Become a Patron!

VU is being attacked by Russia!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Isn't living in the information age grand? I think so, and it's nice there's handy software tools which make computing nice. One tool I discovered is an extension for Firefox type of web browsers. It lets me take a look at where servers are located. It also lets you look up who runs the administering of servers. From looking at the administrator info, I can also look at the headers. That tells me the server type and operating system running it.

Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.2k-fips

Apache servers can be extremely secure. Centos is a community driver fork of Redhat Linux. Redhat Linux had the bash shell zero-day exploit rendered inoperable in under five minutes of its release to the wild. The "door" was irrevocably shut and reinforced in ten minutes on most hardened Linux systems.

Want to bet a production scale Apache server on a Linux system isn't hardened? It would be fool hearted, career ending even to not have it hardened. I don't see an administrator keen upon leaving their cushy job of planning out networks too soon.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey! Ukraine solves a lot of stuff. War is good for the economy, right? And it goes a long way toward de-populating the planet by the 80 percent we need dead, or is it 90 percent... Then we don't need to look for what we have in common, only what there is to hate in each other. No need to spew unicorn farts about peace on earth and all that crap. We can just skip Thanksgiving and Christmas. We'll be too busy othering others, buying and selling narratives, being the base animals we really want to be. Right?

And we need Ukraine for laundering the profits of human trafficking and bioweapons. These have headquarters in Ukraine:

Johnson & Johnson
AstraZeneca
Novo Nordisk
Sanofi
PPD
GlaxoSmithKline
Takeda Pharmaceuticals
Syneos Health
MSD
Roche
PRA Health Sciences (Biotech & Pharmaceuticals)
Parexel (Biotech & Pharmaceuticals)
Ferring Biotech & Pharmaceuticals
ICON Biotech & Pharmaceuticals
Novartis
Merck
Sandoz Biotech & Pharmaceuticals
Alcon
Psi Cro Biotech & Pharmaceuticals
Worldwide Clinical Trials (is the company name)
Servier Biotech & Pharmaceuticals
IDEXX Laboratories (biotech & pharmaceuticals)
Medpace
Arterium (biotech & pharmaceuticals)
Theorem Clinical Research
Quartesian (biotech & pharmaceuticals)
STADA Arzneimittel (biotech & pharmaceuticals)
Innothera (biotech & pharmaceuticals)
Farmak JSC (biotech & pharmaceuticals)
Kusum Health Care (biotech & pharmaceuticals)
Neurotrack (biotech & pharmaceuticals)
Oximio (biotech & pharmaceuticals)

No sh*t. Look it up.

And we have all these soldiers reporting for duty, just waiting to be deployed to kill, on the orders of the Resident of the United something or other. Let's all just sit back and enjoy another rollicking regime changing empire building war. It'll jack up the Dow Jones and empty the world of too many people breathing too much air. If a nuke explodes, cool. We'll get to see what it's like.

And we always need a new crisis so our controllers can get more control over us. Cootie19 isn't selling anymore. The war on terror petered out a long time ago (but not airport scanners, TSA, NSA, etc. etc., smart phones that spy on us), and before that wasn't it a war on drugs? Or war on poverty, or was it war on the poor... And before that a communist under every bed? And somewhere in there I missed the war on misinformation / disinformation, so the mainstream news and Witter can give us only the truth about wars, just as it gives us only the truth about vaping, right? And the truth about who loves us and who wants us all dead, like that archetypal horror movie subject, the deadly nanny.

Okay, suspended from the forum in 3...2...1...
J&J HQ is in New Jersey, Novo Nordisk HQ is in Denmark, first two I looked up are false so I don't feel bad about disregarding the rest of the post

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
J&J HQ is in New Jersey, Novo Nordisk HQ is in Denmark, first two I looked up are false so I don't feel bad about disregarding the rest of the post

I didn't say it was their only HQ. Many companies have regional headquarters, depending on what operations they conduct and where.

But it's good for everybody to do their own research.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
and sadly for those who dont have any and yes i do really mean sadly when the duke of Edinburgh said " for the sake of the future, we need a few years of restraint of childbirth, or we shall be bringing them into a world that cannot provide for them"
it is the longest period in history since sadly many died in a war. an age where people who could not have children, now can. where people with organ problems can now live longer. but instead of one dying and two being produced, we have 1 dying and 3-4 being produced together with the present living far longer, we used to have space aplenty for new houses, now we dont, food aplenty but not now. money went farther than it does now the cost of one crap mcspew meal would have fed a family. yes people say but things were unhealthy then with too much fat etc. i never saw any of my grand parents or uncles etc looking fat, now just look at the obese ammount of people in your town, yet there are health foods galore dieticians, warning on food labels etc. but sadly there are big companies needing more money and we can move around without having to walk. these are not at all things i like talking about, i want everyone on the planet to have anything they want. my thoughts are..do we really think enough about what we really want/need or do we yes me also just follow everyone else.
anything that is created/built needs a solid firm level base, but,,do we really have one?

We made it a point to host outside the USA. This has come to bite us in the ass :)

Our host is located in Europe but we found out today VU is sitting on a Ukrainian Sever.

Obviously we are going to relocate ASAP. The forum could go down at any time or can be completely fine.

If it goes down - there is a good chance it will not come back up until we find our new host.

There will be an update page if the site goes down.

All posts and messages have been backed up to the point of this post.

War will not take down VU!

--

We made it a point to host outside the USA. This has come to bite us in the ass :)

Our host is located in Europe but we found out today VU is sitting on a Ukrainian Sever.

Obviously we are going to relocate ASAP. The forum could go down at any time or can be completely fine.

If it goes down - there is a good chance it will not come back up until we find our new host.

There will be an update page if the site goes down.

All posts and messages have been backed up to the point of this post.

War will not take down VU!

-- Vaporjoe
U tell'em Joe!

VU Sponsors