Become a Patron!

Vaping Underground PIF Box ~ LIVE & IN PROGRESS~

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That stand is just awesome!
b17d75a3fac7c9be40b28108c7fbdc20.jpg
this is what this guy does all my stands are his I have 2 others but they're not nearly as cool looking
4ed47f7bd8138ff5abdec525f4191dd9.jpg
6aab4229805a6a0fc8a87ee969ed3ac8.jpg
958ce8c0ef5b425ee6741a8529f006e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
503e700e2b253d000a58cbec12df591d.jpg

This is my next one on the list it's a building station. I love it

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the patience. I did however get the box shipped and tracking number has been provided.
Quick question, I picked out a DIY 3mg juice that I am enjoying. Mixed Berry Cream 60/40
I was wondering who made this and if they are willing to share the recipe :D
Missed this, thanks for the call out @MOMABEAR - if it's Melonberry Creme it's me, but I think most of what I put in was around 30/70. I developed that one for a local shop with the understanding the particulars wouldn't travel beyond them and me, buuut...

The fruits are Cantaloupe and FA Forest Mix
Creams include Catalan, Vienna, and Sweet

You'll have to play with the exact percentages, ending up in the high teens overall...

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I designed this stand in a 3D program months ago... Never got around to making it and the companies I spoke to wanted a freaking mint to get it made.
smashing_fulffy-inari.png
The slots underneath would have had drawers. The inverted T shape in the center was designed to hold a set of magnifying helping hands.
hh_magnifier_solder_picture.jpg

The L shape slot on the far right was for my Intellicharger i4. The other well was for my Ohm reader.

I've since purchased more mods than would comfortably fit in this stand, but I still like the idea...

Instead, I ended up purchasing this rack on sale at Hobby Lobby instead:
2015-05-28 19.39.55.jpg
The mods in the rack have radically changed since this pic was taken. Each slot has between one and three mods in it...

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I designed this stand in a 3D program months ago... Never got around to making it and the companies I spoke to wanted a freaking mint to get it made.
View attachment 30565
The slots underneath would have had drawers. The inverted T shape in the center was designed to hold a set of magnifying helping hands.
hh_magnifier_solder_picture.jpg

The L shape slot on the far right was for my Intellicharger i4. The other well was for my Ohm reader.

I've since purchased more mods than would comfortably fit in this stand, but I still like the idea...

Instead, I ended up purchasing this rack on sale at Hobby Lobby instead:
View attachment 30567
The mods in the rack have radically changed since this pic was taken. Each slot has between one and three mods in it...
I am definitely not to rhe point where I even need a rack, but that looks pretty nice to me.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a killer-looking design, shawn! My problem is that "enough" today probably won't be tomorrow - and my wants change so much...I haven't bothered trying to do much since I was sick of my eGos and tube mechs falling over and used a spade bit to hollow out a few pieces of wood to keep them standing upright.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
baf45b313e653e8cb08c85a676419af4.jpg
25f463afc94ac5bb389cdac62e43e09c.jpg

These two are cool looking too and have spots for the Chargers they'll all around 60-80$ from what I've seen. That's cool that you could make your own stand the guy who makes mine is drawing something up I'll set you know what he comes up with.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Missed this, thanks for the call out @MOMABEAR - if it's Melonberry Creme it's me, but I think most of what I put in was around 30/70. I developed that one for a local shop with the understanding the particulars wouldn't travel beyond them and me, buuut...

The fruits are Cantaloupe and FA Forest Mix
Creams include Catalan, Vienna, and Sweet

You'll have to play with the exact percentages, ending up in the high teens overall...
I have all those except cantaloupe but I'm glad because all the creams I bought to make mothers milk and had no idea what else I'd use them for since the recipe only called for 1% of each except for sweet creamI love it it's definitely a flavor you can mix with just about anything and it's good by itself.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have all those except cantaloupe but I'm glad because all the creams I bought to make mothers milk and had no idea what else I'd use them for since the recipe only called for 1% of each except for sweet creamI love it it's definitely a flavor you can mix with just about anything and it's good by itself.

That flavor evolved from a request not to clone, but to create something reminiscent of Kilo Dewberry Cream, which I believe uses honeydew and strawberry - either of which could be subbed for my cantaloupe (my wife just likes it better than honeydew) and forest mix (one of my all-time favorite flavors). I doubt a large-scale commercial mixer is using FA due to the higher cost as compared to other options, but cutting my teeth in VU's DIY forums has influenced my style to the point I look first to FA and only go to TFA or CAP for flavors I can't find in FA's line...

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Do you find the forest mix needs to steep longer than other flavors I don't know if I just tried it too early or if I just don't like it. I guess I'll have to try it again. I got those flavors because I'm more of either a sweet fruity flavor or a dessert flavor type of person. So those flavors happened to appeal to me so I did t get it really to clone I just happened to see a recipe. That's my thing I'm afraid to try a lot of concentrates because I'm afraid I won't like them. I use a lot of FA and FW I have a few cap ones just because they where the only ones with that flavor

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good morning pif family hope you all have a great Saturday. ..iam visiting mom's in York Maine so won't be on much but enjoy the day

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good afternoon I just have to vent a little so I was using an app for all my ejuice that saved the recipes everything I've ever done in the past few months they didn't even give a warning and they eliminated the whole calculator section if I knew I could saved them and there's no alternative that I know of and its not like I could even pay for an app that does it. I found one but it says drops and the only drops I use is in my dripper ok rant over anyone know of anything that can help me. I use todmuller.com to help me but they don't let you break down each flavor it's an over all concentration %.

MOMABEAR

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good afternoon I just have to vent a little so I was using an app for all my ejuice that saved the recipes everything I've ever done in the past few months they didn't even give a warning and they eliminated the whole calculator section if I knew I could saved them and there's no alternative that I know of and its not like I could even pay for an app that does it. I found one but it says drops and the only drops I use is in my dripper ok rant over anyone know of anything that can help me. I use todmuller.com to help me but they don't let you break down each flavor it's an over all concentration %.

Average measurements are 20 drops per ml. Now some pipettes are different up to 30 drops per ml. Did you try ejuicemeup or dot1ml.com?

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Average measurements are 20 drops per ml. Now some pipettes are different up to 30 drops per ml. Did you try ejuicemeup or dot1ml.com?

I saw that but I usually make large amount todmuller.com uses mm but you'd have to redo it for every flavor or you can put in 20% flavor and break it down yourself which is what I did before I found the app I guess I'm just more annoyed that they erased 3 months of calculations and recipes. Like today I tried one I made and I loved it but I forget what's in it because I just started numbering my bottles instead of having the label maker make a huge label that won't fit on the bottles like all fruit flavors were from 10-19 all the bakery type flavors where 20-29 etc.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tina wanted me to tell everyone her wifi went down because of an accident near her house but she wanted to say hi and say hi to MMMOOOOMMMMAAAA

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I use http://e-liquid-recipes.com and love it! I mix by weight, but it let you set it to show weight/drops/percentages/measurements. Also lets you save your recipes, and has lots of recipes listd. I also enter my flavors and supplies and price I paid, and it calculates how much each bottle costs me. I highly recommend it.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I am set for the week. 120 ml brewed up, all batteries charged or charging. Most of my go-to atties are freshly coiled and wicked. Woot!

Now, I just have to find time to clean and polish up the PIF items...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you find the forest mix needs to steep longer than other flavors I don't know if I just tried it too early or if I just don't like it. I guess I'll have to try it again. I got those flavors because I'm more of either a sweet fruity flavor or a dessert flavor type of person. So those flavors happened to appeal to me so I did t get it really to clone I just happened to see a recipe. That's my thing I'm afraid to try a lot of concentrates because I'm afraid I won't like them. I use a lot of FA and FW I have a few cap ones just because they where the only ones with that flavor

What percentage were you at? I'm usually between 3-6%, with 6% being a standalone or with a single mild accent flavor. I don't find it needs a lot of steep time in that range, would suggest trying it out again (by itself if you used it in a mix before) - my guess though is that it just may not be for you. I mix weird stuff sometimes, including lots of FA Rose...

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What percentage were you at? I'm usually between 3-6%, with 6% being a standalone or with a single mild accent flavor. I don't find it needs a lot of steep time in that range, would suggest trying it out again (by itself if you used it in a mix before) - my guess though is that it just may not be for you. I mix weird stuff sometimes, including lots of FA Rose...
I think I used too much then I think I was around 8% but since I lost everything I've done I can't be sure. I started going back to the days before technology and I wrote all the flavors I made yesterday down in a notebook. Technology is great until it goes wrong:-/

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good afternoon guys hope everyone had a great weekend

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious to see where the boxes have made it to... sorry I haven't been on much in a little over a week now... been working crazy hours and spent the most of the week last week working on getting my wife's birthday surprises...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I used too much then I think I was around 8% but since I lost everything I've done I can't be sure. I started going back to the days before technology and I wrote all the flavors I made yesterday down in a notebook. Technology is great until it goes wrong:-/

That system crash you described has to be a nightmare, sorry you're going through it - even if I've got my favorite dozen or so recipes memorized I've got so many others (and notes on different versions I went through to arrive at my final mixes) that it would drive me crazy to lose them. eJuiceMeUp saves my recipes as separate files on my computer, but just in case I've been saving screen captures of some of my work as .jpgs in a different location...

As far as percentages, 8% is pretty high for most FA flavors - or mixes, for that matter. It's odd to me, but too much flavor can sometimes have an even worse effect than too little...

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good afternoon guys hope everyone had a great weekend
emoji2.png
emoji100.png
emoji100.png

I like the flavor of the forest mix, but even at 2%, it seems very strong and sharp to me. Like burn the back of the throat sharp. Even steepd and mixed with creams to smooth it. I'm going to try it at .75-1%, and if not better, I'm figuring it's not for me :(

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That system crash you described has to be a nightmare, sorry you're going through it - even if I've got my favorite dozen or so recipes memorized I've got so many others (and notes on different versions I went through to arrive at my final mixes) that it would drive me crazy to lose them. eJuiceMeUp saves my recipes as separate files on my computer, but just in case I've been saving screen captures of some of my work as .jpgs in a different location...

As far as percentages, 8% is pretty high for most FA flavors - or mixes, for that matter. It's odd to me, but too much flavor can sometimes have an even worse effect than too little...
Thank you you've been so helpful I'm not used to working with the flavourart company so I Kind of did my standard 20% I will delete some of them and see what happens. I didn't know much about DIY I jumped right in headfirst. So I'm learning as I go I got the most important part down adding the nicotine so I don't poison myself or others

Tannerlee96

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone how we doin?? Sorry I ain't been on all out of data and Comcast hasn't made it out to the new place to turn on internet! Lol

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

So I diluted with some sweet cream and pg and the flavor is amazing I'm glad you helped me because I've been dying to find a fruit flavor I liked

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
e49bc482b0b8fa36a0fb436d150b2e7a.jpg
loving this build on the dotmod 22g kanthal 12 wraps then sandwiching the coil with cotton. It's reading at .5 ohms lining up the hole of the coil with the two air holes is giving amazing flavor

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good evening everyone hope your day had been great

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you you've been so helpful I'm not used to working with the flavourart company so I Kind of did my standard 20% I will delete some of them and see what happens. I didn't know much about DIY I jumped right in headfirst. So I'm learning as I go I got the most important part down adding the nicotine so I don't poison myself or others

FA is a lot stronger than a lot of other brands - also why it's more expensive. If it's an all-FA mix, I rarely go over 10%, and most standalone flavors are best in the 4-6% range. Meanwhile, I'll get into the 15-20% flavor range no problem with some of my TFA and CAP flavors - those three companies comprise the bulk of my inventory.

VU has what I'm convinced is the best set of DIY subforums on the net, if you ever feel inclined poke around over there and you'll find a boatload more info and more great folks to help on your liquid-making mission...

e49bc482b0b8fa36a0fb436d150b2e7a.jpg
loving this build on the dotmod 22g kanthal 12 wraps then sandwiching the coil with cotton. It's reading at .5 ohms lining up the hole of the coil with the two air holes is giving amazing flavor

How's that vape, what with the wicking all around it? Is there a clear path for air up through the mouthpiece? Interesting, to say the least...reminds me of something I saw called a dragon coil where instead of the coil being wicked the wick was wrapped around an empty coil...wait, that's exactly what you're doing. How's it work?

Sorry for repetition, brain is losing the will to function tonight...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another day, another (non) review: http://noobvapers.blogspot.com/2015/10/a-non-review-of-kangertech-nebox.html

I would like everyone's opinion on this piece.
I like your points, and they may be valid, but I still picked up a couple from @Breazy_Com to try out. My wife loves her Subtank (I only wish they actually stocked the red, she'd have been super-stoked on that), and I like the idea of an eGrip-style mod for the compact factor and the 10 ml capacity appeals to me - at 25ish watts (the most I've ever been able to reliably coax out of a Subtank coil) this sucker could last me all day for both liquid and battery...it;s not an enthusiast home device by a longshot, but my hope is that it works as a jobsite solution...will report back once I've had a chance to bash on the thing for a week or two...

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
FA is a lot stronger than a lot of other brands - also why it's more expensive. If it's an all-FA mix, I rarely go over 10%, and most standalone flavors are best in the 4-6% range. Meanwhile, I'll get into the 15-20% flavor range no problem with some of my TFA and CAP flavors - those three companies comprise the bulk of my inventory.

VU has what I'm convinced is the best set of DIY subforums on the net, if you ever feel inclined poke around over there and you'll find a boatload more info and more great folks to help on your liquid-making mission...

How's that vape, what with the wicking all around it? Is there a clear path for air up through the mouthpiece? Interesting, to say the least...reminds me of something I saw called a dragon coil where instead of the coil being wicked the wick was wrapped around an empty coil...wait, that's exactly what you're doing. How's it work?

The vape is awesome the air goes threw the center of the coil that's why there is so much cotton around because there's none in the coil. This is more for people who like great taste it chucks clouds but because there is no option to cut off any airflow with dotmod

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Yes there's 3 layers of cotton one one the deck under the coil a 8x10mm across the coil tucking the ends in between the posts and coils then another one over everything tucking that piece in between the post and the deck. I watched rip trippers build on the dotmod because I could not get a good vape with it before that

VU Sponsors