Become a Patron!

Velocity Build?

ThcHemplar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i just upgraded from the fishbone rda and with the same mod(Ijust2) same dual 6wrap 24g micro coils it seems to be putting off alot less of everything with the velocity then the Fishbone. would there be coil set up that doesnt require like 100w? i was a heavy smoker for years so i like the bigger cloud feelings however i dont like "hot" vapes

ThcHemplar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i just upgraded from the fishbone rda and with the same mod(Ijust2) same dual 6wrap 24g micro coils it seems to be putting off alot less of everything with the velocity then the Fishbone. would there be coil set up that doesnt require like 100w? i was a heavy smoker for years so i like the bigger cloud feelings however i dont like "hot" vapes
also shooting for a .2ohm or atleast thats my general area

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Try Dual Parallels, shoot for 7-8 Wrap/3.5mm ID, that will give you a nice warm to hot vape depending on your wattage and you will definitely see an increase on vapor and flavor intensity!

ThcHemplar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try Dual Parallels, shoot for 7-8 Wrap/3.5mm ID, that will give you a nice warm to hot vape depending on your wattage and you will definitely see an increase on vapor and flavor intensity!
sry this is still overwhelming for me at times. but what gauge wire and i generally run off my Ijust2 i just prefer it to a box mod. i just ust a segeli as an ohm reader

ThcHemplar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
to be honest tho this is a GIANT pain to keep swapping coil builds into it the screws are so small it drives me crazy. sorry dont mean to rant just every review said it was one of the best and it seems far from it. after changing coils 18 times today i can say for certian im not happy with my puchase, tho glad it was just the clone

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like 10 wraps of 24g Nichrome on this Griffin velocity style deck.
c729849c46ef1f114a25b629875cc25a.jpg
at .3 ohms and 62w its a cooler vape that produces thick clouds with VG max juice..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ThcHemplar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ya im running dual 9 or 10 wrap plain 24g kanthal. right at a .2 but it seems like a 3sec ramp up at 65w

Attachments

• IMG_20160203_203505502.jpg
    IMG_20160203_203505502.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 10

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you want more heat and faster ramp up you need to build lower, less wraps, slightly thicker wires, more voltage and wattage.

ThcHemplar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i run a dual 24g 6wrap .2 micro coil on my fishbone and works great run the same thing on velocity takes twice as long to fire and its just not produceing.
i practically have to pack the verocity with coil to get anything decent and thats now about a 2-3sec ramp up

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don't notice a ramp up time, but I do use 24g Nichrome and vape it at 62-65w on my RX200..three batts seem to help with an instant hit...lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors