Become a Patron!

Venting

Azn

Member For 3 Years
The "High-End" Community on Facebook is an absolute joke.

This post comes from anger of something recently witnessed on some of these FB groups along with personal experiences. If you're not a part of any of these groups, then I'll just fill you in. Its essentially people trying to B/S/T along with frequent hand checks, people recording themselves blowing clouds (this is called firing shots/shoutouts), advertisements for sales, and people posting extremely photoshopped pictures of themselves with their mods usually tagged with a quote (eg photoshopping devil horns on a picture of yourself with your setup with "I'm constantly holding back the devil inside" or some other quote).

So here's my problem. If any of you are in the high end scene you'll know that certain things hold value, but just because you paid say $500 doesn't mean the guy buying second-hand from you is willing to buy it for $500. Many of you who have sold off gear here or on Facebook realize this is just the harsh reality of things. However, I recently stumbled across a post of someone looking for a drip tip made by a certain lyfe style company, cough cough. He posted a picture, and some people that have it said they were willing to sell it to him for $60 USD. A $60 drip tip? Said person posted on the thread that he thinks he'll just go for the clone in that case, to which everyone grabbed their pitchforks and told him to essentially get his broke ass out of the group. The poor guy was looking for a god damn drip tip and this "family" wanted to charge him $60 with everyone justifying it, posting a picture of their setups saying it "completes the look" or "if you can't afford it, don't ask for it [HASH=705]#**[/HASH]**lyfe [HASH=706]#prospect[/HASH]" or some shit. Does it really offend people that much that someone is going to look somewhere else for something because said company only made 2 of them, and now the community is trying to price gouge the item? I immediately left this group as I saw the overwhelming sense of superiority and the snobby attitude/conduct of some of the people on that thread simply put me off.

As for my personal experiences, in my opinion high-end is a label people slap on anything that is released in small batches and/or limited. Perfect examples are billet boxes, and alot of the mech mod companies out there. There's nothing wrong with this on paper. However, in reality because of the small batches some items are released in, high end communities are full of "flexxers" who scoop everything up, then within a month everyone is posting threads looking for said item that's sold out and price gouging people out the ass. This is your money and by no means am I going to tell people what to do with it, but when someone posts a thread looking for an atomizer that was originally $75 bucks and you try selling your used, second hand shit for $100 because "you wont find it anywhere" is a fucking joke. I don't think this is the fault of the companies, sure some of them bottleneck releases, but quality is quality. (Most of the time)

Lastly I want to talk about this overwhelming sense of superiority apparent in the conduct of some of these groups. I'm in a certain group on Facebook for "premium e-liquid". We'll call them living-man-foot-potion's. The owner has a name, and a nickname. One of the community groups rules is literally "do not refer to him as Tom, you WILL call him Darth Vader, or you WILL be banned". Literally, get the fuck out of here dude, sure you prefer going by your nickname, but literally banning people because FACEBOOK TAGS YOUR ENTIRE NAME is absurd. I also understand its a group about a certain brand of eliquid, but when you're charging $30 a bottle and someone says they're worried about buying it and not liking it. Once again, everyone grab your pitchforks call this guy broke and tell him if he can't afford it, don't bother. Ridiculous.

I'm going to end this off by saying I am in this community because I enjoy the products certain companies make. I have a lyfestyle company setup on my desk right now with well over $200 worth of accessories and I love it to death, but this community is toxic. Price gouger's, poor conduct, and an over-looming sense of superiority over someone else. Like I said I have "high-end" setups that I love to death, but I believe people should buy what they can afford and just enjoy themselves. That's my rant. Y'all have a goodnight and I hope you enjoyed the read.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The "High-End" Community on Facebook is an absolute joke.

This post comes from anger of something recently witnessed on some of these FB groups along with personal experiences. If you're not a part of any of these groups, then I'll just fill you in. Its essentially people trying to B/S/T along with frequent hand checks, people recording themselves blowing clouds (this is called firing shots/shoutouts), advertisements for sales, and people posting extremely photoshopped pictures of themselves with their mods usually tagged with a quote (eg photoshopping devil horns on a picture of yourself with your setup with "I'm constantly holding back the devil inside" or some other quote).

