Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vape purchases weren't that frivolous to begin with but with the quarantine and cashflow slowdown, it's really slacked off. Mostly just participating in groups trying to help people who are going to diy or rebuildables. Checked the status of my last ft package, still no updates since the 5th. Likely on the slow boat and won't get any updates until it reaches stateside.

@AndriaD
Not sure if you're much of an rta person, have you tried the expromizer v4? Not that I've tried every tank out there or all the newer 'mtl' atties recently but so many were far looser than I'd consider proper mtl. This one actually has decent draw. Just as tight or tighter than the ego pen clearomizers, with varying options beyond that. Actual juiceflow control which is nice though it's top airflow. Really doesn't seem to hurt it, the airflow still comes right up under the coil like a kayfun or taifun or whatever. For a generic ass sounding name it vapes pretty good, machined fairly decent.

Have no idea the airflow hole sizes, I just know that when using my mouth to draw like a cig my cheeks collapse on 1 hole open. Even slightly up to around 4 out of 6 holes open.

I really don't care for tanks anymore; I've never tried ONE that gave the rich, saturated flavor of my Achilles RDAs.

If I was going to use any kind of tank, I have several KFL+s, and of course they can offer marvelously tight draw; I'd have to increase the flavoring in my strawberry and cream probably back up close to 30% flavoring, since tanks really don't give as good flavor as my Achilles. I tried one tank, once, that had that "juice control", and that was a disaster of epic proportions -- 86% PG doesn't NEED juice control; between the thin viscosity of that ejuice, and my Shiseido organic cotton pads, I always have TERRIFIC wicking -- just another great reason to use high PG, though I know that a lot find it very irritating.

I also have a couple of original Lemos, and though they're just slightly airier than I prefer, they're not terrible, I could get used to their tightness... but again, I'd have to increase my flavoring from its current 20% back to near 30%, just to taste anything from those Lemos. I also have an original Berserker, and it's quite a tight draw, on the smallest and next-to-smallest settings, and the flavor actually wasn't all that bad, just a little muted... but that thing leaks like a sieve, with that open bottom like the old Protanks had; I'd have to experiment with different wicking styles, to see if I could get it to stop leaking. Which is in itself a terrific reason to use my KFL+'s, if I really needed to use something other my Achilles; KLF+'s don't leak unless you seriously fuck something up.

Andria

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I really don't care for tanks anymore; I've never tried ONE that gave the rich, saturated flavor of my Achilles RDAs.

If I was going to use any kind of tank, I have several KFL+s, and of course they can offer marvelously tight draw; I'd have to increase the flavoring in my strawberry and cream probably back up close to 30% flavoring, since tanks really don't give as good flavor as my Achilles. I tried one tank, once, that had that "juice control", and that was a disaster of epic proportions -- 86% PG doesn't NEED juice control; between the thin viscosity of that ejuice, and my Shiseido organic cotton pads, I always have TERRIFIC wicking -- just another great reason to use high PG, though I know that a lot find it very irritating.

I also have a couple of original Lemos, and though they're just slightly airier than I prefer, they're not terrible, I could get used to their tightness... but again, I'd have to increase my flavoring from its current 20% back to near 30%, just to taste anything from those Lemos. I also have an original Berserker, and it's quite a tight draw, on the smallest and next-to-smallest settings, and the flavor actually wasn't all that bad, just a little muted... but that thing leaks like a sieve, with that open bottom like the old Protanks had; I'd have to experiment with different wicking styles, to see if I could get it to stop leaking. Which is in itself a terrific reason to use my KFL+'s, if I really needed to use something other my Achilles; KLF+'s don't leak unless you seriously fuck something up.

