https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Should I start a YouTube Channel and get paid for my clicks?
If this is a reference to me than simply read this and you’ll understand that it’s not about paid for click, I don’t even know how that works. It’s about inspiring others who need something to hold on to or to get over a trauma through food. learning to work in the kitchen again after my injury was instrumental in me gaining my life back. It helped me to recover from my brain injury, learn to work my hands again, as well as navigate with the chair. If my trying to help and teach others bothers you in some way, than I really don’t know what to tell you.

-also I’m not looking for traffic here, I was on this thread from the beginning sharing my creations and advice when asked. 20 plus years of professional experience and passion, speaks for itself. I just figured I would continue to share my food.

Last edited:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Lobster Tails with Asparagus and Hollandaise

View attachment 179615
YOU and STEVE are KILLING ME!
today's even our anniversary
super omgod to dream.jpg

and even with DAT ICON at da trigger

still figured i best go for da xxx- extra surplus liters of nic, an some xxx - extra surplus of VG
with a nice Mod for sparkey..

so we are going to have itty bitty baby size they call them Large? out here,
Beer batter shrimp
with homemade cocktail sauce,

NO lobster even after 29 Years sniffel sniffel,

edit: an by da way:
I wanted this, click

your own cooking how to
more then you may have ever relized,, SUBSCRIBE!

you had me @ grilled asparagas with Olive oil, garlic, pepper an basamic vinigar

some time ago

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
YOU and STEVE are KILLING ME!
today's even our anniversary
View attachment 179616

and even with DAT ICON at da trigger

still figured i best go for da xxx- extra surplus liters of nic, an some xxx - extra surplus of VG
with a nice Mod for sparkey..

so we are going to have itty bitty baby size they call them Large? out here,
Beer batter shrimp
with homemade cocktail sauce,

NO lobster even after 29 Years sniffel sniffel,
I don’t know what his issue is… jealousy is not attractive on anyone. But whatever.

Lobster has never really been a thing for me. My wife loves it! I just prefer the smaller cousins- crawfish. Think it just comes down to a regional preference, maybe?

I eat shrimp in some way, shape or form at least once a week. beer battered is killer!!!
Now that summer is coming, I’m hoping to get some 12-15 count on the grill soon.

happy anniversary!!!!

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don’t know what his issue is… jealousy is not attractive on anyone. But whatever.

Lobster has never really been a thing for me. My wife loves it! I just prefer the smaller cousins- crawfish. Think it just comes down to a regional preference, maybe?

I eat shrimp in some way, shape or form at least once a week. beer battered is killer!!!
Now that summer is coming, I’m hoping to get some 12-15 count on the grill soon.

happy anniversary!!!!
thanks..
steve had lobster.. Looked to die for...
he GAVE me that link so I TO can get FRESH LOBSTER..
an trust me when i tell you i look at that link ever day,

an SOMEDAY am gonna click it an get
LOBSTER and MONK FISH an SHRIMP da size of BABY DOLPHINS like you fellers do.

so please do not fault me for being jellious over here with my mouth watering as it is.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
thanks..
steve had lobster.. Looked to die for...
he GAVE me that link so I TO can get FRESH LOBSTER..
an trust me when i tell you i look at that link ever day,

an SOMEDAY am gonna click it an get
LOBSTER and MONK FISH an SHRIMP da size of BABY DOLPHINS like you fellers do.

so please do not fault me for being jellious over here with my mouth watering as it is.
If you want the big shrimps, hit up www.cajungrocer.com
Do yourself a favor and grab some hogshead cheese and boudin while you’re there. That’s the stuff that makes me see the Jesus.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If you want the big shrimps, hit up www.cajungrocer.com
Do yourself a favor and grab some hogshead cheese and boudin while you’re there. That’s the stuff that makes me see the Jesus.
link is saved..
am reading your web site...
and had to giggle.. Most common question your asked...

what kind of knife should i get?