So here's my problem. If any of you are in the high end scene you'll know that certain things hold value, but just because you paid say $500 doesn't mean the guy buying second-hand from you is willing to buy it for $500. Many of you who have sold off gear here or on Facebook realize this is just the harsh reality of things. However, I recently stumbled across a post of someone looking for a drip tip made by a certain lyfe style company, cough cough. He posted a picture, and some people that have it said they were willing to sell it to him for $60 USD. A $60 drip tip? Said person posted on the thread that he thinks he'll just go for the clone in that case, to which everyone grabbed their pitchforks and told him to essentially get his broke ass out of the group. The poor guy was looking for a god damn drip tip and this "family" wanted to charge him $60 with everyone justifying it, posting a picture of their setups saying it "completes the look" or "if you can't afford it, don't ask for it [HASH=705]#**[/HASH]**lyfe [HASH=706]#prospect[/HASH]" or some shit. Does it really offend people that much that someone is going to look somewhere else for something because said company only made 2 of them, and now the community is trying to price gouge the item? I immediately left this group as I saw the overwhelming sense of superiority and the snobby attitude/conduct of some of the people on that thread simply put me off.

As for my personal experiences, in my opinion high-end is a label people slap on anything that is released in small batches and/or limited. Perfect examples are billet boxes, and alot of the mech mod companies out there. There's nothing wrong with this on paper. However, in reality because of the small batches some items are released in, high end communities are full of "flexxers" who scoop everything up, then within a month everyone is posting threads looking for said item that's sold out and price gouging people out the ass. This is your money and by no means am I going to tell people what to do with it, but when someone posts a thread looking for an atomizer that was originally $75 bucks and you try selling your used, second hand shit for $100 because "you wont find it anywhere" is a fucking joke. I don't think this is the fault of the companies, sure some of them bottleneck releases, but quality is quality. (Most of the time)

Lastly I want to talk about this overwhelming sense of superiority apparent in the conduct of some of these groups. I'm in a certain group on Facebook for "premium e-liquid". We'll call them living-man-foot-potion's. The owner has a name, and a nickname. One of the community groups rules is literally "do not refer to him as Tom, you WILL call him Darth Vader, or you WILL be banned". Literally, get the fuck out of here dude, sure you prefer going by your nickname, but literally banning people because FACEBOOK TAGS YOUR ENTIRE NAME is absurd. I also understand its a group about a certain brand of eliquid, but when you're charging $30 a bottle and someone says they're worried about buying it and not liking it. Once again, everyone grab your pitchforks call this guy broke and tell him if he can't afford it, don't bother. Ridiculous.

I'm going to end this off by saying I am in this community because I enjoy the products certain companies make. I have a lyfestyle company setup on my desk right now with well over $200 worth of accessories and I love it to death, but this community is toxic. Price gouger's, poor conduct, and an over-looming sense of superiority over someone else. Like I said I have "high-end" setups that I love to death, but I believe people should buy what they can afford and just enjoy themselves. That's my rant. Y'all have a goodnight and I hope you enjoyed the read.

Everything you said is why I refuse to participate in FB vaping - and I am a lover (and sometimes buyer) of some pretty high end shit

I also hate the endless lists, waffles, and what have you to get in on the privilege to buy something

Marketwise, I see no problem with getting as much as you can for what you want to sell: I DO have a problem with the elitist BS

People should vape at the price level they are comfortable with without fear of vape shaming

Azn

Member For 3 Years
Everything you said is why I refuse to participate in FB vaping - and I am a lover (and sometimes buyer) of some pretty high end shit

I also hate the endless lists, waffles, and what have you to get in on the privilege to buy something

Marketwise, I see no problem with getting as much as you can for what you want to sell: I DO have a problem with the elitist BS

People should vape at the price level they are comfortable with without fear of vape shaming

Elitist, god thank you that was the word I was looking for, in my anger I couldn't think of it.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just to counterpoint, not to really disagree, there IS a certain awareness and etiquette to follow, which is KIND OF reasonable - whether here, on FB or whatever - and that is that SOME threads are pretty clearly for fans of a particular brand, or even a semi-official social presence for that brand. And some threads are, in the description, averse to clones. And in both those cases, it's kind of inappropriate to discuss a clone. That's all. General vaping info threads - that's a different story.

For background - I have some "name-brand" stuff, some "high end" stuff.
I also have some $20 chinese mods. I have like literally probably 100 drip tips I paid under $3 each for. I have some $15 clone RDA's and some $150 "hard to get" RDA's.