Andria
So, I'm getting the impression your not a fan of stock coil tanks then!? :D

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Yea I couldn't do 86%pg, smoking trashed my throat enough. I know what it's like vaping 50/50 and 60/40 heavier on the vg, if I had to go 86%pg I'd just light up again. It'd be easier on my throat lol.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Checked the status of my last ft package, still no updates since the 5th. Likely on the slow boat and won't get any updates until it reaches stateside.
I looked yesterday at my last fasttech order. It's been a month and no update on tracking. It just says origin post is preparing shipment. I'm confident it'll show up one day. I'm not completely certain but I think this has happened before. Tracking number didn't work and it just showed up.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome!!! Now I'm wanting to understand why different juices come in 80/20 , 70/30 and some folks don't use any PG??? (if I remember correctly) at all. I've noticed that with some juices I'm clearing my throat more often, kinda like I have mucus or something. I wonder if I should change the amount of some ingredients now that I'm starting to mix.

Higher-VG juice causes me to have heaviness in my chest, and sometimes I'd have that mucus issue you're talking about. What ratio are you using for PG/VG now? I found that 20/80 is too heavy for me, so I mix at 35/65. If I go any higher with VG, my chest gets heavy and congested-feeling.

The PG/VG ratio has an effect on throat hit and flavor as well. The higher the PG, the more throat hit, and (supposedly) the better the flavor. It does seem to be true that PG carries flavors at least somewhat better than VG.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome!!! Now I'm wanting to understand why different juices come in 80/20 , 70/30 and some folks don't use any PG??? (if I remember correctly) at all. I've noticed that with some juices I'm clearing my throat more often, kinda like I have mucus or something. I wonder if I should change the amount of some ingredients now that I'm starting to mix.
PG brings throat hit and carries flavor. VG is for clouds and no throat hit. Some are allergic to one or the other. Most commercial juices(freebase) use 70vg on up to max VG. Unless specified, flavorings are PG based, though you can get VG based....they will need more steep time.

I would definitely try some different ratios. Could pin point what your mucus issue is.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Higher-VG juice causes me to have heaviness in my chest, and sometimes I'd have that mucus issue you're talking about. What ratio are you using for PG/VG now? I found that 20/80 is too heavy for me, so I mix at 35/65. If I go any higher with VG, my chest gets heavy and congested-feeling.

The PG/VG ratio has an effect on throat hit and flavor as well. The higher the PG, the more throat hit, and (supposedly) the better the flavor. It does seem to be true that PG carries flavors at least somewhat better than VG.
Jinx on a coke! Great minds.......lol!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The higher the PG, the more throat hit, and (supposedly) the better the flavor. It does seem to be true that PG carries flavors at least somewhat better than VG.
I've always made 70/30. For whatever reason I decided to make three of my favorite recipes at 80/20. That didn't seem like a drastic adjustment but it affected the flavor and not in a good way. They tasted muted or softer. They had less clarity if that makes sense. I've never done high VG again.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Same with me anything over 60% VG and I have the same and start hacking up VG.
Just 50/50 for me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always made 70/30. For whatever reason I decided to make three of my favorite recipes at 80/20. That didn't seem like a drastic adjustment but it affected the flavor and not in a good way. They tasted muted or softer. They had less clarity if that makes sense. I've never done high VG again.

I think it is pretty much fact that the higher the VG the more flavoring that is required and or more 'steep' time.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think it is pretty much fact that the higher the VG the more flavoring that is required and or more 'steep' time.

...which is probably why a lot of store-bought juices contain 20% or more of flavors...since most of them are also high VG.

Still, nothing, I repeat NOTHING, kills flavor in eliquid like nic salts. I had to just about DOUBLE the flavoring percentages for that brief time I used salts, and I was already mixing heavy. The flavor was completely zapped otherwise.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...which is probably why a lot of store-bought juices contain 20% or more of flavors...since most of them are also high VG.

Still, nothing, I repeat NOTHING, kills flavor in eliquid like nic salts. I had to just about DOUBLE the flavoring percentages for that brief time I used salts, and I was already mixing heavy. The flavor was completely zapped otherwise.
Never tried nic salts and never plan to. Only purpose I can see for them is to making vaping insane levels (to me) of nicotine vapable.

