Become a Patron!

What are you cooking?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn NASCAR, Dern rain...etc.

But, I made "Buffalo Wing Pizza".
Sorta followed this recipe, but used far hotter than Franks. :D

Used mexi-4-cheese for the bottom on top of the blue-cheese dressing, and Wisconsin sharp cheddar on the top. Added some crushed garlic with fire-roasted peppers and onions to the chicken/wing sauce mix too.

Instead of the blu-cheese/celery on the side, I brushed the crust with the dressing and sprinkled lightly with celery salt. Ya get the flavors, but all in the pizza. ;)

(crappy pics, meh)

Very yummy though...Very piquant & spicy, cheesy, buttery, that hint of blu cheese and celery...:cheers:

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Misses made one of her Pizzas last night. So I followed her through it.
She doesn't make the traditional style crust though she does make the rest the same way as her family did. They dont use paste.
The crust is made with sifted wholemeal flour, some skim milk, butter and olive oil. (Thats her way of making it health wise)
Its not your usual bendy base you see people eat. The whole thing is health centred but still tastes awesome.
No prize for guessing what the ingredients are except the basil is greek basil and the bacon is first boiled to remove excess salt and fats then fried in olive oil.
20210411_132538.jpg
A little hot shriracha suace between the tomato pieces.
20210411_132713(1).jpg
20210411_133314(1).jpg
Light on the cheese.
20210411_133406(1).jpg
20210411_180509(2).jpg
Serve.
20210411_180841(2)(1).jpg
Followed by an equally healthy Pear and Chocolate custard using Stevia instead of sugar.
20210411_182412(1).jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Shit man, for less than that price ya could buy some real Aussie sauce. Without extracts and crap. ;)

https://thehippyseedcompany.com/product-category/chilli-sauce/

I got this too: https://www.chileseeds.co.uk/shop/the-hottest-chilli-in-the-world-carolina-reaper-puree/

Only 5 Euros for pure, natural, pain.

PS: that "Curbstomp" wing sauce I used has Reaper and Scorpion, beisdes the other weaker sorts of chillies.

"The Curbstomp is an awesome mix of Orange Habanero, Cayenne, Peri-Peri, Trinidad Scorpion and the hottest pepper in the world, the Carolina Reaper! This stuff will put lead in your pencil. Awesome on wings, and just as good in chili. "

That means my leftover Pizza can basically re-heat ITSELF. evil1.gif

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Shit man, for less than that price ya could buy some real Aussie sauce. Without extracts and crap. ;)

https://thehippyseedcompany.com/product-category/chilli-sauce/

I got this too: https://www.chileseeds.co.uk/shop/the-hottest-chilli-in-the-world-carolina-reaper-puree/

Only 5 Euros for pure, natural, pain.

PS: that "Curbstomp" wing sauce I used has Reaper and Scorpion, beisdes the other weaker sorts of chillies.

"The Curbstomp is an awesome mix of Orange Habanero, Cayenne, Peri-Peri, Trinidad Scorpion and the hottest pepper in the world, the Carolina Reaper! This stuff will put lead in your pencil. Awesome on wings, and just as good in chili. "

That means my leftover Pizza can basically re-heat ITSELF. View attachment 180588
I got seeds from the hippycrappyripoff seed company. Worst seeds ever. Got several varieties. Out of them all only 1 grew and even then it didnt fruit. The amount you get too is an utter joke considering how many seeds a single chilli has. :mad:
Id never give them another cent!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got seeds from the hippycrappyripoff seed company. Worst seeds ever. Got several varieties. Out of them all only 1 grew and even then it didnt fruit. The amount you get too is an utter joke considering how many seeds a single chilli has. :mad:

I tired growing from seeds last season and had my worst year ever. I blame the Covid-19 but others say ity was the weather. This year I bought better seeds and we will see how I do.

Tonight I had leftovers of the Lamb Chops and even nuking them I still taste Charcoal~!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I tired growing from seeds last season and had my worst year ever. I blame the Covid-19 but others say ity was the weather. This year I bought better seeds and we will see how I do.

Tonight I had leftovers of the Lamb Chops and even nuking them I still taste Charcoal~!
Yeah. To be as fair as I could I tried them twice. Over 2 grow seasons. They were still a let down. I still have the last ones growing right now and they are not fruiting. They were germinated 7 months ago! Our season is well and truly over now getting lots of cold nights and low temp days. They were just garbage. Even my misses tried them and she has the greenest of thumbs. Her verdict "they are rubbish".
Im not bothering with chilis or any other veggies here again. The bug problems seem to have gotten worse here over the yrs and the yeild vs effort isnt worth it any more. Herbs do ok as a lot of them naturally repel them but the veggies just get smashed. The bugs though were not the issue with the crappyseed company seeds as i had them in pots on the balcony this time and babied them.
Cheaper and easier to just buy from the supermarket these days.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beer is Food, eh? ;)

Full Sail Session Lager w/ a slice of lemon and a couple grains of coarse sea salt for balance.
Yes, I add ice....it's like 78F in the bedroom and as an 'ol Montana cowboy taught me about it: "if the ice melts, yer drinkin' too damn slow".