But I wouldn't, in a thread called "Fans of the Wanko," talk about getting a clone (pretty sure they didn't clone the Wanko, lol), having a clone, whether the clone is good, etc.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just to counterpoint, not to really disagree, there IS a certain awareness and etiquette to follow, which is KIND OF reasonable - whether here, on FB or whatever - and that is that SOME threads are pretty clearly for fans of a particular brand, or even a semi-official social presence for that brand. And some threads are, in the description, averse to clones. And in both those cases, it's kind of inappropriate to discuss a clone. That's all. General vaping info threads - that's a different story.

For background - I have some "name-brand" stuff, some "high end" stuff.
I also have some $20 chinese mods. I have like literally probably 100 drip tips I paid under $3 each for. I have some $15 clone RDA's and some $150 "hard to get" RDA's.

But I wouldn't, in a thread called "Fans of the Wanko," talk about getting a clone (pretty sure they didn't clone the Wanko, lol), having a clone, whether the clone is good, etc.

Well, we are both vapers who are fans of high end gear and FastTech at the same time, lol

While I agree it would be bad form to talk clone in a fan boi/gurl page - some of the elitist crap that goes with FB and vaping is too much for me

And hey, we all know I like to show off as much as the next schmuck - and I generally try to avoid clones, though have bought my share of them

But we have all seen some arrogant prick behavior spillover to VU from FB and it makes me sick

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Although I don't use FB myself, I do know a guy who is a member of a fair number of true high end FB groups. Any and all of these groups are private groups, and, new applicants either are no longer being allowed in or are required to jump through burning hoops before they can start to even THINK about joining. The groups that you describe are the kind of places where all the rejects typically come to pretend that they're the ones who are into high end, when the reality is that, for the most part, they merely are rejects. So the only reason why you are confused is because the real high end groups are extremely deep below the radar. So much so, the vast majority of people who tend to post handchecks in the way that you describe are not even aware of their existence. Those people have exactly zero chance of joining such a group. Essentially, they remain forever stuck in the parking lot.

Why are they buried below the radar? The answer to that question is very simple. It's because they don't want to waste time with noobs who complain about $60 drip tips. The guy I was talking about vapes on a $660 drip tip that barely is bigger than the size of a pea.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Have to agree with train about the clone thing, a lot of the groups have the modders in themselves It’s an etiquette thing got to expect to get chewed out for it.

Aside from that yeah all that exists but pick the groups you enjoy a lot less of all that OP, if you see it gotta ask yourself if the product youre after is even worth investing in, jumping through hoops to pay someone for something never sits well with me and I just don’t bother ...skip past all that....plenty of the “higher end” makers are humble though run first come first serve lists for the shorter runs and do enjoy a bit of banter which I much prefer..

ultimately there is sales activity whith the hand checks and what not or to show off the new shiny ...that is ultimately why they exists after all, if you don’t agree with the rules don’t join the group.

there will always be an element of elistism anywhere even on VU it rears its head from time to time, you do you, don’t matter what the vape is expensive or not as long as you enjoy it ...as a hobby should be :)

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hemo is all about personal preference. If it's what you want, usually no price is too high. I say this as a monetarily poor landscaper. I know what I like and will pay top dollar if I see that it's a top dollar item. It's only worth what you're willing to pay for it. But I also like nice shit. I have clones and $10 wasp Nanos. I also have 70-80 rdas. Cheap clone mods and have been into billets and other higher end mods as well. I think the elitist attitude if you're not willing to spend the money the gtfo, is the wrong attitude to have. But also all the hoops to jump through to have the privilege to give my money to someone else is bullshit. I love spending money. Absolutely love it. That's why I'm poor. I'd damn sure buy a 60 drip tip if I didn't have to give a rimjob for the chance at a possible opportunity to make it into a group. ?‍♂️. Rimjobs can be fun lol, as long as you're not the one giving them.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To each his own. If it makes you happy who am I to judge?

I only joined FB for vape stuff, got in a bunch of groups for Billet Box stuff. I found many of the same things annoying as the OP stated but just blew then off. Stopped following a ton of groups.