I worked to reduce my nicotine dependence. Not for the reason most seem to though. I just want to have my level of dependence low enough that if I cannot vape for a while it does not eat on me.
Did not want to be a slave to smoking nor do I want to be to vaping either.
With that said I have no plans to drop my 2mg/ml or less vaping habit.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I kept reading posts about how good the Unicorn RDA vapes. I went back to Arkansas and ordered what must be the least desirable of all the options:D. I guess I'm lucky they even had any left. Five bucks is a heck of a price I'm guessing. I got two of the copper 25mm ones. I also got a different colored top cap for the Unicorn and the Axial.

They have Dat White Stuff cotton for a dollar a pack. I don't know how much is in each pack but I got some anyways.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've wanted a black Geekvape Creed tank for a while now. I scoffed at it when it came out because I had lots of Griffin tanks. But over time looking at pictures, I started to want one. Eciggity has them in black so I went ahead and ordered one. I doubt anyone here uses one regularly but you never know. I haven't read any reviews or anything but I'm sure I can get some use out of it.

I guess it's common knowledge on Reddit that Breazy is a shady company? They act like Breazy is constantly ripping people off. That's news to me. I've always had good luck shopping there. Have any of you guys had trouble with them recently?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've wanted a black Geekvape Creed tank for a while now. I scoffed at it when it came out because I had lots of Griffin tanks. But over time looking at pictures, I started to want one. Eciggity has them in black so I went ahead and ordered one. I doubt anyone here uses one regularly but you never know. I haven't read any reviews or anything but I'm sure I can get some use out of it.

I guess it's common knowledge on Reddit that Breazy is a shady company? They act like Breazy is constantly ripping people off. That's news to me. I've always had good luck shopping there. Have any of you guys had trouble with them recently?
I think some times it may be their first online order and don't hear anything for the weekend or something. I've used breezy a few times and never had a problem.

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year

Thanks!!! Great info!!! The pre made juices I've been buying have all been 70PG/30VG with a couple that were 80PG/20VG. Your description seems close to mine, I've been clearing my throat more frequently when vaping some juices. I will try a mix at the 65/35 ratio you suggest and may even do a 60/40 ratio to see which I like better. Lowering the VG may be exactly what I need to do. I was also considering lowering the flavoring percentages a bit as well, but I will start with lowering the VG first.

:cheers:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made vapemail for a member here. I bet he's excited. And everyone will be shocked. I sold the Spade. Yep sold it. Already. I blame @dubya314 and @Mykreign for all the billet box hand checks. Thanks guys for bring me back to the billet side. Lmao.
I'd take a billet over a spade as well. Don't feel bad :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yea I couldn't do 86%pg, smoking trashed my throat enough. I know what it's like vaping 50/50 and 60/40 heavier on the vg, if I had to go 86%pg I'd just light up again. It'd be easier on my throat lol.

It's never bothered me, unless I went all the way up to 90% PG, and that, only after vaping it for over a week -- my throat and the inside of my nostrils were bright red, like they'd been chemically burned, and it took a couple weeks for that to ease, though I went back to 80% PG after the pain started, and just had to deal with the constant ineffective coughing from 20% VG. Once the pain was gone, then I went back to 85% PG, and that was fine; now, I usually stay at about 86%-86.5% PG, and that seems the ideal ratio for me. Really never have understood how people can inhale smoke with less irritation than from a harmless chemical like PG.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, I'm getting the impression your not a fan of stock coil tanks then!? :D

Good lord, why would I be? Those things are trash! I started building my coils even before I started DIY ejuice!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah... when I mixed yesterday, I adjusted my recipe just slightly -- I knocked .1 off the shisha strawberry, but added .1 to the Dx bavarian and vanilla swirl, and changed my nic level from 5mg to 5.1mg, and the PG from 86.3% to 86.5% -- because although my last reduction in flavoring was needed, I wasn't totally happy with the result, even after it sat for 10 days; it just seemed really blah. so, I'm hoping that the recipe adjustments, and increasing the nic and the PG just slightly will make it a bit more exciting and flavorful.

