Become a Patron!

Voltage draw help!

Hi guys,

First post.
I got a Kangertech subox mini, just fixed up my RBA with these specs:

0.3ohm
using 26ga Nichrome, 7 coils
22W (i feel is the optimal taste for my juice)
2.5V discharge (as seen on the OLED display)
Please correct me if wrong-> I suppose Amphere drawn is about 8A (V/R) which is fine as I'm using LG HG2 which is rated 20A tops

Question is.. is the 2.5V discharge SAFE?? 2.5V discharge on a full battery

There are many charts on 3 to 4.7v discharge. But I searched throughout this forum and can't seem to find any!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
the cut off for the mod is going to limit it, in a mech I would be sweating it. In a regulated mod if it was to low the battery would be safe the mod would not fire it.
FYI you can push it to the full 50w and not sweat it.

the cut off for the mod is going to limit it, in a mech I would be sweating it. In a regulated mod if it was to low the battery would be safe the mod would not fire it.
FYI you can push it to the full 50w and not sweat it.

Thanks for quick reply. Just tried 50W, I think I'll stick to lower wattage

It seems the only concern is whether the battery is able to handle the high Amps?
Regulated mod is quite safe in that sense it will auto cut off when battery has run low

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for quick reply. Just tried 50W, I think I'll stick to lower wattage

It seems the only concern is whether the battery is able to handle the high Amps?
Regulated mod is quite safe in that sense it will auto cut off when battery has run low
Or if the amp was higher than the battery could actually handle.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're completely safe with that battery and that setup. The reason you're seeing the 2.5V on the display is the Subox is "bucking" the output voltage of the battery to 2.5 volts so that you hit 22W at .3ohm. Even at the full 50W output you'd be pulling well below the LG's rating. Heck, even on a mechanical mod and a fully charged battery (4.2v) you're still in spec, though .3ohm is about as low as I'd go, as at .2 you've be pulling too much current.

VU Sponsors