Then I got a new phone about 6 mos ago and never installed the app, haven't been on FB since.
Problem solved. :kickbutt:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hemo is all about personal preference. If it's what you want, usually no price is too high. I say this as a monetarily poor landscaper. I know what I like and will pay top dollar if I see that it's a top dollar item. It's only worth what you're willing to pay for it. But I also like nice shit. I have clones and $10 wasp Nanos. I also have 70-80 rdas. Cheap clone mods and have been into billets and other higher end mods as well. I think the elitist attitude if you're not willing to spend the money the gtfo, is the wrong attitude to have. But also all the hoops to jump through to have the privilege to give my money to someone else is bullshit. I love spending money. Absolutely love it. That's why I'm poor. I'd damn sure buy a 60 drip tip if I didn't have to give a rimjob for the chance at a possible opportunity to make it into a group. ?‍♂️. Rimjobs can be fun lol, as long as you're not the one giving them.
The $660 drip tip I was talking about in my previous reply to this thread is sitting on top of a SiChro RDA that's all MokuTi excepting only the AFC, which is SS. Total price of the RDA + drip tip: $2.5k... he uses that on his Harpy squonker. Another example of RDAs that run in the multithousands are the ones that are made by MEB MODS. You can't buy any of that stuff if you haven't made friends with at least one person who has got access.

Think of it this way. If you were a rich celebrity and you had your own private jet, would you still be able to go to the supermarket and not be molested by a hoard of paparazzi, and would you not remember what happened to Anthony Hopkins in the 1996 movie titled The Edge. The guy I know is not rich, and neither am I, but the basic principle of keeping all the unwanted attention at bay still logically applies when the word gets out that you're buying multiple stuff that is relatively expensive. That's why a lot of this stuff is so incredibly hard to get if you're not part of the high end community. They all know each other, and like to keep it that way. The "elitist attitude" that you can see happening outside in the "parking lot" is just the decoy. The actual high end hardware transactions are all behind locked doors, if not behind doors that have been welded permanently shut. As long as there exists envy, this spirit will continue. So this isn't about rimjobs. Rather, this is about some noob crying about rimjobs that are happening in the parking lot. Bottom line: watching bitches cry can also be fun. As long as you're not the one drowning in the resulting river of bitches' tears.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will be first to admit that I do own a bit of HEMO product. I've nothing against clones or pods though. I do not want shit that breaks down in a month though. I could buy disposables - which I don't because they pollute. I really hate cheap Chinese shit but some Chinese products are top notch - Dot mod, Lost Vape, Yihi and even some SXK and Aspire and Asmodus (some of their stabs are beautiful) ...
No one should judge though. But some sites on FB clearly state 'no clones'. That is not a judgement - just that site's rule. It does not offend me in the least. I have a B/S/T site. Anyomne can post anything as long as it has a clear description of what it is, eg, SXK billet box. The same is expected in our site here if you are selling.
I'm not going to argue the merits of buying authentic over clone. Either you believe that t5he person who originally designed the device has a right to be upset when copied or yoiu do not. I actually know some modders who feel cloning their product is compliment.
Given a choice financially I will always buy authentic first. That's just me. But whatever keeps you off ananlogs and as long as you are not being deceitful when selling your gear buy what you like to keep off the stinkies.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The $660 drip tip I was talking about in my previous reply to this thread is sitting on top of a SiChro RDA that's all MokuTi excepting only the AFC, which is SS. Total price of the RDA + drip tip: $2.5k... he uses that on his Harpy squonker. Another example of RDAs that run in the multithousands are the ones that are made by MEB MODS. You can't buy any of that stuff if you haven't made friends with at least one person who has got access.

Think of it this way. If you were a rich celebrity and you had your own private jet, would you still be able to go to the supermarket and not be molested by a hoard of paparazzi, and would you not remember what happened to Anthony Hopkins in the 1996 movie titled The Edge. The guy I know is not rich, and neither am I, but the basic principle of keeping all the unwanted attention at bay still logically applies when the word gets out that you're buying multiple stuff that is relatively expensive. That's why a lot of this stuff is so incredibly hard to get if you're not part of the high end community. They all know each other, and like to keep it that way. The "elitist attitude" that you can see happening outside in the "parking lot" is just the decoy. The actual high end hardware transactions are all behind locked doors, if not behind doors that have been welded permanently shut. As long as there exists envy, this spirit will continue. So this isn't about rimjobs. Rather, this is about some noob crying about rimjobs that are happening in the parking lot. Bottom line: watching bitches cry can also be fun. As long as you're not the one drowning in the resulting river of bitches' tears.

sounds like your describing Epstein... he liked secret clubs and doing transactions behind closed doors too

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sounds like your describing Epstein... he liked secret clubs and doing transactions behind closed doors too
the-moment-you-realize-it-s-monday-tomorrow.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well it's facebook, so I'm not sure why you expected anything different.
Facebook has two different faces. One is public, one is private and the latter can protect the real high end interest groups (i.e. the real elite) against useless crying from those who are systematically rejected (i.e. those who remain forever locked outside by the real elite) like I previously explained. The principle is fairly simple TBH. The harder they cry, the lower their chance of being capable to snag a huge item like this.

heat treated titanium Eagle.jpg
red delrin FTR.jpg
ciphers.jpg

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've never used facebook, twitter, or any of those other social media outlets of the sort. Looks like I made an excellent decision. It wouldn't work out for me anyway, I have a hard time not pointing out how much stupid is flowing out of someone. This is why I refrain from posting on forums most of the time.

