an electronic gadget to make a fume combination from a fluid, which is known as an e-juice or e-fluid. This fume is breathed in into the lungs and the lingering fume is removed by the individual vaping. The urgent distinction among smoking and vaping with regards to guidelines and comprehension of the impacts on individuals in nearness to somebody who is vaping is as per the following, vaping doesn't deliver the very quantifiable presentation of particulate matter into the climate that smoking does

Edited by moderator :Removed vendor link in the signature

Last edited by a moderator:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Vaping isn't smoking, and doesn't include the most common way of consuming a substance like tobacco. Vaping is utilizing an electronic gadget to make a fume combination from a fluid, which is known as an e-juice or e-fluid. This fume is breathed in into the lungs and the lingering fume is removed by the individual vaping. The urgent distinction among smoking and vaping with regards to guidelines and comprehension of the impacts on individuals in nearness to somebody who is vaping is as per the following, vaping doesn't deliver the very quantifiable presentation of particulate matter into the climate that smoking does

so we know

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

*reads a host of of big worded stilted zombie talk*

Let's try this instead.

Vaping doesn't have "second hand" smoke. It doesn't have smoke, period. There's no risk to others from vaping like there is with smoking.

There you go, concise and grounded in plain English. I could trim it down more so but it might lose meaning. Apologies, criticism is meant in a positive light & not a demeaning one.

If you've a message to convey sometimes a jingle is the better way. :)

Short, simple work because they get understood readily and they stick. A ton of verbiage ends up being a belted line of baggage at an airport, when all you need is a lap held duffel bag.

People don't like "carrying" too much away. Give them a candy bar instead of a house. They'll send readers right to you. "Look, dude gimme this candy bar! Go check his stuff, man!" :)

The stupid believe that to be truthful is easy; only the artist, the great artist, knows how difficult it is.
Willa Cather

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

“All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

MY POINT EXACTLY.”
― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

And one I cannot place, "Truth requires few words." Apologies for the Hogfather Quote, Mr. Pratchett still lives though. :)

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Quick side question... How soon after ya masturbate do you go blind?
If you use your right hand, you go blind in your left eye. If you use your left hand, you go blind in your right eye. If you use both, you go blind twice as fast.
If you waste your time reading stupid threads like this one (like I just did) you will go "third eye" blind.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
it is like cigarets

*clears throat, pauses to compose*

On one hand I would love to spew vitriol of a vaping zealot all over you. On the other hand I can actually see where you might logically conclude as you have. Vaping does require use of batteries which may be a danger in their use. The batteries also present environmental issues.

Can only address the argument batteries may be a danger with use. Education defeats ignorance in this case. Help people understand and develop habits of safe battery use. This assists in mitigating that risk.

There's also black market juices which can be a danger. Again, education is the key. Teach people to be better consumers and to buy only from reputable vendors, ones that value having a good image in the vaping sector. Yes, black markets will still exist. You will though create a consumer base more aware of the risks entailed.

There's really nothing more which can be done unless in government, of course it is causing more black markets. Consumers & the industry was regulating itself. Then, government got involved. Thanks Big Tobacco, Big Pharmacology.

So yes can see your rationale. Still feel strongly that vaping is of less risk than cigarettes. Would that you come to share that view great. If not, enjoy your merry way.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea, We are done here.

We can't keep playing these stupid games.

it's pretty slick how you made all of your accounts start with a semi informative post just knowing that many of the great people in this wonderful community would answer you.

That way when we find you we'd have to delete all of those wonderful member posts in order to clean up your mess.

Instead i'll just use the regular ban feature.;)

That way the wonderful members can continue to chat in this thread as well as your two others but you, as well as your other account won't be posting any more.

STOP making new accounts and posting old shit from Reddit!!!

You get one account per the rules.
This is yours: https://vapingunderground.com/members/jinesh.167833/

View attachment 166266
View attachment 166268

View attachment 166270

Every time I think I've already seen the dumbest shit that I'm ever going to see on this forum some even dumber shit comes along :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
think jinesh called this morning about my car warrantee

SharpRazor

ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello guys,,
It's the same. Just stick the pod in your mouth and hold lighter to the battery until you get a good draw. The gene pool of Earth will thank you.

VU Sponsors