IMG_0997.JPG

(Sorry about the odd colors, for some reason the Canon picks up the weird tint where I nearly sliced off the top of my thumb awhile back. Ya can't see it IRL. Also, I'd had my hands in Curcumin and Pumpkin making Milly's food today.)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, sorry to hear man...I'd grown superhots from his seeds back in like 2008-2010...indoors.

A baby....

fJMD9Dc.jpg

Muuuuch later on...

t71Q2bI.jpg

rtx4u5Q.jpg

Sounds like you didn't pre-germinate in peat pots and transplant when ready. Ya can't just throw chille seeds in the ground, it won't work.

Nonetheless, his sauces are first-rate.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like you didn't pre-germinate in peat pots and transplant when ready. Ya can't just throw chille seeds in the ground, it won't work.

Nonetheless, his sauces are first-rate.
Beeeeep. Sounds like......Wrong. :)
My very first job was working in a garden nursery. Planting, potting, I must have planted and grown thousands upon thousands of plants when I worked there. Trees, shrubs, flowers.
Ive grown chili's for yrs.
With hippycrappy I used peat pots, tried on organic cotton wool layers, seed raising mix. All of which ways have been successful for me in the past. Though I prefer the layers of cotton so I can see which sprout strongly first and ditch the weak stragglers.
He sold me a dodgy batch.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like that these recipes are within the reach of the average person. 👍 Affordable.
Great recipes, not just things us mere peasants just dream of! :giggle:
I sometimes see the ones on tv shows and think "yeah right, im gonna blow a weeks worth of groceries cost on 1 meal"
Thankfully a lot of those tv chef recipes are starting to realize that and starting focusing more on affordable protein cuts.
pollack and haddock instead of blue fin tuna and mahi.
a lot of what was once “peasant food” is getting popular again. I wish it wouldn’t though, once that happens prices go up. Many chef cuts and peasant cuts are skyrocketing already. Pork belly used to be a chef favorite because it was cheap and flavorful. Now all the boujee motherfuckers want it and it’s stupid expensive by comparison.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thankfully a lot of those tv chef recipes are starting to realize that and starting focusing more on affordable protein cuts.
pollack and haddock instead of blue fin tuna and mahi.
a lot of what was once “peasant food” is getting popular again. I wish it wouldn’t though, once that happens prices go up. Many chef cuts and peasant cuts are skyrocketing already. Pork belly used to be a chef favorite because it was cheap and flavorful. Now all the boujee motherfuckers want it and it’s stupid expensive by comparison.
True yeah, we see that happening here too. I used to like going yabbying (your crawfishing) and the best bait in the nets were simple dog bones with a bit of meat on them. They used to be basically any bone with offcuts etc.
Buy dog bones now and they are just bare bones stripped of meat with no offcuts.
Those that we used to buy for dogs and yabbying are now sold as soup bones etc at quadripple the price they used to be. To use the same bait, add the fuel to go and get them in the bush dams and its cheaper and easier to just buy prawns (shrimp).
The same has happened with the pork belly here as well as others. :confused:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
True yeah, we see that happening here too. I used to like going yabbying (your crawfishing) and the best bait in the nets were simple dog bones with a bit of meat on them. They used to be basically any bone with offcuts etc.
Buy dog bones now and they are just bare bones stripped of meat with no offcuts.
Those that we used to buy for dogs and yabbying are now sold as soup bones etc at quadripple the price they used to be. To use the same bait, add the fuel to go and get them in the bush dams and its cheaper and easier to just buy prawns (shrimp).
The same has happened with the pork belly here as well as others. :confused:
Supply and demand curve can be a total pain in the ass

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The misses did one of her Italian dishes tonight. This is her own recipe not from the family.
Was lovely!
She made the meatballs out of pork and veal mince and mixed in with that, amongst herbs and spices, the insides or central part of eggplants. She half cooked them in a fry pan in olive oil.
The outside portions of the eggplants she cooked in a rich tomato sauce with onion, garlic, oregano, parsley, red and yellow capsicum.
Then on the bottom of a baking tray she placed 1 lasagna sheet. Poured half the sauce and eggplant mix over that, then placed the meatballs on top. Finally pouring the rest over them.
In the oven till done.
Delicious.
20210416_180139(3).jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Linguini Alla Vongole with White Wine, Garlic and Butter

1618611599442.png

1618611619500.png

When you want good food you must start with the Freshest Ingredients~! Nothing better then having a Fish Market close enough to be back in the kitchen in 45 minutes~!

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thats great for indoors. 👍
These pictures didnt load up the other day. I have a lot of issues with pictures and videos not showing up for me on Vapingunderground. Love the music game thread but its often a pain as I dont see what the videos are one day then do the next. Same as handcheck thread. Often its just writing. Often too I cant give a like or lol emoji either, nothing happens other than the Red Bar off doom streaking across the top of the page, when I see that I know im out of action. Actually often just composing a post is an epic event here but I grin and bear it. 😁

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sister has a new job

Reading employer reviews, apparently 5 hours between breaks is common

So, buying chocolate to make her nicotine infused chocolate coated coffee beans

Always difficult to guess what strength to make. So will do a range for her

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Didn’t cook today but we don’t order out often so I had to brag a little

went to the deli 6 blocks up the road and grabbed a bag of my favorite chips- zapps Cajun crawtators- and we split pit favorite sammies. One is a Mexican inspired club consisting of a spicy ham and turkey with adobo and spicy peppers. The other was a blt made with a solid pound of bacon on Texas toast.

F20622F6-2BBF-42CD-835E-ECC03C89F83E.jpeg

oh and I think the cat overdoses on catnip
7863D0F9-F0B8-4301-B84A-4731D91C1A89.jpeg

Attachments

• B009B237-3023-4882-9613-7FCDD31DEF46.jpeg
    B009B237-3023-4882-9613-7FCDD31DEF46.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Didn’t cook today but we don’t order out often so I had to brag a little

went to the deli 6 blocks up the road and grabbed a bag of my favorite chips- zapps Cajun crawtators- and we split pit favorite sammies. One is a Mexican inspired club consisting of a spicy ham and turkey with adobo and spicy peppers. The other was a blt made with a solid pound of bacon on Texas toast.

View attachment 180813

oh and I think the cat overdoses on catnip
View attachment 180814
Hi. What are Crawtators? Something to do with crawfish?
There is an online shop here that sells them I see but doesn't say much.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi. What are Crawtators? Something to do with crawfish?
There is an online shop here that sells them I see but doesn't say much.
It’s my favorite potato chip. They are kettle
Fried and seasoned with the same seasoning that we use to
Boil crawfish. They are a bit spicy but really flavorful.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So since I worked my ass off around the house the last couple of days I figured I will sit in the backyard and enojy how nice it looks while I Smoke a Roast~!

1618764292183.png

1618764307721.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a few things for NASCAR and some Mariners games. ;-)

SIngle malt Islay scotch and a fun "Montana" beer. Yeehawww!

IMG_1008.JPG

Article on that beer, it's not terrible and 8% of procedes go to charity. :)

"Coming in Hot With the Cold Snacks — How Montucky Became the Most Successful Beer Brand You’ve Never Heard Of — Good Beer Hunting"

https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/sig...st-successful-beer-brand-youve-never-heard-of

And....that's likely a $50+ Islay single malt I got for $22 from Trader Joe's.
Oaky, peaty, smokey, friggin' tasty. :D

https://whiskeyreviewer.com/2019/10/finlaggan-old-reserve-scotch-review-10219/

Oh, and I made a WinCo-bought pizza, supposedly "Sicilian style"...yeah riiiight.
Also, they packed on the toppings to eXtreme. I took half of 'em off and cut the ridiculously huge raw sausage hunks in bits...some were the size of my thumb. How the fuck would that cook properly?

IMG_1009.JPG

Better...

IMG_1010.JPG

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, it tastes like a bloody campfire....fueled by burning peat. ;-)

IMG_1012.JPG

It lingers a looooong time after a sip. There is a lot going on in this whisky...smooth and rich but hits ya right in several taste receptors at once.

I agree with the reviewer...the smoke is predominant for sure. The iodine comment..yeah...I know THAT smell from childhood and he's spot-on.

The Scotch
Nose: smoky, peaty, salty, oak, vanilla, green apple
Palate: smoke, peaty, firewood, caramelized sugar, iodine, vanilla
Finish: smoke, pepper, smooth, peaty, leather, medium length

Those flavors do not give up either, they linger on and tease you. =)

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Grilled some Chicken with Mr. Stubb's~!

1618876499021.png

1618876540624.png

1618876591705.png

No one needs to see my side dishes I figure.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Looks like a no picture loading or able to give likes day here again.

I'll overcome you one day dreaded Red Line of Doom! :cuss2:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Brekky. :)

bRJRmkF.jpg

* toasted frozen waffles
* topped with warmed goat cheese thinned with half & half, agave syrup, and apple pie spice.
* Added fresh strawberries and a little extra cinnamon.

Much yummers.
strawberry-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tonight I made Braised veal with Peppers, Onions and Mushrooms. Can't wait to eat it~!

1618951137770.png

VU Sponsors