And I will never bend over backwards for someone to wallet rape me. I know too many places that will do that with no prerequisites, so I got absolutely no time for that junk. If the makers want to get my money, they will sell their products publicly and not solely to their brand whores. If not, there is literally hundreds of other options out there that do business like a real company, and not like some dude making stuff in his garage.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never used facebook, twitter, or any of those other social media outlets of the sort. Looks like I made an excellent decision. It wouldn't work out for me anyway, I have a hard time not pointing out how much stupid is flowing out of someone. This is why I refrain from posting on forums most of the time.

And I will never bend over backwards for someone to wallet rape me. I know too many places that will do that with no prerequisites, so I got absolutely no time for that junk. If the makers want to get my money, they will sell their products publicly and not solely to their brand whores. If not, there is literally hundreds of other options out there that do business like a real company, and not like some dude making stuff in his garage.
I totally agree with this.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

What makes you think the makers of these types of items want to get your money? The simple truth about them is that they actually REFUSE to take your money no matter what you'll try to convince them, and, the only reason why they aren't making any exceptions to this in any way, EVER, is because too much stupid is flowing out of YOU. Harsh, I know... but it is what it is, and, adding more crying about it isn't going to change a thing, as they aren't interested in watching you cry─which is why they like to keep things strictly private, to ensure that all the useless crying stays locked permanently outside, like, outside where you can't bother them with your crying. Else, they would have drowned in all those useless tears a million times over. Plain and simple.

Azn

Member For 3 Years
What makes you think the makers of these types of items want to get your money? The simple truth about them is that they actually REFUSE to take your money no matter what you'll try to convince them, and, the only reason why they aren't making any exceptions to this in any way, EVER, is because too much stupid is flowing out of YOU. Harsh, I know... but it is what it is, and, adding more crying about it isn't going to change a thing, as they aren't interested in watching you cry─which is why they like to keep things strictly private, to ensure that all the useless crying stays locked permanently outside, like, outside where you can't bother them with your crying. Else, they would have drowned in all those useless tears a million times over. Plain and simple.

I'm very new to this community and I don't know who you are to this community, but based on your mannerisms, how you talk about the groups I'm referring to, and you feeling the need to post pictures of some undoubtedly beautiful/expensive mech mods for no reason at all other than gloating tells me that you're the exact type of elitist I am referring to in these posts. Maybe you don't see it, but from your responses you have a sense of elitism because you think you're above crying and begging like everyone else. You're the reason I hate the "High end community". I've loved high end items, and like I stated I have setups that I'm very happy with that are high end enough for me, but people like you talking about how much better it is to be on the "inside" and part of the "real elite" is some of the cringiest shit I've ever had the privilege of reading.

Honestly, why did you feel the need to post pictures of your mods? To validate your purchase? To prove to these "noobs" that you're better? Thank the heavens you came along and showed us these mods while we sit and wait in your parking lot. I can say with complete honesty that based on your responses, people like you are what make the high end community toxic.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm very new to this community and I don't know who you are to this community, but based on your mannerisms, how you talk about the groups I'm referring to, and you feeling the need to post pictures of some undoubtedly beautiful/expensive mech mods for no reason at all other than gloating tells me that you're the exact type of elitist I am referring to in these posts. Maybe you don't see it, but from your responses you have a sense of elitism because you think you're above crying and begging like everyone else. You're the reason I hate the "High end community". I've loved high end items, and like I stated I have setups that I'm very happy with that are high end enough for me, but people like you talking about how much better it is to be on the "inside" and part of the "real elite" is some of the cringiest shit I've ever had the privilege of reading.