So, with the adjustments, the latest recipe looks like this:

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 12.1%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 4.3%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 3.1%
CAP Sweet Cream 1%

Bringing the total flavoring to 20.5%, rather than 20.4%, but with slightly more nic and PG, maybe a bit tastier, more "oomph," than a .1 increase would account for. Haven't tasted it yet since I just mixed it yesterday, but it smells good; a little "richer," with the slight increase in DX bavarian and vanilla swirl.

Andria

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Made a new wallpaper for my phone.

8eec6a29b76f4f55d06cf23d49eaf106.jpg

ad38f14afb0270927f0ebfc925a74b01.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Attachments

• VU.jpg
    VU.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 10

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That, and an opinion on anything as far as consumer goods goes is very much subjective. What is trash to you may very well fit the bill to me.

I've daily driven an older pickup truck (2008 silverado z71) for quite a few years as opposed to something newer since I tend to work it very hard around my farm (when I'm not at my regular job) and would rather have it as opposed to a new truck seeing as I don't sweat it if I get a couple of scratches or dings getting back into the fields and whatnot. I really like the truck. It's comfortable, has plenty of get up and go, rides smooth for a big truck by my standards, is wired for trailer breaks when I need to tow my tractor, etc.

Now, if you look up reviews from the same era, many ford people say it handles like a piece of garbage, has no guts, etc. I drove both back then and I liked the silverado better so that's what I bought. Now? Well, I like the ford a bit more and drive one often at work. So if I were to buy a new one (I wont-- I don't do truck payments), I'd probably buy the ford.

Some people can't not be loyal to a brand.
Here's something I found amusing when it happened. Here in Australia anything with a rear tray carry section was always just called a ute. Short for Utility Vehicle. Nobody ever used Utility Vehicle just has always been Ute. Big or small, all Utes. The great Aussie Ute we knew it as. But slowly people started liking the idea, picked up from you guys in the US, of saying they didnt drive a ute but instead drive a Truck. All of a sudden just 1 type of car was now a ute and the rest Trucks. Traditionally here a truck was something that hauled serious loads with trailers or quarry tip type things.
People thought how cool it was they were now driving Trucks instead of utes.
Their joy was short lived when they discovered that their once considered ute now being a truck the price had gone up and that toll way roads were charging them higher toll fees for driving .......Trucks. :giggle:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Here's something I found amusing when it happened. Here in Australia anything with a rear tray carry section was always just called a ute. Short for Utility Vehicle. Nobody ever used Utility Vehicle just has always been Ute. Big or small, all Utes. The great Aussie Ute we knew it as. But slowly people started liking the idea, picked up from you guys in the US, of saying they didnt drive a ute but instead drive a Truck. All of a sudden just 1 type of car was now a ute and the rest Trucks. Traditionally here a truck was something that hauled serious loads with trailers or quarry tip type things.
People thought how cool it was they were now driving Trucks instead of utes.
Their joy was short lived when they discovered that their once considered ute now being a truck the price had gone up and that toll way roads were charging them higher toll fees for driving .......Trucks. :giggle:

in the US, trucks are "pickup trucks" , F-150, Silverado, etc, beds in the back. 18 wheelers are called "semi's" , where this moniker came from, who knows. because they are anything but "semi".

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
in the US, trucks are "pickup trucks" , F-150, Silverado, etc, beds in the back. 18 wheelers are called "semi's" , where this moniker came from, who knows. because they are anything but "semi".
Semi refers to just the truck that pulls the trailer I think, since it's just a cab on wheels, it's a "semi" truck, not a whole truck.
Now put a trailer on it, it's now called a tractor trailer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually the term semi originated with the trailer as it was not complete with no front wheels, the tractor part got called a semi tractor/truck because of it being designed to pull the semi trailers.

or so I read somewhere once.

