Become a Patron!

Vapor has no flavor.

Because of this, I don't vape for a while. I come back, first hit has a little bit of flavor, next hits are garbage.
Rinse and repeat.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
What kind of juice are you using?

I know with me the first few hits have the best flavor then I get used to it and it's not as strong.
I usually switch between two or more devices at a time to mix it up.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Because of this, I don't vape for a while. I come back, first hit has a little bit of flavor, next hits are garbage.
Rinse and repeat.

I know what you mean though.
I've had eliquid that tasted great at first but then next thing you know it's just warn cloudy air with no flavor.

I know with me the first few hits have the best flavor then I get used to it and it's not as strong.
Im using Kings Crest Premium eliquid duchess

But do your hits keep being garbage in both devices?
I like to vape when it has nice flavor, but when they're garbage, I stay away from it.
I'd just like to get the flavor back full time.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I think with me my taste buds get used to the flavor extra fast.

Some people have said if you get a menthol flavor it may clear it up some but that didn't really help me.

I'm just really picky now and the flavors I end up liking are the ones that taste good after the initial flavor blast goes away.

Have you tried an RDA?
Many of them seem to have more flavor than tanks.

I see your tank is compatible with Smok Baby Beast coils.
I do have baby beast and it's just a fog machine.
The flavor is garbage.

I even got the rebuildable RBA coil head to see if I could make it better.
The only eliquids I can use in it are really sweet and strong ones and even they barely have any flavor in it.

Started vaping a week ago so I'm not much familiar with terms.
Is RDA a rebuildable atomizer?
What's the difference between a tank and an atomizer?
I think my future with vaping lies in flavor chasing, so if you say the flavor is garbage, then I'll avoid baby beast coils.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I use RTA's personally because I like the convenience of a tank but I don't like wasting money on coils.
RDA's are great but you have to carry the eliquid with you everywhere and drip it in there constantly.

The flavor is generally better in an RDA though.

There are many options on the market.
Just like with anything else some are wonderful but some are garbage.

I use RTA's personally because I like the convenience of a tank but I don't like wasting money on coils.
RDA's are great but you have to carry the eliquid with you everywhere and drip it in there constantly.

The flavor is generally better in an RDA though.

There are many options on the market.
Just like with anything else some are wonderful but some are garbage.
If my current mod cannot into RDA, then I'll look into a squonker mod.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think my future with vaping lies in flavor chasing, so if you say the flavor is garbage, then I'll avoid baby beast coils.
It's a good idea to try building but you shouldn't be getting garbage flavor. I used those kind of coils for years and years. The flavor was good, not phenomenal but pretty good. I'm not the only one either, people still love those devices. Something is going on here with you, your juice or your equipment.

The coils you're using, are they mesh (like a screen or strip) or a regular coil (wire)? How long ago did you quit smoking? I ask because sometimes your taste buds need time to adjust.

It could be your juice too. Are you familiar with what the stuff is supposed to taste like?

Underpowered coil could cause the little flavor issue. But I know those style of coils. I don't know of any that need do be ran on a maxed out 80W device. You could be burning them up.. But then they'd taste burnt not muted.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
try cutting back your airflow and use a narrow drip tip if that is an option.
Aside from that, look at a new tank, like Ijoy RDTA combo. Flavor of an RDA with a Tank or a Tsunami or Kennedy RDA.

Edit. I just googled your atty.. that drip tip isn't the best for flavor. Get a more narrow one to allow thicker vapor INSIDE the atty.
That is why i never use attys with factory coils. Hard to find factory coils that used clapton wrap.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Those HellBeast stock .2Ω coils are mesh, and should provide good flavor. When it's new, do you prep the coil properly before giving it any power? And when you do start the wattage really low while pulling on it a couple/few times? This helps make sure the coil is primed and helps break it in instead of full wattage on the new mesh or wire.

If you do or have done that and it doesn't work, could be your getting a vapor lock. Put a small needle through the wick, not damaging mesh. Not really putting a hole or 2 through it, but providing less resistance through the wick in a couple places. Close airflow when you fill it.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
if you recently stop smoking your taste buds are still recovering and if you are a dual user that can also be a factor. i used to get vape tongue and what i did was drink lemon water for a while which helped the recovery for me.

some things may help https://vaping360.com/vaping-101/vapers-tongue/

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Umm, what happened, I even changed my coil, still no flavor.
Hellbeast atomizer 0.2 ohm coil, eleaf istick power mod @ max watts (80)
try backing down the wattage to 60 watts and adjust from there.

It's a good idea to try building but you shouldn't be getting garbage flavor. I used those kind of coils for years and years. The flavor was good, not phenomenal but pretty good. I'm not the only one either, people still love those devices. Something is going on here with you, your juice or your equipment.

The coils you're using, are they mesh (like a screen or strip) or a regular coil (wire)? How long ago did you quit smoking? I ask because sometimes your taste buds need time to adjust.

It could be your juice too. Are you familiar with what the stuff is supposed to taste like?

