Become a Patron!

Vendor New Posts, getting annoyed.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Am I the only one annoyed at the all the vendor's clogging up New Posts? I have to go through several pages to find actual conversations. I know VU needs the vendors, but can't they have a separate space for new posts?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a lot anyone can do as they're posting in their specified vendor threads. It has been suggested that some be put on your "ignore" list to keep you from seeing them in the new posts section.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not a lot anyone can do as they're posting in their specified vendor threads. It has been suggested that some be put on your "ignore" list to keep you from seeing them in the new posts section.

That's exactly what I do, when I see all that crap. Some of those vendors obviously have no life whatever, and I'm sure not interested in all their crap.

Andria

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is no need for vendors to have 10 posts with one item each when 1 post for everything will do.
It's damm annoying There are some posters that do the same thing. It shows a lack of respect and rudeness.
In this case ignore is your friend.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Would someone please educate this simpleton on how to "ignore"? Sounds like a powerful tool I would greatly enjoy using!

Click on their avatar or username (username if out in the New List), and there is an option for "ignore" in the little popup that appears.

Andria

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@Letitia9 Glad you found the ignore button :)

This issue has been brought up twice now... I addressed it in the last thread. We have to be fair to both our members AND our vendors. Rather than having tons of vendor spam all throughout the forum, Authorized vendors are given their own sub forum to post in AS MUCH AS THEY WANT.
We do realize if a vendor is spammy this effects when you search the forum by "new posts". However, it's the lesser of the two evils. And, as you have found out... the ignore button is a BEAUTIFUL feature of the forum ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe a message sent to the vendors letting them know that excessive posting is having the opposite effect then the one they were trying to achieve? I am sure some will not understand but some will.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
The vendors know full well they will not see much viewing in their forum. I'm not mad at them just annoyed. They have a job to do and bad attention is still attention.

VU Sponsors