And today I just vaped and filled/changed batteries.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Maybe that's why Juul didn't object to the ban on their flavor pods. It doesn't take much tobacco flavoring to taste like tobacco! Has anyone rinsed out a bottle that contained nic salts? Does it have that "wet ashtray" smell? Yesterday while mixing, when I rinsed out the syringe that had contained my nicotine (the regular kind, 100mg), that wet ashtray stench hit me in the face! It's safe to say that my bloodhound nose is NOT finished recuperating from 39 yr of smoker's coma.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's warmer at your house than it is at mine! What's up with that?

I think it's the high pressure that came in behind that big rain/storm front that came thru sunday/monday down here. It's been sunny since it passed, but chilly, low 40s at night, maybe mid 60s in the daytime -- it's nice in the sun, but the breeze is one of those i wished to hell had stayed in fucking Alberta! It's supposed to be a lot warmer than this by now, but I expect I'll be getting my wish sooner than I think -- this is GA after all. :D

Andria

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Well it was time to re wick and I decided to take the advice from @Jinx'd and try the white peach I mixed a couple of days ago. I made it with .5% or .15ml of the white peach and the taste was there but very faint. I added another .5ml to it for a total of .2ml and it's not bad at all. I may go up another .5ml the next time I mix it. At this point it's definitely a vapeable peach juice for me, in fact, I would say I like it better than any peach juice I've bought. I'm diggin this mixin stuff...should have started to do it sooner...:) My next BCF order will definitely have a bigger bottle of the FA white peach.

@MrMeowgi - I'm diggin this flavor.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well it was time to re wick and I decided to take the advice from @Jinx'd and try the white peach I mixed a couple of days ago. I made it with .5% or .15ml of the white peach and the taste was there but very faint. I added another .5ml to it for a total of .2ml and it's not bad at all. I may go up another .5ml the next time I mix it. At this point it's definitely a vapeable peach juice for me, in fact, I would say I like it better than any peach juice I've bought. I'm diggin this mixin stuff...should have started to do it sooner...:) My next BCF order will definitely have a bigger bottle of the FA white peach.

@MrMeowgi - I'm diggin this flavor.

when i looked it up on ELR, it gave a 2.0%. now, idk just how they came to this recommendation. but according to your results, its pretty close.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today I washed and re wicked two rdas. Mixed 60ml of BlackBerry menthol juice. And vaped a ton. Stress is getting to me....

What blackberry do you use. I use that same in my work pods but get it from vapewild. Boycotting them now so have to diy.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What blackberry do you use. I use that same in my work pods but get it from vapewild. Boycotting them now so have to diy.
I’ve heard(possibly erroneously) that Vape Wild used FW? FW Blackberry isnt half bad at all.

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Capella BlackBerry. Pretty realistic flavor. Goes great with a little koolada or menthol, or both.

I just mixed it with:
3%BlackBerry (cap)
1.5% watermelon (tpa)
0.5% koolada (tpa)
0.5%menthol (lnw)

Pretty much shake and vape because I'm impatient and for some reason don't mix ahead of time.
I read some saying to let this BlackBerry steep for a few days to a couple weeks. I ain't got patience for that!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Capella BlackBerry. Pretty realistic flavor. Goes great with a little koolada or menthol, or both.

I just mixed it with:
3%BlackBerry (cap)
1.5% watermelon (tpa)
0.5% koolada (tpa)
0.5%menthol (lnw)

Pretty much shake and vape because I'm impatient and for some reason don't mix ahead of time.
I read some saying to let this BlackBerry steep for a few days to a couple weeks. I ain't got patience for that!

Appreciate it man. I'll be getting in on that. That's my mtl vape. 12mg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Not really. They did send me the wrong thing once or twice, but I think that was an honest mistake. I only half way listen to Reddit posts. There seems to be more noobs there than here.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Today I washed and re wicked two rdas. Mixed 60ml of BlackBerry menthol juice. And vaped a ton. Stress is getting to me....

I mixed my usual 50ml and blew through it in five days!! I was so surprised to have to mix again, but I’m stressed out too. :hug:

VU Sponsors