Underpowered coil could cause the little flavor issue. But I know those style of coils. I don't know of any that need do be ran on a maxed out 80W device. You could be burning them up.. But then they'd taste burnt not muted.
I quit smoking a while ago, and was not even a pack a day smoker, I don't think it's taste buds.
I had got vapers tongue 3 days into vaping, so I know what it's like.
It just plain has no flavor.
Also, those coils say they work best at 60-80 wattage, which is what I mainly use.
Yeah something is wrong, probably the atomizer or the mod, I'll see I have to go into the shop to find out.

try cutting back your airflow and use a narrow drip tip if that is an option.
Aside from that, look at a new tank, like Ijoy RDTA combo. Flavor of an RDA with a Tank or a Tsunami or Kennedy RDA.

Edit. I just googled your atty.. that drip tip isn't the best for flavor. Get a more narrow one to allow thicker vapor INSIDE the atty.
That is why i never use attys with factory coils. Hard to find factory coils that used clapton wrap.
My airflow is maximum, so maybe it's a factor. Have I somehow damaged the atomizer by leaving its airflow to be max?

Those HellBeast stock .2Ω coils are mesh, and should provide good flavor. When it's new, do you prep the coil properly before giving it any power? And when you do start the wattage really low while pulling on it a couple/few times? This helps make sure the coil is primed and helps break it in instead of full wattage on the new mesh or wire.

If you do or have done that and it doesn't work, could be your getting a vapor lock. Put a small needle through the wick, not damaging mesh. Not really putting a hole or 2 through it, but providing less resistance through the wick in a couple places. Close airflow when you fill it.
Danm I should've done that wattage thing. I did put in some ejuice so it doesn't burn, and let it sit for 15 minutes.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Danm I should've done that wattage thing. I did put in some ejuice so it doesn't burn, and let it sit for 15 minutes.
Everyone has a different style of vaping..It sounds like you are preparing the coil correctly . On my hellvape I run it between 55 and 62 watts. I personally find that flavor drops off at about 70 watts. Start at lower wattage and raise to find the setting is right for you....Keep on vaping, it takes a little experimentation to find your spot...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Before you put juice in and let it sit 15 mins, did you prime the coil first?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
My airflow is maximum, so maybe it's a factor. Have I somehow damaged the atomizer by leaving its airflow to be max?
No. But more air requires more power. From a tank with a lot of AF, the most flavor usually comes from something less than wide open.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No. But more air requires more power. From a tank with a lot of AF, the most flavor usually comes from something less than wide open.
It works fine with the airflow wide open, but the flavor washes out at higher wattage. I have tested it up to 90 watts.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
:fyi: BTW here's a big :thanks: to Hellvape, I emailed them yesterday to ask about my slide top which is a bit too loose. They em'd today that they willsend me a new top, Kudos to a company that stands behind their product...

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Before you put juice in and let it sit 15 mins, did you prime the coil first?
I never do that. You mean like squirt juice on a dry coil? I never saw the need to ever do that. I know I'm probably out numbered by the way I think and do it. I put the tank together and fill it up a ways. The coils always naturally wicks inside the tank. After a few minutes I shine my fone's light down the barrel to glimpse at the cotton. If it's completely wet, I start vaping it. At times it doesn't even take that long, like a couple of minutes.

I see popular people/reviewers in videos that put liquid around the coil or even down the middle. I know they think they're doing it for a reason but in my experience it's totally unnecessary. I've never pricked at coils wicking with sharp objects either. I've gone through tons of coils of all kinds and never had to.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I never do that. You mean like squirt juice on a dry coil? I never saw the need to ever do that. I know I'm probably out numbered by the way I think and do it. I put the tank together and fill it up a ways. The coils always naturally wicks inside the tank. After a few minutes I shine my fone's light down the barrel to glimpse at the cotton. If it's completely wet, I start vaping it. At times it doesn't even take that long, like a couple of minutes.

I see popular people/reviewers in videos that put liquid around the coil or even down the middle. I know they think they're doing it for a reason but in my experience it's totally unnecessary. I've never pricked at coils wicking with sharp objects either. I've gone through tons of coils of all kinds and never had to.
When I forget to prime the coil, I do the same as a RBA by pulse the coil lighly until it wicks...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
So why do poeple say "prime the coil" when they mean to just juice up the cotton?
prime
adjective
1. of first importance.

A little more to it than just juicing cotton. You might think it's juiced but it might not be completely saturated. How you gonna know? Applying heat to a sub ohm coil head without full saturation is bad for coil and wick.
Juice only flows when you take a puff, otherwise it would just all leak out a bottom air flow. When I used sub ohm, before filling the tank I would saturate anywhere I could see wick. After filling tank I'd start with lower than my vaping watts and would pulse vape it a couple/few time. This starts a break in process where its warming up the juice to promote assurance of full saturation, that juice flow occurs, as well as not applying my full vaping wattage to the new unfired wire or mesh element that is the coil. I'm not saying that some may be able to install a dry coil and let the tank sit before vaping, and have it work due to wick absorption. I always took the guesswork out.

VU Sponsors