Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only go to Dr's if something is sticking out of my body I wasn't born with or something is hanging off or out that I was.

That's normally me as well, or there's extremely severe pain. Though with a congenital issue I do need to do blood work, bone scans.

Had a call today about 3 with the psychologist PA. She assured me I ought to to have stayed on the last medicine, just took bigger doses. It was only giving me hiccups. She couldn't explain a good reason to continue it.

Also part of my congenital condition, my brain doesn't make the feel good chemicals. The medicine she gave controlled those chemicals. "Um, they aren't there so what are the drugs doing?"

"Oh well, we can try other drugs."

"How many have I already tried? What was the one you suggested would the final one?"

"Well, you've tried all the antidepressants. There's other neuro transmitters though. Think I told you that lithium salts were the only thing remaining in your case."

"Recall my statement on that?"

"Ah, yeah no chemical lobotomy. But there's other things we could try, ..."

"Sorry, but I've had enough lab ratting."

"Okay, so we'll call/see you in six months?"

"Okay, reckon."

And to be fair, honest. My brain might make the feel good chemicals. If so, it does it's in very limited quantities. Know my brain chemicals did not function from birth to create olfactory nerves. So yes, kind of know I'm "wired" different.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That's normally me as well, or there's extremely severe pain. Though with a congenital issue I do need to do blood work, bone scans.

Had a call today about 3 with the psychologist PA. She assured me I ought to to have stayed on the last medicine, just took bigger doses. It was only giving me hiccups. She couldn't explain a good reason to continue it.

Also part of my congenital condition, my brain doesn't make the feel good chemicals. The medicine she gave controlled those chemicals. "Um, they aren't there so what are the drugs doing?"

"Oh well, we can try other drugs."

"How many have I already tried? What was the one you suggested would the final one?"

"Well, you've tried all the antidepressants. There's other neuro transmitters though. Think I told you that lithium salts were the only thing remaining in your case."

"Recall my statement on that?"

"Ah, yeah no chemical lobotomy. But there's other things we could try, ..."

"Sorry, but I've had enough lab ratting."

"Okay, so we'll call/see you in six months?"

"Okay, reckon."

Kava Kava from the herb store?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What a crazy day I had nothing bad just some much shit going on. Placed an online order of an in stock item to get an email the order was canceled. So I had to locate another one but drive to East Meadow to due a Non-Contact Pick Up. Then the new credit card I just activated and used for 2 purchases gets declined when I stopped at the Supermarket on the way home. So call the CC company and say WTF??

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What a crazy day I had nothing bad just some much shit going on. Placed an online order of an in stock item to get an email the order was canceled. So I had to locate another one but drive to East Meadow to due a Non-Contact Pick Up. Then the new credit card I just activated and used for 2 purchases gets declined when I stopped at the Supermarket on the way home. So call the CC company and say WTF??
Sounds like a glass of vino has been earned... My day has been I feel like shit, have got nothing accomplished and I don't care... happy but suffering and I'm not high..... very strange...... :cool: :cool: :cool: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle::giggle::giggle:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was so busy this morning I forgot to take something out~!
Hell hot dogs, pizza and wings are my staples. If I can't cook it in the air fryer or instant pot it has to wait for a special occasion, like the end of the century......:sneaka:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hell hot dogs, pizza and wings are my staples. If I can't cook it in the air fryer or instant pot it has to wait for a special occasion, like the end of the century......:sneaka:

I love my Air Fryer but really only use it for Potatoes. I have so many recipes to try just never got around to it. Even when I make Hot Dogs I need to make Chili Onions from scratch, so some would say it is work but, to me it is nothing really. What does it take to slice a few onions and saute them? I make onion pie and that is cutting up a few pounds of onions~!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I love my Air Fryer but really only use it for Potatoes. I have so many recipes to try just never got around to it. Even when I make Hot Dogs I need to make Chili Onions from scratch, so some would say it is work but, to me it is nothing really. What does it take to slice a few onions and saute them? I make onion pie and that is cutting up a few pounds of onions~!
It works great for dogs and wings.... How do you make your chili onions?

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I saute the Onions in Olive Oil then use Cayan Pepper and Louisiana Hot Sauce and Ketchup.
Growing up in NYC I ate at that famous French restaurant alot, Sabretts. loved their onion sauce but never able to reproduce. Found it in a jar at the market but doesn't taste the same....

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Growing up in NYC I ate at that famous French restaurant alot, Sabretts. loved their onion sauce but never able to reproduce. Found it in a jar at the market but doesn't taste the same....

A jar of that is expensive~! I don't pay for stuff I can make better. My Buddy uses Tomnato Paste or plain sauce and Chili Powder. If you do an Online search you will find many recipes for it if you want to try experimenting.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A jar of that is expensive~! I don't pay for stuff I can make better. My Buddy uses Tomnato Paste or plain sauce and Chili Powder. If you do an Online search you will find many recipes for it if you want to try experimenting.
Never found a recipe I liked. made a texas sauce as in Fat Mikes Texas Wieners formally of Hasbrouck Heights NJ.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All that matters to me is if I think it tastes right~! I look up recipes all the time but I never follow them to the letter. Just like I do with DIY E-Liquids, I may take part of what someone else created but I don't make clones more my own copy based on something. The only thing I think I ever tried to recreate and perfect was the Onion Pie my Grandmother made. That I have perfected but then I put my own flare in it~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There used to be a Italian Restaurant around the corner and all the workers including the owner were my customers when I had my Auto Shop. They gave me the recipes for many of their famous dishes which I still make to this day. Mr. Lino wasn't worried I wouldn't come and pay for a meal if he gave me his recipes. He once gave me so much Venison I was lucky I had a Freezer at the shop to store it all~! You can't charge for Venison that you hunted so at the restaurant you paid for the prep but he gave me the recipes for it. Took me years to cook it all~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rethinking all of that previously posted gave me pause of thought. In thinking better of it simply yesterday was a bit frustrating. Not going to worry over it though aside from it remaining so until hired in full time.

Got a call out. The system does not include details I accepted the "assignment" not knowing it was a week long. I figure it was a one evening only, done. The lady overseeing the system called two hours from work time to explain.

She decided to let the "assignment" go back to the pool. Someone else took it on. I had planned this Friday months in advance. Did not let the system know right away but it's something medical, bone scans. Then, need to go and see a barber, desperately so.

My wife added to yesterday's frustration, being herself, and my 'boss' lady. The lady overseer told me if she didn't call not to come in, someone else took it. Wife says "call back anyway to confirm, look pro." Calls in were less than favorable imho.

So yeah, yesterday was "real fun"(tm). Today I get to go contort myself for pain & pleasure, unfortunately not my pleasure.Yee haw. I'm so thrilled.
blank-smiley-face-4.png

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I get a call a few minutes ago about the HDTV Install I was supposed to be doing right now. Canceled because someone else did it. Tells me his brother bought it as a gift~! The other day he told me he was going to get it and was speaking to the sales,am about a mount. Thinks I forget his BS.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
F him....

Looks like I need a battery for the Blazer and a tire for the Kia.....Should have stayed in bed...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Went and picked up 2 Laptops and Tablet for repairs. So far one is junk. The one I am working on right now is so screwed up it is incredible. Doesn't look like more than every setting is fucked but still only time will tell. Time for a drink~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Didn't need to contort for my bone scan today. Wife & me stopped back in town and had a lunch/supper. I got a full serving of a grilled chicken salad. Yep, up on the hill at Bob Evan's again. Told our server to pay my compliments to the salad prep. :)

Yes, been eating at least healthier foods. Had a turkey salad type of wrap last night for supper. I'm also cutting back on sugar, sweets. Rarely drink any sodas now anyway. Like flavored waters, or flavored carbonated waters.

Stopped after that at Dollar Tree. Did get three small bags of candies. But I had just a bit from each, stopped. I'll have more later on, or tomorrow. Not going hog wild like I used to do.

After that I went and got a hair cut, beard trim up. I don't look a Sasquatch now. :) Now me & her are watching Midsomer Murders on Tubi. We've gotten to the season/s where Jones is DC. :) I like the Jones character. "You...slammed...the...door!" Hehe.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, been eating at least healthier foods. Had a turkey salad type of wrap last night for supper.

I was getting a big belly even though I have that same waist size as when I Graduated High School and it was from downing 5-6 Fresh Italian Loaves a week~! Switched to Wraps and lighter lunches Belly isn't gone but not having twins anymore.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So 2 of the Devices are not work going any further with. One is a Brick the other is a Slow Ass RCA Tablet, a Galileo Pro which cost less than I would charge to make it work better which would suck ass anyway. The last one is all user error and uninstalling fucked up apps. What we do for friends and not like I will get paid for my time at my rate.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was getting a big belly even though I have that same waist size as when I Graduated High School and it was from downing 5-6 Fresh Italian Loaves a week~! Switched to Wraps and lighter lunches Belly isn't gone but not having twins anymore.

Yeah, watching lots of carbs. Been aiming at what I consider my old navy diet. Eat lots of protein & good fats, all the fruit and veg desired. Mom taught us to be sure we got roughage. Salads are definitely a good call.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Back in the 80s I worked with a guy who grew up with the Members of Twisted Sister. Kind of wild hanging and drinking beer with Dee Snyder when he looked sort of normal~!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors