https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Love pork ribs. Didn't use a sauce this time instead made up a rub.
Parsley, oregano, thyme, hot cayenne pepper, tumeric, ginger, curry powder and black pepper. We love our roast veggies so no surprises there. Cold here now so comfort food time of year.
View attachment 181490
That looks absolutely divine!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mothers day soup

1680aa0e0a91a89bbb6fae2c02d7b5ad.jpg
65d3c10ea7b4403fe5e771f8118a78c3.jpg
3f45888508f5a888aba26ca4b9f83e1d.jpg
153b02191ce4d0c8a6cee5f71d86b157.jpg
8b9d04b963b5b649502595b609cdb90c.jpg
28e412f50b95291a824e8fc955b3075c.jpg
36572a77af8ded93337f32491b9d71f2.jpg
a41e099ba5db061ad4508ef2c3557506.jpg
f6a07061785ee9daddc24969204e9411.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So if you ever had a Wendy's Chicken Sandwich this is my take on it. Most times I will grill them on the BBQ but tonight I fried them with Panko Breadcrumbs.

1620683121161.png

1620683143474.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tonight I made a Meatloaf with Mushroom and Onions with Carrots and Mashed Taters on the side~!

1620859719836.png

1620859771119.png

1620859739507.png

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Pho or Japanese Beef Soup or Ramen- call it what you will, I call it deliciousness.

23C334DA-D34D-457A-8623-101F5D834120.jpeg953529B5-9306-4F39-9199-9E2B66427C51.jpeg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Smoked Jerk chicken wings

61A079E3-B105-441E-850C-730424E7ED52.jpeg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Misses did a stuffed eggplant. The filling is a herb veal/pork mince with some of the scooped out eggplant chopped and mixed in with the meat. A sheet of lasagne pasta sits on the bottom and is served with the sauce.
20210514_162514~2(1).jpg
20210514_162636~2(1).jpg
20210514_162857(1).jpg
20210514_180103~2(1).jpg
20210514_180345(1).jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Always wanted to try Swordfish. Never saw it even at the Fish co-op when we lived in Qld which had near everything. What type of fish would you compare it to?

It really is in a league of its own but some say Sailfish?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh man fresh Tuna. 😍😍I once caught a couple of small Tuna when we lived in Queensland Aus. They were awesome.
So you get 1 love 😍 for the Tuna, that looks mouthwateringly dribble worthy, and another 😍 for the Batman T-shirt.
Hahah!!! Love Tuna! I used to go out in the gulf all the time to catch them before I moved up to the Great Lakes.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hahah!!! Love Tuna! I used to go out in the gulf all the time to catch them before I moved up to the Great Lakes.
Really! That must have been awesome. I only fished shore based. You get out in the lakes at all fishing where you are?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Really! That must have been awesome. I only fished shore based. You get out in the lakes at all fishing where you are?
I haven’t yet. The wheelchair has stopped me from getting on my friends boats- the boats they have are much smaller than what I’m used to, and I don’t trust myself to make that transfer. However, I’m on a charter in July, so I’ll finally get back on the water. I’ve fished from shore, though. Had some fresh walleye and what not. It’s a far different species than what I grew up cooking and eating. Still good though. That’s been my toughest adjustment with moving up here. I’m used to having fresh trout, redfish, tuna and shrimp always in stock. Here it’s all land animals. lol

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I haven’t yet. The wheelchair has stopped me from getting on my friends boats- the boats they have are much smaller than what I’m used to, and I don’t trust myself to make that transfer. However, I’m on a charter in July, so I’ll finally get back on the water. I’ve fished from shore, though. Had some fresh walleye and what not. It’s a far different species than what I grew up cooking and eating. Still good though. That’s been my toughest adjustment with moving up here. I’m used to having fresh trout, redfish, tuna and shrimp always in stock. Here it’s all land animals. lol
Yep, know about your wheelchair but wont pretend to know what its like.
I damaged two discs im my back and two in my neck that have stopped me boat fishing since 2000.
One rock and me move the wrong way and its hit the floor. They are always pushing into my spinal chord and im conscious of it, feeling it every day.
Friends have given up offering me to come out with them.
Good luck on the charter though, that'd be awesome.
I love my trout fishing and love eating them. This last 12 mths has been a total fishing loser year for me though. I have always caught thumpers here, 3 to 11 lbs. But in this last yr no trout. :( I've lost my trout groove!
My sister got me a show fishing knife for my birthday a few yrs ago with a Walleye engraved on it. Id never use it.
20210515_232919_HDR(1).jpg
Hey, are they good eating?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yep, know about your wheelchair but wont pretend to know what its like.
I damaged two discs im my back and two in my neck that have stopped me boat fishing since 2000.
One rock and me move the wrong way and its hit the floor. They are always pushing into my spinal chord and im conscious of it, feeling it every day.
Friends have given up offering me to come out with them.
Good luck on the charter though, that'd be awesome.
I love my trout fishing and love eating them. This last 12 mths has been a total fishing loser year for me though. I have always caught thumpers here, 3 to 11 lbs. But in this last yr no trout. :( I've lost my trout groove!
My sister got me a show fishing knife for my birthday a few yrs ago with a Walleye engraved on it. Id never use it.
View attachment 181770
Hey, are they good eating?
That’s a beautiful knife!
walleye are really good eating! But, having eaten saltwater fish my whole life, it is “missing something.” If that makes any sense: it’s not bad, it’s just slightly different to me.
Have you tried a brace for your back.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That’s a beautiful knife!
walleye are really good eating! But, having eaten saltwater fish my whole life, it is “missing something.” If that makes any sense: it’s not bad, it’s just slightly different to me.
Have you tried a brace for your back.
Hi, yeah tried one but didn't help. If anything it agravated other things. I learnt to stop doing all the things that make it worse. I used to like jogging, that stopped, fishing in boats stopped, dont lift anything heavy anymore. Dont dare get in a low sedan type car. And avoid sitting with my knees above my waist. I have an inversion table that I use when it gives me grief. Its been like it for yrs now so I got to figure what to do and not to do to keep a balance.
Yeah I know what you mean about fish like that. I felt that way about our Aussie snook I used to catch. They were lacking something taste wise to me. My mum and dad used to like them so id fish for them to give to them. Id say "you really like these? Seriously?"
They'd always reply they did and ask me to catch more. Who knows I might love them now. Back then I hated gorgonzola cheese, I now love it. Funny how our tastes can change isn't it!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi, yeah tried one but didn't help. If anything it agravated other things. I learnt to stop doing all the things that make it worse. I used to like jogging, that stopped, fishing in boats stopped, dont lift anything heavy anymore. Dont dare get in a low sedan type car. And avoid sitting with my knees above my waist. I have an inversion table that I use when it gives me grief. Its been like it for yrs now so I got to figure what to do and not to do to keep a balance.
Yeah I know what you mean about fish like that. I felt that way about our Aussie snook I used to catch. They were lacking something taste wise to me. My mum and dad used to like them so id fish for them to give to them. Id say "you really like these? Seriously?"
They'd always reply they did and ask me to catch more. Who knows I might love them now. Back then I hated gorgonzola cheese, I now love it. Funny how our tastes can change isn't it!
Hahaha yeah that’s what I got out of the walleye. I would hear all the locals telling me it’s the best tasting fish they’ve had. I tried it, and all I could think was that it’s good, al seafood is good. The best? Not even close. Like you said, it’s just missing something.

sorry to hear about your back, though. I have a few relatives in physical therapy and they swear by something called kinesiology tape. I know for me it worked wonders when I was still fresh from surgery. Everyone is different though, but if it helps you get some mobility back, it may be worth a shot.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hahaha yeah that’s what I got out of the walleye. I would hear all the locals telling me it’s the best tasting fish they’ve had. I tried it, and all I could think was that it’s good, al seafood is good. The best? Not even close. Like you said, it’s just missing something.

sorry to hear about your back, though. I have a few relatives in physical therapy and they swear by something called kinesiology tape. I know for me it worked wonders when I was still fresh from surgery. Everyone is different though, but if it helps you get some mobility back, it may be worth a shot.
Hi. Yep that tape is great. They put some on my knee several yrs ago when they did some repair surgery on it. It felt great for its intended use, but it drove my skin mad and gave me hives. I get allergies and lots of adhesive stuff does that to me. It sucked because I reckon id have recovered quicker using it. Im pretty good these days and happy and content, just cant do certain things I used to. There's a song title in there somewhere im sure for a country western singer. :D
Cheers Firebird, keep those recipe ideas coming. They are inspiring. 👍

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Blackened Flounder Topped with Mango Salsa and AngelHair Alfredo -can use any fish really.

What you do for a quick meal? We do all sorts of things here when we are time pressed to make a fast meal. One of the things I like doing is blackened fish. I know several people that hear of a fish like that and think it’s time consuming. I assure it’s not. It took longer to make the blackened seasoning than it did cook the fish. For a side I normally make a potato or vegetable fish; but, this time I had some Alfredo from a day or so ago left over and went ahead and cooked up some angel hair pasta.

So in under ten minutes, I made blackened flounder topped with a mango salsa and angel hair Alfredo.

The Alfredo recipe is simple;
4 toes garlic
3 tablespoons of good butter
10 oz of heavy cream
4 oz of fresh grated parmigiana

Melt the butter, add the garlic and let it sit until fragrant, add the cream and whisk until it starts to thicken, add the cheese and keep whisking until you get the consistency you want.

So simple, that sauce can be made in 4 minutes.

The mango salsa was store bought in the vegetable section
Blackened seasoning
Paprika
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Black pepper
Salt
Thyme
Oregano
Cayenne pepper

Mix it all together in a seasoning bottle or jar

For the fish

Dry the fish really well. Sprinkle it with the creole seasoning of your choice then brush on some fresh melted butter. -this will set off smoke detectors so make sure you turn the vent ln

Liberally cover with blackened seasoning

Repeat on both sides.

Get your skillet smoking hot and add some butter.

Lay the fish in the skillet presentation side down first.

Let it cook until the edges start to curl. For thin fish it should be about a minute to 90 seconds. For thicker fish maybe 3-4 minutes.

Flip it and remove after the same amount of time passes.

That’s it! You just made a Cajun classic in under ten minutes!

E0FCA59D-FF9B-440F-A9C4-E01F94CC0B32.jpeg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Served it with Butter Braised Cabbage, Potatoes Au Gratin and String Beans with Almonds and Butter

1621809782353.png

1621809803004.png

1621809833105.png

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just thought this might fit in here

Turning one season’s produce into a year’s worth of meals is easier than you’d think!
Yes, it may sound intimidating if you’ve never seen it done before.
But what if you were shown how to preserve your harvests with step-by-step instructions, examples and pictures?
Then you will want to join my friend and colleague, Stacey Murphy, over the next 3 days. Stacey provides mentorship to thousands of people so they can nourish their loved ones with fresh, organic food.
You just have to join her on the 3-Day Pickling Party starting tomorrow!

Claim Your Spot in the FREE 3-Day Pickling Party!

It’s going to be 3 fun-packed days where Stacey will show you…
  • Her favorite ingredients for crunchy pickles, sauerkraut, green smoothies, and more!
  • 6 ways to preserve your harvests so that you enjoy the maximum flavor year round.
  • How to save over 40% on your grocery bill.
  • The “weird” way to use kid’s snacks to inspire delicious fruit treats.
  • How you can create cherished family memories and get help with your harvest.
  • The #1 reason you need to be thinking about this now (and why waiting may cost you big time!).
  • Why fermented foods are so good for your gut.
  • How to harness your inner flavor ninja to transform boring pantry staples into delicious, restaurant-quality meals.
  • The one healthy habit to create nutritious meals in minutes.
…and that’s just a preview of what you’ll be getting! The daily events will have SO MUCH more for you to see, join in, smell (OK ... maybe not smell) and enjoy.
It’s going to be a 3-Day Pickling Party unlike any other!
Stacey will be sharing some of her best tips, secrets and insights for helping you get the most out of your harvest. If you want to enjoy the fruits of your gardening efforts all year long… this event is for you.

You’ll get 3 days to soak it all in…
  • Day 1: The Real Reason You Preserve Fresh Food
  • Day 2: Pickling Party!
  • Day 3: Harvests into Meals Secrets
But you’ll only get there by signing up for the 3-Day Pickling Party here:

Claim Your Spot in the FREE 3-Day Pickling Party!

Give it a good think while you’ve got this email open... Because you’ve only got a few hours left until it starts! You can join later, but you’ll miss some valuable information that Stacey will be covering on the first day. It’s not a big time commitment either. Just 30 minutes per day for 3 focused days.
By the end, you’ll walk away with pickles to share with family and friends PLUS a game plan for preserving the fruits (and vegetables) of your labor.
I’m pickled with excitement to party with you tomorrow!
Keep grow'n,
Jason
P.S. You just have to show up to the 3-Day Pickling Party starting this Tuesday.
>>> Give Me Access to the FREE Pickling Party! <<<

VU Sponsors