Honestly, why did you feel the need to post pictures of your mods? To validate your purchase? To prove to these "noobs" that you're better? Thank the heavens you came along and showed us these mods while we sit and wait in your parking lot. I can say with complete honesty that based on your responses, people like you are what make the high end community toxic.
What makes you think I'm on the "inside"? I clearly stated earlier in the thread that I'm not a member of any one of these private communities on FB. In fact I don't even use FB at all... The mods in those pics I posted belonged to a personal friend of mine until I bought them from him, he is on the "inside", and, the only reason why I posted the pics was to let other people who might stumble across this thread in the future more easily see who is posting toxic BS. So here's an easy question for you. What makes you feel so important that any member of the real high end community should give two hoots about the fact you hate them? Think about that for a minute........

Azn

Member For 3 Years
What makes you think I'm on the "inside"? I clearly stated earlier in the thread that I'm not a member of any one of these private communities on FB. In fact I don't even use FB at all... The mods in those pics I posted belonged to a personal friend of mine until I bought them from him, he is on the "inside", and, the only reason why I posted the pics was to let other people who might stumble across this thread in the future more easily see who is posting toxic BS. So here's an easy question for you. What makes you feel so important that any member of the real high end community should give two hoots about the fact you hate them? Think about that for a minute........

The post is called venting, nobody gives a shit. Nobody had to even respond, yet here you are. Those mods that you bought are rare and exclusive because its made in limited quantities, they're beautiful yes, but the only "hoop" you have to jump through is a Facebook questionaire asking how old you are and why you want to join the group, and then stay up to be one of the people that make it on a preorder group yes its a pain in the ass, and its going to take forever but you make it sound like you have to be in the goddamn free masons to get a mod. That or your buddy participated in some raffles and won. If you're not really a part of it, then I don't know why you're talking about it purely based on experiences from your buddy hyping up a mod they wanted you to buy.

I want to say this again, I'm not saying its easy to get one of these mods, its a facebook group with almost 5000 people, they're extremely active, and those lists will fill faster than a soup kitchen in 1920, but this is going to go down another rabbit hole. Those lists are constantly populated by the same flexers and flippers that buy said mod for around $700 USD then inflate prices and offer to resell to new people for 4 digits. Before they came out with those mods, that same company and that same guy used to make top caps for the most popular RDAs at the time (Armageddon comes to mind) and people were flipping god damn top caps for ridiculous amounts of money as well. I don't know how much you paid for your mods, but I hope to god you didn't pay a ridiculous amount of money for heavy weights you leave in a display case because you need insurance to feel safe enough to use the mod.

Azn

Member For 3 Years
The post is called venting, nobody gives a shit. Nobody had to even respond, yet here you are. Those mods that you bought are rare and exclusive because its made in limited quantities, they're beautiful yes, but the only "hoop" you have to jump through is a Facebook questionaire asking how old you are and why you want to join the group, and then stay up to be one of the people that make it on a preorder group yes its a pain in the ass, and its going to take forever but you make it sound like you have to be in the goddamn free masons to get a mod. That or your buddy participated in some raffles and won. If you're not really a part of it, then I don't know why you're talking about it purely based on experiences from your buddy hyping up a mod they wanted you to buy.

I want to say this again, I'm not saying its easy to get one of these mods, its a facebook group with almost 5000 people, they're extremely active, and those lists will fill faster than a soup kitchen in 1920, but this is going to go down another rabbit hole. Those lists are constantly populated by the same flexers and flippers that buy said mod for around $700 USD then inflate prices and offer to resell to new people for 4 digits. Before they came out with those mods, that same company and that same guy used to make top caps for the most popular RDAs at the time (Armageddon comes to mind) and people were flipping god damn top caps for ridiculous amounts of money as well. I don't know how much you paid for your mods, but I hope to god you didn't pay a ridiculous amount of money for heavy weights you leave in a display case because you need insurance to feel safe enough to use the mod.

" The harder they cry, the lower their chance of being capable to snag a huge item like this. "

GTFO dude, the hardest criers are the ones that stay up counting seconds until the preorders are up, or bid ridiculous amounts of money for mods during the events. Yeah they're pieces of art, but you're making it sound ridiculous and unrealistic.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

He's a tool, and stole most of those pics from IG

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
" The harder they cry, the lower their chance of being capable to snag a huge item like this. "

GTFO dude, the hardest criers are the ones that stay up counting seconds until the preorders are up, or bid ridiculous amounts of money for mods during the events. Yeah they're pieces of art, but you're making it sound ridiculous and unrealistic.

Also, just read from this post to see what kind of wanker he is and not respected one bit on VU

#13,246

Most of us have him on ignore and let him blather - the only problem with that is he obviously thinks if no one argues then everyone thinks he's right

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
He's a tool, and stole most of those pics from IG
I don't know, I kind of pitty him.

