We love DOGS too...

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
11051882_970542006299245_3500286403119398438_n.jpg

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a cool video of a Dog playing with a Deer! My Collie wants to herd the Deer in my yard :cool:. I really don't believe they want to be herded though :D. They stand there looking at each other for awhile. She gets closer and finally one will do a foot stomp and hiss at her. She smiles, lets out a bark, then charges towards them. At that point, they take off into the woods lol. When all is said and done, she ends up herding them into the woods :p

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a cool video of a Dog playing with a Deer! My Collie wants to herd the Deer in my yard :cool:. I really don't believe they want to be herded though :D. They stand there looking at each other for awhile. She gets closer and finally one will do a foot stomp and hiss at her. She smiles, lets out a bark, then charges towards them. At that point, they take off into the woods lol. When all is said and done, she ends up herding them into the woods :p

Cheers,
Steve
If she'd have been a full grown deer that may not have been so cute....LOL, DH had a deer farm and the foot stomp can be pretty violent when they are pissed.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If she'd have been a full grown deer that may not have been so cute....LOL, DH had a deer farm and the foot stomp can be pretty violent when they are pissed.
I hear that, at times we have over 20 deer in our yard. They are quite big when you get close to them. Funny thing is, when I see them, I'll whistle at them and they come towards me. Here's a few pics of Deer and assorted animals in the yard. My Collie thinks they are all her pets. She herds them all back into the woods eventually:D. She has no fear of animals, however fireworks are another story.

Deer in the Yard
Phone%20Pictures%20655_zps9obev4cu.jpg

More Deer
Phone%20Pictures%20651_zpske1gxave.jpg

More of the same
Phone%20Pictures%20650_zpsfgzwbcmc.jpg

Collie herding a Gardener Snake into the woods on the first warm day of last spring. They all were sunning themselves.
Phone%20Pictures%20234_zpscat90qui.jpg

Gardener Snake closeup
Phone%20Pictures%20235_zpshnq5mwby.jpg

A few Ducks for good measure.
Phone%20Pictures%20237_zps8dpwqtq3.jpg

Picture of Penny when we were in Arizona 2 years ago
Phone%20Pictures%20179_zpsrwppq7gi.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

VU Sponsors