I ASKED THAT lol lol lol

and what are the BEST pans to use

an i asked that to... { still out of my price range yet someday }

yet got the knife... LOVE it to. use it ever day,
as for the hogs head mild? or the other?

{{ yes i make noats }}

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
link is saved..
am reading your web site...
and had to giggle.. Most common question your asked...

what kind of knife should i get?

I ASKED THAT lol lol lol

and what are the BEST pans to use

an i asked that to... { still out of my price range yet someday }

yet got the knife... LOVE it to. use it ever day,
as for the hogs head mild? or the other?

{{ yes i make noats }}
The knife question is why I started filming. It’s easier to show a fit than it is to explain it. not to mention I do get asked that at least twice a week..

The spicy is hot, buts it’s Cajun hot, so it has flavor. If you’re sensitive to spice, stick with the mild. If you like spicy, “think slap ya momma” spicy, then get the hot.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The knife question is why I started filming. It’s easier to show a fit than it is to explain it. not to mention I do get asked that at least twice a week..

The spicy is hot, buts it’s Cajun hot, so it has flavor. If you’re sensitive to spice, stick with the mild. If you like spicy, “think slap ya momma” spicy, then get the hot.
been using the slap your momma you suggested ALOT...
GREAT item to use in a diy shake an bake.

soooooooooooo not the mild hoghead for me.
thanks again...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
been using the slap your momma you suggested ALOT...
GREAT item to use in a diy shake an bake.

soooooooooooo not the mild hoghead for me.
thanks again...
Anytime

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After busting my ass outside doing the lawns all day I ordered Take Out. After seeing so many Papa Johns commercials for their Stuff Crust Pizza I said WTH and ordered one. I must say this was filling Pizza~!

1616279053943.png

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If this is a reference to me than simply read this and you’ll understand that it’s not about paid for click, I don’t even know how that works. It’s about inspiring others who need something to hold on to or to get over a trauma through food. learning to work in the kitchen again after my injury was instrumental in me gaining my life back. It helped me to recover from my brain injury, learn to work my hands again, as well as navigate with the chair. If my trying to help and teach others bothers you in some way, than I really don’t know what to tell you.

-also I’m not looking for traffic here, I was on this thread from the beginning sharing my creations and advice when asked. 20 plus years of professional experience and passion, speaks for itself. I just figured I would continue to share my food.

Read that link.
Very cool and inspirational 👍👍

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This morning I used some leftover Corned Beef for Corned Beef Hash and Eggs. I didn't take a picture of the over easy eggs but you get the idea.

1616340409113.png

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That looks awesome
How do you make your curry sauce?
Thanks. Chopped onion, garlic and the red peppers cooked first with whichever oil I feel like. Chicken next till nearly cooked. Add some curry powder (i just add small amounts and taste every ten minutes to see if its where I want it at the time, sometimes want a hot others a mild so I add or stop where I want it as one does I guess) little bit of tumeric (not a lot as you can see its not real yellow, me personally find tumeric a bit over powering so I only use a very small amount) some black pepper, ginger, parsely and chicken salt. I never have a set amount of any and add a small bit of each, wait then taste and add more of whatever I seems to need. I try to get a balance without any single overpowering flavour. I kind of think as I go along "mmm can taste the ginger there in the background, curry doesn't kill it, get that it has tumeric, nice pepper heat just enough salt, but alway go for a little under with the salt so anyone can add if they want more but others dont get it overdone. I guess the KIS principle (I leave out the other S as nobody's stupid, or I like to think not)
Lot of the stuff we make now we dont use creams or heavy on the cheese as I was told by the dr to make some changes. I was borderline a few things in some recent tests that I should be able to correct. But by by a lot of indulgences. My mad tripple cheese pizzas sailed off into the sunset :giggle:
Oh the noodles are konjac root noodles. Crazy low carb but I love them.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never have a set amount of any and add a small bit of each, wait then taste and add more of whatever I seems to need. I try to get a balance without any single overpowering flavour. I kind of think as I go along "mmm can taste

That is exactly how I cook~! Smell, Taste and Look.................

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I like smoking stuff, fish I catch and chicken wings. But we have had 3 days of rain, still raining and my garage has water all over the floor. My smoker has a burner that sits on the ground.

The Weber in that picture is a Smoking Grill but I have Smokin-Pit which has Charcoal on the bottom and a pan of water under the grill for drippings. It is very old but works great~!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The Weber in that picture is a Smoking Grill but I have Smokin-Pit which has Charcoal on the bottom and a pan of water under the grill for drippings. It is very old but works great~!
Webers are great.
I have a fold up take anywhere one. Great little thing.
I'll take a picture of it tomorrow. Dark cold and wet now.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have the same one~! Compliments of Marlboro when they used to come to the shop and giveaway Marlboro Gear with purchases of Cartons. I actually had to replace the cooking grill because it rusted out.

1616585471761.png

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ever...you know...thought of moving to Australia....just a thought maybe err say ....Central Victoria? 😁
Hahaha 🤣
Truth be told, I did think of it some years ago. It’s a beautiful country, and before I got hurt I had always dreamed of scuba diving off the coast there. At the time it was incredibly difficult to to gain citizenship there, though. At least that’s what I had read. Not sure what that’s like now. Either way, it’s on my long list of places I want to visit if traveling ever becomes a plausible thing again.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hahaha 🤣
Truth be told, I did think of it some years ago. It’s a beautiful country, and before I got hurt I had always dreamed of scuba diving off the coast there. At the time it was incredibly difficult to to gain citizenship there, though. At least that’s what I had read. Not sure what that’s like now. Either way, it’s on my long list of places I want to visit if traveling ever becomes a plausible thing again.
Hi. Yeah I think it is difficult to gain it. There have been people here who have been really great contributors to our society, working honestly, great skills only to be given the marching orders to leave!
And yet there are violent criminals comitting car jacking, violent home invasions hacking people with machettes, knives, using guns, numerous caught on camera bashing elderly people and stomping on their heads and yet they stay. They came as refuges, utter bs, they brought every bit of violence from where they came from to Aus committing the very things they were supposed to be fleeing. The things they do here were previously unheard of in our society. :(

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi. Yeah I think it is difficult to gain it. There have been people here who have been really great contributors to our society, working honestly, great skills only to be given the marching orders to leave!
And yet there are violent criminals comitting car jacking, violent home invasions hacking people with machettes, knives, using guns, numerous caught on camera bashing elderly people and stomping on their heads and yet they stay. They came as refuges, utter bs, they brought every bit of violence from where they came from to Aus committing the very things they were supposed to be fleeing. The things they do here were previously unheard of in our society. :(

No to get Political but the Poser in our White House has opened the Borders here to Mass Child Exploitation and Trafficking Zones. Kids on Spring Break Destroy Businesses because they got Rowdy and a Curfew was Instilled. 2 Black Teens raped and Murdered a young woman but the Media doesn't say what what race they are. The NY State released Hard Criminals who committed the same Crimes they were in prison for only to go thru a revolving door and be released again.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sad really. Of course anything you do to try and curve the importation of violence or violent people is always met with 50 percent cheats and 50 percent anger.
nothing pleases everyone.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wish I could eat like I used to, that looks soo good.
Thank you Jimi!
I’ll have some more vegetable centric foods. I did shakshuka a few weeks back. I added beef, but it’s just as good without.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I wish I could eat like I used to, that looks soo good.
Yeah me too. Used to not long ago, just several weeks, eat everything, but have been told to do a radical change to my lifestyle. Here I was thinking I was bulletproof!
But to be honest im enjoying the new type of things.
Gone though are my beloved processed foods, "alas poor chips I knew you well!" "Goodbye hotdogs my good friends!" "Oh super duper cheesy pizza I bid you farewell!"
You'll all have to excuse me I'm getting a bit emotional. 😢
Though it could be the new medication kicking in. 🙃

VU Sponsors