But that may be because I have always envisioned him similar to Sloth from the goonies. His mom knew to chain that one up in the basement, but forgot to take the computer. Don't worry, she will find it soon I'm sure!

Sorry, one of my hobbies is making up back stories for the trolls.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The post is called venting, nobody gives a shit. Nobody had to even respond, yet here you are.
FIY, that last remark of yours also applies to YOU.
Those mods that you bought are rare and exclusive because its made in limited quantities, they're beautiful yes, but the only "hoop" you have to jump through is a Facebook questionaire asking how old you are and why you want to join the group, and then stay up to be one of the people that make it on a preorder group yes its a pain in the ass, and its going to take forever but you make it sound like you have to be in the goddamn free masons to get a mod.
Even if you ARE in the goddamn freemasons, you STILL won't be able to TOUCH these mods, let alone GET them. lol Maybe if you, like me, know someone who wants to sell one, yes it could happen. But that's still only a huge maybe. Sorry, but that's just the harsh reality. I can assure you that the way that you describe is not the way to be able to join a group where Cipher mods are occasionally being sold or traded (i.e. the "inside"). In the official Cipher group, the number of transactions made is exactly zero. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. Bupkis. As for the heat treated titanium Eagle and the red delrin FTR... fat chance, bud. They are one of a kind. So, does it make me feel "special" the fact I'm the only person in the universe who owns these two mods? Nope, but the mods certainly are very special to me. Do I have to care about the fact that tears are always wet? I'll let you guess two times.........
That or your buddy participated in some raffles and won. If you're not really a part of it, then I don't know why you're talking about it purely based on experiences from your buddy hyping up a mod they wanted you to buy.
Those who are really a part of it don't usually want to waste their time trying to explain it on here. I don't blame them for that, if you mean what I get. ?
No matter how many million times you keep confusing the group that you describe with real high end groups that you simply don't know anything about because, unlike me, you don't know any of their members, you're still only venting exactly BECAUSE you are being utterly confused about what is what.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also, just read from this post to see what kind of wanker he is and not respected one bit on VU

#13,246

Most of us have him on ignore and let him blather - the only problem with that is he obviously thinks if no one argues then everyone thinks he's right
I don't know, I kind of pitty him.

But that may be because I have always envisioned him similar to Sloth from the goonies. His mom knew to chain that one up in the basement, but forgot to take the computer. Don't worry, she will find it soon I'm sure!

Sorry, one of my hobbies is making up back stories for the trolls.
Useless crying like this is PRECISELY the reason why the real groups stay forever hidden way, WAY below the radar.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The only reason why it sounds ridiculous and unrealistic to you is because you don't have to worry about not getting harrassed by 5,000 criers each day.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't worry guys and gals. Not everyone wants to be in the Jeffery Epstein elitist group. So elite you have to kill yourself (or don't) to be a part of it.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't worry guys and gals. Not everyone wants to be in the Jeffery Epstein elitist group. So elite you have to kill yourself (or don't) to be a part of it.

Yes, add more crying!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha ha. I couldn't afford those mods. I have no shame in saying so. I have a feeling you couldn't either. Got some receipts to prove me wrong? Post'm up.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
^^^ proves not one effing thing LMAO

Ha ha. I couldn't afford those mods. I have no shame in saying so. I have a feeling you couldn't either. Got some receipts to prove me wrong? Post'm up.

What a poser :giggle: Wait, a poser at least has the shit....

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look I have one too. Not too exclusive of you can buy them from a website. Don't worry I'll just sit here and keep crying.
200818228db57d2ce989f872fb896507.jpg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
WoW... I love these kinds of threads...

they make the day feel worthwhile..

hemo is in the eye of user. A few of my pieces some consider hemo. A few of my items are low end. I’m extremely picky on performance, and longevity. Those two things are far more important to me than impressing some people on the interwebs.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Look I have one too. Not too exclusive of you can buy them from a website. Don't worry I'll just sit here and keep crying.
200818228db57d2ce989f872fb896507.jpg

Just because you can google for a website (poshdistro.com) that looks like an item used to be available on there at one time in the past, doesn't also mean they will actually let you place your order when the next item becomes available. That plus the fact that anyone who isn't half blind (nor is temporarily blinded from crying) can see from other handchecks you've been posting in the official handcheck thread that the hand shown in this one here looks completely different from yours so... you are just a dead giveaway, which also proves my point, that the reason why the real high end community is deep under the radar is simply because they don't need unwanted attention from people like yourself─despite you can still buy a Cipher mod from someone who owns one, if you can be lucky enough to find someone who not only owns one, but who also puts it up for sale in such a particular way that you're the one who may buy it, which, if you have no friendly connection that would facilitate such a transaction, happens only rarely of course, even though I know it's not impossible.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
^^^ proves not one effing thing LMAO

What a poser :giggle: Wait, a poser at least has the shit....
Your post is just another prime example of why mods like these are not very commonly put up for sale in a place where people like you are free to join: constant envy.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Proof of purchase or you just proved to everyone that you really are the smart-ass loser we all think you are. No beating around the bush. The only reason you know of the crybabies lane on fb of people not aloud is because you're the ring leader. Trust me. I would be too if I wanted to give 500euro to someone and they wouldn't even let me give the tickle sack a nudge. That's where you're stuck at isn't.. No proof of purchase means no purchase. . What a jackass. And we all know if you had some fucking receipts you'd post them to prove me wrong. I'm the type you wanna shoot so bad it make your wrinkled dick hard. So you really brought this on yourself with your holier than thou. Who's in the corner crying now. Come join me. I still don't have the money to buy those priced mods at one shot. But believe me I could save up for one no problem.

But this just adds to the op's original statement. The elitist attitude is shit. You've pretended to be elitist so long you forgot what it means. It's not rx100 mods that you cried about someone talking shit before.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And if you got them second hand no problem. Just means you can post a pic with all of the mods time stamped with a newspaper. Your name and some other smart ass shit i know you can think of.

If you got them second hand, would that mean you couldn't get in the group itself. But dangle like a piece of turd of the butt hairs of greatness which is the groups you can't get into?
Seriously dude proof of ownership and I'll drop it. You speak like your the president of these clubs so prove it. Simple as a pimple.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Proof of purchase or you just proved to everyone that you really are the smart-ass loser we all think you are. No beating around the bush. The only reason you know of the crybabies lane on fb of people not aloud is because you're the ring leader. Trust me. I would be too if I wanted to give 500euro to someone and they wouldn't even let me give the tickle sack a nudge. That's where you're stuck at isn't.. No proof of purchase means no purchase. . What a jackass. And we all know if you had some fucking receipts you'd post them to prove me wrong. I'm the type you wanna shoot so bad it make your wrinkled dick hard. So you really brought this on yourself with your holier than thou. Who's in the corner crying now. Come join me. I still don't have the money to buy those priced mods at one shot. But believe me I could save up for one no problem.

But this just adds to the op's original statement. The elitist attitude is shit. You've pretended to be elitist so long you forgot what it means. It's not rx100 mods that you cried about someone talking shit before.

The authenticity card is the only proof that you typically get whenever you buy such a mod from (or via) a personal friend excepting only if you are lucky enough to be so close to the actual source that they'll give you the original receipt also. Anyone who has bought one in this manner already knows this fact. All the Cipher mods I have are used ones except for the red delrin FTR, which is still unfired. As for giving 500 Euros to someone, my cheapest Cipher was double that amount... quadruple it for the titanium Eagle so, if you can buy one of these for only 500 Euros, it means you more than likely are exceptionally very close to the source, which I definitely am not, and, neither is my friend who sold/arranged them to/for me. Your constant whining about it doesn't change a thing about how this all works.

Do I feel like I'm part of the elite club? No, I'm not a member of any high end private groups like I already said multiple times. I don't have to be, so I choose not to be, just like I also choose to stay away from FB altogether. But at least I'm not the one who keeps on moaning about how the members of such clubs behave so pitiful. You don't even know any of them. You think you do, but I know that you don't. You are still just confusing the real high end groups with those that only pretend to be that. For some strange reason, this is what's keeping you cry. I have a feeling your crying isn't going to stop anytime soon.

That's why the real high end groups strictly are private. It's because they know from experience the fact people like you don't easily stop crying. Plain and simple. And, no, I never cried about someone talking shit about rx100 mods. I've never actually even heard about an rx100 mod before... I haven't the slightest idea what that might be so, please feel free to enlighten me. Or don't, and instead just keep crying like you do. It's really very entertaining to keep watching you cry. It's why I'm here. Watching you cry is almost as enjoyable as being the owner of a high end collection, and the best part about it is that it doesn't cost a Eurocent.

Have a nice day! :)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

VU Sponsors